AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-25, 01:24   Link #1
Gunboat Diplomat
Honey Flash!

Why is Orochimaru still so powerful?

Has it irked anyone else to realize that the third, Sarutobi sacrificed his life using the ultimate jutsu to cripple Orochimaru, only to have him still be powerful enough to take on the other two sennins, Tsunadi and Jiraiya.
It just seems ridiculous...
Gunboat Diplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 01:39   Link #2
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunboat Diplomat
Has it irked anyone else to realize that the third, Sarutobi sacrificed his life using the ultimate jutsu to cripple Orochimaru, only to have him still be powerful enough to take on the other two sennins, Tsunadi and Jiraiya.
He couldn't take on either of the sannin. Well maybe Jiraiya who was jutsu/thinking/whatever crippled, I would say in a worse state than Oro especially since all the things Oro did couldn't be done without Kabuto a full capable Jounin. Against Tsunade... how did he stand up to her? She got over her phobia shut Manda up then punched Oro once severly hurting him and forcing him to leave.

So no he didn't stand up to any of the Sannin with his strength alone. And with the help of Kabuto he could stand up to a drugged Jiraiya.

All of them at full strenth who knows who would win.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 01:42   Link #3
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
He couldn't take on either of the sannin. Well maybe Jiraiya who was jutsu/thinking/whatever crippled, I would say in a worse state than Oro especially since all the things Oro did couldn't be done without Kabuto a full capable Jounin. Against Tsunade... how did he stand up to her? She got over her phobia shut Manda up then punched Oro once severly hurting him and forcing him to leave.

So no he didn't stand up to any of the Sannin with his strength alone. And with the help of Kabuto he could stand up to a drugged Jiraiya.

All of them at full strenth who knows who would win.
What he said.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 01:47   Link #4
Kayess
Guy From Canada

That is why I hate the way the fight was portrayed by the anime.. it showed Oro standing up to MANY hits from Tsunade... but in the manga, one hit finished him.
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 02:17   Link #5
Sabaku no Gaara
OMG ****ing EMONINJA ><

Send a message via AIM to Sabaku no Gaara Send a message via MSN to Sabaku no Gaara
even if he's a cripple, he's still a Sannin. Not ALL of his power goes to waste. Even though he was primarily a jutsu fighter.
Sabaku no Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 02:25   Link #6
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
Because Jiraiya was still doped up thanks to Tsunade, and Tsunade was mentally unstable, and Kabuto was hopped up on soldier pills. Oro wasn't the only one who was crippled basically...
Cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 11:42   Link #7
fzz

Send a message via ICQ to fzz Send a message via MSN to fzz
he cant use his arms
doesnt means hes slow or weak he cant fight with his arms thats why he uses his legs and snake (the one in his mouth)
and still has a shitload of chakra offcourse
fzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 11:45   Link #8
Captain_Dope

Just because Orochimaru cant use his arms does not mean he is helpless. He is still a Sannin. Let him have his arms healed and then have a rematch with Tsunade to see who wins.
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 11:55   Link #9
Last of the Uchiha

Oro(A Sannin without jutsus) and Kabuto (a Jounin)

vs.

Jiraiya (a Sannin with jutsus but a little fucked up), Tsunade(a Sannin but with phobia) Shizune (a Jounin) and Naruto (with a power of a Jounin)

You do the math, 2 vs 4
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 11:55   Link #10
Yakushi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunboat Diplomat
My guesses:

1: He has Kabuto at his side, who also knew Tsunade's weaknesses.
2: Jiraiya was unable to control his chakra too well, because of Tsunades potion that she slipped into his drink.
3: Orochimaru and Kabuto were able to summon 2 large snakes, while Jiraiya could only summon Gamakichi and Tsunade was already affected by her fear of blood.
4: Orochimaru is able to use Taijutsu (which require no seals) at a higher level because of his snake-like being that allows him to stretch his bodyparts.
5: Orochimaru is amazing, and can get around many obstacles. You remember what he said at his departure, rght? "This is immortality. This is the real me. I am immortal". Who knows?
6: I guess you can concider Orochimaru a Shaman... Damage does not quite have the same effects on him as it does everyone else.
Yakushi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 12:07   Link #11
Hideki Keiji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
Oro(A Sannin without jutsus) and Kabuto (a Jounin)

vs.

Jiraiya (a Sannin with jutsus but a little fucked up), Tsunade(a Sannin but with phobia) Shizune (a Jounin) and Naruto (with a power of a Jounin)

You do the math, 2 vs 4
Actually it's more like:
Oro(A sannin without jutsus) and Kabuto (elite jounin level)

vs.

Jiraiya (a sannin with jutsus that dont work like they should and a partially paralyzed body), Tsunade(a sannin with a phobia that completely immobolizes her), Shizune (a regular jounin), and Naruto(a inexperienced genin with the chakra of a jounin and a few good jutsus(but bad chakra control)).
Sure, it's two vs. four, but it's still pretty fair, IMO.
Hideki Keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 12:10   Link #12
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideki Keiji
Actually it's more like:
Oro(A sannin without jutsus) and Kabuto (elite jounin level)

vs.

Jiraiya (a sannin with jutsus that dont work like they should and a partially paralyzed body), Tsunade(a sannin with a phobia that completely immobolizes her), Shizune (a regular jounin), and Naruto(a inexperienced genin with the chakra of a jounin and a few good jutsus(but bad chakra control)).
Sure, it's two vs. four, but it's still pretty fair, IMO.
Yeah right, tell that to somebody else, because i'm not buying that, especially the fair part.
Old 2004-09-25, 12:11   Link #13
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Quote:
Naruto(a inexperienced genin with the chakra of a jounin)
Noone got as much chakra as Naruto does... Not even the Hokage.
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 12:15   Link #14
swerv
Stay Up

Oro and Kabuto got beat. What's to complain about?
Old 2004-09-25, 12:17   Link #15
Hideki Keiji

Quote:
Yeah right, tell that to somebody else, because i'm not buying that, especially the fair part.
All right, I'll concede the point that they were outnumbered. But if the fight wasn't in Oro and Kabuto's favor why were they winning? Until Tsunade got over her phobia, her side was losing. All of the sannin there were handicapped in some way. Kabuto took Tsunade, Shizune, and Naruto out of the fight by himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen
Noone got as much chakra as Naruto does... Not even the Hokage.
Where do you get that from? No one has as much chakra as the demon fox. Naruto, on his own, doesn't even have enough chakra to summon gamabunta. Jiraiya does have enough, and he is a kage level ninja(or close).
Old 2004-09-25, 12:24   Link #16
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
All right, I'll concede the point that they were outnumbered. But if the fight wasn't in Oro and Kabuto's favor why were they winning? Until Tsunade got over her phobia, her side was losing. All of the sannin there were handicapped in some way. Kabuto took Tsunade, Shizune, and Naruto out of the fight by himself.
The point i was bringing was not who would win and who would not, is the fact that they(Oro and Kabuto) were able to hold their ground as long as they did, as they were outnumber.
Old 2004-09-25, 12:30   Link #17
Hideki Keiji

Quote:
The point i was bringing was not who would win and who would not, is the fact that they(Oro and Kabuto) were able to hold their ground as long as they did, as they were outnumber.
Their foes were handicapped or weaker then them, that's my point. They were outnumbered, but they were stronger than their opponnets. They weren't just holding their ground, they were winning.
Old 2004-09-25, 12:49   Link #18
BrownRukus

The reason he is smart becuase he doesn't stop training or developing new jutsu's. Look and Tsunade and Jiraiya, they just laze around until it's time to fight. Orochimaru is a person that triesto acheive the highest standard of a ninja and by doing so he goes on his little missions, even thought they are evil, he still get a lil training. No arms? who cares Hes got his Neck and his Legs and i wouldn't be surprised if he can bring out the swrod and control it with his tounge.

He is simply the strongest Sannin.
BrownRukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 12:55   Link #19
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
Kabuto done the most damage, Orochimaru didn't really do much other than get beaten by Tsunade who wasn't able to hit as hard as she could due to reaching her limit.

Orochimaru just managed to dodge and stand there while Kabuto and The snake summon (whos name i've forgotten) done most of the work. He didn't actully stand up to them much, just dodged and stuff.
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 13:05   Link #20
Unit01

Oro still has his melee abilities (as has been mentioned), he bit jiraiya
He still has a huge chakra reserve, and he probably still has some powerful jutsus that require no seal formation.

Anyone else noticed that all sannin's are a bit off road?
One is a peeping pervert
One is an obsessive gambler
One is evil
But then again, wouldn't be fun if they were all good and protected konoha
Unit01 is offline   Reply With Quote