AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-06-02, 09:51   Link #25141
Tabasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiseppe View Post
Ye gods! Didn't the intro just say Vivio was 13 years old!?
Welcome to the internet...

Anyway, liked the fated meeting between Celica and Lutecia, and I'm glad it addressed something I was wondering about, namely why if they're so close Celica didn't go to her first.

And of course Future Tense looks slick, I'm always up for some HL2 action, even if Valve seems to have dropped the whole thing...
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 10:12   Link #25142
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
I hate having to do this, but I'm going through with it anyway. Regardless, I still hate it.

So I talked with DC at length last night, and at this point I'm officially cutting Crime Never Sleeps out of canon consideration for my Shadowverse because I can't work around it or with it to get the ending I originally had in mind, short of killing off Lutecia or breaking her and Vivio up in Long Distance Goodbye. I'll have to talk to Dezo to see if there's some way I can still work with "Shadows in the Rain", though that will be hard since it's a direct link to Crime Never Sleeps and how Lutecia got back into the job.

Anyway, that's that. I'm still not happy about it, but there isn't much else I can do at this point.
Old 2010-06-02, 10:17   Link #25143
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Sheesh, enemies just seem to be popping up everywhere for Celica, hunting her hide. But hey, on the other hand, it moves the plot along!

Also, if I didn't have a policy against OC/CC shipping, I would totally ship Celica/Lutecia. But that requires me abandoning the ViCia and Victor/Celica ship.

Seriously, that made this whole chapter for me. I know there was a lot more going on, but seeing Lutecia and Celica interact, the way they bounced off each other, was so much fun. You can tell that beneath the barbs and coolness, Celica definitely considers Lutecia a friend.

Props also for having her call Lutecia by her first name, to show how emotionally worn she is. Though I doubt that will last long.
Everybody wants to get in her pants her head on a platter, it seems!

Celica and Lutecia's interactions were the most fun thing to write in this series yet. I originally intended them to be at odds for several more chapters, but I like them together so much that I pushed things along a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Is there anyone who's not in a conspiracy? I'm still waiting for the reveal that Vivio has been secretly an agent in the employ of an ancient Belkan sect who used hypnosis to make Scaglietti think he cloned her so she could use her big, sad eyes to eventually get adopted into a prominent TSAB family.

Celica and Lutecia's interactions were just golden, really. I've been waiting to see those two finally interact, and it did not disappoint. They may be odd friends, but it is obvious they really are closer than Celica in particular likes to publicly admit.

A sad lack of Naval Special Intelligence Service Agent Abraham Goddamn Steele (He must, in my mind, always be referred to by his full name and title. The 'Goddamn' may, if you wish, be replaced by any number of words. It's really only there for emphasis). But then, you can't him in every chapter. It would overload the story with badass.
Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate the fact that I managed to make the interaction and dialogue between those two so entertaining while keeping both characters firmly in-character (even if Shadowsverse!Lutecia is OOC compared to OHOHOHO!Lutecia)...

Yes, no Abraham Stele this episode, sorry. So much "screentime" got taken up by the showdown between two old friends that I didn't have time to sneak him in. You should look forward to Chapter 5, because Stele is a prominent character in the chapter...

Spoiler for chapter 5 teaser:

Oh, and his actual full title is "Senior Agent Abraham Motherfucking Stele, Field Division, Naval Special Intelligence Service."

And he's played by Samuel L. Jackson's much bigger twin brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
Welcome to the internet...

Anyway, liked the fated meeting between Celica and Lutecia, and I'm glad it addressed something I was wondering about, namely why if they're so close Celica didn't go to her first.

And of course Future Tense looks slick, I'm always up for some HL2 action, even if Valve seems to have dropped the whole thing...
I'm glad everyone else seems to be enjoying my favorite part of this chapter as much as I do.

Also frustrated at the marked lack of HL2E3. Damn you, Valve! Stop with the Portal and L4D sequels! Give us moar Gordon Freeman!!!

Quote:
I hate having to do this, but I'm going through with it anyway. Regardless, I still hate it.

So I talked with DC at length last night, and at this point I'm officially cutting Crime Never Sleeps out of canon consideration for my Shadowverse because I can't work around it or with it to get the ending I originally had in mind, short of killing off Lutecia or breaking her and Vivio up in Long Distance Goodbye. I'll have to talk to Dezo to see if there's some way I can still work with "Shadows in the Rain", though that will be hard since it's a direct link to Crime Never Sleeps and how Lutecia got back into the job.

Anyway, that's that. I'm still not happy about it, but there isn't much else I can do at this point.
This is unfortunate, since I am quite fond of this story, but it makes my work on false light a little easier without having to worry about how much I abuse Lutecia in my fic leaving Lutecia still mission-capable.
Old 2010-06-02, 10:27   Link #25144
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
This is unfortunate, since I am quite fond of this story, but it makes my work on false light a little easier without having to worry about how much I abuse Lutecia in my fic leaving Lutecia still mission-capable.
Oi, oi, if anyone has the right to abuse and cripple Lutecia decide whether or not Lutecia is still mission-capable, it's yours truly.

But yeah, at this point I'm stuck. Either I do a retcon with "Sunrise" and try to rework it so Lutecia isn't quite as burned out as she was, but then that completely shoots down the whole reason why she even breaks down and confesses to Vivio in the first place, especially since her shaky mindset is key for the next chapter of Long Distance Goodbye.
Old 2010-06-02, 11:07   Link #25145
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Future Tense is posted to ff.net here.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 11:17   Link #25146
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Oi, oi, if anyone has the right to abuse and cripple Lutecia decide whether or not Lutecia is still mission-capable, it's yours truly.

But yeah, at this point I'm stuck. Either I do a retcon with "Sunrise" and try to rework it so Lutecia isn't quite as burned out as she was, but then that completely shoots down the whole reason why she even breaks down and confesses to Vivio in the first place, especially since her shaky mindset is key for the next chapter of Long Distance Goodbye.
Don't retcon Sunrise, it would foul up the emotional impact, and Lutecia needs the shaky mindset. She's a ticking time bomb, remember? Chrono taking her off assassination missions in false light didn't stop the clock, it just wound it back a few hours.

In other news I'm already four pages into Chapter 5.
Old 2010-06-02, 13:56   Link #25147
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:

To throw in my two cents, I'm absolutely okay with this . When I had asked RB for permission to use the NSIS concept for an Auris vs. Hayate fanfic, I had explicitly mentioned that it was AU because I was bringing Lutecia back and potentially making up stuff about the Shadows that aren't in RB's version of them.

I linked up timelines with Syn and Dezo more for a tongue-in-cheek "Why not?", even if it meant that I had to change my timeline (my original version had Hayate in her early twenties, but you might have noticed from my revised version that Hayate became 34, to match with Syn's false light and Dezo's "Shadows in the Rain". But I'm glad to have Crime Never Sleeps be non-canon Shadowverse because it lets me take the characters in directions that may contradict what RB had done/is planning for them .

So in summary, while Crime Never Sleeps may work out timeline-wise with the other fics, it's AU because the characters don't match up with RB's plans for them ^^. Just a fun battle-of-minds that happens to take place in the NSIS .

Quote:
Abuse away! I'm happy keeping CNS!Lutecia a teensy bit more upbeat than what you two have done to her , and with CNS as an AU I can do that without worrying about derailing her personality ^^.
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 16:14   Link #25148
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Since Celica doesn't actually show up in CNS, it could a "what-if" Celica died during the events of false light...

Old 2010-06-02, 16:20   Link #25149
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Yep, she's 13. But it was a request, from what I know, so Satashi didn't really have a say in how old the characters were.

EDIT: Pageclaim for requests!
Yup, was a request. Commission actually, so I won't ask questions

Currently the story is about 25,000 words. When completed, it will be a little over 30k words, beta read, tweaked to their liking, printed as a book, and sent to them. I take comissions very seriously :P

(Alternatives was a commission, actually)
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 17:09   Link #25150
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Yup, was a request. Commission actually, so I won't ask questions

Currently the story is about 25,000 words. When completed, it will be a little over 30k words, beta read, tweaked to their liking, printed as a book, and sent to them. I take comissions very seriously :P

(Alternatives was a commission, actually)
Commissions should be taken very seriously. I was commissioned once to write a song for a choir, and I ended up making it solid enough that it's now one of my favorites of my portfolio, even laying aside the fact that it was a commission .

Alternatives was a commission?! Huh. And here I thought the overwhelming response in the thread was what got you to continue it. Shows what I know .
Old 2010-06-02, 17:16   Link #25151
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Commissions should be taken very seriously. I was commissioned once to write a song for a choir, and I ended up making it solid enough that it's now one of my favorites of my portfolio, even laying aside the fact that it was a commission .

Alternatives was a commission?! Huh. And here I thought the overwhelming response in the thread was what got you to continue it. Shows what I know .
Well that as well :3 It was the overwhelming responses that made me happy to write it. That and it was commissioned to be finished about half way through. So yes, I do owe it to the replies I got about it <3

I think that I was the happiest writing AlternativeS because of everyone's replies and kind words during it ^^ Love you guys

[EDIT]

Bunny Force was originally a gag I did as a "magazine cover". Now, though, I think it would be kinda fun to make it into an actual "Magazine" about the Nanoha universe, fandom, ect.

What I'm looking for from the fandom is anything that you would want in the magazine. I'm going to photoshop it all to look like an actual magazine page scan so you can have your own page, two pages, three, ect. It can be anything as long as it has something to do with the Nanoha series. you can interview your favourite character, submit your fanart, give a teaser of your new fanfic (4 pages max, please), have a profile of your original character, interview your OC, pics of OC, talk about douijin, want about something, shout out, anything at all.

Whatever you want to do for it, just PM it to me and I'll add it in. Please not I can't write anything for you, but I will format it a bit to make it look like a real magazine and not just slapped on there. Even if you don't have much to say or add, go ahead and talk to me about it. I can work it so you share a page with someone else who doesn't have much .

At any rate, once this is done, I plan on releasing it to the fandom through the major sites, and if it goes well I may do a new issue each month. The first issue will probably be released for May if I get enough information.

So PM me any questions you may have. I can work with you to get what you want ^.^

May's cover girl: Cinque
June's cover girl: Sein

Last edited by Satashi; 2010-06-02 at 18:47.
Old 2010-06-02, 19:38   Link #25152
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:

Oh, and his actual full title is "Senior Agent Abraham Motherfucking Stele, Field Division, Naval Special Intelligence Service."

And he's played by Samuel L. Jackson's much bigger twin brother.

My mind was just blown.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 19:40   Link #25153
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@Satashi:

Sounds like a good idea. Might even help me do some teasing for the promised last update to the oldest/most loved/hated character in the OCT.

When you say interviews do you mean interviews with the character or the creator or are we also free to break some 4th walls while we're at it?
Old 2010-06-02, 19:46   Link #25154
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Dude, I think I just got my first serious flame for Shadowverse.

Spoiler:

I know it's supposed to be insulting, but if it's supposed to be insulting, why am I laughing so hard? ^^;;;;;;;;
Old 2010-06-02, 19:52   Link #25155
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Let me guess... its anonymous as well?

Also it feels like the latest Day in the Life chapter got left behind around here. =X
Old 2010-06-02, 19:54   Link #25156
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Yep. Was signed "That's it".
Old 2010-06-02, 19:55   Link #25157
SilentOutlaw
Shhh.....

Well, at least you could understand what that flamer said.
SilentOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 19:59   Link #25158
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
@Satashi:

Sounds like a good idea. Might even help me do some teasing for the promised last update to the oldest/most loved/hated character in the OCT.

When you say interviews do you mean interviews with the character or the creator or are we also free to break some 4th walls while we're at it?
With anyone really. I'm gonna interview Raiser in it, just because he had a huge impact on the fandom :3 But yeah, you can interview the characters, break the 4th wall, whatever. Only thing I ask to leave out is all "shipping" statements. like I don't want someone to interview character A and have them say "I love character B and not character C"

Quote:
Dude, I think I just got my first serious flame for Shadowverse.

I know it's supposed to be insulting, but if it's supposed to be insulting, why am I laughing so hard? ^^;;;;;;;;
I lol'd hard :3
Old 2010-06-02, 20:03   Link #25159
Thunderbird
IS: Liar's Mask
*Author

Maybe he would have liked it better if you made her into Sparkly!Lutecia o.O And yeah like Silent said at least you can understand it this time. There were a couple revs posted a while back in which they were either typing upside down or something...

Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 20:05   Link #25160
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
I lol'd hard :3
Glad to know I wasn't the only one. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
Maybe he would have liked it better if you made her into Sparkly!Lutecia o.O
Lutecia: I apologize, I'm not a vampire in a bad romance novel.
Vivio: You can bite me anytime you like, though~
Lutecia: ...

EDIT: Pageclaim for Lutecia sexing up biting Vivio!

... Wait...

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha