Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-21, 16:15   Link #1521
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Unfortunately I'm still stuck on Twintania... about half the group is good enough to beat it, while the other half is seriously holding us back in terms of skill. But when it's friends there's not much you can do but just go with it...
I separated from my 1-4 static because we weren't making progress on T5 (though we were pugging like half the team sometimes...), getting into a group that's already downing it consistently made life so much easier. Up until then I was clearing with pugs, something I REALLY didn't want to waste time on anymore (it takes so fucking long to find a kill group, even with useful LSs).
Old 2014-03-21, 17:00   Link #1522
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I separated from my 1-4 static because we weren't making progress on T5 (though we were pugging like half the team sometimes...), getting into a group that's already downing it consistently made life so much easier. Up until then I was clearing with pugs, something I REALLY didn't want to waste time on anymore (it takes so fucking long to find a kill group, even with useful LSs).
Personally I much prefer to stick with friends than skip out to clear a fight to get something that'd be obsolete in a few months anyway.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 19:42   Link #1523
Alchemist007
*Author

I hang out with my pals anyways, the only thing that's changed is a couple hours of pointless grinding is avoided. Also with 2.2 coming next week, you can repeat 1-5 all you want. You won't be able to even try T6+ without a T5 clear.
Old 2014-03-22, 00:13   Link #1524
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
It's not just a static; I run a Free Company and being the leader if I were to just skip out on them to get a T5 clear it would pretty much be a major insult. So I just have to deal, lol.
Old 2014-03-22, 02:19   Link #1525
Alchemist007
*Author

Depends on when you're running. If the last day feasible with the static is say a Friday, you can try to get a clear the remaining two days with pugs.

But if you're not really as intent on it then you can always just wait for the echo buffs and try with the same people. Though I don't think even that buff will do anything if people are getting hit by dbs, twisters, and dreadknights (unless they change them).
Old 2014-03-22, 05:10   Link #1526
Jaden

Quote:
It's not just a static; I run a Free Company and being the leader if I were to just skip out on them to get a T5 clear it would pretty much be a major insult. So I just have to deal, lol.
If your people want to make it a priority to clear content in a timely fashion, they must accept you calling out mistakes and picking a team for greater chance of success.

Being a bitch in a way that makes people respect you is a very difficult thing to do, though. And of course, if your members joined the FC on a casual premise, it'd be unreasonable to suddenly go all hardcore..
Old 2014-03-22, 13:36   Link #1527
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
If your people want to make it a priority to clear content in a timely fashion, they must accept you calling out mistakes and picking a team for greater chance of success.

Being a bitch in a way that makes people respect you is a very difficult thing to do, though. And of course, if your members joined the FC on a casual premise, it'd be unreasonable to suddenly go all hardcore..
We're not a hardcore raiding FC, so no, I can't really do this without violating most of my own rules. The point of the company is to raid, but not at such an extreme high end level; things are pretty lenient.

Problem is we've got some members who are more hardcore than others and there's some stress over the dragon not dying. Personally I don't care, I'm just bored, been fighting Twintania for almost two months now and I wanna do something else... we've completely neglected the extreme primals after Garuda as a result of this constant focus on Twintania.
Old 2014-03-23, 05:03   Link #1528
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Problem is we've got some members who are more hardcore than others and there's some stress over the dragon not dying. Personally I don't care, I'm just bored, been fighting Twintania for almost two months now and I wanna do something else... we've completely neglected the extreme primals after Garuda as a result of this constant focus on Twintania.
You might want to consider doing those, since they're required for moogle and levi EX fights according to the patch note .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 11:25   Link #1529
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Finally finished with all extreme primals XD. Titan is definitely the hardest for me, since I have to take into account the lag too, but as a healer, Ifrit is also a little annoying to beat. Luckily, I got a very good team from DF and managed to clear it XD. Looking forward to Levi-chan and Moogle-chan next patch ^_^
Old 2014-03-24, 09:35   Link #1530
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Ifrit drives me up a wall. People start blowing up 2-3 nails at once, tanks start getting 5 stacks and healers(me) get blamed for not keeping everyone up with 3 or more vulnerability debuffs.

I can do Titan. But ugh iIfrit. AND that healing bracelet is better than the Allagan one and the bard in my static keeps showing it off to me since they do stuff while I'm at work (curse you pacific time)

My group is still on Twintania. But we're making decent (if late) progress so I think its alright. Echo buff in hit points and damage won't stop you from getting one shotted by mechanics so I think turn 5 will still be a great challenge to most players.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 14:35   Link #1531
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Ifrit drives me up a wall. People start blowing up 2-3 nails at once, tanks start getting 5 stacks and healers(me) get blamed for not keeping everyone up with 3 or more vulnerability debuffs.

I can do Titan. But ugh iIfrit. AND that healing bracelet is better than the Allagan one and the bard in my static keeps showing it off to me since they do stuff while I'm at work (curse you pacific time)

My group is still on Twintania. But we're making decent (if late) progress so I think its alright. Echo buff in hit points and damage won't stop you from getting one shotted by mechanics so I think turn 5 will still be a great challenge to most players.
The echo buff will most ease the conflags, snakes, and dreads since more dmg to get thru them faster, but won't really help with twisters, divebombs, or such.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 03:56   Link #1532
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

The bit my group derped on the most was conflags. We're making really rapid progress on Phase 4 now that the derpiness seems to be worked out... though people are still tunnel visioning and getting blown up by twisters.
Old 2014-03-25, 07:01   Link #1533
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
The bit my group derped on the most was conflags. We're making really rapid progress on Phase 4 now that the derpiness seems to be worked out... though people are still tunnel visioning and getting blown up by twisters.
Does anyone call it when Twisters are coming? If people can't respond to audio queues, then they are tunneling super hard.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 08:04   Link #1534
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I am still looking for a T5 party before the update starts.

EDIT : I just learned how to heal all 3 teams at once in CT. The other 2 teams' healers keep dying. *facepalm*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2014-03-25 at 10:17.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 22:30   Link #1535
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Finally downed T5!!!! And just in time for the patch too.
Old 2014-03-26, 05:36   Link #1536
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Does anyone call it when Twisters are coming? If people can't respond to audio queues, then they are tunneling super hard.
Yup, our raid leader calls 'em out. People still get hit. I don't really get it. It only took me a few minutes to figure out how twisters worked and how to avoid them. Just move when you see the cast bar, then don't retrace your steps for a few seconds. It's not rocket science.
Old 2014-03-26, 19:14   Link #1537
kyp275
Meh

O heavens, what has BLM/SMN done to deserve this terrible fate known as the Evenstar gear? ._.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 20:31   Link #1538
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
O heavens, what has BLM/SMN done to deserve this terrible fate known as the Evenstar gear? ._.
I think it's pretty hilarious. My static is never going to let me live that down, though (dat tutu..).

:[
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 21:10   Link #1539
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

With glamour system, you can change the appearance to anything that you like now!!
Old 2014-03-26, 21:25   Link #1540
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
I can't seem to find any image regarding it. What's wrong with it?

Tags
mmorpg