AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-10-19, 05:08   Link #1761
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I don't know what you're talking about because Kira definitely led Destiny and Shinn was just along for the ride.
Shhh.... Shinn's not supposed to know about that...

Quote:
It also makes a much more reasonable political pairing for Athrun if Lacus is actually important to ZAFT in a government sort of way.
This.

Also I'd like any ending that Kira dies because It's a Godsend in my opinion. Mostly because he can finally be with his lovedone.
Old 2010-10-19, 05:45   Link #1762
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Hell no to the "Kira dying" business. I'm glad they axed that idea back in SEED. I like where he ended up (being a super badass with an awesome girlfriend) just fine, thanks.

They could make a new main character and keep that guy the main character, just don't make him suck like Shinn and we'll be good.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 08:54   Link #1763
hayachan

Please don't kill Kira and Lacus, I love them both and please if not too much to ask Athrun and Cagali too.
I love this series without them i would probably not watching as the same as Gundam OO.
hayachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 09:55   Link #1764
LightMaster

Bandai Sunrise would sooner kill off 90% of their main characters then kill of Kira and Lacus. That's ALMOST like killing Amuro, or Char, the fan backlash would be a massive headache and would hurt their profit margins like a bullet to the face. They'd probably also sooner dump 00 in the drink and stop selling everything related to it then NOT bring back the people that gave them the second and third best selling series they've had ever... it's a company, they do it for money, not to please every single fan...if they got the majority, especially the money spending majority- they frankly don't give a damn.
LightMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 10:49   Link #1765
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
They could make a new main character and keep that guy the main character, just don't make him suck like Shinn and we'll be good.
Shinn doesn't suck.. infact he totaled freedom... and as years went by there is a vocal crowed who finds shinn's character more appealing than kira's in destiny.

as for a trilogy.... it is quite possible.. but id would like to see a new cast without the old cast using up a huge portion of airtime into the show.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 13:57   Link #1766
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Shinn doesn't suck.. infact he totaled freedom... and as years went by there is a vocal crowed who finds shinn's character more appealing than kira's in destiny.
Yeah, I am one of them, for sure. After Destiny, the only characters that did not lose in my eyes were Shinn, Yzak and Dearka. the rest... bleh... Too many sudden ressurections / lack of ideas / stupid deaths and undecisiveness... That caused my irritation and I started not to like the old cast as I did once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
as for a trilogy.... it is quite possible.. but id would like to see a new cast without the old cast using up a huge portion of airtime into the show.
Wow, 'tis nice to see that you actually say something positive about the SEED series. Finally remained at peace with the whole franchise, I suppose? ;P
Old 2010-10-19, 15:46   Link #1767
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

After Destiny I'm not that eager to see the old cast reused. Sure, I'd miss the old faces but I'd like better something based in the same universe but with different characters. An animated version of Astray would be just my piece of cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Yeah, I am one of them, for sure. After Destiny, the only characters that did not lose in my eyes were Shinn, Yzak and Dearka. the rest... bleh... Too many sudden ressurections / lack of ideas / stupid deaths and undecisiveness... That caused my irritation and I started not to like the old cast as I did once.
Same for me. And I'm not a big fan of Shinn, but I'm actually glad that Yzak and Dearka had just minor roles. So they couldn't ruin them...
Atlantis_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 16:23   Link #1768
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

whatever they do with the series, it needs more Lacus. that is all.

yeah. i said it.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 17:09   Link #1769
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

I don't know how it'll fare without Naomi Shindo (Cagalli's VA), since it's rumored that she's on bad terms with Morosawa.

I've already mentioned this, but it's worth mentioning again:

*Kira = John "Super" Cena and The Undertaker
*Athrun = Triple H
*Shinn = Randy Orton
*Lacus = Michelle McCool
*Cagalli = Mickie "Piggie" James (Isn't it sad, Cagalli?)

Last edited by Washu-Chan; 2010-10-19 at 22:00.
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 18:03   Link #1770
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
After Destiny I'm not that eager to see the old cast reused. Sure, I'd miss the old faces but I'd like better something based in the same universe but with different characters. An animated version of Astray would be just my piece of cake
The full Astray series would be great. I'd hope they focused more on Earth Federation characters, though. Maybe some grunt suit pilot, like Dagger or Windam pilot who has to fight the boss in Astray :]
Old 2010-10-19, 19:03   Link #1771
winter45

Quote:
Wow, 'tis nice to see that you actually say something positive about the SEED series. Finally remained at peace with the whole franchise, I suppose? ;P
Well... considering its a trilogy thread, im trying to keep it civil. (My current stance at CE is still hostile) After reading and watching side material of seed universe there is so much more interesting characters that appeals to me over the 2 current series..

After watching stargazer a few years back.. i was really hopeing it was a prelude to what is rumored to be a 3rd serie known as eternity as svan as the man lead which from what ive seen of him is less emo than kira, athrun and shinn combined which in fact attracted me back into CE. (specifically the side material)
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 19:13   Link #1772
monster

Quote:
Too many sudden ressurections
That only happened once with Mwu, two if you count Andrew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
*Kira = John "Super" Cena
John thrives on the supposrt of his fans while barely anyone outside of a circle of friends knows Kira.
Quote:
*Athrun = Triple H
Triple H has a conviction in who he is and what he does while Athrun has a hard time getting out of his father's shadow.
Quote:
*Shinn = Randy Orton
Randy is quiet when he's angry while Shinn is loud when he's angry.
Quote:
*Lacus = Michelle McCool
Michelle is always in the spotlight while Lacus mostly works "backstage," if you will.
Quote:
*Cagalli = Mickie "Piggie" James (Isn't it sad, Cagalli?)
Mickie is good at what she does has a high self-esteem while Cagalli is not that good at what she does and lets other people manipulate her.

So yeah, they don't really campare well with each other.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 20:09   Link #1773
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
*Lacus = Michelle McCool
Doesn't this make Kira the Undertaker?
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 21:02   Link #1774
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Doesn't this make Kira the Undertaker?
Most likely... He's supposed to be dead wayyy back in SEED and after Destiny ep.39, what other explanation could there be?
Quote:
Michelle is always in the spotlight while Lacus mostly works "backstage," if you will.
you do know that Michelle's a backstage worker.

If anything if we do politics in the parallelism it would be:

Kira = Triple H
Lacus = Stephanie McMahon-Lavesque
Athrun= Randy Orton
Shinn= Batista
Old 2010-10-19, 21:56   Link #1775
Washu-Chan