*Scanlator

bit of topic here but Sony Ericsson announced Xperia play

50 games on launch

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play available in March, on Verizon in 'early spring'

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 22:17   Link #84
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

its gonna be about 400-500 US dollars... I'll pass and wait on about 3 or 4 price cuts.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 00:27   Link #85
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

If you guys ask me, it is going to end like the Nokia Ngage.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 00:33   Link #86
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well, XPeria Play is trying to capitalise on being the first Playstation Suite recognised and design-ready product, but it's a bit beyond just that, really.

Playstation Suite reaching out to the Android handheld market is not so much restricted compared to the NGage series, and so long as Sony bothers to consistently release good PS1 games cheaply on the Suite, Xperia failing would hardly matter.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 03:20   Link #87
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
....I actually got myself an N-gage.

Needless to say everyone called me a Taco Vender ....good times.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 03:22   Link #88
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I'm tempted. Unique NGP titles and be able to run other roms on this thing will make me forget it's a phone.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 03:37   Link #89
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I'm tempted. Unique NGP titles and be able to run other roms on this thing will make me forget it's a phone.
lol whut?

I don't know if I just read you wrong or something, but Playstation Suite ( the one Xperia is using for its emulation ) won't have any of those unique NGP titles. Heck, it probably won't even get any PSP titles until much much much later, maybe after PSP hardware and software sales officially grind into a stop.

Which ain't anytime soon. For both the PS2 and PSP.

Unless you were referring to the NGP directly... which has both said 'unique NGP titles' and the ability to play 'Suite roms', but it ain't a phone.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2011-02-14, 05:54   Link #90
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
i dont think so, we have sony to back up this phone. pretty much we have one of the best company that handle gaming. not just random phone company that try to gaming market

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
its gonna be about 400-500 US dollars... I'll pass and wait on about 3 or 4 price cuts.
wanna bet? mine is 200-300

Old 2011-02-14, 05:59   Link #91
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
i dont think so, we have sony to back up this phone. pretty much we have one of the best company that handle gaming. not just random phone company that try to gaming market

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
wanna bet? mine is 200-300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, XPeria Play is trying to capitalise on being the first Playstation Suite recognised and design-ready product, but it's a bit beyond just that, really.

Playstation Suite reaching out to the Android handheld market is not so much restricted compared to the NGage series, and so long as Sony bothers to consistently release good PS1 games cheaply on the Suite, Xperia failing would hardly matter.
well, on reality Playstation Suite is ready on end of the year (presuming NGP launch)

xperia play have "Playstation Suite"-like app which than been replaced by true Playstation Suite.

about the game, Crash Bandicot is pre-loaded on xperia play

Old 2011-02-14, 06:03   Link #92
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
For games, yeah.

But for smartphones? Not so much.

The Xperia line of phones are pretty much the lower mid-tiers of the Android family, Sony Ericsson's gotten themselves some crisis of confidence with their lack of support for the Xperia 10 series.

Even their new line of Xperias announced in CES and MWC recently looks really really cheap in comparison to the Android monsters that Samsung, Motorola, LG, etc is churning out.

Sony Ericsson and HTC are the only companies thus far that hasn't announced their 2011 Q1 dual-core phones. HTC's slowness is due to Qualcomm's majority ownership of HTC, which pretty much means they won't be using any of Tegra chips, but they're expected to announce and release their dual-cores pretty evenly with other competing phones.

Sony Ericsson? Doesn't look like there'll be anything dual for the next 4 months.

Xperia Play has its... advantages. But its only real edge is that it'll have its compatibility for games much faster, on the prospect of a not as good phone compared to the competition.

Old 2011-02-14, 06:20   Link #93
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
For games, yeah.

But for smartphones? Not so much.

The Xperia line of phones are pretty much the lower mid-tiers of the Android family, Sony Ericsson's gotten themselves some crisis of confidence with their lack of support for the Xperia 10 series.

Even their new line of Xperias announced in CES and MWC recently looks really really cheap in comparison to the Android monsters that Samsung, Motorola, LG, etc is churning out.

Sony Ericsson and HTC are the only companies thus far that hasn't announced their 2011 Q1 dual-core phones. HTC's slowness is due to Qualcomm's majority ownership of HTC, which pretty much means they won't be using any of Tegra chips, but they're expected to announce and release their dual-cores pretty evenly with other competing phones.

Sony Ericsson? Doesn't look like there'll be anything dual for the next 4 months.

Xperia Play has its... advantages. But its only real edge is that it'll have its compatibility for games much faster, on the prospect of a not as good phone compared to the competition.
well most of the mobile company is like "we have tegra 2 and dual core so we are awesome" etc. which some how boring to me. really there barely any uniqueness on these phone. which where Sony Ericsson have shine a bit is because they uniqueness

you cannot blame Sony Ericsson. they are pretty new to android market being x10 is first android phone they have.

the tend to borrow some of sony technology like walkman and cybershot. which let them to have advantage beside on raw power.

no to mention they phone are ready for march which more earlier than most of 2.3 android. not to mention Sony Ericsson tend to bit cheaper than other phone

Old 2011-02-14, 06:37   Link #94
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
the tend to borrow some of sony technology like walkman and cybershot. which let them to have advantage beside on raw power.

no to mention they phone are ready for march which more earlier than most of 2.3 android. not to mention Sony Ericsson tend to bit cheaper than other phone
SE phones cheaper? Never they tend to be inexpensive yes, but build quality i score them higher than other manufacturers.
Xperia play doesn't seem like a good deal to me. You are probably better of getting a NGP and a Xperia Neo or Arc, only ones with digi camera zoom, or wait for a Xperia Cybershot edition, or something.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 09:02   Link #95
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
SE phones cheaper? Never they tend to be inexpensive yes, but build quality i score them higher than other manufacturers.
Xperia play doesn't seem like a good deal to me. You are probably better of getting a NGP and a Xperia Neo or Arc, only ones with digi camera zoom, or wait for a Xperia Cybershot edition, or something.
Virtually every android phone from SE has been "blessed" with cheap plastics and flimsy buttons. Add that to the complete lack of support by Sony (has any android phone from them even received an update so far?) and you've got the gist of how far SE has fallen.
Old 2011-02-14, 10:08   Link #96
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Virtually every android phone from SE has been "blessed" with cheap plastics and flimsy buttons. Add that to the complete lack of support by Sony (has any android phone from them even received an update so far?) and you've got the gist of how far SE has fallen.
To be fair the last SE phone i had was a cybershot phone, with metal frame, which is rock solid, and i pretty sure most of their phone have a metal frame, unlike other mobile manufacturers.
The X10 series have been updated to 2.1 by now, but all with non-optimised versions of eclair. To be honest sony support for their consumer products has always been bad, but in the past their products were solid and didn't require any support. But today with upgradeable devices and competition, they kind of look like a dated and conservative company.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 12:48   Link #97
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
To be fair the last SE phone i had was a cybershot phone, with metal frame, which is rock solid, and i pretty sure most of their phone have a metal frame, unlike other mobile manufacturers.
Used to have, used to. Right now I'm not so sure.
Old 2011-02-14, 15:16   Link #98
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Edge Sony NGP hands-on: 'Best ever handheld thumbsticks'

Bleszinksi applauds Sony NGP's dual thumbsticks

Sony NGP features dropped to keep handheld affordable

Old 2011-02-16, 15:28   Link #99
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i think i found NGP secret feature that sony don't tell.

you can connect NGP with ps3 via Bluetooth (or specialized hardware) so that you can play Ps3 game with NGP as controller (bare in mind you can use back touch pad as r2/l2).

another interesting tidbit is that you can upscale NGP game via ps3 to TV so that you can play NGP game on HDTV.

another one is that you can allow NGP player to play with PS3 player (and probably sony xperia play and other playstation suite hardware like rumored sony tablet ) TOGETHER in SAME GAME!.

how does it sound?

Old 2011-02-16, 21:09   Link #100
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
It sounds pretty dull. A portable game console will collect dust.

A smartphone that doubles as a portable gaming console? Yeah, that'll work, but screw the Xperia Play. I don't want AT&T.

Playstation Suite better damn well be opened to all Android devices and not just SE's, or their assertion to "improve Android gaming" is a complete utter fail.

C'mon guys, give us stuff to feed all the hungry hungry Tegra 2 phones coming out later this year!

Tags
playstation, vita, vita tv