Notices

Old 2015-05-13, 20:39   Link #281
GDB

Spoiler for Finale as they relate to Flash:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 21:40   Link #282
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i wonder where they're going to go. (also, my ship sails!)

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 21:49   Link #283
Galaxian

Oliver is a horrible husband, he's already cheating on Nyssa less than 24 hours after they were married.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 22:21   Link #284
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's kind of funny. At the end of last season I would have been hyped knowing that season 3 would end with Oliver and Felicity together. But season 3 has tanked my opinion of Felicity's character so far into the ground that I can only shrug at it. I'm not sure if I just want to keep them together so we can have this teen drama done with or break them up because I just don't care about them.

Wrapped up well enough. Speedy takes the stage, the city is in decent shape now and the league has their leader if nothing else. Though it is really awkward to have made such a big deal about avenging Sarah and....no one actually trying to avenge Sarah. Oliver and Nyssa openly state their feelings on the matter, but decide not to bother doing anything.

Oh and apparently Ray is dead because his stuff blew up...minor things.

Season 3 has been interesting. My opinion of Laurel and Thea has risen tremendously since last season. My opinion of Felicity has dropped like a missile. And I shrug with Oliver since I'm not sure if I like him less after this season or not, but I'm sure that I don't like him any more than last season.

It's a ride if nothing else.
Old 2015-05-13, 23:19   Link #285
Wandering Soul

Barry's scene was great and his hot tub line was cool too. Though there does not seem to be any real reason he had to leave. Wells is locked up and doesn't seem to be going anywhere so unless he is on some sort of time limit I don't see why he can't stick around and help.

Other than that everything wrapped up. Ra died in a sorta lack luster fight, Thea is now officially Speedy, Malcolm now rules the league, and Ray died. So I guess this means Ray is now ready for whatever the crossover has planned for him. Oliver and Felicity also ride off into the sunset.

I am surprised that Oliver went that far tutoring the guy in the flashback though.

Season 3 was alright. It did have it's ups and downs. It did boost my opinion of Thea and Laurel while lowering my opinion of Felicity and Lance. Overall season 3 was quite the ride.
Old 2015-05-14, 00:15   Link #286
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Barry's scene was great and his hot tub line was cool too. Though there does not seem to be any real reason he had to leave. Wells is locked up and doesn't seem to be going anywhere so unless he is on some sort of time limit I don't see why he can't stick around and help.

Other than that everything wrapped up. Ra died in a sorta lack luster fight, Thea is now officially Speedy, Malcolm now rules the league, and Ray died. So I guess this means Ray is now ready for whatever the crossover has planned for him. Oliver and Felicity also ride off into the sunset.

I am surprised that Oliver went that far tutoring the guy in the flashback though.

Season 3 was alright. It did have it's ups and downs. It did boost my opinion of Thea and Laurel while lowering my opinion of Felicity and Lance. Overall season 3 was quite the ride.
I'm actually ok with Barry not sticking around. I mean the current threat was in a plane, Barry can't really help there. While at home he has the Reverse Flash to deal with. Yeah, he's contained but this is the Reverse-Flash, the guy who every step of the way has been 10 moves ahead of him. They also have the accelerator charged and who knows what might be set up there. And he also has an army of super villains on the loose. He really doesn't have time to solve Oliver's crisis.

The last boss fight was kind of weak. It wasn't as interesting as the last one. Oliver just won...because of the power of love or whatever.
Old 2015-05-14, 03:08   Link #287
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So, how the heck does Oliver end up putting the suit back on after this? His reputation is ruined, he's on a trip with Felicity, and his friends pretty much have the city handled. (though the only real hurdle there is the Arrow's reputation)

I expected past Oliver to be tranqed and left back on Lian Yu after his Shanghai stint was over, so I guess the boat he's getting on gets him stranded somewhere again? Otherwise he would have contacted his family.

Obviously Ray doesn't die, but it looks like this is how he gets his miniturization powers. (it's pretty much the staple of superhero origins that an accident while experimenting with technology gives person the powers of that technology)

So what was the point of having Ray give up the company to Felicity if the writers were going to have Felicity go off with Oliver while Ray kept the company?

Sounds like Diggle might be making his own superhero persona next season, if Oliver's advice was any hint. Guess we'll see if he really is the basis for a comic superhero.

Speaking of Diggle, it's nice to see him getting over Oliver's secret-keeping. (for the most part) It really would have been sad and disappointing to see him let that ruin the good thing they had going. And even Lance starts making his way back to his better self.

But how the heck did the chief of police know anything aout what was going on, let alone know to send sniper teams to take out "the men responsible" for the bio-attack at the dam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm actually ok with Barry not sticking around. I mean the current threat was in a plane, Barry can't really help there. While at home he has the Reverse Flash to deal with. Yeah, he's contained but this is the Reverse-Flash, the guy who every step of the way has been 10 moves ahead of him. They also have the accelerator charged and who knows what might be set up there. And he also has an army of super villains on the loose. He really doesn't have time to solve Oliver's crisis.
Th thing is that none of those are imminent super-disasters with thousands of lives on the immediate line. If Wells was going to try and break out (at least before he's had his talk with Barry) he'd have already done so, and the metahumans aren't exactly people who'd plan a mass-death event. Ra's being on a plane doesn't mean anything; none of them, and certainly not Barry, would simply give up because of that. I'd have to say I'm on the "that was awful" side for this.

Quote:
The last boss fight was kind of weak. It wasn't as interesting as the last one. Oliver just won...because of the power of love or whatever.
I really don't mind this level of "the power of love" at all. It's not even like Oliver curbstomped Ra's; he struggled a fair bit before he won by catching Ra's off-guard with a move Ra's didn't expect.
And as far as "power of love" wins go, this is nothing; I've seen far, far, far cornier. How far cornier?

*hero is one-sidedly losing to villan*
*heroine appears and gives hero big smile*
*hero immediately turns around and one-shot-punches villain in the face*

I'm not even half joking. So *shrug*.
Old 2015-05-14, 04:35   Link #288
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Um, tutoring?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So, how the heck does Oliver end up putting the suit back on after this?
After some time has passed and Starling City has gotten used to other masked people, he'll return as the Green Arrow and people will think it's a new guy and he won't have the baggage of the Arrow.
Quote:
I expected past Oliver to be tranqed and left back on Lian Yu after his Shanghai stint was over, so I guess the boat he's getting on gets him stranded somewhere again? Otherwise he would have contacted his family.
Didn't you hear what Oliver said? He wanted to be alone after having tortured a person and he was not ready to meet his family yet. He probably went to the island on his own.
Quote:
Obviously Ray doesn't die
Yeah, I think so too.
Quote:
So what was the point of having Ray give up the company to Felicity if the writers were going to have Felicity go off with Oliver while Ray kept the company?
I'm thinking it sets up for Oliver Queen to reclaim his company in the future through Felicity once Ray reveals the new ownership, if that is indeed what happened. In the meantime, Ray can still make use of the company if he survived.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 06:22   Link #289
GDB

Quote:
Oh and apparently Ray is dead because his stuff blew up...minor things.
Pretty sure that was supposed to be comedy, not drama. Especially since he's one of the main characters in the spin-off.

Quote:
So, how the heck does Oliver end up putting the suit back on after this? His reputation is ruined, he's on a trip with Felicity, and his friends pretty much have the city handled. (though the only real hurdle there is the Arrow's reputation)
Green Arrow, per the Flash's future newspaper. Likely a brighter suit and feigning ignorance about "The Arrow".
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 08:48   Link #290
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Th thing is that none of those are imminent super-disasters with thousands of lives on the immediate line. If Wells was going to try and break out (at least before he's had his talk with Barry) he'd have already done so, and the metahumans aren't exactly people who'd plan a mass-death event. Ra's being on a plane doesn't mean anything; none of them, and certainly not Barry, would simply give up because of that. I'd have to say I'm on the "that was awful" side for this.
I'm going to go with....yeah it actually a pretty important event and disaster on Barry's side. The last time the particle accelerator went off, a few minor things happened. The Reverse Flash might wait to chat with Barry before making his move or he might say "hey, Flash is several minutes away from the city. I'm going to get things started while he can't do anything about it."

And being in a plane is kind of a super big deal. The Flash can't fly. The only thing he could do is cart the crew back to the city, sit down with them and drink some coffee. All while he has other things to worry about. If Oliver had asked more from him then yeah he probably pushes it a bit further, but this was the extent of the help requested. He has faith in Oliver still and his friends to handle their own problems. They didn't even really need him at all. The moment they got back they had a plan of action and executed it without much trouble.

Why one superhero doesn't just solve the issue for another is always going to be an issue in an interconnected universe. But if we don't let things stretch a bit we'll have nothing but teamup shows and Justice League/Avengers movies. While those are nice individual stories are good as well. This was about as least questionable as we're going to get.
Old 2015-05-14, 10:40   Link #291
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Pretty sure that was supposed to be comedy, not drama. Especially since he's one of the main characters in the spin-off.
Its timing suggests "the birth of superpowers" drama. And if that was supposed to be comedy, it was poor comedy. This isn't the Home Alone series where you can get your head lit on fire and then blown up and not be seriously hurt. When a whole floor of a building blows up.........not very funny.

Quote:
Green Arrow, per the Flash's future newspaper. Likely a brighter suit and feigning ignorance about "The Arrow".
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
After some time has passed and Starling City has gotten used to other masked people, he'll return as the Green Arrow and people will think it's a new guy and he won't have the baggage of the Arrow.
.......you guys aren't being serious, right? Who's going to buy that they're totally unconnected? At least Thea's outfit is red which will show the difference, but the Arrow was already known for having a green costume.
Honestly if this does happen and everyone in Starling actually buys that they're different people.......I'd have to call bad/lazy writing.

Quote:
Didn't you hear what Oliver said? He wanted to be alone after having tortured a person and he was not ready to meet his family yet. He probably went to the island on his own.
I heard, but I seriously doubt he'd strand himself there, and why Lian Yu? There are plenty of more calm and peaceful places he could go for alone time than the place where lots of bad stuff happened, places that he could leave more easily. It's not like after the Undertaking where he left himself there after he failed to stop Merlyn; the series starts off with Oliver himself saying he's dreamed of getting home for the whole five years. It's just that he's not ready to go back home yet, but that's a far cry from wanting to strand himself on Lian Yu again.

Quote:
I'm going to go with....yeah it actually a pretty important event and disaster on Barry's side. The last time the particle accelerator went off, a few minor things happened. The Reverse Flash might wait to chat with Barry before making his move or he might say "hey, Flash is several minutes away from the city. I'm going to get things started while he can't do anything about it."
How would Wells even know where Barry is? We see in the Flash season finale preview that Wells is locked up in the pipeline, so he wouldn't know where Barry is. And like GDB, the one above all, and I said, Wells had already been locked up for a while; if he was going anywhere, he would've gone already.

Quote:
And being in a plane is kind of a super big deal. The Flash can't fly. The only thing he could do is cart the crew back to the city, sit down with them and drink some coffee. All while he has other things to worry about. If Oliver had asked more from him then yeah he probably pushes it a bit further, but this was the extent of the help requested. He has faith in Oliver still and his friends to handle their own problems. They didn't even really need him at all. The moment they got back they had a plan of action and executed it without much trouble
I seriously doubt Barry is the type to give up and allow the death of a whole city that easily. He'd keep looking for a way until he found it; it's why he went to Captain Cold to move the pipeline prisoners. A guy who'd go so far as to bring in a bad guy wouldn't just give up, regardless of planes and being unable to fly. And with mass-murder on the line, you don't just go "oh these guys've got this" and leave either, regardless of your faith in them. That wold be more than a bit ignorant.
And they didn't have a plan when they got back; their plan was to stop the virus from ever leaving Nanda Parbot. That was the team compensating for their plan going to heck. Compensating that only just barely worked. In fact if they'd had Barry, he could have rounded up and knocked out/restrained the infected LoA guys and gotten them isolated much faster, and most importantly before they could bleed and spread the virus.

Quote:
Why one superhero doesn't just solve the issue for another is always going to be an issue in an interconnected universe. But if we don't let things stretch a bit we'll have nothing but teamup shows and Justice League/Avengers movies. While those are nice individual stories are good as well. This was about as least questionable as we're going to get.
Well it's one thing when other superheroes don't appear in the episode/comic issue where it's all going down; of course Oliver and Barry aren't going to show up all the time to solve each others' problems. But when they actually do show up in each others' episodes, it's rather silly to see them do one thing and then skip out when mass-death is still on the horizon.
Old 2015-05-14, 12:12   Link #292
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So somehow Oliver went to Central City to help The Flash and Firestorm fight Reverse Flash, return to Nanda Prabat, went to Starling City with Ra's, all while the League never noticing anything.

Yeah, i need lots of tea to sort out my mind.

So Oliver defeated Ra's (The fight wasn't as exciting like the one with DeathStroke), gives leadership of the League to Malcolm and takes a break with Felicty while the rest of the gang takes over protecting the city and Ray blew himself up possibly getting his new powers.

The season wasn't much exciting just like last season but it was still good. Maybe the next season's flashback will show how Oliver got the Russian mafia tattoo.
Old 2015-05-14, 12:42   Link #293
justsomeguy

If season 1 was 8/10 and season 2 was 9/10, then I have to say season 3 is 6/10 to be honest.

My impression of the finale and the season as a whole is that it was underwhelming, meandering, unfocused, destructive to my opinion of certain characters, and used too much to promote other shows.
* Lance's character regressed, and his relationship with Laurel is left as a continuing plot at the end.
* Laurel's power level is very inconsistent. Having trouble with normal street thugs, while holding her own against trained assassins? That said, being the Black Canary and gaining confidence is far better than her season 2 self.
* Felicity spent much of the season wavering between Ray and Oliver (and to some extent Barry), and the latter half crying. That's a large drop from being the competent independent quirky female she was.
* It felt like the writers didn't really know what to do with Roy. Most of the time, Arsenal was second fiddle to Oliver, and only got to do stuff while he was "dead." The writers even admitted that they screwed up and forgot about Roy at the end of the fight against Atom. Roy's plotline regarding his guilt at killing the cops last season, being Arsenal, and sacrificing his identity to save Oliver should have been compelling, but didn't feel like it was given the attention it should have.
* As far as secret faraway villain bases go, by the end of the season Nanda Parbat has got to be among the least secure. The characters were taking out assassins and waltzing in and out of the place with quick scene changes from Starling. The references to the Lazarus Pit as a "hot tub" were pretty funny though.
* That AO virus was a lame plot device used to force the final showdown. The finale handled it off screen with Ray releasing nanomachines to neutralize it. (And despite Lance sending in the force to deal with an attack that's supposed to be a big deal, we see only 1 police car arrive at 1 site, while a couple others set up to snipe Oliver and Ra's.) The poor way the virus was handled also undermined the Yamashiro family plotline in the flashbacks.
* In fact, IMO the season promoted Ray and Atom far too much, and used him as a convenient problem solver too many times.
* The way this Ra's was portrayed was not the principled fanatic I was expecting. Instead, the way the plot played out, he came off as a tired man gradually going senile, desperate for an heir to the point of being unable to see through Oliver's deception, and obsessed with his rival Damien Dahrk from long ago. Considering his accomplishments from the shadows, Darhk seems more impressive than Ra's. Hell, even Merlin was more impressive than Ra's. For a master assassin, that's kind of a disappointing showing. The final duel was also a step down from episode 9's.
* Malcolm pretty much played Oliver the entire season, and he wins. If Oliver had handed Malcolm over at the beginning, the entire conflict against Ra's and the LoA would not have happened (or at least delayed for a long time, for those who believe such is inevitable.) Instead, Oliver spent weeks investigating Sarah's death, stagnating the plot during those episodes, then got his ass kicked and spent weeks bedridden, and then was forced to play the part of heir to the demon for weeks while destroying his relationships and endangering his allies (for naught, since that plan to kill Ra's, the virus, and himself failed), and in the end handed over the reigns to Malcolm. Merlin won big, and as far as I'm concerned, something like this will definitely come back to bite Oliver in the ass, probably in season 5 after HIVE has been dealt with in 4.
* The way Oliver and Felicity drive off in the end scene was lame, since we all know he'll be back in action when the next season begins. (And if Barry's upcoming attempt to save his mom has catastrophic results, that little vacation could end in as little as a week.)

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 14:10   Link #294
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Well, the trailer for Legends of Tomorrow apparently confirms what I thought: the explosion gives Ray his powers.

"So, you weren't dead?"

"Nope."

"You were just............small."
Old 2015-05-14, 15:07   Link #295
Galaxian

When was the last time a lab explosion killed someone in this genre.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 15:25   Link #296
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Um, tutoring?
Thanks for catching that for me. That typo might give people the wrong idea about the type of tutoring I have had in the past
Old 2015-05-14, 15:45   Link #297
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

I'm in love with Thea and the new Laurel.

Nyssa needs to visit more often and, By Toutatis and Belenos!, this series needs SO much more Katana!
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 18:06   Link #298
monster

Quote:
.......you guys aren't being serious, right? Who's going to buy that they're totally unconnected? At least Thea's outfit is red which will show the difference, but the Arrow was already known for having a green costume.
Honestly if this does happen and everyone in Starling actually buys that they're different people.......I'd have to call bad/lazy writing.
Actually, if Oliver had agreed to the name of Red Arrow, then it would be even easier to introduce Green Arrow. He would just have to wear a bright green instead of a dark green. Of course people would think that they're connected, as in allies, but probably not the same person as Roy is still the current suspect, and that's if the police didn't decide to drop the charge on Roy.
Quote:
I heard, but I seriously doubt he'd strand himself there, and why Lian Yu? There are plenty of more calm and peaceful places he could go for alone time than the place where lots of bad stuff happened, places that he could leave more easily. It's not like after the Undertaking where he left himself there after he failed to stop Merlyn; the series starts off with Oliver himself saying he's dreamed of getting home for the whole five years. It's just that he's not ready to go back home yet, but that's a far cry from wanting to strand himself on Lian Yu again.
Well, if he's feeling guilty over the torture he did, then he's not going to go on a paradise island. And that island is also significant to him for all of the people he had lost there.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 20:28   Link #299
Wandering Soul

Just like for the Flash, there is a nice set of pictures to sum up the finale of Arrow.
Old 2015-05-25, 21:26   Link #300
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So turns out Harley was going to appear on Arrow before the Suicide Squad movie changed that.

Quote:
Pertaining to all the movies that are being made and stuff like that in the comic book world, it’s also taken a side away from the TV shows. Because we had the Suicide Squad and these things inside of it, ARGUS. We were going really heavily into that for a minute. And then, something must have come down from DC or some higher-up above that said “No, you must cease and desist because we’re going to make it into a movie and we can’t have anyone spoil that idea.”

We did get to see that little pigtail and the ARGUS uniform and the little treat of Harley Quinn, and it just got ripped away. So if we could actually have Harley Quinn on the show, that would be amazing. But it’s never going to happen.

Tags
green arrow, the cw