Closed Thread

Old 2017-01-22, 18:35   Link #341
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
100% truth.

Also, people on this protest are sooo trigered Really beautiful sight.
Big Joe owns! LOL Reminds me of that kid some time ago. Wait till I find the video!

Edit: Here it is!
YouTube

This two own in every way. Sad to hear that the kid is getting death threats now tho....
Old 2017-01-22, 18:54   Link #342
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
If someone votes a candidate who has explicitly said he's going to exploit people, maybe said voters squandered their education

There is nothing logical about that

But yes, I've met conservatives who though Trump didn't really mean what he said.
You know its perfectly possibly for two intelligent, reasonable and well educated people to utterly disagree on a subject right?
Old 2017-01-22, 18:59   Link #343
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
If someone votes a candidate who has explicitly said he's going to exploit people, maybe said voters squandered their education

But yes, I've met conservatives who though Trump didn't really mean what he said.
Or they never heard him say it at all.

I've found the most trying thing of late is the media in general. So much is or can be taken out of context or spun in any which way, that it has become extremely difficult to find the truth when it comes to politicians. The news seems to be made for either shock or entertainment value rather than reporting what happened. Everyone has to take a stab at what was said and what it means. The bias of different channels gets talked about a lot the last twenty years or so as cable stations range in the hundreds with maybe a hundred that do news and/or cover presidential politics in some matter. How many people get their opinions from a media personality more so that a news source? From gossip shows that deal more with what celebrity is sleeping around with whom more than actual functional reality? From random youtubers or facebook?

This is the state of the media and how people view it. A sound bite at a time from questionable sources. And I'm just typing on the Internet. Talking to people, some don't agree with everything Trump has going on, but would rather have that than what Obama or Clinton was selling. Other are deathly afraid of what Trump will do going forward (some expect San Francisco to become a smoldering ruin from a purge or some such thing.) Fear has taken over, and people are not thinking, just reacting.
Old 2017-01-22, 19:02   Link #344
IceHism

Quote:

Educated voters vote republican when they own a business or have a 6 figure job and are perfectly fine with strict meritocracy and capitalism. They want those lower taxes and lesser regulations. They could care less about the average person.
Old 2017-01-22, 19:11   Link #345
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Or they never heard him say it at all.

I've found the most trying thing of late is the media in general. So much is or can be taken out of context or spun in any which way, that it has become extremely difficult to find the truth when it comes to politicians. The news seems to be made for either shock or entertainment value rather than reporting what happened. Everyone has to take a stab at what was said and what it means. The bias of different channels gets talked about a lot the last twenty years or so as cable stations range in the hundreds with maybe a hundred that do news and/or cover presidential politics in some matter. How many people get their opinions from a media personality more so that a news source? From gossip shows that deal more with what celebrity is sleeping around with whom more than actual functional reality? From random youtubers or facebook?

This is the state of the media and how people view it. A sound bite at a time from questionable sources. And I'm just typing on the Internet. Talking to people, some don't agree with everything Trump has going on, but would rather have that than what Obama or Clinton was selling. Other are deathly afraid of what Trump will do going forward (some expect San Francisco to become a smoldering ruin from a purge or some such thing.) Fear has taken over, and people are not thinking, just reacting.
Maybe they should stop listening to Fox News, Dalimail, Breitbart, Infowars etc...
Many of those people are making it too easy for themselves and want to have easy answes to big problems.
Old 2017-01-22, 19:12   Link #346
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

As my business requires me to talk to alot of different people...I find home owners in general are large supporters of Trump. At least here in Florida. Even the handful of black family home owners on my account are mostly Trump voters.
Old 2017-01-22, 19:13   Link #347
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Fear has taken over, and people are not thinking, just reacting.
Good reasons. The GOP controls the Executive seat, the senate and mostly like the supreme court as well

The last time that happened, the great depression happened

and now Trump wants to start a trade war with China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
You know its perfectly possibly for two intelligent, reasonable and well educated people to utterly disagree on a subject right?

When the argument is "No that's just rhetoric, he doesn't really mean that he'll murder us all" It is worrying
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2017-01-22, 19:29   Link #348
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
The country has been there since the 1990s or so.
Calling the white house press secretary defence of nonexistent crowds at the trump inauguration "business as usual" is like doing nothing when a hurricane category 5 nears your coasts ...

See if you can spot the difference with the real one:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Altern...acts-659062060
Old 2017-01-22, 19:55   Link #349
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I honestly don't care about the difference, if any. That's not my point (since lying politician is redundant), the point is the media trend to focus on the pointless and/or small facts and blow them up into huge earthshattering news stories that can last for months, that are worthless.

Who cares how many people were at the inauguration? That's not news. That's a statistic. Reporting about lying about it is equally worthless news to cover. It matters as much as who Celebrity A was seen with in Mexico last Summer. That the media will spend days to months talking about both like it matters to world, is what is wrong, and has been wrong since the 1990s.

As much as I didn't care for Bill Clinton when he was in office, that they impeached him for dropping his pants (well lying about it) is probably the silliest thing they could have gotten him for. It is Celebrity news worthy drivel. And it seems to be all we really get other than opinion pieces about what thing A might mean and surely Thing B is the worst thing ever, kinds of news.

Even President Obama mentioned something about that during his last State of the Union address. About the scale of the media and its effects.
Old 2017-01-22, 20:31   Link #350
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

The media reported about Turds inauguration. And it's only normal that this in 2017 and the one 2009 would be compared. Turd didn't like the fact the he is not popular and made statements that are blatant lies and and accused the media of fake news.
The point is that Turd has brought all this shit uppon himself.

What is frightening is that Turd and his regime of evil are trying to spread their fake news as alternative facts and everything who is not playing along with their crap is branded as fake news.
That is something that can not and should not be accepted.
His first day in office and he lies without any shame and we all know that will not be the last. The media has the obligation to point at his nonsense and call him out on it.
Old 2017-01-22, 20:39   Link #351
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kousaka View Post
Do you know how to keep your fingers on America's pulse or do you choose to ignore the details of the situation?
Tell me why I am wrong, then. Because I have had enough with Democrats thinking it is perfectly fine to not get involved with the electoral process because it doesn't really matter to them. And that whenever they get motivated all they do is protest. That kind of mentality is like only wanting to eat dessert and never touch the vegetables. You don't get to skip the boring parts of democracy and do just the fun bits.
Old 2017-01-22, 20:46   Link #352
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

While I am not certain about the present protests, the ones immediately after the election I felt were incredibly stupid. Most of the places that were protesting and in cases vandalizing or inconvenienced the local populations, were areas that voted a majority, if not super majority, for Clinton. Why break stuff in your own yard and your friends yards if they all voted the same as you anyway? To protest? Against Trump....from a city and or state that voted for Clinton? Who is that going to impress aside from the media? It only hurts local Democratic voters that voted Democrat. It does nothing to Republican voters except make them think the Democrats supports are violent idiots or looters, which only plays into Republican hands with their idea that the Democratic party it the party of poor ignorant inner city folks, and brainwashed liberal arts students.
Old 2017-01-22, 20:53   Link #353
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Donwplaying the protests and the reason why a couple of millions of people went on the streets...because some morons like vandalism...
Old 2017-01-22, 21:03   Link #354
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

As far as I read about the march in Washington, all official reports mentioned zero arrests. That fully deserves a solid round of applause.

Peace, Positivity as Massive Women’s March Makes Voices Heard in D.C.

Women's March on Washington yields zero arrests: report

Meanwhile, Spicer and Conway have shown once again what kind of despicable little twats they are with the load of crap they have spouted in the last 24 hours. If the context was any different, those 2 idiots would have lost their jobs for being full of lying crap in their comments.
Old 2017-01-22, 21:04   Link #355
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
the point is the media trend to focus on the pointless and/or small facts and blow them up into huge earthshattering news stories that can last for months, that are worthless.
My point is that in this specific report, the media did not blew the story out of proportion, this was a slow news days where nothing relevant happened. This is relevant not because of the statistic in question (number of people at the inauguration), but because the white house is negating an easily verifiable event as the first shot in a war against any media outlet that dares to say different from the "official truth". Maybe you do not think this is terrible because you have not lived in a country where the "official truth" has existed, I have so I am talking with years of experience in hand.

Quote:
Who cares how many people were at the inauguration? That's not news. That's a statistic.
Webster called and said "Don't be a stranger":

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/news

Gaslighting is osoroshii >_<

What we should be really talking about is how Trump has not fullfilled any campaign promise, or people have forgotten he said that in his very first day he would do plenty of things.
Old 2017-01-23, 01:04   Link #356
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Tell me why I am wrong, then. Because I have had enough with Democrats thinking it is perfectly fine to not get involved with the electoral process because it doesn't really matter to them. And that whenever they get motivated all they do is protest. That kind of mentality is like only wanting to eat dessert and never touch the vegetables. You don't get to skip the boring parts of democracy and do just the fun bits.
You said America is stupid for electing Trump, which in itself is as stupid as wanting to issue a temporary travel ban on all Muslims entering America since ISIS exists. You said the democrats didn't go out to vote, except ~9% of them voted for Trump and the democratic firewall states fell when they previously went to Obama. Twice. You assumed that Hillary thought the truth would be enough to mobilize folks to vote for her, but for most people, their only exposure to politics is what mainstream TV news media covers. If the mainstream TV news media actually did their job in holding politicians accountable, do you seriously think Trump and Hillary would be their party's nominees in light of their shittier policies? Most people saw only the narrative that Trump and Hillary pushed, one being the outsider who would change Washington D.C. to make it work for the middle class, bring back jobs lost to NAFTA, and repair the D+ grade infrastructure, the other being nothing but cliches and platitudes that was tone deaf to America's pain. Truth is, Hillary ran a shitty campaign that failed the people; they didn't fail her. Or what? Do we get to say voters failed Mitt Romney and John McCain instead of them failing the voters? Do we get to say voters failed Bob Dole instead of Bob Dole failing the voters? Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it?
GANBARIMASU
Old 2017-01-23, 02:01   Link #357
Ayato_kanzaki

Quote:
Who cares how many people were at the inauguration? That's not news. That's a statistic.
Trump care about it. A lot. And that's why you should care too, not about the statistic, but about Trump's personnality.

Quote:
Reporting about lying about it is equally worthless news to cover.
Your governement is lying to you day one, and being very obvious about it, and that's not newsworthy to you?

If that's not important to you, it only means that you got so used to being taken for a fool that you consider it your new normal, and gave up on your responsabilities as a citizen.
Old 2017-01-23, 04:07   Link #358
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayato_kanzaki View Post
Your governement is lying to you day one, and being very obvious about it, and that's not newsworthy to you?

If that's not important to you, it only means that you got so used to being taken for a fool that you consider it your new normal, and gave up on your responsabilities as a citizen.
No because I've considered them to be lying to me for the last twenty years since I started voting. So I don't find the situation to be new. And I've still voted in every presidential election since 1996. This time I didn't vote for any of the main parties and instead am one of a little over 3,000 people in my county to vote for Bernie Sanders as a legitimate write in vote. Did my vote do much? No. Did it hurt the Democratic Party? In California...no. Did I follow what I thought was right? Yes.
Old 2017-01-23, 05:18   Link #359
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Maybe you have forgotten this, but Trump lost the popular vote by a large margin. You do know what that means right? Don't blame the American people for not voting when, they did but they votes was superseded by archaic system that gives power to handful of states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
As far as I read about the march in Washington, all official reports mentioned zero arrests. That fully deserves a solid round of applause.

Peace, Positivity as Massive Women’s March Makes Voices Heard in D.C.

Women's March on Washington yields zero arrests: report

Meanwhile, Spicer and Conway have shown once again what kind of despicable little twats they are with the load of crap they have spouted in the last 24 hours. If the context was any different, those 2 idiots would have lost their jobs for being full of lying crap in their comments.
I'm really proud of America today a long with everyone around the world that supported this movement. That said for this truly have an effect it needs to be kept up for the next 4 years and enegry especially needs to be directed at the midterms. Cheeto Mussolini should not be in anyway normalized.

Last edited by Applehell; 2017-01-23 at 05:29.
Old 2017-01-23, 08:50   Link #360
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Hello, fellas. How's your resistance movements going? I wish you all well and best of luck to your 4-years struggle in a long war ahead. But I got an urgent news to announced:
YouTube
Closed Thread