AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-14, 13:47   Link #561
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Here in Australia I can login just fine. I'm using PC though so maybe if you use PS3 you still can't login yet?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 14:02   Link #562
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Yeah, I'm using ps3. Thanks for the info. ^^
Old 2013-06-14, 17:33   Link #563
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Hrm. This blows. Took several hundred screenshots as I leveled to 16 Pugilist last night, using MSI Afterburner, and find out that for whatever reason, screen overlay programs used for screenshot purposes apparently don't work with this game. :/

Anyways, you can take screenshots via the game with Prnt Screen, and they're located in your Documents -> My Games -> FF XIV -> screenshots folder. Of course, SE adds a copyright watermark/caption to all screenshots taken this way. :/

My Pug:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Much more boring looking than my Pug in 1.0, even at similar levels, but since gear is level-based now, that's to be expected.

Limsa Lomina, at least on Bahamut, seems to be relatively a ghost town compared to Gridania and Uldah. I suspect that's due to so many people playing the spell casters in Uldah/Grdiania.

English players continue to be lazy and anti-social, which isn't going to make for a robust, long-term English community. Looking at the people who have themselves tagged for LFP under the social tool as we tried to get two others to join us for one of the level 15 dungeons, there was...ONE person with the English client, while a whole host of those with the Japanese. :/

The quest breadcrumbs kind of end at the level 15 dungeons, so we'll either try to put a group together again tonight, or reclass to crafters and see how much more feasible it is to do. I did take a quick look at crafting vendors, and at first glance, the vendors seem to have a wide range of crafting materials for cheap for the first 1-15 levels or so. Not sure if that's just for beta or not, but if that remains at release, the gathering classes are going to be low to no return for those levels I suspect.

Lots of great cutscenes (for the Uldah story anyways), and even one fairly difficult story fight (level 15 Pugilist). Crits make such a huge difference, and the NPC companion that does the tanking and healing died in the first wave in my first attempt, I was one-shot in the second by a stray axe crit, and then in the third that NPC never dropped below 50% health. :/ First time I've died in pve outside of initial raid progression in....years?

Airships drastically reduce the tedium of traveling between the three major cities.

Guildleves are largely pointless due to only having 3 to do a day. Nice to see ones designed for parties of 4 though.

I could have sworn FF XIV had a day/night cycle, but we didn't see it occur in Uldah in 16 levels, so maybe my memory is playing with me. Edit: Logged into Limsa, and it was night, so day/night cycle still exists. Weird I never saw the night in Uldah though.

Really wish we had an appearance tab. On the other hand, I've always thought the clothing/armor textures-for an MMO-were fantastic. I just don't like some of the aesthetics. Like subligar gear. *shudder*

Also wish we could play for the Garlean Empire, but yea, this is SE and Final Fantasy. We'll never be able to play for the "bad" guys. They have the best looking armor...and magitek though! And people who are badass and slice people in half!

The client download is pretty small, so presumably it's still missing a ton of the game. I seem to remember 1.0 taking up 6? 8? times more space? :/
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 18:25   Link #564
Crimrui
Hollow

Finally able to get it work. Played it for an hour and I'm pretty satisfied so far. I went in the game blind with having no prior knowledge of it's content. The cuscenes are really well done and made me interested in the world and it's history much more. Your character facial animation is really nice looking during certain scenes. Quality stuff here. Social factor is zero, might as well play offline. Everyone is just running in a hurry, as if they don't even read the quests that are given to them. Can't even ask someone something.

What kinda surprised me are the names of players. There are a lot of them which are quite normal. From Japanese and well-known celebrities to Greek mythology names. Kinda nice change as the usual names I see in orther MMO are Recanon298_XTT or something. ^^'
Old 2013-06-14, 21:30   Link #565
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Well early levels are easy to grind so people might not really want to bother getting a party. The quests npcs are easy to find too so most people won't likely socialize to finish it.. though I did ask someone during one absurd quest a few hours ago. The quest was to take food order for 4 people but I only could find 3 people in the bar. Turns out the last npc was at the top of the hill, which is also directly on top of the bar (this makes the quest marker makes him like he's inside the bar ).

At least the FATE system forces us to band together to finish a quest

Old 2013-06-14, 22:11   Link #566
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post

At least the FATE system forces us to band together to finish a quest
Should just call it what it is. The Zerg system!
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 04:20   Link #567
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Himmel, which server are you playing at?

Anyway, I've tried playing at JP server. Color me surprised. This is the first time I see players queueing for a quest, and the line is super long lol. Usually people just went "the faster to click get it" mode lol.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2013-06-15 at 04:55.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 04:33   Link #568
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
A lot of people apparently accidentally used the Japanese beta servers, which are inexplicably listed first (the NA/EU beta servers are on a separate tab).

This has resulted in my time being... rather quiet, as much of my playtime was during the wee hours of the morning for Japan, and now that I'm getting ready to crash, they're really starting to come out.

Eh. Not concerned. The data's being wiped anyway before Beta 4, so it's not a big thing. I'll be rerolling regardless on the NA RP server no matter what.

Really like that the game is light on breadcrumb-hub quest design and for jobs beyond your first one you'll have to oldschool it up with parties, dungeon runs and guildleves. The constant "hallway" of quest grinding in modern MMOs really numbs the mind. It's refreshing to actually have to look around and explore to find quests instead of just having them shoved down your throat.

I've been playing thaumaturge (which, incidentally, is what I played in 1.0) and the changes make the class feel really dynamic and quite a lot of fun. It's not the round-robin elemental spells then wait for cooldowns to refresh that it was before. Hard to really tell though at this point, and since I have yet to make the trip to Gridania and unlock conjurer I'm still missing out on some useful spells.

Not going to really stress it much since the data's going to be wiped... and surprisingly I haven't found more than one bug to complain about (which, of course, tons of other people also complained about). This kinda bothers me since I really like to put in good bug reports during beta, but things are just so polished, it doesn't even feel like a beta.
Old 2013-06-15, 05:13   Link #569
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Anyway, I've tried playing at JP server. Color me surprised. This is the first time I see players queueing for a quest, and the line is super long lol. Usually people just went "the faster to click get it" mode lol.
They're lining? what? I seem to remember a screenshot of something like that in another game lol.

I played in Diabolo(?) server..luckily I managed to see that I almost chose JP server when I created a character.

Oh also I finally found some monsters who attack on sight. Seriously though, I hope they'll differentiate them with colors whether the monster is aggressive or not for the next phase

Old 2013-06-15, 11:35   Link #570
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Put the feedback in beta forum. Yoshida-P seems to listen a lot of the feedbacks, although there's some aspect of the game that he wouldn't budge such as elemental weakness(although I can see his point on refusing to use elemental weakness).
Old 2013-06-15, 11:40   Link #571
Iron Maw
Banned

Damn Puglist is really awesome once hits Lv 6, dem stances

Game's a blast!
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 11:56   Link #572
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Put the feedback in beta forum. Yoshida-P seems to listen a lot of the feedbacks, although there's some aspect of the game that he wouldn't budge such as elemental weakness(although I can see his point on refusing to use elemental weakness).
What's his reason?

Old 2013-06-15, 16:16   Link #573
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

People were lining up like that for a specific quest because it was erroring out if too many people tried to activate it at the same time.

Looks to be fixed now. The lines are gone, and I was able to advance my questline.

Last edited by synaesthetic; 2013-06-15 at 17:05.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 17:43   Link #574
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Can we hit lvl 30 and change jobs in phase 3 now or is it gonna be on the 4th phase?

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 18:21   Link #575
Crimrui
Hollow

I can't believe I was stuck on that gladiator quest where I had to say ''face /me!'' to those bunch of punks outside of Quicksand. But yeah, I'm taking it slow. Really enjoying myself. ^^

I haven't experienced any bugs, aside from people sliding from time to time. I just wish there were more clothing or at least give option to put a custom color.
Old 2013-06-15, 22:11   Link #576
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
What's his reason?
He doesn't want some class to be excluded from certain content just because their element affinities doesn't match with the enemy. For example, the Ifrit primal battle, it's clear that Ifrit is a fire based monster. Now let's say that most pugilist skill is fire-based, most people will most likely not willing to invite a pugilist in a battle against Ifrit and more prone to invite jobs with ice affinities against that dungeon. Yoshida-P want to avoid these kind of scenarios so every job has an equal chance of getting invited to any kind of contents.
Old 2013-06-15, 22:44   Link #577
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
Can we hit lvl 30 and change jobs in phase 3 now or is it gonna be on the 4th phase?
You can change jobs after finishing your first guild questline. I've already picked up Conjurer with Thaumaturge at level 12.
Old 2013-06-15, 22:57   Link #578
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Quote:
They're lining? what? I seem to remember a screenshot of something like that in another game lol.
Quest chain to get your companion. I waited for an hour or so, it was a long wait.
Ronfaure arena battle!

Batallia Downs (i think)
Old 2013-06-16, 01:19   Link #579
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

The more I play this the more I want launch--or at least hope that they preserve Beta 4 data (signs point toward yes since Beta 4 is open beta and will also enable 1.0 characters).

Gah, this game is awesome.
Old 2013-06-16, 03:03   Link #580
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

People said that the game only work during the weekend? Is that true?

Tags
mmorpg