View Poll Results: What do you think of the 64 Hands of Hakke
Holy JESUS Neji kicks major ass! 150 71.43%
A little too weak for it's flashiness but still awesome. 38 18.10%
It's only good to show off with. 9 4.29%
USELESS! An ultimate technique that doesn't kill? WTF? 13 6.19%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-12-05, 10:23   Link #1
GUTB_

Is the 64 Hands of Hakke a good technique?

You decide.
GUTB_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 10:28   Link #2
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

With just going on what I saw this episode it appears to be a "ninja's automatic weapon" it should just about kill anyone who doesn't have a Kyubi in them. The very least renders the attacked (normally) unable to move. Even Hinata's dad was impressed!
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 10:31   Link #3
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Holy JESUS Neji kicks major ass!
And it's the truth. To be able to use the 64 Hands at 13, Neji really kicks ass.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 10:50   Link #4
GUTB_

However, it doesn't kill. Let's put it this way: do you throw one quick blow and kill him instantly by crushing his heart, lungs, kidneys, etc, or do you perform this super-difficult, incredibly complex move that just seals away all their chakra? There's nothing about the 64 Hands that makes it impossible to evade or harder to defend against compared to a regular attack, so why on Earth would you EVER want to use it -- except to demonstrate your coolness?

Sorry, but Lee would wipe the floor with Neji if this is all that he has. Gaara would crush him.
Old 2003-12-05, 10:55   Link #5
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTB_
However, it doesn't kill. Let's put it this way: do you throw one quick blow and kill him instantly by crushing his heart, lungs, kidneys, etc, or do you perform this super-difficult, incredibly complex move that just seals away all their chakra? There's nothing about the 64 Hands that makes it impossible to evade or harder to defend against compared to a regular attack, so why on Earth would you EVER want to use it -- except to demonstrate your coolness?

Sorry, but Lee would wipe the floor with Neji if this is all that he has. Gaara would crush him.
So, just because it doesn't kill, it's a bad technique?
The 64 Hands pretty much make you unable to use most of your Chakra. Yeah, it "just" seals away your Chakra. And after that, you can toy with the enemy, or kill him right away.

The 64 Hands, even being a complex technique, it's the best jutsu from the Hyuga clan along with the Kaiten.

Of course, Lee could wipe the floor. But what if Neji used the 64 Hands on him? Lee wouldn't be able to use his Chakra, he would loose his balance... so bye bye Lee
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 10:57   Link #6
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

i'm taking that not anyone can do this... and it could be useful to stop the attacker and keep him alive to question him later. I guess he has the kaiten (not to be confused with kitten no jutsu- he he) bother, and repel gaara's attacks.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 10:58   Link #7
GUTB_

But WHY use it when a much easier attack is instantly deadly?
Old 2003-12-05, 11:15   Link #8
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Quote:

Because a deadly and simple attack would not work on some nin's

Hence the need for a more complicated solution.
CaSe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 12:05   Link #9
Elysium
できるから。。。

Send a message via AIM to Elysium
What I'm astounded by is the sheer sluggishness of the move to initiate. Neji has to stand there, announce that you're going to get your ass pounded pretty bad, get into the low stance, then dash forward at lightning speeds to strike. Anyone with half a brain (*coughNARUTOSADUMBASScough*) would summon up ANY of their strength as possible to GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE. I mean, when I see some guy preparing to do some ominous move that looks like it's going to be taijutsu, I haul ass. I wouldn't just sit there on the ground with my mouth agape like a dumbass. :P To be honest, that's one thing that I can't stand about anime: some guy announces that he's going to do some awesome incredible attack, and the opponent just sits there letting him do it. RUN AWAY, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 13:06   Link #10
HoboGod
Necromancer

that technique is great, there is no debating it, if you can't dodge it (if in neji's territory, can anyone?) and you can't block it (and it will happen btw, i'm not going to spoil the anime watchers by telling when and by who, but i love to tease em. ) then all your chakra holes will be plugged... damn that is a scary technique.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 13:26   Link #11
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Spoiler:
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 14:03   Link #12
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:

Where did you pick up this asumption that Neji can kill in one hit? The Neji / Hinata fight? Neji was only able to do so much damage through hitting Hinata's tenketsu throughout the fight then giving one might chakra based blow to the heart.

It wasnt a one-hit-kill at all. Especially seeing as it didnt kill Hinata, even after the fight
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 15:21   Link #13
Tboz

Well... dependent on the situation and the type of opponent you are facing, any technique that can hurt the enemy more than he does to you is a good one.

Slow and steady may not produce instantaneous results, but if it helps you win the race, why not?
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 15:28   Link #14
gruvy_qc
(: Ecchi guy :)

It's an awesome technique ....when it works... Neji is not old, he has a lot of time to really masterize this technique. For now, it's a bit like Sasuke and his sharingan: He knows this jutsu, but doesn't masterize it yet (Neji is better than sasuke on the master point).When he will be older, this technique will just KICKS ASSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gruvy_qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 15:50   Link #15
Kabuto

It seems the 64 hands cannot be didge if your in the territory.
This is shown in the manga when he is fights a really smart and powerfull ninja.
Also the last blow of the 64 hands would send a person flying or maybe dying if the ninja wasn't weak.

All you guys should know that everyone who faught Naurto never took him seriouly. Neji doesn't want to kill naruto anyway, Just wanted to crush his spirit so he can live in misery.
Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 16:37   Link #16
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
I think the 64 hands is also a great way to disable someone without having to kill them.

But i still think that the ultimate defense is his most useful move. And personally I don't think that Lee could beat him without using a forbidden jutso.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 16:58   Link #17
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
of course lee cannot beat neji without a forbidden jutsu... if he could beat neji he would have said so when he was hitting on sakura "I am the strongest genin from konoha" when you are picking up chicks you dont say "I am second best in my class"... but he did. which means neji is stronger than him... because he has never used those forbidden jutsu on neji.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 17:04   Link #18
gruvy_qc
(: Ecchi guy :)

Lee can't defeat Neji because when ge does ura Renge, or only the normla Lotus, He needs to grab his opponent, and if someone grab Neji, he will makes his chakra flow from everywhere and his opponent will stop to grab him. I know it's not well explained but my english sux so be comprehensive and try to understand what I've writen
gruvy_qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 18:58   Link #19
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Well in the chuunin exam against Naruto, if he kills him he's going to get disqualified, remember? However
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-05, 20:22   Link #20
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Neji's attack is pure ownage. It is by far one of the most powerful techniques in the Naruto world.
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote