AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 29 28.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 49.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 18.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-14, 17:50   Link #21
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
i hope this is not what i think it is ....
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-14, 17:57   Link #22
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

But is it ever cute.....
Old 2006-12-14, 18:13   Link #23
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
But is it ever cute.....
it sure is
after seeing the sceens , i can hardly wait for the subs
Old 2006-12-14, 18:18   Link #24
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anacone View Post
Please tag spoiler like that, even if that's from 3 years back...There's still people who haven't seen it, I don't know how many times I have been spoiled about that. Nice to know you liked it, but please be considerate that others can too
Ah, right, I forgot about that, hehe...My apologies. It's a little easy to forget about that when it comes to anime that's been a few years old, but yes you're right, there still are anime fans who haven't seen it yet. And they should try that one too, it's a little light-hearted romance and comedy, for anyone's who into it. Anyways, I'm gonna see if I can fix that last post of mine.
Old 2006-12-14, 20:06   Link #25
DanielSong39

Nah, I'm not expecting Mai to win; but I do expect her to provide solid entertainment for the next 4 episodes.

Disappointed with the series so far, but I've put it all behind me. I'm willing to give KyoAni a mulligan - especially if they come up with some good stuff with the Mai arc. Then it's off to Shiori (I'm really hoping for a larger role from Nayuki this time around), and the Nayuki/Ayu combined arc. Hopefully they can improve upon the 2002 ending.

It will be interesting to see how they approach the tragedies involving the other girls. This is where they can really improve upon the 2002 version... I would like to see some fresh, original approaches to dealing with tragic situations. More variety would be appreciated.

P.S. Do you think Makoto will make any cameo appearances in the later episodes?
Old 2006-12-14, 21:26   Link #26
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Watched ep. 11 RAW.
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-12-14, 22:15   Link #27
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
~~ Anyway, content wise, this episode is probably best described as a transition episode from Makoto's route to Mai's route. Personally, I think it occurred quite naturally. With Mai's connection to Makoto, it's reasonable that Yuuichi would approach her next, hoping to learn more from her, as well as about her. (How to go from Mai's end to the next route is still a question for me though) But it's kinda sad that Mishio is probably not going to show up anymore, considering Yuuichi got along with her so well by the end of last episode.[/spoiler]
Well, actually. I do have a rough idea on how they can naturally proceed from Mai's arc to the next arc, and then the last two arcs.

Makoto's arc was unique from the rest in one aspect in that there is one location which is central to the other four arcs( although to a lesser extent in Mai's arc), but non-existent in Makoto's arc.

So on hindsight, it was only natural that they dealt with Makoto's arc first, since it would have been hard to merge her plotline with the rest without having Yuuichi literally running all over town.

Yuuichi: "All I've done since I got here is run."
~~~~ ~~~~

As an ardent fan of Mai, I fervently hope that KyoAni will do her story justice. As I have mentioned before, her story is the most unique one in Kanon and also the most complicated.

I strongly doubt any of the new viewers can figure out her story as of Ep11. In all the speculations that I have read, people managed to nail Makoto's, Ayu's, Shiori's and Nayuki's background, but failed to figure out Mai's.

Toei's version did a rather good job in conveying Mai's story, but they failed to properly explain the full extent of her misery. It would be interesting to see how KyoAni is going to make Yuuichi resolve her issues in this version, and whether or not they will expand Sayuri's role in Mai's arc.

Sayuri herself is another can of worms and can easily earn an arc herself. Maybe in an OVA?

Cheers.
Old 2006-12-14, 23:09   Link #28
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
i hope this is not what i think it is ....
Spoiler:
Can't help but laugh at Mai's expression, hehe......That's way cute.
Old 2006-12-15, 01:59   Link #29
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I really liked the humor in this episode ^-^ Poor Ayu can't cook or cut anything lol. It is a wonder why the smoke didn't wake them.

Piro is so cute, I would have to say I'm like Nayuki with cats LOL
Old 2006-12-15, 02:30   Link #30
Thelastguardian

For the 1st half of the series, Tomokazu Sugita sounded weaker (or quieter) compared to his performance in the intro episodes. His voice gradually picked up as episode 11 progressed though. I wonder if that is intentional on the producer's part? (yes)

I think the transition is well done. Obviously Yuuichi can't stay like a mope for the rest of his life. Furthermore he viewed Mikoto's disapparence as a miracle (as in it is a miracle they met again in the first place) instead of a tragady.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2006-12-15 at 02:43.
Old 2006-12-15, 09:46   Link #31
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
Having just seen the episode, I have to give it a 10 just because I'm so pleased that Makoto's presence didn't just go away...

Ayu remembered her, she was mentioned multiple times throughout the episode, and while I'm somewhat disappointed that Amano may not appear again...the fact that the arc's events didn't vanish like in Toei's version (or, to a slightly more relevant point, KyoAni's own adaptation of AIR) is enough to justify a perfect score in my eyes.
Old 2006-12-15, 13:38   Link #32
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-12-15, 15:06   Link #33
Meophist

Wow at the clouds…

Somehow, I found this episode to be even more… err… "sadder" than the last, but that's probably just me. It'll be nice if Amano appears again…
Old 2006-12-15, 15:32   Link #34
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Is it just me or...

Spoiler for what appears to be coming to us really quickly:

Sorry about the very deeply-nested spoilers. It has to do with how one segment of the entire storyilne is being told differentlyfrom the ToeiAni version in that we get to learn something very early on in the ToeiAni version early on yet which we don't even know with the KyoAni version yet.

--Ian.
Old 2006-12-15, 17:30   Link #35
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
I think the transition is well done. Obviously Yuuichi can't stay like a mope for the rest of his life. Furthermore he viewed Mikoto's disapparence as a miracle (as in it is a miracle they met again in the first place) instead of a tragady.
I have to wholly agree with you here, especially after all 3 of them want to keep Makoto's room ready for her to return to it. The conversation between Ayu and Yuuichi during their kung fu dinner dance made such a huge impact for me because to the difference of what was being said and the way they were acting. If it wasn't for the previous episode and what was being said, that would have been one of the cutest couple scenes I have seen in ages

Last edited by grey_moon; 2006-12-15 at 18:41.
Old 2006-12-15, 18:36   Link #36
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well after the tragedy that hit last week...this ep was a lot calmer in conparison
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-15, 18:51   Link #37
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Well, not quite...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-15, 19:04   Link #38
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Well, not quite...

Spoiler:
well...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-15, 20:03   Link #39
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

For those waiting on the SS/Eclipse release, go get it~! It's out!

--Ian.
Old 2006-12-15, 20:38   Link #40
Mentar
Banned

Sorry 'bout that, but our translator was on a plane to Japan right when Kanon came out, so the translation arrived 15 hours later than usual. We were able to compensate for a bit, but obviously a delay had to remain.

Anyway, enjoy ... and thanks IJ!
Closed Thread