AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-11-12, 21:03   Link #1081
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I'm actually a bit more curious as to how he survived having his head cut off and then put it back on so causally.

Geera leaving Zael at home and not taking him sort of bugged me.
he's probably immortal like Ban

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 23:21   Link #1082
marvelB

Quote:
I'm actually a bit more curious as to how he survived having his head cut off and then put it back on so causally.

Yeah, stuff like that is pretty much what convinced so many people (myself included) of Gowther not being a human, but some other artificial being like a homunculus/golem/automaton/etc. And coincidentally, that ALSO gives me stronger reason to make the Machine Banchou comparison!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 05:35   Link #1083
Ulic

Quote:

Geera leaving Zael at home and not taking him sort of bugged me.
I've heard in other places that Gowther's "lover" may actually be Geera, I'm not sure if someone mentioned it here as well. It would be really stupid and hypocritical of her to abandon her brother for Gowther after revealing Zael is the reason she endeavored to be someone he can be proud of.
Ulic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 09:49   Link #1084
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuukio View Post
I've heard in other places that Gowther's "lover" may actually be Geera, I'm not sure if someone mentioned it here as well. It would be really stupid and hypocritical of her to abandon her brother for Gowther after revealing Zael is the reason she endeavored to be someone he can be proud of.
Yea we've mentioned it but it actually makes more logical sense then it should. Hear me out now

Its heavily implied that her father Dale was a disgraced Holy Knight (because of hendricksons experiments) so Geera became one to give her brother a person in his life to be proud of cause lets face it in that society if your father failed at something that big it would be easy to get bullied. Now Geera found out that her father was the monster that dawn's roar was sent to kill but it had to occur to her how was it hidden. We know that Gowther sacrificed his armor to protect Geera's dad until a solution presented himself. To Geera thats a big deal since he had no reason to and even moreso since the Holy Knights disgraced the sins. Thats why Gowther became her lover. He's also likely told her stories about her father that she never knew and all that.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2014-11-13, 10:01   Link #1085
Ulic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Yea we've mentioned it but it actually makes more logical sense then it should. Hear me out now

Its heavily implied that her father Dale was a disgraced Holy Knight (because of hendricksons experiments) so Geera became one to give her brother a person in his life to be proud of cause lets face it in that society if your father failed at something that big it would be easy to get bullied. Now Geera found out that her father was the monster that dawn's roar was sent to kill but it had to occur to her how was it hidden. We know that Gowther sacrificed his armor to protect Geera's dad until a solution presented himself. To Geera thats a big deal since he had no reason to and even moreso since the Holy Knights disgraced the sins. Thats why Gowther became her lover. He's also likely told her stories about her father that she never knew and all that.
I only vaguely remember Geera learning that the monster was her father, but I don't remember exactly when it happened in the manga. How did she find out Gowther was involved?

And still, if what you say is true, I don't see how that justifies leaving her brother out of it during the festivities. That kind of reminiscing between her and Gowther could've just as easily taken place at any other time.
Ulic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 10:10   Link #1086
Breimoon

Her brother died and Gowther is replacing him :P (just kidding)
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 10:34   Link #1087
Slayerx

Quote:
Ya, if you go back a chapter or two its heavily implied. When Jericho asked how Geera kept from transforming into a monster, she said it was the bond of love. Jericho thought for a second she meant her little brother but then looked up to see Geera waving to Gowther with a very sly smile

A geera wouldn't have to abandon anyone... Just because Gowtheris going on a new adventure, that doesn't mean she has to tag along.
Old 2014-11-13, 11:17   Link #1088
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
I only vaguely remember Geera learning that the monster was her father, but I don't remember exactly when it happened in the manga. How did she find out Gowther was involved?

And still, if what you say is true, I don't see how that justifies leaving her brother out of it during the festivities. That kind of reminiscing between her and Gowther could've just as easily taken place at any other time.
Jericho decided to sneak a peak and noticed the sins fighting the monster after they left she grabbed a pendant (which belonged to Geera's dad). As for Gowthers involvement. If she saw the sins fight it off she also saw the monster being revealed and gowther explaining about how its his armor that sealed the monster so she told geera the full story.

Would u want your sibling to be around when ur with a lover (especially if you arent gonna see them for a while)

Old 2014-11-13, 11:40   Link #1089
The_Codfish

Quote:
I'm not sure how you could have missed that with how blatantly Guila was referring to Gowther having saved her with the power of love. Or the panel of Gowther caressing Guila.
The_Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 22:35   Link #1090
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I kind of wonder what the plan for Ban's journey is going to be. I kind of feel it goes a couple ways. He either finds some method of reviving Elaine or gives up his immortality. Of course I don't discount it kind of being both with the price of reviving her being his immortality. Either way that takes care of this eternal hell he finds himself in.

It really is something just how deep that loss is for Ban. After the possibility of reviving Elaine was brought up during this last big arc, it seems now some hope is back with him. If there is one way to do it then there is probably others. And possibly methods that don't require him to kill his captain.
Old 2014-11-17, 22:47   Link #1091
marvelB

Chinese chapter's been out for a while, now:

Spoiler for 104:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 23:49   Link #1092
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Spoiler for 104:
thats disappointing

Old 2014-11-18, 00:08   Link #1093
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Spoiler for 104:
I actually find this chapter interesting.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 11:53   Link #1094
The_Codfish

Chapter has been translated.

Spoiler:
The_Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 12:23   Link #1095
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Codfish View Post
Chapter has been translated.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for chapter:

Old 2014-11-18, 12:34   Link #1096
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Talk about a PLOT TWIST!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 14:03   Link #1097
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Oh that...that sucks big time for King, seriously! What is with this manga recently and bringing up things that leave a bad taste in my mouth? First Hawk magically comes back to life (still waiting and a damn good explanation), then Gowther seduces Geera and whatever he's doing even made her ignore her little brother and now King finds out everyone hates him and Ban (his friend/rival) was given his title.

Really now, on the one hand this can be some interesting developments but on the other some of these developments have started by breaking my heart (Geera's brother and King's faces) and I don't like this feeling. They don't deserve this...hell, poor King left because he was saving his friend, ended up spending centuries years with memory loss and when he regained his memories he was arrested after killing his best friend who had gone made with vengeance. Now this? What the hell? This is so infuriating...

Also, I love Ban...I really do but his personality is too much sometimes.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 14:09   Link #1098
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
All hail Fairy King Ban .

Well it's certainly not like Ban didn't warn King ahead of time that this might not be a good idea for him to come along. Not surprising that the Faeries are pissed at King and consider him a traitor. From their perspective he abandoned them for several hundred years, Elaine died, and it was this 'human' who helped the forest begin its revival. It sucks for King, but it's not that surprising that this happened.

It's a chance at redemption anyways for King if he can regain the trust of his people once again.

What I really wonder about is what Ban's goal is in coming all the way out there. I can't imagine he came to just hang out in a forest and 'rule' there.

Jericho is also taking this stalking thing to an extreme level. Might as well get over the fact that she's without power and just find her own path forward.
Old 2014-11-18, 14:11   Link #1099
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

No...what pisses me off about Ban wasn't that he didn't warn King (well, a little but it's Ban, should expect much from him) but that he didn't tell King about the forest, even if he was branded a traitor he had a right to know. That was a shitty move from Ban.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 14:53   Link #1100
Homura7

Why should he have told him? Even if Ban had told King about the forest it would only have served to speed up his bitter return to home. King's pet, Oslo, also knew the forest had been revived (you can tell it through how it turns its head when King asks Oslo if what Ban said is true or not), but chose to not tell King to spare him this all around harsh welcome.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen