AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2009-11-15, 08:46   Link #181
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
They've been talking about this project like it's a completely serious work, but the entire premise just looks like Bleach but With the Cast of Haruhi.
Since the director is Seiji Kishi (Seto no Hanayome, Sunred), I don't think it'll be completely a serious work
Plus remember that Maeda wants to put importance into the comedy aspects.
Old 2009-11-15, 09:21   Link #182
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
From Newtype
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
/me starts laughing hysterically.

as someone mentioned earlier, jokes make themselves here.
Quote:
I'm still praying this is a parody show.

They can't expect us to take something that looks like that seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
So...the other two were late for the photo-shoot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
uuughhh better be a parody shot
I don't understand... is there some sort of Haruhi scan just like it somewhere? If so, I've never seen it... so the joke went right over my head.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 09:26   Link #183
monir
cho~ kakkoii

They got Kyon's hair color all wrong. It shouldn't be light brown with a redding hue to it.... no! It should be dark brown.

Yay... another Seiji Kishi directed anime. Looking forward to it!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 12:36   Link #184
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
From Newtype
I dunno but I really don't like the color combination of the main girl...some wierd dark purple & pink highlights, light green bows and aqua-ish eyes :S

Bit too much imo. Wierd

The other girl is a typicle stoic white-haired one.
Old 2009-11-15, 12:38   Link #185
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
If this isn't a parody series, this is going to be absolutely terrible. Mark my words, boys and girls. Terrible.
It can be the so bad it's good type you know.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 12:50   Link #186
Ottocycle

I don't know, but when Maeda Jun gets a burnout from writing this, something is up. Not right nor wrong though.

Sure looks like it's more on the wrong side though.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 14:09   Link #187
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I have my doubts about Maeda's ability to write a true light-hearted parody, but I can't believe even he could be taking this seriously. I'm going to withhold judgment until we get a little more to work with.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 14:10   Link #188
Leo Keichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Spring 2010, eh? I'm looking forward for this since I know that they will do a good job since it's Key after all and it's backed by P.A. Works which seems to be putting out great anime... hopefully they don't let me down like Endless Eight did...
They can't possibly let you as down as they did with Endless Eight.
But actually, when I think about it now, I just get it as a big joke I'll never ever forget. Things were not like this some time ago, though.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 19:34   Link #189
PzIVf3

PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 16:15   Link #190
Lummie

I don't get it why some of you are complaining. I think the designs of the characters despite having traits from Haruhi are much better in my opinion then those of Haruhi. If you don't like it, just go watch the retarded ENDLESS EIGHT which is labeled as the biggest failure in anime history.

Can't wait for this to start airing.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 16:25   Link #191
Proto

Quote:
If you don't like it, just go watch the retarded ENDLESS EIGHT which is labeled as the biggest failure in anime history.
Complete non sequitur. Trying to make your argument hip by slashing against Endless eight does not make your argument any more valid.
Old 2009-11-16, 17:05   Link #192
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Complete non sequitur. Trying to make your argument hip by slashing against Endless eight does not make your argument any more valid.
I disagree because Haruhi consisted mainly this season out of endless eight. The rest of the episodes were used to explain the reasons behind the movie they made in the first season which was unnecessary to bring up. The season had no plot or whatsoever so you can say what you want but the fact is we didn't go any forward but to it was walking backwards with Haruhi (literally).

This serie could provide a better presentation and don't bring up mistakes like Haruhi did. So the point is, why already complaining if Haruhi is already full of holes?

I don't want to go offtopic because this isn't the Haruhi topic so i'll leave it at that.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 17:14   Link #193
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Sorry dude, Proto's right.

A better argument would be the fact that there are a lot of characters that look like other characters in anime, it just hasn't happened with one this popular before (to my knowledge). They're different enough that I'm not going to be thinking about it (until I come here and someone mentions it again). Besides, while the one girl definitely looks like Haruhi, I don't think the other one looks much like Yuki other than looking like they share some character traits. Plus, the guy shown is nothing like Kyon.

So really, I think people are just overreacting; not because they're still angry at Haruhi or hold Haruhi in particular high regard, but because they're afraid of being reminded constantly of Haruhi the whole time. I think it'll be fine.
Old 2009-11-16, 17:18   Link #194
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

(praying earnestly that voice cast will not have Aya Hirano)...

meh, Haruhi was never a good anime to begin with.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 17:22   Link #195
Proto

Quote:
I disagree because Haruhi consisted mainly this season out of endless eight. The rest of the episodes were used to explain the reasons behind the movie they made in the first season which was unnecessary to bring up. The season had no plot or whatsoever so you can say what you want but the fact is we didn't go any forward but to it was walking backwards with Haruhi (literally).

This serie could provide a better presentation and don't bring up mistakes like Haruhi did. So the point is, why already complaining if Haruhi is already full of holes?

I don't want to go offtopic because this isn't the Haruhi topic so i'll leave it at that.
The issue here is whether Angel Beat's character designs are comparable to those in Haruhi. Your opinion of Endless Eight is completely irrelevant to the point at hand. Hence the non sequitur.
Old 2009-11-16, 18:20   Link #196
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
I don't get it why some of you are complaining. I think the designs of the characters despite having traits from Haruhi are much better in my opinion then those of Haruhi. If you don't like it, just go watch the retarded ENDLESS EIGHT which is labeled as the biggest failure in anime history.
a) We're not exactly complaining.

b) Haruhi is infamous, and this show seems like it's trying to draw on that 'popularity', is all we're saying.

c) This isn't the place to complain about your percieved flaws in Haruhi. That's for the Haruhi subforum, over thataway. We'd love to have you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Sorry, just wondering, is English not your first language?

Because you didn't seem to understand a word Proto said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
So really, I think people are just overreacting; not because they're still angry at Haruhi or hold Haruhi in particular high regard, but because they're afraid of being reminded constantly of Haruhi the whole time. I think it'll be fine.
That's not what it is.

Like I said, this is pretty much The Plot of Bleach but With Haruhi Characters. It's such a blatant ripoff that, frankly, I don't see how this could be any good if the show isn't aware of what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
(praying earnestly that voice cast will not have Aya Hirano)...
I'd expect Haruka Tomatsu to be voicing Yurippe... she could definitely do the kind of voice Yurippe's character type is usually associated with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
meh, Haruhi was never a good anime to begin with.
Again, not the place for this.

I think we need a subforum devoted entirely to bitching...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 18:33   Link #197
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
a) We're not exactly complaining.

b) Haruhi is infamous, and this show seems like it's trying to draw on that 'popularity', is all we're saying.

c) This isn't the place to complain about your percieved flaws in Haruhi. That's for the Haruhi subforum, over thataway. We'd love to have you.

Sorry, just wondering, is English not your first language?

Because you didn't seem to understand a word Proto said.

That's not what it is.

Like I said, this is pretty much The Plot of Bleach but With Haruhi Characters. It's such a blatant ripoff that, frankly, I don't see how this could be any good if the show isn't aware of what it is.

I'd expect Haruka Tomatsu to be voicing Yurippe... she could definitely do the kind of voice Yurippe's character type is usually associated with.

Again, not the place for this.

I think we need a subforum devoted entirely to bitching...

FULLY seconded Haruka Tomatsu as Yurippe

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 06:02   Link #198
Leo Keichi

I never thought that the main girl looks like Haruhi. But I think that these kind of comparisons are inevitable. I remember everyone comparing K-on's girls with the ones from Lucky☆Star in the beginning, and comparing Clannad with Kanon. I mean, every story will always have something in common with others, but saying that Angel Beats! is a rip-off from Haruhi is probably pushing things.

This anime is supposed to have some deal of action scenes, so I believe when people see that, they won't get this feeling anymore. I wouldn't imagine Haruhi and Kyon going out to get back at some people shooting them out, really. Kyon would just ramble all the time, and Haruhi would just shout some orders. All the work would end in the hands of Nagato in the end, hehe. But about the comparison with Bleach, I don't know, I've never seen it.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 06:13   Link #199
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi View Post
But about the comparison with Bleach, I don't know, I've never seen it.
It's the everyone is dead and in the afterlife dealy.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 07:31   Link #200
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
It's the everyone is dead and in the afterlife dealy.
I couldn't help it.

Tags
key