Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-02, 19:01   Link #1
renasis_force
GGGG-Unot

Send a message via MSN to renasis_force
[GSD] which ms of Yzak Joule is the best

I would chose for Yzak Joule's new ms "Slash Zaku Phantom ", because he has these huge beam gatling cannon(which remind me of the heavyarms gundam of Gundam Wing). The duel gundam is ok, but his assault shroud mode is just an some upgrades on the duel gundam.

1.ZGMF-1001/K Slash Zaku Phantom
2.GAT-X102 Duel Gundam Assault Shroud mode
3.GAT-X102 Duel Gundam
renasis_force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 19:03   Link #2
Depresionist

Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
Zaku of course! His Zaku's Axe can cut through a shield!
Old 2004-12-02, 19:15   Link #3
sperry

Send a message via AIM to sperry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresionist
Zaku of course! His Zaku's Axe can cut through a shield!
And Duel's beam sabers couldn't?

Anyway, I don't think there's much point in having Duel on the list, because Assault shroud outclasses it in every way.
Though, in AS vs. Zaku, I don't know, it'd be pretty close. Even though the Zaku is a newer suit, it isn't at the level of the current Gundams. The only reason Yzak was able to do so well in episode 6 was because he was a much more experienced pilot, I think. I'd say the suits are pretty much equal, overall.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 19:35   Link #4
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Well, I think the Slash Phantom is better or equal to Duel. Duel, even with its Assualt Shroud, isn't that great a suit. It holds up through the entire war because it was fighting mobile armors for most of its time in combat. Strike was the only mobile suit it ever fought until the Strike Dagger is introduced on May 25 [not counting its brief scuffle with Freedom at Alaska]. The first 5 months Duel is in action it only fights Moebius MAs. The Strike Daggers aren't on par with any GAT-X suit. Duel's hardest fights are against Strike and Freedom, which it lost. Then it went against Forbidden and owned Shani, but that was a bit of a 2-on-1 with Buster providing support. Anyway, I say it's either a tie or Slash ZAKU is better.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 20:20   Link #5
Esper 28
Akira

If we're talking "best" as in technical stats...no clue.

But I like Yzak's ZAKU more based on my personal preference. I want to know more about his beam axe. More specifically, if he can use in either short pole or long pole form. 'Cause while having a long pole weapon is awesome, having a more traditional ZAKU axe is awesome as well.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 00:10   Link #6
Zero Murasame
Me+AK-74= UNSTOPPABLE

His ZAKU, cuz only weaklings pilot gundams.
Ball power.
Zero Murasame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 00:49   Link #7
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
I'd take the Slash's gattling beam guns any day over Duel. Zaku GMV
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 01:07   Link #8
Senien

Send a message via ICQ to Senien Send a message via AIM to Senien Send a message via MSN to Senien Send a message via Yahoo to Senien
I'm still partial to Duel w/ Assault Shroud in terms of looks and fire power. Though I must say his new beam halberd? is pretty nifty as well.
Old 2004-12-03, 01:17   Link #9
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

for technical spec, Slash Zaku Phantom is the best. for looks, I also like Slash Zaku Phantom more
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 01:20   Link #10
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by renasis_force
I would chose for Yzak Joule's new ms "Slash Zaku Phantom ", because he has these huge beam gatling cannon(which remind me of the heavyarms gundam of Gundam Wing). The duel gundam is ok, but his assault shroud mode is just an some upgrades on the duel gundam.

1.ZGMF-1001/K Slash Zaku Phantom
2.GAT-X102 Duel Gundam Assault Shroud mode
3.GAT-X102 Duel Gundam
ZGMF-1001/K Slash Zaku Phantom is the best out of all of them. Two years have passed so the Zaku Models have surpassed the stage of the GAT Gundams. Of course we all know that when Athrun owned Sting! So it's obvious that Yzaks Zaku is a upgrade of Athruns Zaku when it sliced through Gaia's shield when Athrun's Zaku didn't. And the Gundams that the Naturals stole is a higher model than the original Gundams that were made in Helopolis. If I confused you, I am very sorry.

Last edited by iceyfw; 2004-12-03 at 01:35.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 02:14   Link #11
FlyByNite

The Slash ZAKU Phantom is newer and better then the original gundams, I'd say it's quite superior to any of the original Gundams, plus the EA Gundams, but probably not as powerful as any of the nuclear-drive Gundams(Freedom, Justice, or Providence).

Although there's no way to know for sure unless Freedom shows up again and gives a better idea of how it handles against the new generation of mobile suits.

I wonder if Yzak still has Duel? Maybe he keeps it in his garage and has it all fixed up like a vintage car or something... Takes it out on the weekends to impress the ladies.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 02:25   Link #12
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
The Slash ZAKU Phantom is newer and better then the original gundams, I'd say it's quite superior to any of the original Gundams, plus the EA Gundams, but probably not as powerful as any of the nuclear-drive Gundams(Freedom, Justice, or Providence).

Although there's no way to know for sure unless Freedom shows up again and gives a better idea of how it handles against the new generation of mobile suits.

I wonder if Yzak still has Duel? Maybe he keeps it in his garage and has it all fixed up like a vintage car or something... Takes it out on the weekends to impress the ladies.
Yzak doesn't need ladies. He's got Shiho!

However, I do concur Slash Zaku owns Duel in every single aspect, except resistance to ballistic weapons. Oh well, that's what he's got two shields for, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senien
I'm still partial to Duel w/ Assault Shroud in terms of looks and fire power. Though I must say his new beam halberd? is pretty nifty as well.
I'm sure that's not a beam weapon, as it clearly has a blade made of metal. I think the Slash Zaku's Halberd is more similar to the old Zaku II's Heat Hawk weapon. So I guess it's a Heat Halberd?
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 02:31   Link #13
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
Yzak doesn't need ladies. He's got Shiho!

However, I do concur Slash Zaku owns Duel in every single aspect, except resistance to ballistic weapons. Oh well, that's what he's got two shields for, I guess.
Yea, he's got Shiho... Maybe Dearka steals Duel and flies out on the weekends

Dearka: "Hey Baby, wanna go for a ride in the only mobile suit that destroyed TWO Gundams?"

Random Girl: "Wait, isn't the pilot of Duel, Yzak Joule?"
Dearka: "umm...Well, yea...but"
:Girl walks away:
Dearka yelling: "BUT HE USED MY GUN TO GET RAIDER DAMNIT!!!!!"

Poor Dearka...
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 02:41   Link #14
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
I'm sure that's not a beam weapon, as it clearly has a blade made of metal. I think the Slash Zaku's Halberd is more similar to the old Zaku II's Heat Hawk weapon. So I guess it's a Heat Halberd?
No, it is a beam weapon.

Old 2004-12-03, 02:51   Link #15
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28
No, it is a beam weapon.

next time, you should crop off the subs... some people will start saying bad stuff about the fansubbers that you posted. I've seen it happen and it can be very bad and cause the topic to be locked. Just a warning.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 03:04   Link #16
Raxtenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Yea, he's got Shiho... Maybe Dearka steals Duel and flies out on the weekends

Dearka: "Hey Baby, wanna go for a ride in the only mobile suit that destroyed TWO Gundams?"

Random Girl: "Wait, isn't the pilot of Duel, Yzak Joule?"
Dearka: "umm...Well, yea...but"
:Girl walks away:
Dearka yelling: "BUT HE USED MY GUN TO GET RAIDER DAMNIT!!!!!"

Poor Dearka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28
No, it is a beam weapon.
I see. Well I stand corrected. Thank you for clearing that up.
Old 2004-12-03, 03:34   Link #17
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy
next time, you should crop off the subs... some people will start saying bad stuff about the fansubbers that you posted. I've seen it happen and it can be very bad and cause the topic to be locked. Just a warning.
It wasn't like I put all that much thought into my post. I just took a screenshot, uploaded it real quick, and posted it.

Besides, that'd be pretty asinine of someone to come into this thread and flame a fansub group because I posted a screenshot. If someone actually did that, they probably deserve to get smacked. No, take out that probably...they do deserve to be smacked.

Raxtenko: While you were wrong that it's a beam weapon, you may be right in a sense. 'Cause if Yzak's long-pole beam axe is anything like the standard beam axe, then it should function as a physical blade as well. Considering how Athrun's beam axe went and stuck in the anti-beam coated shield of one of the Gundams.
Old 2004-12-03, 12:49   Link #18
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
I don't think you guys give Duel Gundam enough credit. I think the only reason why his Zaku looks better is 'cause he's not gettin' pwned in it. But look at who he was fighting when he was in Duel. He was fighting against Strike (who was piloted by the ultimated coordinator) and...well, I don't think you can call his encounters with Freedom fights. I mean, Kira just chose to save his life for some reason unbeknownst to me.

The fact is, Isaac in his Zaku was fighting against newbie gundam pilots and washout ZAFT forces. Of course he'd look spectacular in the Zaku.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 13:03   Link #19
Raxtenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s
I don't think you guys give Duel Gundam enough credit. I think the only reason why his Zaku looks better is 'cause he's not gettin' pwned in it. But look at who he was fighting when he was in Duel. He was fighting against Strike (who was piloted by the ultimated coordinator) and...well, I don't think you can call his encounters with Freedom fights. I mean, Kira just chose to save his life for some reason unbeknownst to me.

The fact is, Isaac in his Zaku was fighting against newbie gundam pilots and washout ZAFT forces. Of course he'd look spectacular in the Zaku.
No, the Zaku is better than the Duel. Out of the five first generation Gundams, Duel was by far the weakest. All it had was two beam sabers, and one beam rifle, and yeah that railgun on the assault Shroud, but it's not like Yzak ever used that thing more than two or three times. Anyways, near the end of the series, when ZAFT rolls out GuAIZ (if you don't remember it's that suit that Rau used to pwn Mwu), all of the first generation Gundams all already outclassed by it. I'm not basing the this conclusion on that one fight though, someone who worked on the show (I think it was Fukuda), actually stated that the GuAIZ is better.

Anyways two years pass, and ZAFT rolls out the Zaku, which has also been confirmed to be better than the than the GuAIZ.

Last edited by Raxtenko; 2004-12-03 at 13:46.
Old 2004-12-03, 13:11   Link #20
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Well, it's not about giving enough credit or not, it's because the official data for Zaku says it great exceeds first generation GAT-Xs in technical specs.

Yzak is a great pilot, Duel is spec-wise the worst of the first generation GAT-X, it's GAT-X102, the testbed for building Strike, Buster and Blitz. It's more like a Gundam mold.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote