AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-06-12, 08:10   Link #1701
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Just saying, but if at least half of the Earth kids don't die to some random explosion while in the middle of battle, I will call bullshit plot armor because that would go against what Gundam does.

Suletta at the very least should end up in a vegetable state, half of the cast should just die because they are stupid kids that shouldn't be there, the adults will clearly all die and the villains should all die except for that one piece of shit that will outlive everyone else for some reason.
Dude, it's not Zeta Gundam. There's been plenty of child soldiers who survived in other Gundam shows.

That being said, it's odd that Delling survived but spent the entire season in a coma. Honestly, if he doesn't do something then why not kill him?

Last edited by Twi; 2023-06-12 at 14:38.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-12, 08:34   Link #1702
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Suletta keeps insisting that Prospera is a good mother. Really confused with her now. Thought she was easily manipulated but Prsopera is not present
Old 2023-06-12, 08:41   Link #1703
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
- ~organ pipe music~ "That's Quiet Zero!?"
- fleet soldier2: "What do we do?"
- fleet commander: "We will capture it, as planned. It will make good evidence for our case against Benerit" - fleet move toward Quiet Zero
I stand corrected

Quote:
Prospera baited nobody, she didn't know the SAL fleet was there when Aerial connected to Quiet Zero and powered up and the SAL fleet had the order to capture Quiet Zero if they found it.

The order of the scenes in the episode:
Scene 1. Quiet zero power up (zero mention of SAL fleet)
It is very suspicious that Prospy would charge QZ right when SAL fleet was still in search mode looking for QZ. Prospy actually made SAL search easier by making QZ detectable & light-up like a lighthouse in the dark. That's why I call it baiting. At the very least, Prospera knowingly announced her QZ location so that SAL can go there faster/accelerate QZ from being found. That can also be called baiting/luring.
Old 2023-06-12, 08:45   Link #1704
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It is very suspicious that Prospy would charge QZ right when SAL fleet was still in search mode looking QZ. Prospy actually made SAL search easier by making QZ detectable & light-up like a lighthouse in the dark. That's why I call it baiting. At the very least, Prospera knowingly announced her QZ location so that SAL can go there faster/accelerate QZ from being found. That can also be called baiting/luring.
SAL fleet wasn't yet in search range when Quiet Zero powered up. It's all shown in the episode, we can see the fleet "radar" and it spotting Quiet Zero once it get in range of it. I'm starting to wonder if you actually watched the episode at this point.

Last edited by azarhal; 2023-06-12 at 09:02.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-12, 09:17   Link #1705
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
SAL fleet wasn't yet in search range when Quiet Zero powered up. It's all shown in the episode, we can see the fleet "radar" and it spotting Quiet Zero once it get in range of it. I'm starting to wonder if you actually watched the episode at this point.
QZ was charging/powered up (whatever you call it) the moment we saw Aerial activated inside of it. And that was before we saw SAL fleet search

That's why I call it baiting/luring. You announced your position for your target to come to you.
Old 2023-06-12, 09:21   Link #1706
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Will wonders never cease:

Spoiler:
What goes around comes around.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-12, 09:25   Link #1707
Kazu-kun

Quote:
QZ was charging/powered up (watever you call it) the moment we saw Aerial activated inside of it. And that was before we saw SAL fleet search

That's why I call it baiting/luring. You announced your position for your target to come to.
There's another possibility. Prospera says ikimashou so maybe they were powering up to mobilize Quiet Zero, probably towards Earth.

We'll have to wait for next episode to see if my assumption gets confirmed though.
Old 2023-06-12, 09:28   Link #1708
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
There's another possibility. Prospera says ikimashou so maybe they were powering up to mobilize Quiet Zero, probably towards Earth.

We'll have to wait for next episode to see if my assumption gets confirmed though.
Prospera can do both tbh.

She can bait that SAL fleet for QZ target practice before going further with her plan.
Old 2023-06-12, 09:41   Link #1709
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
That being said, it's odd that Delling survived but spent the entire season in a coma. Honestly, if he doesn't do something then why not kill him?
He an the antagonist of every factions before the series started:
- He made the Benerit Group what it is today which the SAL wants to destroy/dismantle and Quiet Zero was his project.
- He's less or more the one behind war partitioning on Earth going by Rajan complaining the system didn't bring order like he wanted.
- He's behind the military assaults against the Vanadis Institute.
- Vim accused him of stealing something at the end of the first cour too (it's not clear what exactly).

The only loyal faction to him is Dominicus and that might even be limited now, since Cathedra was mentioned to second SAL against Benerit last episode.

Had he been walking around, he would probably have stomped SAL's ambitions quickly thought and be the one in control of Quiet Zero. So he will probably want to take back control once he wakes up. I can see him being setup up as a potential sequel antagonist.

Or we have all been mislead and the play The Tempest haven't even started yet...since it start with a storm controlled by Ariel that shipewreck ships and trap a bunch of people on an island.

Last edited by azarhal; 2023-06-12 at 10:01.
Old 2023-06-12, 09:56   Link #1710
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

On a side note, we see the bullies came back this episode:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-06-12, 10:30   Link #1711
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Prospera can do both tbh.

She can bait that SAL fleet for QZ target practice before going further with her plan.
While it is possible, I don't think that's how things are supposed to be interpreted because there wasn't any scene of the staff in QZ detecting the SAL fleet before powering up. We do have a scene like that from SAL though. This suggests the order of events is as follow:

QZ powers up to mobilize > SAL detects QZ > QZ detects SAL fleet > SAL attacks > QZ defends.

But I guess people are gonna believe what they want to believe, specially since Prospera is quite the controversial character.
Old 2023-06-12, 10:48   Link #1712
azarhal

Someone made a fan art of Gundam Calibarn on twitter based on what was shown in the show and now I can't unsee the coffin shaped front it has.

It also means all the Mercuries will be in metamorphical coffins soon, because Quiet Zero is coffin shaped too.
Old 2023-06-12, 12:42   Link #1713
Frontier

I'm assuming we're going to see Prospera escalating with Quiet Zero in the next episode to justify trying to stop her.
Old 2023-06-12, 13:16   Link #1714
Xeiros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'm assuming we're going to see Prospera escalating with Quiet Zero in the next episode to justify trying to stop her.
Yeah wiping out an entire space fleet in about two minutes, the single largest on screen loss of life in the series so far, but that's not enough of a reason for you?

Every mobile suit in the fleet was a life. We have no way of knowing the crew size of the various warships but you'd need a a decent sized one to man them. Across the entire fleet you're a looking at anywhere between a few hundred to over a thousand causalities.

Those few seconds took all the other incidents that resulted in loss of life and made them look positively tame both in the time it took and the damage that was done.

The story doesn't have much time left to work with. You may need her to kill a few thousand more people with her doomsday weapon before you believe others would either want to stop to prevent further mass loss of life or get their hands on that power for themselves, but I sure has hell don't.

Prospera practically announced to the entire galaxy with her act of relation. "Look at me. I’m the captain now. You try to steal my ship, I won’t hesitant to wipe you from existence the same way I destroyed that fleet." Those two short minute made QZ the single most important and dangerous hotspot in the galaxy. Next to it, nothing else matters right now.

We see Guel absolutely flabbergasted in disbelief. Miorine head in her hands as she struggles to fathom the massive loss of life. Meanwhile you - I wonder when Propsera is gonna do something like uh real bad to like uh give the other characters a reason to want to stop her. Any minute now ...

Last edited by Xeiros; 2023-06-12 at 13:32.
Xeiros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-12, 15:31   Link #1715
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
  • It's a "magical technology" that we're talking about. They can always "dust it off" and do some fixing to use it again. And this won't be the first time that an "older prototype was sealed coz it's too strong for any pilot to handle compared to the newest models". Remember the Tallgeese & Wing Gundam Zero.
There's a reason I hated Gundam Wing and never finished it. (That's not actually the reason, but it could have been.)

Quote:
  • I mean, Martin & ChuChu already told you: they don't want to leave Suletta going alone & got killed. Whether or not it's worth risking their lives is really up to them.
I just feel they should have tried a bit harder to convince Suletta not to let the (government? corporate?) stooge talk her into risking her life to kill her mother instead of enabling it.

Quote:
The problem is, we don't know what Prospera will do with Quiet Zero other than making a world for Eri to roam free.
I don't know what the world leaders will do with the nuclear codes either. You learn to live with those uncertainties. More importantly, stopping Prospera now doesn't get rid of Quiet Zero. It just puts it in the hands of SAL. (With at best some delay while they build their own.) So, like I said, why not let Prospera win?

Quote:
The first thing that she did with QZ is killing an entire armada that didn't even target her in the first place. That SAL fleet went to bag Benerit but Prospy swooped in with her QZ and used them as target practice.
I know you've already conceded the point, but that felt really disingenuous.

Quote:
Knowing that, I can see why Suletta wants to meet Prospy & Eri eye-to-eye and talk to them (for the last time). Maybe Suletta can find out what will Prospy plan to do next, and if it's something really really bad, Suletta might try to stop her with whatever Gundam & resources at her disposal. The point is, Suletta wants to meet & talk to them first (with precaution).
Bringing a monster gundam in that shit show is much less cautious than bringing an open flame to a firework factory. She'd be risking her life just to pilot it at all, and giving Eri a reason to shoot her dead before she even knows it's her. Not to mention after, if the talks go wrong.

Quote:
I stand corrected

It is very suspicious that Prospy would charge QZ right when SAL fleet was still in search mode looking for QZ. Prospy actually made SAL search easier by making QZ detectable & light-up like a lighthouse in the dark. That's why I call it baiting. At the very least, Prospera knowingly announced her QZ location so that SAL can go there faster/accelerate QZ from being found. That can also be called baiting/luring.
That's just dramatic timing. Of all the coincidences driving various plots in anime, it feels silly to focus on that, when it wouldn't have changed anything if she'd powered up hours earlier and just lived her life before SAL came into sensor range.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-12, 15:34   Link #1716
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeiros View Post
Yeah wiping out an entire space fleet in about two minutes, the single largest on screen loss of life in the series so far, but that's not enough of a reason for you?

Every mobile suit in the fleet was a life. We have no way of knowing the crew size of the various warships but you'd need a a decent sized one to man them. Across the entire fleet you're a looking at anywhere between a few hundred to over a thousand causalities.

Those few seconds took all the other incidents that resulted in loss of life and made them look positively tame both in the time it took and the damage that was done.

The story doesn't have much time left to work with. You may need her to kill a few thousand more people with her doomsday weapon before you believe others would either want to stop to prevent further mass loss of life or get their hands on that power for themselves, but I sure has hell don't.

Prospera practically announced to the entire galaxy with her act of relation. "Look at me. I’m the captain now. You try to steal my ship, I won’t hesitant to wipe you from existence the same way I destroyed that fleet." Those two short minute made QZ the single most important and dangerous hotspot in the galaxy. Next to it, nothing else matters right now.

We see Guel absolutely flabbergasted in disbelief. Miorine head in her hands as she struggles to fathom the massive loss of life. Meanwhile you - I wonder when Propsera is gonna do something like uh real bad to like uh give the other characters a reason to want to stop her. Any minute now ...
For what it's worth I was always down for stopping Prospera .
Old 2023-06-12, 17:09   Link #1717
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Dude, it's not Zeta Gundam. There's been plenty of child soldiers who survived in other Gundam shows.

Maybe it should learn a thing or two from it, at least Zeta was interesting to watch.
Old 2023-06-12, 18:42   Link #1718
Key Board
Carbon

Gwitch was made to reform Gundam's image that was damaged because newer audience were put off by characters needlessly dying. They didn't outright say it, but it implies IBO and Thunderbolt. It's in the interviews. And in my opinion it's also to pushback against the "girls don't belong in gundam, and if they do they are a mary sue character" toxic crowd

Delling dying feels like a diversion from the Tempest, but than again, it is Father's day next Sunday

My opinion on Caliban is that Schwarzette was Gunpla exec mandated. "we need a Jeturk gundam in this show make it happen" They only had time to properly introduce one more gundam, so they ignored Caliban because gunpla mandate takes priority.

But it seems the storyboarding team hated the idea, because it's going to Lauda out of all people. A decision that won't make anyone happy.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2023-06-12 at 19:02.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-12, 19:20   Link #1719
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
My opinion on Caliban is that Schwarzette was Gunpla exec mandated. "we need a Jeturk gundam in this show make it happen" They only had time to properly introduce one more gundam, so they ignored Caliban because gunpla mandate takes priority.

But it seems the storyboarding team hated the idea, because it's going to Lauda out of all people. A decision that won't make anyone happy.

//
Lauda might not "pilot it", since Schwarzette gunpla permet score colors have been blue and purple in the gunpla sale displays.

And Vanadis Heart mention that implants are needed to pilot a Gundam as well has training so the pilot can support multiple cognitions at the same time.
Old 2023-06-12, 19:51   Link #1720
Key Board
Carbon

Gunpla can lie.

Where are Darilbalde's purple beam sabers?

my Schwarzette theory is that will not be involved in the final battle at all.
It will come after everything is done to fight a battle damaged Aerial or Caliban

Just like GN Flag vs Exia

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote