AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 15 17.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 37.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 24.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.15%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.30%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-17, 15:36   Link #41
Gundamx

Marito in op so we will see him soon

And in episode 8 Asseylum already told him Slaine was the one who told her everything she know about the earth including wrong information which Inaho corrected.
Old 2015-01-17, 16:11   Link #42
Ryuga

The eye explains why Inaho was able to do what he did in ep.1, I think a few people on here guessed correctly on that before this episode. They need to refine and replicate more of that technology. Lol@Lemrina playing games with Slaine, but Slaine's a kind guy and didn't get upset in the slightest.

At this point, though Inaho's outshining everyone, it's highly entertaining so I don't mind at all. I could watch the kid all day make mockeries of Martians and slap them around for free. But uh-oh, looks like he might finally get a challenge in the form of the Tharsis. Whatever that ability is, it's pretty ridiculous, like it allows Slaine to predict incoming attacks. But if there's a limit to it like I think it might have, then Inaho could possibly defeat it but I don't think he'll figure it out in time next ep.

Either way, hyped for the next ep since we're gonna see the two duke it out, unless they're interrupted.
Old 2015-01-17, 16:18   Link #43
azarhal

The most interesting part of the this episode was that the Deucalion didn't bother fill Mustang 33 shoes.
Old 2015-01-17, 16:23   Link #44
itisjustme

So Inaho really has a computer in the brain, sorta.

Eir Aoi does some really catchy tunes.
Old 2015-01-17, 16:27   Link #45
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synx View Post
Is that cruhteo I see in the opening?
I know who you mean, and I had a 'Is that Cruhteo?' moment too, but I don't think it is. Just another Orbital Knight who looks similar to him.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2015-01-17, 16:30   Link #46
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

goosebumps when No Differences started to play. Slaine needs to cheat to keep up with Idaho also, Yandere princess. this will be a great season.

also, sleipnir's space load out is freaking sweet.

also, the OP is wonderful. so much imagery.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2015-01-17 at 16:44.
Old 2015-01-17, 16:35   Link #47
Irenesharda

Well, a good continuing episode where our two men have finally met once again, sort of face to face...

Slaine is going between serving Saazbaum, looking after Asseylum, and mollifying Lemrina. He's organizing attacks and setting up troop platoons. He's still serving people, but he really seems to be putting on different faces for everyone. I'm glad that Slaine and Eddelritto are getting on much better with each other than they did back the last time we saw them together back at episode one of the series.

Inaho has effectively turned into pretty much a cyborg and is even more of a walking, talking computer, which I can understand Inko's ire. That could get on pretty much anybody's nerves. He's figured out that Asseylum isn't the real one, though what he'll do with that information, I have no idea.
I am also glad that they are giving him some consequences to him being shot in the head, such as the fact that he's still on medication and that it does affect his work. However, that eye just made him more OP in the process anyway, and made him pretty insufferable.

Lemrina is the illegitimate princess that feels sorry for herself and takes it out on everybody else, jealous of Asseylum, she wants to take her life for her own. I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to kill her sister somehow. I already don't like her, she seems like such a temperamental brat.

However, what's with Slaine's Aldnoah power? Do they only last for a short while? Or did Lemrina just revoke his access and then later give it back when she kissed him? And really? They are really going with the kissing is giving people Aldnoah abilities thing? There has to be more ways then that, that's ridiculous...

The Bat and Orange have met once more and they have been upgraded to Gull and Orange.
Somehow doesn't have the same ring to it, but okay...

Also, it's great the the two finally know each other's names and seem to be proper rivals now.

The emperor seems to be on his last leg, and Slaine and Saazbaum seem to have a plan regarding helping the people of Vers. However, I'm not sure how much Slaine is invested in this plan and how much he's humoring Saazbaum.

Also, it was nice to have the Martian side have most of the focus, we get to see more of their grunt soldier pilots and how their operations go.

So, until next episode, war is on the horizon.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-17, 16:35   Link #48
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Oh and by the way, where the fuck is Marito? I mean I don't expect him to do anything anyway but still. Is he dead or something and I just never noticed?
It's possible that he is currently working on a diffrent ship or post but he is in the OP so we should see him soon. The fact that he was wearing a proper solider uniform makes me hope he got over his piloting fear.
Old 2015-01-17, 16:36   Link #49
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At least the action is entertaining if nothing else. I kind of shrug at Inaho in regular scenes, but stick that guy into the action and he becomes entertaining. At this point just a given that he outclasses everyone in the series. Slaine has to have an OP machine to just avoid getting owned by Inaho .

I am curious about how Marito is doing. Though I'm only curious because of this thread since I completely forgot about him .
Old 2015-01-17, 16:42   Link #50
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post

However, what's with Slaine's Aldnoah power? Do they only last for a short while? Or did Lemrina just revoke his access and then later give it back when she kissed him? And really? They are really going with the kissing is giving people Aldnoah abilities thing? There has to be more ways then that, that's ridiculous...
Seemed to me like Lemrina revoked it just to be a brat and play up. I guess at some point Slaine came into contact with her and she turned it off.
Old 2015-01-17, 16:52   Link #51
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder if Lemrina can find a way to revoke access at the absolute worst time for Slaine... (I don't know what that time is, I just think he should be punished for playing with a maiden's heart. Just kidding, I want him punished for everything else.)
Old 2015-01-17, 16:56   Link #52
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
goosebumps when No Differences started to play. Slaine needs to cheat to keep up with Idaho also, Yandere princess. this will be a great season.

also, sleipnir's space load out is freaking sweet.

also, the OP is sweet. so much imagery.
Honestly, they are both cheating. Slaine uses Tharsis' Aldnoah technology that allows it to predict trajectory of projectiles (not uncommon in many a mecha series) and Inaho uses his cyborg eye computer to do calculations and modifications to his kataphrackt that allows him to be able to fight better than all the other soldiers, even though this is his first space battle.

Lemrina is pretty yandere isn't she. She gets mad that Slaine is looking after her comatose sister, and so forcibly shuts down his kataphrackt right as they're about to go to battle. Talk about petty jealousy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
the cybernetic eye only gives him more information. It doesn't tell you where exactly to aim or dodge to. It's up to people to use that information. And it's obvious that inaho is the smartest person in the earth's forces so he just makes the most use of it.

Not everyone can calculate all those math equations in their heads. It's for geniuses like Inaho.

regarding the episode, i'm a bit ehh when Inaho said all those things to Inko :/
Actually, his eye IS basically a computer. It does do calculations for him, which he seems in the display that is his eye. He uses the connections that it has to his neural network to tell it to factor in certain things and then used those calculations and simulations to manuver his kataphrackt, which I think his eye/brain is also connected to.

He calculates everything using the eye and then uses that plan and do his moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Slaine also seem to relinquish his Aldnoah that was granted by Asseylum and become her sister's knight. So now only Inaho possessed the Aldnoah that was granted by Asseylum. Talk about loyalty...
Actually, he doesn't relinquish it. As a royal, Lemrina has the power to forcibly shot down and revoke someone else's Aldnoah rights. She shut down and shut his out of Tharsis because she was jealous of Slaine's relationship with her sister. She's pretty petty that way...

Slaine pleaded as he had to to get the power back on since she was the only one who could do it as a royal, and they were about to go into battle. She gave him the power back with the kiss, after (I'm hoping) coming to her senses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
How can he figure out Hime is a fake though voice reflection? Did he have training on that too like his training on fighting in space? It's Gary Stu to the highest order.
He figured out that she was a fake like anyone who basically uses usual lie detector test would. Basically, her voice showed the same stress indicator every time when she said her name that a normal person would when they are lying. Thus he can conclude that she's lying about her name. The person making the speeches is a fake.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-17, 16:58   Link #53
Krayes818
Three eyed crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
Seemed to me like Lemrina revoked it just to be a brat and play up. I guess at some point Slaine came into contact with her and she turned it off.
I think anyone who has the activation factor can forcibly shut down any aldnoah powered device. Like how Asseylum did to the Landing castle in episode 12. The significant thing about this scene is that Slaine is now in a contract with Lemrina instead of Asseylum.
Old 2015-01-17, 16:59   Link #54
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Honestly, they are both cheating. Slaine uses Tharsis' Aldnoah technology that allows it to predict trajectory of projectiles (not uncommon in many a mecha series) and Inaho uses his cyborg eye computer to do calculations and modifications to his kataphrackt that allows him to be able to fight better than all the other soldiers, even though this is his first space battle.
But (in theory) it wouldn't be difficult to put whatever functionalities are in Inaho's eye into a bigger-than-eyeball-size computer with a video input. And slap the whole thing into a Kataphrakt.
Old 2015-01-17, 17:05   Link #55
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But (in theory) it wouldn't be difficult to put whatever functionalities are in Inaho's eye into a bigger-than-eyeball-size computer with a video input. And slap the whole thing into a Kataphrakt.
I suspect we might actually see that towards the end when suddenly the fights become much more even, or even with Earth winning out because of more population.
Old 2015-01-17, 17:08   Link #56
Jerseykid

that meeting in space made me feel all warm and fuzzy!
Old 2015-01-17, 17:08   Link #57
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayes818 View Post
I think anyone who has the activation factor can forcibly shut down any aldnoah powered device. Like how Asseylum did to the Landing castle in episode 12. The significant thing about this scene is that Slaine is now in a contract with Lemrina instead of Asseylum.
Yup, that's correct, Asseylum says so in one of the episodes, that's why I figured that Lemrina shut it down. And yeah, it's significant, at least for Lemrina, putting Slaine into the contract is her way of marking her territory/"owning" his loyalty, though his heart belongs to Asseylum.
Old 2015-01-17, 17:12   Link #58
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayes818 View Post
No, they established last season that only members of the royal family that have full administrator rights to Aldnoah can forcibly shut down someone else's activated drive. That's what Asseylum could do it as princess and Lemrina can do it as well.

And actually, Slaine is under no contract. He was simply returned allowance of the power that he already had. The whole "knights swear loyalty" thing, only applies to the Emperor and is more of a ceremonial duty than a necessity in getting the power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
A technology is a technology aid, whether it's as big as a house or as small as computer drive.

And I do wish that perhaps the guys who created Inaho's eye might have though to perhaps put the same technology of the Earth kataphrackts. I mean, I don't think the soldiers would mind the tech being connected to their brain. It happens in mecha series all the time.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-17, 17:16   Link #59
monster

Quote:
Well, they kind of had to go with the kissing since that's the only thing Slaine had in season 1. It would be ridiculous if it wasn't the kissing to have Slaine having the right. That's why they also had that CPR flashback with Inaho when he activated Deucalion.

That said, maybe Inaho needed Asseylum's blood to finalize the contract because she wasn't conscious when he "kissed" her, so she wasn't a willing participant. With Slaine, it was she who initiated the kiss, so he didn't need blood/fluid from her or from Lemrina now.
Old 2015-01-17, 17:19   Link #60
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Now Lemrina wants to NTR Slaine away from Asseylum >3> (Go ahead. Inaho x Asseylum FOREVER)

And as expected looks like the 2nd Emperor had 2 wives (maybe more?).

Actually with Lemrina's ambitions, I feel like she has death flag all over and I doubt she will get away with it like Asseylum dodged death so many times >_>
Try, Emperor Gilzera just had a woman on the side. Lemrina is younger than Asseylum, so had to be conceived after she was. Gilzera died right before Asseylum's birth, so basically, he was messing around while Asseylum's mom was pregnant. Lemrina doesn't seem to be treated equally within the royal family itself, even though she is still respected as a princess. Also, since Asseylum has been the mentioned as the only one rightfully in contention for the throne, I'm guessing Lemrina isn't eligible.

Honestly, I think that Lemrina has a bigger chance of dying than Asseylum's ever had. She petty, dishonest, and is super jealous of her sister. I wouldn't be surprised if she somehow dies by accident or by her own volition at some point.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Closed Thread