AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-09-04, 23:06   Link #141
james0246

So...I guess Suigetsu is dead...maybe?

Sasuke's new ability is interesting, if a little pointless. It is nice that he can put out the Amaterasu flame, but, besides saving Karin (which was a good if very strange emotional moment), I have to wonder how helpful such a difference is. (I have to wonder if it was Itachi's inserted Amaterasu (which, as the new Data Book says, is called Tensha Fuuin - Amaterasu ) that changed Sasuke's Amaterasu, or is it just the fact that Sasuke's Sharingan has always been a little different (which makes me wonder if Tsukuyomi will be any different.))

Naruto's training is even more interesting, as well. It seems, from what Old Taod Sage says, that Naruto will gain a partial healing ability as well almost constant chakra and physical boost from nature energy, which certainly goes beyond my initial expectations. It really seems that nature energy is alsmot competely taking over for the Kyuubi.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 23:20   Link #142
Luce

Pretty good chapter, really anxious for the next one. I am excited for what will come of Naruto's training, but I wonder why Naruto did not tell the old toad sage what "that" jutsu is.
Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 23:20   Link #143
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Enough about Sasuke. I'm interested to see if Kishimoto is opening the "Naruto this is your life" door with the Jiraya book. What I mean by that is, this could lead to a scenario where Naruto learns who his parents were.

Think of it this way. Naruto reads the book. The book is the one the 4th read that's main char is named Naruto. He becomes confused and thinks "why is my name the same as Jiraya's character" and the frog sages says (in an off-hand matter of course) oh your dad really liked the main character so he named you after him. Naruto says "Huh? You knew my dad?" to which the sage replies "Ya you know, Yondaime hokage? I trained him too". You get jist of it.

I would be interested to see something like this happen. I've had enough about eye-dojutsu to last a life time.
Old 2008-09-04, 23:20   Link #144
Rahan

LOL at the Itachi fight injuries comments. The only time Sasuke was hurt in this fight was because of Amaterasu and he negated it with Oral rebirth. But I guess one shooting the second strongest entity of the Narutoverse wasn't enough, Kishi had to give an excuse to Sasuke for having been hurt during the fight.

And Senjutsu is seriously getting retarded. I guess it's Kishi's way to keep Naruto the way he wants him to be. Lot of raw power and stamina and zero skill. And fast healing because since he has zero skill, he is always getting hurt. There won't be a difference between the tails and senjutsu.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 23:24   Link #145
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
i'm glad naruto can depend on a trump card other than the kyuubi, I hope senjutsu does have sometype of drawback so people won't call naruto's new power a hack, yes it recovers u and all but i am sure naruto will still be subceptable to the mental fatigue that comes from balancing such vast amounts of energy

looks like the book given to naruto is the book where naruto got his name from. maybe he'll find a note in there that will make him realize he is the fourth's son. maybe a note from jiraiya minato saying congradulations on your baby thank you for calling him naruto or something

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 23:29   Link #146
Luce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
LOL at the Itachi fight injuries comments. The only time Sasuke was hurt in this fight was because of Amaterasu and he negated it with Oral rebirth. But I guess one shooting the second strongest entity of the Narutoverse wasn't enough, Kishi had to give an excuse to Sasuke for having been hurt during the fight.

And Senjutsu is seriously getting retarded. I guess it's Kishi's way to keep Naruto the way he wants him to be. Lot of raw power and stamina and zero skill. And fast healing because since he has zero skill, he is always getting hurt. There won't be a difference between the tails and senjutsu.
Off topic: lol, I like the triple same time post.

On Topic: I have to agree with you a little about Naruto. He keeps getting stronger and stronger, but is still lacking in skill. I do hope that Naruto learns about his parents sometime soon. I still think it is odd that no one has told him who they are. I also would like to know what happened to the frog scroll key, and what exactly it is suppose to do.
Old 2008-09-04, 23:39   Link #147
lousylaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
LOL at the Itachi fight injuries comments.
Seriously! A very worthy line, as if that pathetic end to the fight wasn't enough already *sigh*
lousylaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 23:40   Link #148
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luce View Post
Pretty good chapter, really anxious for the next one. I am excited for what will come of Naruto's training, but I wonder why Naruto did not tell the old toad sage what "that" jutsu is.
I think he means the surikenrasengan, remember he can't use it because of the damage he takes from it, but now that his healing has been boosted he may be able to use it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luce View Post
I do hope that Naruto learns about his parents sometime soon. I still think it is odd that no one has told him who they are.
Why do i have the felling that at the end of the book Naruto was given it will say something around the lines of "i dedicate this book to my student and my godson Naruto".
________
BLACK XXX

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:50.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 23:40   Link #149
Super_Gilby
Shadow Of Death

Send a message via MSN to Super_Gilby
I knew something was off Sasuke wasn't at 100% when facing the 8 tails and he still pwnizzled him so bad xD and for those saying he barely got hurt in that fight he got beat up pretty good and his power went to zero which is life threatening isnt it x.x
Super_Gilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 23:45   Link #150
Luce

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
I think he means the surikenrasengan, remember he can't use it because of the damage he takes from it, but now that his healing has been boosted he may be able to use it.
Good thought, but I don't think this is it. If it was the FRS then why wouldn't Naruto just say the name of the jutsu, instead of saying it. I think/hope he is talking about "that" jutsu, whatever it is.
Old 2008-09-04, 23:46   Link #151
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
I think he means the surikenrasengan, remember he can't use it because of the damage he takes from it, but now that his healing has been boosted he may be able to use it

Why do i have the felling that at the end of the book Naruto was given it will say something around the lines of "i dedicate this book to my student and my godson Naruto".
why would he keep rashenshuriken a secret from the frog? and even so a secrfet from us.. we've seen it done already, that contradicts the whole point. More so, this is probably THAT JUTSU that jiraiy amentioned b4 the gaara arc. So yeah naruto will be inspired by this book and his name appearing in it >,> somehow he will find out about parents etc. the story is getting back to what made part 1 interesting, development along w/ skill
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 23:58   Link #152
Barandax

Jiraya tells Naruto don't use "that" technique, now in this chapter after mastering Nature energy Naruto is wonders if he can use "that" now, but quickly rebuffs when asked what he meant. Seems to me Naruto has something very impressive up his sleeve but only time will tell.
Barandax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 00:13   Link #153
Gamma_Sennin

'that' technique at first glance seemed to be the demon fox cloak.. and i guess in someways more healing would help.. if not do exactly the same thing as before due to rapid damage and repair... Im sure im not the only one here who hopes naruto will develop at least another jutsu.. so 'that' technique in my mind for another week anyways will be taken with great optimism... space time jutsu's anyone.. i might be reaching towards the youngster in me.. but wouldn't it be bad ass to see naruto throw out kunai with tags on it like his daddy.. okies enough from me before i get all excited:S
Gamma_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 00:20   Link #154
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Well, so long Killer Bee. It was nice while it lasted...
I think the story will take a break from Sasuke from a while, which is good.

Which leaves Naruto's training.

I gotta say, I'm not impressed with the training. All it's involved so far is Naruto getting rubbed down with oil and then being physically abused.
Now we move on to the next part of the training which involves the ancient, secret art of....book reading.

Seriously, Pein needs to attack Konoha. Now.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 00:22   Link #155
Fran~
floating away...

FINALLY!!!

Remember:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-05, 00:24   Link #156
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Naruto's training is even more interesting, as well. It seems, from what Old Taod Sage says, that Naruto will gain a partial healing ability as well almost constant chakra and physical boost from nature energy, which certainly goes beyond my initial expectations.
I think what elder toad suggested was instead of using his own energy that would deplete him, Naruto can make use of nature's energy to prevent that. Since you continuously recover, as long as the recovery rate is faster than the rate you consume your own energy/stamina, then it becomes possible to recover faster. From this point of view, it looks like an expected result.

But, for me what goes beyond expectation is Sasuke, in that consumed form, extending the range of his bare chakra sword. I guess Itachi's presence more than made up for the loss of the cursed seal. Now, I am waiting to see that remaining 5 additional MS techniques from Sasuke. Anything less would be disappointing...
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 00:32   Link #157
Fran~
floating away...

i'm done with sasuke, this is a shonen manga named NARUTO... so, i dont bother with the Sasuke stuff...

About elder toad, its kind of simple... for those who read Bleach, Ichigo use his inner spiritual energy, but Ishida takes it from the "surroundings"... it's like a genkidama, when Goku was ki's empty he used everyones energy.

Well, Naruto now has infinite chakra... His Chakra, Kyuubi Chakra AND the whole Mother Nature's Chakra.

He needs some neurons only :lol:
Old 2008-09-05, 00:32   Link #158
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

when naruto says he can do it now, i'm 95% sure he's talking about the rasenshuriken. remember he was forbidden to do it because it damaged him, but since this nature technique heals you, its ok for him to throw them out.

it could also refer to some sort of tailed state control

chapter was still BS though.
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 00:35   Link #159
Fran~
floating away...

There was some talking between Jiraiya and Naruto about a technique he taught him between Naruto and Shippuuden... IIRC before Kakashi Team leaves for Sand Village.
Old 2008-09-05, 00:36   Link #160
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
when naruto says he can do it now, i'm 95% sure he's talking about the rasenshuriken. remember he was forbidden to do it because it damaged him, but since this nature technique heals you, its ok for him to throw them out.

it could also refer to some sort of tailed state control
Yes but, if it was the Rasenshurinken, why would he keep it a secret from the old frog? That technique was common knowledge to pretty much everyone that knows Naruto.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote