Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-20, 04:32   Link #1
donminuto
anmesia :s

Embed anime here.

I'm suggesting that if the moderators can add a section for videos.And also a question section for questions like where to watch full episodes of anime. thx
Old 2009-08-20, 04:40   Link #2
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

This is a torrent based site. Go to the frontpage for a listing of torrents. There's also discussion about series all over the forum. Things not listed here are typically licensed, thus it's "illegal" (or at least 'wrong') to share them online unless on a legit site like the reborn Crunchyroll, or Funimation's.

Also, streaming is a terrible option that people need to wake up from; the fad needs to die already.
Old 2009-08-20, 07:53   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I don't think streaming will be going away any time soon.

@donminuto
Crunchyroll is the only place that streams licensed shows; other streaming sites are usually redistributing fansubs. In many cases those streams are illegal distributions of fansubs for licensed shows, a practice AS (and I) don't support.

How AS treats streams has been discussed a number of times here. Questions like yours about site policies belong in the Forum and Site Feedback forum. Here's a recent discussion about streaming that addresses some of your questions.

May I also suggest that you get rid of the yellow italic font and just use the normal default font most of the rest of us employ? I had to highlight your posting with my mouse just to read it, a practice I won't repeat. If you want to communicate, it's best to use the clearest and easiest-to-read text. Leave the artistry to avatars and signatures.
Old 2009-08-20, 17:22   Link #4
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
For the most part, this site is just an information resource...it really doesn't do anything beyond that. It's a place to gain knowledge about anything related anime--what series to look out for, who is subbing what, and other basic information like seeing if things for sale are legitimate or not. I can't even count, the number of series that I heard people talking about, before I decided to check them out, and then went, wow, this is really good--a few went straight to my must buy list when they are released, namely Dennou Coil and Kure-nai of late. Like SeijiSensei suggests, if you want legal streams, go to Crunchyroll--anywhere else and you are on the wrong side of the law. The moderation is somewhat strict, but I actually rather enjoy it because it reduces the number of inane posts.

Needless to say, I find this community really helpful and relatively mature. I'd never have though for example, 1 dollar manga could be real, but after talking to some people here, I took a risk, ordered some online, and sure enough, it was. That type of information, you really can't put a price on.
Closed Thread