AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-12, 23:26   Link #181
Demetrius
Brittle Bullet

I adore this series already. I'm a sucker for samurai anime as it is, but the cast is what really makes the series stand out to me. Okita is shaping up to be one of my favorite anime characters, I can't wait to see more of him.
Demetrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 00:08   Link #182
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
[center]
^^♥♥♥ hah.

Saw ep two, loved it, and like many of you, am loving Okita to death. His voice is def. my fav. Love the biting sarcasm. My fav. part was probably when he was like, "if you run away, we'll kill you." And what did she say? She blushes and says arigato gozaimasu. Hhahaha!!! So sweet and adorable that Chizuru. And I love that she is fearless when called upon! Now if only she can learn to fight -- it seems promising since even Saitou praised her technique.

I think that I'm giving up hope for any meaningful action -- though that opening sequence in Ep 1 was such a tease. Hope I'm wrong and we see some really awesome fighting in Ep. 3 -- it certainly was set up that way.

And after thinking about it, maybe the horns girl isn't her? IDK -- everyone looks alike, the only thing we can judge on is eye color, since clothes and hair can change -- that was why I thought it was her.

Went to the website and love the poster there -- def. a power up, as someone mentioned before.

Ep. 3 cannot come soon enough!
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 03:16   Link #183
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Christ how many Kuudere's does a group need? I hate to say it but the characters aren't really grabbing my attention that much, so I hope they're developed quickly or the plot starts to go at a faster rate (though it seems that's happening anyway) because otherwise I'm going to get bored . Decent episode though.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-04-13 at 04:58.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 11:03   Link #184
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
^^♥♥♥ hah.

Saw ep two, loved it, and like many of you, am loving Okita to death. His voice is def. my fav. Love the biting sarcasm. My fav. part was probably when he was like, "if you run away, we'll kill you." And what did she say? She blushes and says arigato gozaimasu. Hhahaha!!! So sweet and adorable that Chizuru.
Haha, that part made laugh too. That's the first time I see someone so happy to be told such a thing. So adorable. Even Sanna couldn't resist her cuteness.

The second episode was alright. Would have probably enjoyed it a bit more if I were into guys
Old 2010-04-13, 13:14   Link #185
gonzo562

man hope this doe not turn into

damsel in distress and weak heroine anime

hope she turns out to be semi strong

episode 2 was alright
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 18:43   Link #186
Boduar

Worst case scenario I don't think shes going to be useless.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 18:51   Link #187
kitten320

Finally saw the subs... series are getting better! Can't wait to see the next action filled episode
Old 2010-04-13, 19:44   Link #188
hoofy

I thought the part where Chizuru turned the sword -blade upwards with that serious face was quite funny (in a cute way) when I watched the epi without subs. Then my humour was all dispelled with the subs.

Spoiler for The historical Okita Souji:
hoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 20:13   Link #189
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

what group are we all watching? i'm still waiting for ksn. you guys going for Aoi?

ironic that Saito uses battoujitsu... haha.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2010-04-13 at 21:07.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 01:16   Link #190
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Sharing some love.

Spoiler for some nosebleed fun:

Spoiler for for Chizu fans:

Spoiler for ChizuxOkita:

Okay...I need to go clean my bleeding nose now.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 03:27   Link #191
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Spoiler for ChizuxOkita:
They really are my favorite pairing, and this images shows why i think just that. So adorable together.
Old 2010-04-14, 12:06   Link #192
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Sharing some love.

Spoiler for some nosebleed fun:

You need to give me blood now Im running low...
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 17:20   Link #193
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

@Bun: Seems like we need to hunt for more blood donors...

Okay I saw this image (and another) of Hijikata but, aside from his hotness, one thing really stands out...he's holding his sword in his left hand. Is this just picture fun or does this suggest that he may be ambidextrous? It'll be so awesome if he can wield his sword in either hand.

Spoiler for pic:

...and, dang it, it's so hard to find Hiji pics. Saito is totally dominating the modelling agency. And I have yet to see a Sannan illustration. Wait, was Sannan even in the original game? I can't remember seeing him before the anime.

EDIT: Soooo cuuutee!!! I WANT THESE!!!!

I just love Saito's "I don't care who you are; I'll just kill you" expression.

And in the second episode, leaving Sannan behind alone like that...gives me a very very bad feeling. D:

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2010-04-14 at 17:34.
Old 2010-04-14, 20:10   Link #194
andromeda0201

Wow that second pic of Chizuru struck me hard, heres hoping she ends up being a skillful swordsgirl!

@Presage, I actually went and read up about the Ikedaya incident after watching ep 2, and lets say... if they are following history then your feeling about Sannan is somewhat correct. I too, had a somewhat bad feeling especially when they portrayed him in the beginning with the eerie background music (although it seemed to be resolved somewhat later... though temporarily IMO)
If he wasn't in the original game, then the anime probably added him down just to make it more historically accurate, but I'm not sure how they intend to proceed.

I'm fine with them not making Okita historically accurate though
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 21:47   Link #195
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post

I'm fine with them not making Okita historically accurate though
I'll be very happy if Hiji is not historically accurate.

Okita got it good in real life. Why are you unhappy with his outcome? Nevermind, it was another one that got it good.
Old 2010-04-15, 10:07   Link #196
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

@MikaMiaka had cropped the image while posting earlier

Its good to see some action at least a teaser hopefully the next episode will have some sword fights . Also by the look of things Chiruzu wont be seeing much action . I am a bit disappointed with her character she is bit too enamored by Shinsengumi . Shall I say meek when challenged or somehow I had a mental picture of this somewhat like her .

Coming to seiyu there a few seiyu who send a shock wave down my spine in pure excitement . One of them is Nobuo Tobita . When I watched the first episode I was very suspicious of Sannan and the reason was Dr Jackal . After WMB mentioned GB my head went in that direction . And I was like Ooh Yes ... Gosh I wish Nobuo Tobita was cast as an antagonist his voice does more just to gray/negative characters . He probably has the most orgasmic voice after Kujira .

Quote:
...wait, is that lower left kissing picture of Heisuke and Saito kissing?
Shudo was as common of a norm as Bushido . Pederasty was a common practise in warrior cultures . There is even a a movie on Shudo featuring Shinsengumi . My memory fails on the name =/
Old 2010-04-16, 10:05   Link #197
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

After watching epi 2 subbed, Im also getting a bad feeling. My guess and hopefully Im wrong is whatever is effecting the Shinsengumi and turning them into Oni will happen to Sannan-san.

Also thanks to Gintama Ill never be able to look at Edo or the Shinsengumi the same since when Yamazaki shows up my first thought was, where's his PoT hat?
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2010-04-16 at 10:37.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 11:31   Link #198
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
After watching epi 2 subbed, Im also getting a bad feeling. My guess and hopefully Im wrong is whatever is effecting the Shinsengumi and turning them into Oni will happen to Sannan-san.
It sure seems that may happen, seeing how Sannan seems to carry his injured arm like a curse, or another possibility is he'll end up being killed. I wonder if this has anything to do with this medicine stuff they're talking about? Though they call it "medicine", they sure aren't referring to it as very friendly stuff - seems like something they'd take as a last resort.

And I'm still wondering about what Heisuke said, about another Shinsengumi group and that caused Sanosuke to punch him. So there's more than one Shinsengumi group running around?

gah! a new Saito pic but no Hijitaka...OTL

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-04-16, 12:47   Link #199
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Also thanks to Gintama Ill never be able to look at Edo or the Shinsengumi the same since when Yamazaki shows up my first thought was, where's his PoT hat?
Yeah i'm still waiting for him to appear with a tennis racket.
Old 2010-04-16, 14:00   Link #200
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:

Spoiler for for Chizu fans:

Spoiler for ChizuxOkita:

Im a huge Chizu fan she is just so adorable. That is great pic of her in traditional dress.

Quote:

This is my problem while watching i keep imagining the Shinsengumi of Gintama and laughing hysterically. Everytime i see Hijikata eat i keep waiting for him to take out the Mayo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
They really are my favorite pairing, and this images shows why i think just that. So adorable together.
Same here Shiroth i instantly fell in love with the two the first time i saw them in the same scene.

episode 2 was decent looks like ep 3 will be the first real fight scene we get and the aftermath. But for some reason im getting a really bad feeling about whats really going on in the series.

Tags
edo setting, josei, otome, shinsengumi