AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2016-04-10, 10:37   Link #1041
Tenzen12

I would love Max and Millia mentoring Mirage and Hayate and competing whose disciple is better.
Old 2016-04-10, 10:52   Link #1042
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirke View Post
If Max or Milia were to return, it would be funny to still see them forever young. They looked really good in their fifties.
I don't know about Max.

But IIRC, Millia is much older than Max. From the TV shows, Milia had been fighting the Supervision Army long, long before Max was even born.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 11:06   Link #1043
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I don't know about Max.

But IIRC, Millia is much older than Max. From the TV shows, Milia had been fighting the Supervision Army long, long before Max was even born.

- Tak
Canonically, the Zentradi still don't know what the 'natural' lifespan of their race is when in miclone form, and there is the implication that it might be different from their longevity in macronized form. It's possible that the process of changing forms itself has a kind of rejuvenating effect, and Max has been macronized before. Still, if that was the case you'd think they'd have investigated the hell out of that by now.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 11:52   Link #1044
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
Still, if that was the case you'd think they'd have investigated the hell out of that by now.
Or there might not be a need to, considering prolonged lifespan is pretty much taken for granted in the Macross-verse?

Grace is a good example. I am pretty sure she is not the only one to transfer thoughts to new bodies every once in a while.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2016-04-10, 12:03   Link #1045
Alhazred

Quote:
Or there might not be a need to, considering prolonged lifespan is pretty much taken for granted in the Macross-verse?

Grace is a good example. I am pretty sure she is not the only one to transfer thoughts to new bodies every once in a while.

- Tak
I dunno; while increased human lifespans might indeed be a thing, the situation with the Galaxy cyborgs was played for the body horror angle a bit so i am thinking that at the very least immortality through machine conversion is one of the 'fringe' options.
Old 2016-04-10, 12:04   Link #1046
Tenzen12

I think the Galaxy was too extravagant fleet to use them as standart, especially as their thoughts transfer is likely related to that hivemind society of their.
Old 2016-04-10, 12:25   Link #1047
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
I dunno; while increased human lifespans might indeed be a thing, the situation with the Galaxy cyborgs was played for the body horror angle a bit so i am thinking that at the very least immortality through machine conversion is one of the 'fringe' options.
Well, Grace only does it because her old body was deemed unrepairable. You also have people like Berera, who is a complete cyborg and therefore could be assumed to not age like a normal human being. It could be further implied that Berera is not the only one of his kind.

- Tak

Old 2016-04-10, 13:00   Link #1048
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
It could be further implied that Berera is not the only one of his kind.
We're all those infiltrators in Sayonara no Tsubasa cyborgs? Or do you just mean that Brera not the only one who's had the full-body treatment done to?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 13:10   Link #1049
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
Or do you just mean that Brera not the only one who's had the full-body treatment done to?
This. After all, cybernetics is quite popular. Frontier is actually an exception to that.

And again, considering what the Zentradi had done to themselves... what the Galaxy (and other fleets) has is nothing significant in comparison, really.

- Tak

Old 2016-04-10, 13:20   Link #1050
Gravitas Free Zone

Funny thing is, I don't think what the Zentradi had done to themselves is all that extreme or elegant: Bolting a plate onto your skull is more.. medieval.

Grace having tentacles pop out of weird places while maintaining her figure, by contrast...
Old 2016-04-10, 13:39   Link #1051
Tak

Quote:
Funny thing is, I don't think what the Zentradi had done to themselves is all that extreme or elegant: Bolting a plate onto your skull is more.. medieval.

Grace having tentacles pop out of weird places while maintaining her figure, by contrast...
Exsedol is basically a walking brain with tentacles. He is a biological computer/researcher/analyzer.

The Zentradi supreme commander of the first space war, Boddole Zer, was pretty much the same way with a dose of steroids, and had been for many, many centuries.

Spoiler for FREAK!!:

Spoiler for Women were obviously not exempt:

Yeah, they weren't elegant, but I never said they were. Though its pretty damn extreme.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2016-04-10 at 13:54.
Old 2016-04-10, 14:29   Link #1052
Gravitas Free Zone

Ah, DYRL. I think of the original series first when I think of Zentradi. The huge built-into-the-ship versions of Boldol Zer and Lap'Lamiz felt like they were exaggerated for dramatic purposes in DYRL.
Old 2016-04-10, 14:50   Link #1053
Tak

Quote:
Ah, DYRL. I think of the original series first when I think of Zentradi. The huge built-into-the-ship versions of Boldol Zer and Lap'Lamiz felt like they were exaggerated for dramatic purposes in DYRL.
Yeah, but since Macross 7, DYRL designs pretty much became canon. Zentradi didn't originally have elven ears either. After DYRL? Every green-skins get it. They either point up or point sideways.

As for Exsedol , look at him in comparison to Max in 7

- Tak

Old 2016-04-11, 20:07   Link #1054
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Exsedol is basically a walking brain with tentacles. He is a biological computer/researcher/analyzer.

The Zentradi supreme commander of the first space war, Boddole Zer, was pretty much the same way with a dose of steroids, and had been for many, many centuries.

Spoiler for FREAK!!:

Spoiler for Women were obviously not exempt:

Yeah, they weren't elegant, but I never said they were. Though its pretty damn extreme.

- Tak
As for DYRL Macross Chronicle points out tech differences between Zentradi and Meltrandi. Zentradi went for genetic modification and biotech. Nousjadeul-Ger suit had biotechnology for its interface. Bodolle Zer was a bio computer for the main fortress. Meltrandi went for the artificial enhancements, cybernetic optics giving them BDI like control. Moruk Laplamiz was a holographic computer controlling the Meltrandi fortress.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 22:17   Link #1055
YF19EX

Well I am curious how Hayate is going to take to a VF-1. Will Mirage play it straight or do something try to dissuade him. From the preview he already put that thing into a stall.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 09:23   Link #1056
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
Well I am curious how Hayate is going to take to a VF-1. Will Mirage play it straight or do something try to dissuade him. From the preview he already put that thing into a stall.

He'll probably have no problem with it so long as its in Battroid form. Hmm from the preview and based on Hayates earlier personality, he probably got carried away with flying and now VF-1 is stalling and he's panicking.

As for Mirage she'll try to be professional up until Hayates maverick tendencies get the better of her.

Anyway nice contrast to Zero, Shin has a hard time controlling Gerwalk and Battroid modes but has smooth control on Fighter mode, while Hayate has it in reverse.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 21:38   Link #1057
moodie

After being half way through Macross 7 i still dont know why ppl hate him. Ya he is an asshole kid but it fits that punk era. Obviously the 80s had a far more chivalrous MC but I dont think that he is intolerable. Ya he can be a bit too much at times but it doesnt hurt my enjoyment of the show. In fact it makes it more humanized cuz there are ppl who would act the way he acts.

Maybe I can relate from one asshole to another. But I was coming into this thinking it was going to be horrible. Ya its not the original series but it still good. People are saying F is even better than 7 so im excited for that.

Thankfully I can be the ones that enjoy the entire universe of Macross.
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 02:05   Link #1058
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
I'm laughing and pitying people whose comments basically amount to "Delta Ruined my Childhood." Darned nostalgia just ruins enjoyment- get if out of your systems people!

I'm tempted to post some comments that I found across sites but that would be too hilarious.

====

It's probably my bad trait of enjoying anything and sitting glued to the tune of "let's see where this deep rabbit hole goes."
Old 2016-04-13, 08:38   Link #1059
Tenzen12

I wonder if delta will have Frontier movie in it, how can current triangle reenact it considering Mirage would have to play Sheryl.

Of course best Sheryl would be Mikumo, but that would destroy whole symbolism...
Old 2016-04-13, 10:45   Link #1060
Alhazred

Hmm... you know, unless the Windermere apples are a giant red herring the NUNS equivalent of the CDC should be ashamed of themselves. Mapping patterns of disease outbreak to the proliferation of contaminated foodstuffs should be child's play with the computing power they have at their disposal, even if not every region that receives produce imports from Windermere has a VAR outbreak.