AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-26, 12:30   Link #1
Enodu_2

Tsunade's fight

During the Oro fight w/ Tsunade she keeps on punching him over and over, but she mentions something along the lines of "I keep hitting him and hitting him, but something is strange." Was she referring to her power being drained (at her limit), or the fact that Oro is immortal? If he's immortal it means Tsunade's punches would do shit all, right?
Enodu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 12:37   Link #2
ShikamaruSama
Official Cloud Watcher

Send a message via AIM to ShikamaruSama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enodu_2
During the Oro fight w/ Tsunade she keeps on punching him over and over, but she mentions something along the lines of "I keep hitting him and hitting him, but something is strange." Was she referring to her power being drained (at her limit), or the fact that Oro is immortal? If he's immortal it means Tsunade's punches would do shit all, right?
Spoiler:
ShikamaruSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 12:47   Link #3
Satoru

Well, in the manga she punshed him once and knocked him out.
She lifted the huge Gamabunta sword, too. That was pretty freaky. So, I guess they just overdid it with Orochimaru's toughness in the anime. Doesn't mean much.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 13:08   Link #4
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enodu_2
What she means is that something doesn't feel right, something feels different, it is almost as if she is fighting another person. Off course a few minutes later she discovers that Orochimaru has a body switch tchnique which explains her ankward feeling. At the same moment Jiraiya says the same thing : he says it didn't feel exactly like Oro during the fight.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 13:47   Link #5
ShikamaruSama
Official Cloud Watcher

Send a message via AIM to ShikamaruSama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
What she means is that something doesn't feel right, something feels different, it is almost as if she is fighting another person. Off course a few minutes later she discovers that Orochimaru has a body switch tchnique which explains her ankward feeling. At the same moment Jiraiya says the same thing : he says it didn't feel exactly like Oro during the fight.
Oh yeah. I forgot that happened.
ShikamaruSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 14:06   Link #6
Unit01

Didn't the anime also show tsunades arm changing physical shape during the battle? As if her body was beginning to return to her real age
Unit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 14:32   Link #7
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
wasn't that after the battle??
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 17:43   Link #8
Yakushi-san

Yes, it was after the battle.
Yakushi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 20:32   Link #9
NeoKakashi
Copy-Ninja NeoKakashi

Send a message via AIM to NeoKakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit01
Didn't the anime also show tsunades arm changing physical shape during the battle? As if her body was beginning to return to her real age
Was that not in the manga?
NeoKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 20:46   Link #10
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

lol indeed this scene is in the manga as well
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 02:34   Link #11
NeoKakashi
Copy-Ninja NeoKakashi

Send a message via AIM to NeoKakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
lol indeed this scene is in the manga as well
OK, it's just that I can't remember that far back
NeoKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 04:34   Link #12
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit01
If you mean that her muscles become strained after she misses her blow on Orochimaru-sama after pulling him up to her using his tongue, then yup, that happens in ep 96. You can see her muscles strain themselves and she's all panting after that. Damn pretty in that scene too, might I add......
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 06:43   Link #13
Yakushi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
If you mean that her muscles become strained after she misses her blow on Orochimaru-sama after pulling him up to her using his tongue, then yup, that happens in ep 96. You can see her muscles strain themselves and she's all panting after that. Damn pretty in that scene too, might I add......
I think he meant when you just see the arm, and it turns... old. Then she tells Naruto and the others that she will return to her young self after a bit of rest.
Old 2004-09-27, 11:01   Link #14
M3velez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushi-san
I think he meant when you just see the arm, and it turns... old. Then she tells Naruto and the others that she will return to her young self after a bit of rest.
she tells Jiraiya and her apprentice and not naruto, since Naruto was out at that time.
M3velez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 21:04   Link #15
Yakushi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3velez
she tells Jiraiya and her apprentice and not naruto, since Naruto was out at that time.
Whatever. I made my point.
Old 2004-10-05, 02:43   Link #16
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Wow great thread, only nobody other than 7thMethuselah touched on the main thing I saw. I watched this a couple times already and it appears she's sensing it's not the same old Orichimaru. She's noticing like Jiraiya did that something is not the same. At the end Oro's face is all broken and the jutsu is visible.

Jiraiya says, that monsters must have used jutsu to take over another's body. Tsunade was punching him but it wasn't taking the effect it did on his old self so she realized there's something not right, that this orochimaru was not the same as before actually.
kiai is offline   Reply With Quote