AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-09, 16:48   Link #121
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't really notice anyone looking like a Bleach captain. Look at the character page posted above, it should help.
It is mostly because of the scarf that makes him slightly similar to Byakuya.
Old 2010-04-09, 16:51   Link #122
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Now I'm confused. I thought it was Hijikata from the start, just by the face, then got distracted by the fact that Saitou had done the deeds...and forgot that Hijikata came by afterward to organize things. That's Hijikata in the moonlight snowflakes picture, as the people with eyes are telling me.Isn't that the same in games for guys, with the guy not voiced?

Episode 2 airs Saturday night, Japan time (afternoon in Europe, morning in NAmerica).
The ones I have played have the guys voiced, always. But I guess those are PC VN's and not DS -- but I didn't think there was a difference? IDK, have never played an otome on DS, but really would like to play this one, but only if everyone is voiced, LOL.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 17:46   Link #123
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalia View Post
Hahahaha OKAY I think that all the bishonen got us there... Yeah, Saito was the one that did the killing with Seiji and then Hijikata showed up and told them to clear the mess... Oh well, everyone is charming, what can I say?
Seiji? Oh, you mean Okita Souji...you got me confused there. Okay, if people start switching to last names and so on...I'll be lost once again. I hardly remember all their first names, and now last names too? *keels over*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalia View Post
Yeah I remember their names too...Maybe this series will go well this season, otherwise I wouldn't recall a thing...hehehe
Not that the hot bishies factor constantly sticking in my head doesn't help boost the memory process...

Edit: I think this is the first series where I want to remember all their names and not just a select few.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 22:02   Link #124
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
The ones I have played have the guys voiced, always. But I guess those are PC VN's and not DS -- but I didn't think there was a difference? IDK, have never played an otome on DS, but really would like to play this one, but only if everyone is voiced, LOL.
Rarely the main female in otome games got voiced. (Except for R-18 ones. LOLWUT logic is LOLWUT.) Same with this one-the female lead is not voiced in any ports available. But aside from that, I think it's full-voiced with the exception of monologue. My memory phails me ;A; EDIT: OKAY IF IT'S NDS I DON'T KNOW LOL. I ONLY PLAYED UP TILL PSP VERSION 8|a But 400-ish MB does give the instance that there is a lot of voiceworks there so.

And I don't know, but I always played both PC and PSP version of NL VN, and so far only PSP VNs that has the higher chance (which is 1% at best) of having the main male lead voiced (or the player's avatar if I have to say). Most, and by most I mean nearly all, bishoujo games/galge never got their main male voiced.

And I guess I must admit that other than the 5 main guys, I also have trouble remembering the names. I just remembered who Sannan is after reading the thread :F

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2010-04-09 at 22:14.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 10:09   Link #125
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've at least got all the main characters' pics and seiyuus' names there, so maybe it can be of use in identifying the various characters.
Thanks! It definitely is. So it looks like Hajime Saitou is left-handed. What a rebel.
Old 2010-04-10, 10:17   Link #126
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I got all pumped up with the first scene... but then the rest of the show was all talking. Man, I was so bored; it's gonna be a struggle to keep watching this show for my mandatory 3 episode grace period.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 11:02   Link #127
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 1

I was hoping for more action in episode 1 but it mainly dialog. I was not bored but i was hoping for more. I didnt really have any issues with the animation but for some reason Hajikata VA irritated me im not sure why there was just something about his voice i didnt like. I guess there are going to try to introduce some type of romance into this series from the looks of the OP. I hope it does not interfere with the meat of the story. That being said it was decent start and i will watch anything involving the Shinsengumi.
Old 2010-04-10, 11:56   Link #128
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
So it looks like Hajime Saitou is left-handed. What a rebel.
Really?! I didn't notice...with this Saito is now rivalling Hijikata in my books!!!

From the look in the OP, I'm sure the actions are coming. They just have too many Shinsengumi characters to introduce all at once in the first episode, and I guess a good way of doing that is through monologue? Besides, we haven't seen any of the main antagonists yet.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-04-10, 16:54   Link #129
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I got all pumped up with the first scene... but then the rest of the show was all talking. Man, I was so bored; it's gonna be a struggle to keep watching this show for my mandatory 3 episode grace period.
I don't know much about the source material, though going by the OP we should see some action in the next few episodes or so. Hopefully in time before you drop the show.
Old 2010-04-10, 18:01   Link #130
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Old 2010-04-10, 20:13   Link #131
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

^^Nice pics! XD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevvers View Post
I'm hoping this goes more along the Saiunkoku harem route instead of that godawful angelique/la corda series with a real interesting female lead for a change. Ironically here Chizuru looks and sounds a lot like Shuurei. I hope that bodes well for the series.
I'm crossing my fingers on this one too. She had a sword, but she was afraid to use it. She hid instead of fighting. Not a good sign. But I hope she learns to wield the sword soon, or at least, not be completely helpless like the ridiculous females you mentioned. I'll throw in that useless girl from Haruka Hachuyoushou too as a female lead to not follow. That show would have been brilliant if she wasn't a complete waste of space. Well, at least in this one, she set out to find her dad -- that shows some self-initiation lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Rarely the main female in otome games got voiced. (Except for R-18 ones. LOLWUT logic is LOLWUT.)
Oh, haha, I guess that explains it. *shifty eyes* LOL. Although, I have played I think 2 G-rated ones and I remember the guys being voiced. I forget the names of those two games though.

Quote:
I didnt really have any issues with the animation but for some reason Hajikata VA irritated me im not sure why there was just something about his voice i didnt like.
Yeah, I think maybe he talks way too fast? My favorite voice right now is Okita Souji and Saitou.

And man, that dinner scene with the VN background music = not good, lol.
Old 2010-04-10, 21:22   Link #132
Fevvers
a regular van veen

@MikaMiaka

Well, I'm not really expecting her to be good in the use of the sword (not to say that's impossible seeing as we haven't gotten a lot out of her past lifestyle yet), and I don't want her to be an expert on that without tons (years actually if we're going the realistic route which I highly doubt the series is going to employ) of practice. I just want someone who has an ambition and mind of her own, and not blinded by the good-looking guys by her side (ala Shuurei as I mentioned).

As for Chizuru, I like that she seems really suspicious (and fearful, for good reasons!) of the guys. Here's to hoping they'll give her (and the rest of the guys who are not without their own stock characterization as well) more personality compared to past reverse harem leads.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 21:46   Link #133
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Ah, I see. Then, I think in that regard, you could be optimistic since she did set out on her own to find her father. I don't see the other girls we mentioned doing the same. They just stand around and think about their feelings. And, I like that she's a little lost. That was my one big quip with Kajika from Hanasakeru Seishounen -- she was so put together that any anxiety we would have encountered with her fell by the way side because we knew she would be able to handle it. This leaves the character no room to grow, and takes the tension away from the storyline. But Chi seems to have a good balance so far.

But I do hope that she gets better with her sword. They made a big deal of giving it back to her.

I wish I could see a reverse harem show with a truly strong fighting female lead, a girl that could fight with her own abilities, but to date, I have not seen one nor could I think of one.
Old 2010-04-10, 22:02   Link #134
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Definitely agree about Kajika. She's strong-willed, yeah, but I could not feel a thing for her. While stubborn and childish, it never seemed like she had any real internal conflicts (probably aside from the romance parts) which made the scenes focused on her terribly dull and monotonous.

As for the lack of a strong fighting female lead in a reverse harem, well, perhaps we might just be expecting a bit too much from a genre meant mostly to pander? Sad thought, but well...
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 22:33   Link #135
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Very true, lack of internal conflicts is the perfect way to describe it. It's hard to sustain an interesting character who has none.

And yeah, it is perhaps hoping for too much -- but why must this be so? We get Teito from 07-Ghost and he has powers and can fight, and that was almost like a reverse harem, lol.

I want a show a female lead like Yoko from 12 Kingdoms in a reverse harem. I wonder why no one has ever created something like that? Do they not think that females would want to see something like that?

I do hope Chizuru can somehow alleviate this void, though I am not holding my breath, lol.
Old 2010-04-10, 22:38   Link #136
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, gatotsu is a left handed technique..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 22:48   Link #137
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm going to go for the obvious and say it'll be Hijikata. He seems to be the main male lead.
I'm with you. I think he looks the best anyways.
Old 2010-04-10, 23:43   Link #138
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Looking at the pictures brings something to mind...shall we expect any possible deaths of one or more of the main Shinsengumi? Chizuru is found to cry in the ED...don't know but I think it may be a possibility.

EDIT: Looking through the OP, I just noticed Chizuru's shadow (at least I think it's hers)...there are horns?

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2010-04-11 at 00:20.
Old 2010-04-11, 02:54   Link #139
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
Ah, I see. Then, I think in that regard, you could be optimistic since she did set out on her own to find her father.... That was my one big quip with Kajika from Hanasakeru Seishounen -- she was so put together that any anxiety we would have encountered with her fell by the way side because we knew she would be able to handle it. This leaves the character no room to grow, and takes the tension away from the storyline. But Chi seems to have a good balance so far. But I do hope that she gets better with her sword. They made a big deal of giving it back to her....
Since Kajika is one of my favorite characters ever, I feel I have to say something. But I do see what you mean. What I actually really loved was the purity of that complete inner confidence. Very like a leopard, lol.

Kajika's conflict was between the simplicity of her own character and the complexity of the outer world. And that did help her grow, it seemed to me. But that show was not aiming to produce tension, anyway, made for a younger audience as it was. I noticed in one episode where they could easily and logically have ended at a cliffhanger, but purposely resolved the tension before the episode ended. Personally, this doesn't bother me, but I get why it should.

I've just seen the raw of episode 2 of Hakuouki and am very happy with it.
Spoiler for ep2:
The possibility of seeing those around her die is clear from the ending of ep1, and the fact that we already feel something for them gives that possibility dramatic and emotional force, I think.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-04-11 at 14:47.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 03:35   Link #140
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Looking through the OP, I just noticed Chizuru's shadow (at least I think it's hers)...there are horns?
Yeah they're clearly horns we see on her head, and now i'm seriously worried. I don't want to see Chizuru go down that path.

Tags
edo setting, josei, otome, shinsengumi