AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-10, 17:24   Link #1701
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
^ might I add she's a sexual deviant as well.
Old 2010-12-10, 19:37   Link #1702
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Her ex. I don't think she'd go all cougar on Haru if she already had a boyfriend.
Cougar, haha. Speaking of, how old is she anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
^ might I add she's a sexual deviant as well.
How is she a deviant? Please define and then elaborate.
Old 2010-12-10, 20:29   Link #1703
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
^ I meant she's a freaky girl. (ie, recalling the time she acted like a dog: way beyond the point of flirting. She obviously wanted to get with him)

a.k.a.: DTF (down to _ _ _ _)
Old 2010-12-11, 18:14   Link #1704
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Spoiler for My thoughts of Sora's arc, so far...:
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 21:13   Link #1705
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

I'm actually thinking what would happen if Sora got pregnant of Haru's baby. Wouldn't it be weird if the baby is the same face as the "twins"? Maybe a high chance of birth defect too.
Old 2010-12-11, 21:28   Link #1706
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
i totally agree with you specially with the psych problems that they currently face

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
I'm actually thinking what would happen if Sora got pregnant of Haru's baby. Wouldn't it be weird if the baby is the same face as the "twins"? Maybe a high chance of birth defect too.
Chances are that will be happen, if the same genetic traits were transfer to any baby from siblings (opposite sex) or twins (fraternal), its a high chance...

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 23:03   Link #1707
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa Maneira View Post
i totally agree with you specially with the psych problems that they currently face
You both seem to forget however, that Haru has also been harboring similar if not identically the same kind of feelings about Sora this entire time. The difference between the two is that Haru has been escaping from those feelings by getting closer to/hooking up with the other girls, while Sora obviously has a one track mind and is Haru or death.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa Maneira View Post
Chances are that will be happen, if the same genetic traits were transfer to any baby from siblings (opposite sex) or twins (fraternal), its a high chance...
This would only be true if there were recessive genetic defects that their family has. Sora had medical issues growing up, the question there is, were those issues genetic, or did she just get unlucky and suffer from some bad diseases/random bad chance. If they were genetic then they would be somewhat more likely to end up with a child prone to illness much like Sora was, if not worse. If Sora's illness was not genetically related and there are no other illnesses passed down through their family, their child would be no more likely to have any issues than a child born of two completely unrelated individuals.
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 01:40   Link #1708
Seitsuki
Onee!

The way I see it, since the only person who seems affected is Sora, then the probability that she was afflicted with some recessive disorder from either parents side is rather even- since the only other child is Haru, the frequency of said possible allele cannot be determined. As it stands however, even if the problem was genetic and Haru was heterozygous then it would be 50-50 at worst. Most inbreeding problems (such as in Egypt etc) don't show up unless there are successive occurrences anyway. So hopefully the issue won't be a problem. (wait why are we talking about kids.. o_o )
Old 2010-12-12, 01:59   Link #1709
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
(wait why are we talking about kids.. o_o )
Well, yeah, as I said last time came up, I really don't think either Sora or Haruka are planning on having kids any time soon. I mean, they're in High School. It's a topic that comes up whenever this sort of issue is raised in fiction because society has conditioned everyone to think that any and all inbreeding causes an extreme and immediate likelihood of birth defects; this is a sort of scare tactic that few ever question, but not without decent reason (it's good for there to be an aversion to this in general terms, and it's true that long-term genetic disintegration is bad). But yeah, in terms of this story, it's really a non-issue.
Old 2010-12-12, 03:03   Link #1710
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, yeah, as I said last time came up, I really don't think either Sora or Haruka are planning on having kids any time soon. I mean, they're in High School. It's a topic that comes up whenever this sort of issue is raised in fiction because society has conditioned everyone to think that any and all inbreeding causes an extreme and immediate likelihood of birth defects; this is a sort of scare tactic that few ever question, but not without decent reason (it's good for there to be an aversion to this in general terms, and it's true that long-term genetic disintegration is bad). But yeah, in terms of this story, it's really a non-issue.
Few points you miss, among them for one pregnancy when having sex can happen without protection which looks to be the case with Haru doing sex with most girls and 2. it's been proven long ago that incest creates genetic defects in general.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 03:06   Link #1711
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Incest DOES NOT cause genetic defects. Incest only concentrates a limited gene pool and increases the probability of the genotype being passed on and the phenotype being expressed. You already had the defect, you're only passing it on, and you did not develop Trisomy 21 because your father and his sister got it on.

My god people please read upon your Mendelian laws of genetic inheritance.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 04:09   Link #1712
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Incest DOES NOT cause genetic defects. Incest only concentrates a limited gene pool and increases the probability of the genotype being passed on and the phenotype being expressed. You already had the defect, you're only passing it on, and you did not develop Trisomy 21 because your father and his sister got it on.
I did and it does not compute with what you said. Limited gene pool is a old thing, with the genome project it has been proven mutation happens in almost all cases to a certain degree if the genes are of the same type such with those of the siblings. Now this is getting off topic but there is absolutely no worth with Sora and Haru genes so sparing us things, let's keep it at love only with no family.

I guess that's the point of this show anyways.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 08:09   Link #1713
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
I did and it does not compute with what you said. Limited gene pool is a old thing, with the genome project it has been proven mutation happens in almost all cases to a certain degree if the genes are of the same type such with those of the siblings. Now this is getting off topic but there is absolutely no worth with Sora and Haru genes so sparing us things, let's keep it at love only with no family.

I guess that's the point of this show anyways.
Proven by who? When? Where did you read about this? Are you sure you read about it? Are you sure it wasn't.... nothing? Probably the same source that tells you AIDS only affects homosexuals.

With that said, I don't know if this is CG from the game or a really good fan art but I hope this kind of situation arises in tomorrow's ep.

Last edited by Kagatob; 2010-12-12 at 20:03.
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 09:57   Link #1714
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob View Post
With that said, please oh please tell me we get to see a situation like this animated tomorrow.
Spoiler:
Link is broken.
Old 2010-12-12, 12:15   Link #1715
Slayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yes, he hotlinked it. It looks like a CG from the visual novel so... [mod: removed quoted spoiler]
You guys should take that off soon because that's a spoiler for people who haven't watched/played the anime/eroge yet... you don't want to get banned do you? >_>

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-12-12 at 15:42. Reason: Don't go quoting the spoiler! ^^;;;
Slayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 13:04   Link #1716
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

And then I just remembered Aki Sora. Is the name "Sora" related always to Incest?
Old 2010-12-12, 13:51   Link #1717
kramerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post

To clarify, genes that are recessive have a higher chance of being expressed...that's a good reason incest is looked down upon, along with the stigma of it already as is.

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 15:16   Link #1718
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
That point about the genome project is interesting. Do you have a link?

My sense of the general scientific opinion is that incest does increase the possibility of inheriting bad genes that are held by both parents, but it also passes on their shared good traits, too. In stockbreeding, breeding of close relatives is apparently used to keep good traits, such as high milk-production.

Here is a link about the benefits of cousin marriage to one ethnic group (as well as the problems).

My sense also is that although incest makes inheritance of bad genes a bit more likely in the first generation, it doesn't cause a high percentage of problems until a second generation of inbreeding.

The inbreeding of Egyptian pharaohs (who often married their sisters) seems to have caused some problems but to have been manageable overall. Even after hundreds of years of it, the Ptolemaic Dynasty produced the brilliant Cleopatra.

Not that I'm recommending it, since there definitely are problems in the long run. And power relations in families make it a bad idea, too. But the situation in this anime does not seem one in which one sibling might end up forcing the other. If they do get together, it will be because they realize that they both feel the same way.

The ooga-booga taboo and the knee-jerk way it makes some people (not here) respond, seems silly to me. A hangover from the neolithic. I agree that genetic variety is good, however, which is why I think all marriages should be inter-racial, lol.

And of course, this anime is fiction, and we are allowed to enjoy things that we wouldn't do in real life. This is not an educational show. It is entertainment. And I for one am very entertained.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-12-12 at 18:27.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 17:19   Link #1719
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Immediately after I picked this up, I felt it would be a very stoic and grey anime, if not dark. My feelings turned to be true.

I dig the omnibus format, though it does require me to check back here every episode, just to make sure I'm going the right way. The characters seem colorful to a degree, but that may be furthered upon after I watch a different route.

I really was not expecting this to be as... Provacative as initially thought, but oh well.
Old 2010-12-12, 23:01   Link #1720
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica View Post
To clarify, genes that are recessive have a higher chance of being expressed...that's a good reason incest is looked down upon, along with the stigma of it already as is.
This is only a problem if those genes were in the family in the first place. The idea is something like if in a population of 1 million there was a harmful recessive gene potentially carried by members of 10 families, should you belong to one of those families your chance of getting together with another affected person is much less if you go outside your family when searching for a partner than should you remain in it- only affecting you if you're one of those few. Also as far as I know, the rate of mutations of any sort are unaffected by whether or not the genes came from the same lineage- they result from changes in the base sequence which is a step below that of the genes themselves.

Since Haru and Sora are only fraternal twins, their genotype should be sufficiently different that any potential genetic disorders have only a low chance of being expressed. The stuff most people seems to be worried about, such as inbreeding depression and harmful alleles only become a significant problem across successive generations. Which even I must say is very unlikely to happen. (hypothetically speaking if they have kids in the first place, and even then I'm sure they'll have genetic screening/traces w/e first and this is getting complicated let's stop discussing the whole children thing PLEASE)

I have to admit though, all this unprotected sex probably isn't very good for them either way. Oh well, youth.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation