Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-26, 20:46   Link #1901
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Bold claim. Why won't we ever get a sequel?
No material. The series adaptation ends at book 9. The latest one is book ten. It'll be years before enough material is written, and who knows if there's still interest by then?
Old 2014-03-26, 20:50   Link #1902
Jerseykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Was anyone else hoping he'd murder that Takiko bitch?
I was hoping for something instead of just standing in front what were suppose to be the bad guys and nothing happening
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 20:57   Link #1903
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well at less baka-tora looked cool at the end but all the need was horses at the end just to making it look like a western

6/10 so many thing left open
Old 2014-03-26, 21:18   Link #1904
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
I was hoping for something instead of just standing in front what were suppose to be the bad guys and nothing happening
So Harutora should just attack without any sign of hostility from the other-side, and risk damaging Natsume's body? Sounds real smart.

Takiko didn't come there to fight either, just to meet with him.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 21:55   Link #1905
Quol
That Guy

That room was way too small for a full scale battle involving 6 highly skilled people. If a battle did erupt not only Natsume but also everyone in the building would probably get caught up in it which Takiko and Harutora both knew.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 22:11   Link #1906
Jerseykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
So Harutora should just attack without any sign of hostility from the other-side, and risk damaging Natsume's body? Sounds real smart.

Takiko didn't come there to fight either, just to meet with him.
Without any sign of hostility from the other side? Not like the rest of the anime happened
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 22:25   Link #1907
Iron Maw
Banned

Takiko herself has no ill-intent towards Harutora, do not mistake her for Genji. Fighting over Natsume's body isn't her best interest either. If she wanted to she would have ambushed Harutora as soon as he stepped in.
Old 2014-03-26, 22:29   Link #1908
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Takiko herself has no ill-intent towards Harutora, do not mistake her for Genji. Fighting over Natsume's body isn't her best interest either. If she wanted to she would have ambushed Harutora as soon as he stepped in.
She'd have to be pretty stupid to do that, since he'd tear her apart at this point.
Old 2014-03-27, 00:36   Link #1909
hsmsful1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
That is the same perspective I have. Harutora is just Yakou with his memories sealed, like an Yakou with amnesia, is just that now he remembers everything from his past as Yakou to his present as Harutora.
It is just that anime called Golden Time (although it is nice) gave me a totally wrong way to think about someone who had "amnesia". Since Harutora had amnesia, I didn't really think Harutora was Yakou and Yakou was Harutora. Especially because how they are talking about him make it seem that Yakou was so so great that I couldn't imagine Harutora to be like him but well that falshback of Yakou with Hashimaru made me realize everything I mean not only that the voice of Yakou was the same as that of Harutora but also what he did ...... Bakatora seemed to do it if only he was in his place XD

In the meantime, I am really reluctant concerning reading the light novel. I have to mention that I haven't really read a light novel before but that's not the problem. Is the light novel actually good and explain more than the anime? When is it released? And as I think I heard only one more volume has been released after what the anime finished and I don't really think we would have a second season before 2016 and guys 2 years is normal ... most of the second seasons this year have had their first seasons in 2011 range
hsmsful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 01:10   Link #1910
justsomeguy

What I liked:
* OP1 was very stylish, and ED1 was a very nice sentimental song.
* Adult characters are useful, and they all have distinct personalities, capabilities, and reasons! Since they're so well developed, none are really hateable nor even disagreeable for their motives, however underhanded and despicable their methods may be.
* The Tsuchimikado romance was sweet and comedic, even if Bakatora must be a total imbecile not to realize (and accept) the blatantly obvious truth about "Hokuto."
* Suzuka is great. Enough knowledge and skill to be an adult but too immature to be one; bold in combat, but shy and tsundere at friendship and romance.

What I don't like:
* OP2 had recycled visuals from OP1, which besides being cheap, is inappropriate because the styles of the songs are completely different.
* hated ED2, it just sounds off, like an OP trying to be an ED, and it can't compare to ED1.
* Poor Tenma. Ironically being useful only because he's so outshone by everybody else that nobody expects anything from him.
* I suppose Kyouko and Toji both needed a bit more to do.

Miscellaneous:
* Based on all the novel readers' complaints and explanations, it seems as if a lot of material was inevitably cut out to fit the length. However, I never had the feeling of things being missing while watching the show itself, which had a understandable and rational storyline. I suppose either the writers were very clever with their choices, or that the excised material was somehow extraneous to the overall plot.
* At the end, all of the antagonists and their factions/machinations are still alive (I don't think any character has died permanently!), most of the protagonists are likely on the Bureau's shitlist, and Harutora has disappeared into the sunset leaving all his human friends behind. An ending like this demands a sequel, even if several years and volumes later!

Score: 8.5/10, very good overall, my favorite of the two-cour shows from fall 2013. Pretty sad that the sales are so low, because I want to see the story to the end.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 04:05   Link #1911
Gundamx

Quote:
That shouldn't be difficult now that he has his knowledge and such back. Kagami was already just having trouble with Hishamaru alone, she wasn't really concentrating on him at the time.
That he was under seal so Kagami too was not using his full power
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 05:08   Link #1912
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
That he was under seal so Kagami too was not using his full power
I'm quite skeptical about that. Kagami seems to be very powerful already despite the seal, so he should even be much more powerful once his seal is released.

However, Genji sent him to fight against Otomo despite the seal. I think Kagami might be as powerful as Miyachi, spiritual power wise. Although he might not be as cunning and creative as Otomo or Amami.

In their confrontation, Kagami sent Shaver to kill Harutora beforehand. Hishamaru probably didn't have any time to give a second look at Kagami considering that her master was about to be killed. It wasn't even a proper fight. Things that take minutes in animation might take just a few seconds in real time so saying that Kagami fought Hishamaru properly shouldn't be true.

BTW, it seems like Otomo said to Suzuka that she was still in the forced unsealed state, in episode 19 after Harutora's spiritual power went out of control during Natusme and Takiko's magical duel. But seeing Suzuka to be quite useless against Shaver, I kind of wonder how powerful she really can be.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 07:49   Link #1913
hsmsful1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I'm quite skeptical about that. Kagami seems to be very powerful already despite the seal, so he should even be much more powerful once his seal is released.

However, Genji sent him to fight against Otomo despite the seal. I think Kagami might be as powerful as Miyachi, spiritual power wise. Although he might not be as cunning and creative as Otomo or Amami.

In their confrontation, Kagami sent Shaver to kill Harutora beforehand. Hishamaru probably didn't have any time to give a second look at Kagami considering that her master was about to be killed. It wasn't even a proper fight. Things that take minutes in animation might take just a few seconds in real time so saying that Kagami fought Hishamaru properly shouldn't be true.

BTW, it seems like Otomo said to Suzuka that she was still in the forced unsealed state, in episode 19 after Harutora's spiritual power went out of control during Natusme and Takiko's magical duel. But seeing Suzuka to be quite useless against Shaver, I kind of wonder how powerful she really can be.
I don't know why but I am starting to wonder if Suzuka actually is one of the 12 divine generals.
As for Kagami, he just went away because the one-handed ogre came and Yakou awakened. He wanted to organize his thoughts first plus it was three powerful individuals against him , the awakened Yakou is enough to take on Kagami but we have Hisahamaru and that one-handed ogre which makes him clearly at a disadvantage. However I think that if he and his familiar fought Hishamaru alone, they can emerge victorious!
hsmsful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 08:11   Link #1914
Red Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post

It was stated in the LN that Suzuka, despite being a Divine General, is more of a researcher type rather than combat type. So even in the unsealed state, when compare with other combat type divine generals, she's a league below, but ofc, she's still way stronger than any normal onmyouji.
Red Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 11:51   Link #1915
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

" I will be waiting even how many years will pass....FOR THE SECOND SEASON! "
Old 2014-03-27, 12:12   Link #1916
Quol
That Guy

Suzuka is the weakest Divine general however even the weakest divine general is still leagues better than any second class onmyouji.

Personally i think an unsealed Kagami would probably be stronger than Hishamaru in terms of spiritual power although Hishamaru has much more experience and is more clever. Kinda like how sealed Harutora had more spiritual energy while Natsume was more experienced.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 13:10   Link #1917
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Cheese View Post
It was stated in the LN that Suzuka, despite being a Divine General, is more of a researcher type rather than combat type. So even in the unsealed state, when compare with other combat type divine generals, she's a league below, but ofc, she's still way stronger than any normal onmyouji.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
Suzuka is the weakest Divine general however even the weakest divine general is still leagues better than any second class onmyouji.
Right, however there are exceptions such as Yakou and D who are individuals not DG by name, but possess equal or higher strength to them. There also special cases such where some shamans become DGs despite their relatively weak combat skills. Mainly because they have particularity very strong innate ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilch_Saber View Post
" I will be waiting even how many years will pass....FOR THE SECOND SEASON! "
About that... apparently vol 10's ebook sales have surged after the anime ended according to someone from /a/. This bides pretty well for vol 11 and the future of a 2nd season depending on how that book does next month.

Here is the link to the news post, in moonrunes of course;
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-22821.html

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-03-27 at 14:22.
Old 2014-03-27, 13:36   Link #1918
TrueDevil
Not from this world

All in all, a good final episode for a good anime.
The fights although very short were really good and Tora looks damn cool in the end with the badass coat and covered eye.
Kon was also damn cool though her awakening seemed forced.
Oh and Ohtomo so badass he can even drive with a fake leg.
I give this anime a 8/10 cuz the start was kinda boring and Tenma was like just furniture.
*crossing fingers for S2*
TrueDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 13:54   Link #1919
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Right, however there are exceptions such as Yakou and D who are individuals not DG's by name, but possess equal or higher strength to them. There also special cases such where some become DGs despite their relatively weak combat skills. Mainly because they have particularity very strong innate ability.

About that... apparently vol 10's ebook sales have surged after the anime ended according to someone from /a/. This bides pretty well for vol 11 and the future of a 2nd season depending on how that book does next month.

Here is the link to the news post, in moonrunes of course;
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-22821.html
Well, yeah After that kind of ending, people would be rushing to find the continuation.
Old 2014-03-27, 14:06   Link #1920
Iron Maw
Banned

True, but I'm just happy to see the adaptation had some effect here.

Tags
action, comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen, supernatural anime