Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

dont get many FF players on AS anymore, must be too busy playing it lol
Old 2014-01-03, 09:15   Link #1322
Veviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
midgard for me.

And to all fellow Australians out there who can do everything in this game but kill titan cause of the massive lag, try www.reducethelag.com im on a free trial atm and tried it last night on titan...and i can finally dodge those damn plumes and landslides now!! My ping went from 5-600 down to 300 ping!! and 300 might sound like alot to US players but screw them they live next to the servers not half a world away.
It feels good not being to reason for most wipes against titan anymore, i tried recommending it to other titan runners who were lagging on landslides but i just sounded like a damn rmt seller lol
Does titan still have that delay? I've tried crystal tower and ultima. The fixes to the positional latency has helped immensely. It's so nice to be able to dodge stuff and actually dodge it. The program might not be needed
Old 2014-01-03, 10:06   Link #1323
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I'm also in Tonberry O_O. So I'm not the only animesuki member on Tonberry? lol
Well, I won't be able to join FFXIV until at least 27th Jan, so until that time if you are still playing, let's add each other, lol. I'm still borrowing my friend's account to get an idea about the game before buying it.
Old 2014-01-03, 10:22   Link #1324
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

sure ^_^. I'm usually only online at night and weekend, but looking forward to play with you ^_^

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2014-01-03 at 10:44.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 21:06   Link #1325
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
Does titan still have that delay? I've tried crystal tower and ultima. The fixes to the positional latency has helped immensely. It's so nice to be able to dodge stuff and actually dodge it. The program might not be needed
Before i got reducethelag.com crystal tower also had nearly no delay for me, but sadly square enix only implemented less lag on the new battles, not the old ones like Titan HM.
To answer ur first question Titan still has a point of a second delay so if you dont move off plumes quickly you will get hit, but thats ALOT better than trying to read the future and move before you can see the plumes to actually dodge it.
And guys this is for plp that live along way from the servers like australia, and have high ping, i dont reccomend this to anyone else cause i have no idea if it will actually help you, all i know for sure is i was getting 600 ping in australia i used this now im getting 300ping and can join titan kill squads, killed him again another 2 times last night for FC ^^
Old 2014-01-05, 02:58   Link #1326
night_sentinel

Thanks guys.
I finally played the game.

Server: Balmung
Name: Merry Sunnyglow

I didn't know what class and race I want so I randomized everything. lol. Currently, a cute lalafel lancer. ^^
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 07:02   Link #1327
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Welcome to the good server. :3

On Balmung I lead an LGBT safe-space, PvE oriented Free Company called "Unity in A Realm Reborn." If you're interested in joining up with a group of folks who are currently chewing their way through The Binding Coil of Bahamut, are pretty chill and fun to be around (and accepting of pretty much any lifestyle at all), check us out! My character's name is Aeriyn Ashley.

Our FC website is located at http://unity-arr.enjin.com .
Old 2014-01-05, 07:44   Link #1328
night_sentinel

If I remember right, the Binding coils of Bahamut, is the hardest dungeon of the game right now. Umm... Is there any requirement on joining? (Beside filling the form of course) Because I'm on level 10. I don't think I can participate in raiding anytime soon. ^^
Old 2014-01-05, 08:15   Link #1329
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

just focus on doing the main quests and getting to 50 ^^, if i were you, id go tank and do dungeons all the time, dungeons gives ya more exp than fates now since they nerfed fates, and good luck finding a fate party in ur lvl range, they are so rare now
Old 2014-01-07, 04:00   Link #1330
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
If I remember right, the Binding coils of Bahamut, is the hardest dungeon of the game right now. Umm... Is there any requirement on joining? (Beside filling the form of course) Because I'm on level 10. I don't think I can participate in raiding anytime soon. ^^
We don't require that you run raids. You can just join to be social. Actually I'd say most of Unity's members are social members. We have about 60-ish members and only about 20-25 of them actively run endgame content.

You can apply on the website I linked in the post above.
Old 2014-01-07, 23:15   Link #1331
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I can verify it's a nice guild to hang out with (though I've AWOL a month thanks to Real Life and Holidays). Hoping to start back up with my characters sometime this month.
Old 2014-01-08, 03:30   Link #1332
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I can verify it's a nice guild to hang out with (though I've AWOL a month thanks to Real Life and Holidays). Hoping to start back up with my characters sometime this month.
I've flagged you as inactive so nobody accidentally discharges you during roster clean-up.
Old 2014-01-08, 16:47   Link #1333
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Thanks ... I'm in the middle of final edits for volume two and it's rather a swamp of angry alligators.
Old 2014-01-08, 22:26   Link #1334
night_sentinel

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to level more before I apply. That and I need to convince my new friend to apply as well. ^^

Anyway, I'm getting strangely addicted to fishing. Its strangely relaxing. I'm enjoying it too much to the point that its in higher level than my main. lol.

I just wished that the its more useful. I looked up in some of the fishes I caught and 80% of them has no use. I have 99+ of Lominsan Anchovy and the like just sitting on my inventory. Hopefully, I'm wrong about this. But, if not, I'll still continue fishing, I really love it.
Old 2014-01-08, 22:47   Link #1335
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Higher level fish sold quite high pricewise in my server(especially those damn corals, and sharks), and when you're above level 48(?), you have a chance to get treasure map(need to do quest first to read the map though), which can give you pretty good money (again, not sure how it is in legacy server which I think balmung is).
Old 2014-01-12, 11:45   Link #1336
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

<long post incoming>
I am still on Hyperion and recently hit 50 finally on lancer/dragoon and Leatherworking, and quite enjoyed the story so far finished what was out prior to 2.1 and stopped at thornmatch atm, the game play is pretty good too, and the music has general meet or pasted my expectation. Oh and the graphics look nice now that I have a card that can afford to have settings decently up .

And I've done Crystal Tower, the 50 dungeons (including new 3), and the hard mode primals even managed to titan HM today to finish my relic:
Images
yay relic!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Though honestly after reading all the complaining I found dodging Titan hard mode skills much more manageable than compared Haukke Manor (Hard)'s Halicarnassus her dam Dark Mist feels extremely difficult to dodge as a melee if you don't react instantly to the cast due to the size and speed, I'd commonly get hit when I am 10 feet out of the circle, I mean it doesn't 1 hit-kill but still ugh .

Lastly I tried my hand at Ultima (hard) and Coil Turn 1, but haven't been successful on those yet, though feel I could down them with a decent group since I got the fights down in the failing groups. Waiting to upgrade my relic to Zenith before I dare look at the Extreme modes of the primal fights.

P.S. Has anyone done Pharos Sirius? Jesus that dungeon should drop at least i65 gear, not i60 gear for that madness.

P.S.S. Has anyone done the New Years Horse Event? I found it pretty hilarious with the horse-bird talks, absurdity of the quests, and general poking fun at how Final Fanasty lacks Horse .
</long post>
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 21:58   Link #1337
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Finished sirius. As a scholar, that dungeon is a nightmare since you have to top-up a person's hp to max if you don't wan them to become charmed. I really hate i when I get sirius when I do duty roullete.

I also failed Ultima and extreme Garuda(although I really came close to finishing both, already cleared the last repeating phase several times, but someone messed up and caused a wipe ), but I managed to clear turn 1 with relatively newbie group. Haven't tried turn 2 yet though >_<
Old 2014-01-13, 03:03   Link #1338
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i did ultima blind as a brd, but most of the guys knew the fight, so we beat him 5x....didnt get a ring for myself though, turn 2 is easy using enrage strat with 3 healers and a brd
Old 2014-01-13, 03:20   Link #1339
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Ultima is a nightmare as a healer(and maybe black mage too) during the funnel phase. Running away from funnel's attack make me unable to cast anything and make the tank died. If it's only the tank who took damage, it's still manageable, but once you add DPS who accidently late to dodge the laser, it become instant nightmare Is there a trick to be safe from the funnel attack to cast?
Old 2014-01-13, 19:20   Link #1340
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Finally beat titan ex, and to boot, the castor earring dropped. Now I only need my pants for full i90! And on to Ifrit!

Tags
mmorpg