AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 8 15.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 26.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 36.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 15.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-31, 16:56   Link #41
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
This show really has become [Inaho & Slaine the show]. Other characters on both Earth and Mar side can't do anything worthly without these two.

Ah well, at least Earth side learns [how to survive in battle] this time.
It is really boring as a result. Oh no, a new Martian enemy, wonder what will happen? Oh look! Its Inaho to save the day... again.
Old 2015-01-31, 17:13   Link #42
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
It is really boring as a result. Oh no, a new Martian enemy, wonder what will happen? Oh look! Its Inaho to save the day... again.

I'm sorry, but when was this show not about exactly this? The first episode and a half? Besides, this time we have a lot of activity from Slaine that isn't him trying futilely to rescue the princess. So if you are only watching this in hopes that the Earthlings get their act together to fight without Inaho's support, you are wasting your time.
Old 2015-01-31, 17:16   Link #43
Death Usagi
Banned

It is truly weird how no other characters can do shit against the Martians without Inaho's help.

I actually wonder if Inaho was in a different unit before rejoining the Deucalion.
Old 2015-01-31, 17:19   Link #44
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
I'm sorry, but when was this show not about exactly this? The first episode and a half? Besides, this time we have a lot of activity from Slaine that isn't him trying futilely to rescue the princess. So if you are only watching this in hopes that the Earthlings get their act together to fight without Inaho's support, you are wasting your time.
Man, I guess hoping for other characters and soldiers to act competent is too much to ask for, huh?
Old 2015-01-31, 17:25   Link #45
ChampDream
Alive

So it look like Inaho and yuki are not in good terms, while Slaine is getting everybody to be at his side.
That new count look like a really nice person, not surprise that he didn't get killed.
Old 2015-01-31, 17:27   Link #46
Zoks

Quote:
Man, I guess hoping for other characters to act competent is too much to ask for, huh?
Yes, it is. Frankly the competence we saw today from Marito is as much as they could have allowed without the series being complete bs, since making him too competent when he never had that capacity before flies in the face of everything the show has been doing before. And we have Harklight on the Vers side serving as a technical genius that could rival Inaho, so what else are you hoping for that wouldn't be an ass pull?
Old 2015-01-31, 17:34   Link #47
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
So it look like Inaho and yuki are not in good terms, while Slaine is getting everybody to be at his side.
That new count look like a really nice person, not surprise that he didn't get killed.
The new count should become friends with Inaho and the others >w<
Old 2015-01-31, 17:38   Link #48
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
It is truly weird how no other characters can do shit against the Martians without Inaho's help.

I actually wonder if Inaho was in a different unit before rejoining the Deucalion.
Well usually in these anime it's the teenagers that rule the day, not adults. The adults are just so incompetent that it's not even funny.
Old 2015-01-31, 17:54   Link #49
Wandering Soul

Well taking out that base by himself was a good way for Slaine to show his loyalty and asset his strength.

Looks like a rift has formed between Inaho and his sister. Can't really blame the military for not letting her take him away. He is one of their most valuable assets.

Was also nice to finally see a Count that is not a sociopath and seems like a nice guy.
Old 2015-01-31, 17:57   Link #50
Random14

All the main characters have left space so there goes the space base. Though according to Inaho they didn't bother hiding their supply routes much. Considering that level of competence, still not sure how the war isn't over already.

It was nice to see Marito display some intelligence, too bad it came down to them relying on Inaho yet again. One of this show's more annoying points is throwing around a lot of words to explain the Martian mech of the week gimmick, when basically it comes down to "its a tornado, look out". Though even that much is beyond the typical cannon fodder. I was hoping Marito would call in air support to just fire from above the tornado, but it came down to Inaho's hax shooting skills again.

I do wish we could get more background information. Do we even know the names of any earth officers higher ranking than the captain? I have a hard time remembering her name as it is. Many other mech shows have a command staff. here its mostly Inaho and friends vs Martian counts and royal family. Still surprised the first nice count we meet isn't dead, considering what happened to the last one to think about a truce. Hopefully he'll play a key role later, unless that just means worse things are in store for anyone nice ( look at what happened to Asseylum), which would be typical for this kind of show.
Old 2015-01-31, 18:02   Link #51
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well just because Slaine stated it doesn't mean it's accurate. He's making it so people won't openly challenge him that's true. But it just means he's setting himself up for the same kind of betrayal he visited on Saazbaum. No one following him because they believe in him and rather waiting for the first opportunity to betray him. That type does end up dead more often than not.
Not sure. Or, it is both. He was earning some respect there and on the other hand he demonstrated his force to those who doesn't trust him, enough to stop them for a while. Plus consider that there is no Saazbaum out there anymore able to going against him. The two counts don't seem to be particularly dangerous to him. Just cartooned villains.

Back to the episode, finally Yuki is back Cute first scene between Inaho and Yuki with him trying to cover her, but being unable to. And so later we apprehended they had a word with each other on Inaho's duties. Yuki-nee overprotectiveness led them to be separated and now they are avoiding each other. Looking forward to their reunion.
Nice to see her greeting the other friends and caring for Rayet. She is the ultimate nee-san not for nothing.
The episode was good, despite the usual stuff, but this time a bit less Inaho-centered. Slaine did what he has to, that's his path for now after all.
Very curious to see what Inaho has up to his sleeve. My take of his last sentence is less bold than it may seem. He just decided that he had to do something in regard of Slaine, despite he didn't want to. He knows well enough how a strong opponent he became and Inaho is not the type to actually look for glory, so if possible I can see him trying to avoid fighting Slaine. But apparently he has to. In one word, fear.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-01-31, 18:05   Link #52
AverageFan

I really wanted the some one other then Inaho finish off the Martian Kat. They were doing kind of will against the knight.
I originally though those spheres were some kind of drone weapon of something.
It seen those earth pilots were just knock out

I hope the new count was captured. They can get information from him and have him as a hostage. He also doesn't seem to be a racist.

Since trident base was destroyed earth has lost it foothold in space meaning that the story may go back down to earth for some time. And I don’t want that because it would feels like the story would going backwards instead of forward. The story needs to move to back into space, to the moon then to mars.

Inaho and Slaine need to have a conversation.

I really want to see more of Slaine’s plan to help the Vers people.
Old 2015-01-31, 18:15   Link #53
Death Usagi
Banned

One clear thing I can see is that Asseylum will try to become a good sister towards Lemrina that's for sure.
Old 2015-01-31, 18:25   Link #54
Arya

^ That to earn bonus points from Inaho? yeah I can see that happening
More seriously, it's reaching the time for her to awake, I hope they won't drag her shots in the tank for too long.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-01-31, 18:26   Link #55
Death Usagi
Banned

Asseylum awakens in Episode 12. She misses out on everything. Inaho gets NTR'd away. Slaine is NTR'd away. No Romance for Asseylum. Anime ends.

BAD END
Old 2015-01-31, 18:28   Link #56
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
But Marito figured it all out. He just needed someone to shoot from up high. It's little different from Inaho relying on Inko to shoot Saazbaum. (Except shooting from that far shouldn't be possible, but whatever.)

Speaking of Marito, should a doctor really offer a drink to a recovering alcoholic?
Old 2015-01-31, 19:18   Link #57
monster

Why was the Captain the one who gave the command to fire? Was it the Deucalion that made the shots while Inaho was only there to provide the calculations?

So they're implying that the entire Martian forces were so surprised by Inaho's exploits that they went on the defensive, thus part of the reason why Earth hasn't been conquered yet. I'm not comfortable with that excuse if that ends up being true, but at least it's not the only excuse, or even the most probable, as this latest count has demonstrated that there are Mars factions that are taking their time to conquer territories in a more careful manner. Although, given the technological divide and Inaho's sole importance to Earth's fighting strength, it still should've been possible to take more of Earth's territories in a shorter amount of time.
Old 2015-01-31, 19:26   Link #58
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Why was the Captain the one who gave the command to fire? Was it the Deucalion that made the shots while Inaho was only there to provide the calculations?
Yeah I think it was the Deucalion that make the shot and Inaho just make the calculations, I mean I don't think Inaho's kat have a weapon that can shoot from space to earth.
Old 2015-01-31, 19:27   Link #59
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Man, I guess hoping for other characters and soldiers to act competent is too much to ask for, huh?
Yeah, I think so too. Unlike Legend of Galactic Heroes and Gundam series where competence are shared between characters and factions, it seems Aldnoah is more interested in making the war centering around the MC and his rival by making them seem like the only competent person (with a select few, very few) in their respective factions with the rest following their directions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Speaking of Marito, should a doctor really offer a drink to a recovering alcoholic?
I don't think a doctor should do that. Then again, I'm not a doctor, so what do I know? :V
Old 2015-01-31, 19:31   Link #60
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

anyone notice that even immediately after he woke up, Inaho was still looking to take care of Yuki? i hope there are more flashbacks detailing the time after he woke up, to his rehab, to him deciding to get the eye.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Closed Thread