Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Oh god damn it I didn't need to be reminded of that abomination of film-making
what? i like tremors the first one anyway
Old 2012-03-22, 00:16   Link #20342
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

My personal theory, is that the earth is reeling from the pain caused by the current GOP primaries, but that's just a wild guess.
Old 2012-03-22, 00:19   Link #20343
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
I hate to defend fox news here, but that image is fake:

http://www.spi0n.com/toolooz-sur-fox...-scooter-noir/

Now for a completely unrelated event: Remember my previous post on Mysterious sounds heard all over the world?

Well now that this phenomenon affected the state of Wisconsin just 3 days ago, the mass media is finally talking about the subject:
Mysterious Booms and Trembles Plague Wisconsin Town, Baffle Scientists

That seems unrelated to the sounds from the sky thing.

The videos with the sounds from the sky, that was freaky. I hope it is just something to do with the electromagnetic sphere, like some scientists say. The thing is, it could be.

I have a question, could that sounds in the sky phenomenon, if it is linked to electromagnetic energy, could it be an indicator to the magnetic poles changing in the not too distant future? Some scientists believe that the earth's magnetic poles could change sometime kind of soon, possibly very soon.
Old 2012-03-22, 00:24   Link #20344
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
The magnetic poles have reversed many times in the past, the world didn't explode as a result...
Old 2012-03-22, 00:25   Link #20345
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

True, nor do I expect it to. It'll really screw up with satellite communications and some other technology, though. Probably will be a huge hassle.

I think the magnetic poles could switch soon. It really seems like earthquakes have increased in activity recently, and my guess is that it has something to do with the magnetic poles and how they will change soon. That is my guess, anyway.
Old 2012-03-22, 00:29   Link #20346
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The earth's poles have shifted a number of times in the last few billion years... but as far as we can tell, they shift slowly - first reducing to basically zero strength and slowly coming back up in the opposite direction. There's really nothing you'd notice other than:
1) useless compass
2) the magnetic field wouldn't be diverting space/solar radiation (though the atmosphere would still stop most of it)
3) Since we have GPS now - compass systems are almost obsolete.

Booms often end up being attributable to secret supersonic events (military). An earth movement can make some amazing noises... certain atmospheric conditions...

Oh, and giant invisible alien spaceships as they land in the various secret facilities we have around the planet.
Old 2012-03-22, 00:29   Link #20347
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It also happens slowly.
Old 2012-03-22, 00:31   Link #20348
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

Booms often end up being attributable to secret supersonic events (military). An earth movement can make some amazing noises... certain atmospheric conditions...

Oh, and giant invisible alien spaceships as they land in the various secret facilities we have around the planet.
Aurora lives. Vexx-jiji should know.

Old 2012-03-22, 00:37   Link #20349
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
That seems unrelated to the sounds from the sky thing.

They are not. It is a mistake on my part to single out the sky as the source of the sounds. The reality is that there is big array of sounds being heard all over. They come from the ground or the sky and some times it seems like both. They can manifest as "sonic booms", "trumpets", hums, jet engines, "explosions" and many more. What they all have in common is that they cannot be pin pointed to an specific location and their source remains a complete mystery.

This youtube link is the most informative one I have found at the moment: It is all huge compilation of all sounds, as well as attempted explanations:

Note: check minute 4:00 for people's descriptions of the phenomena.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2012-03-22 at 00:50.
Old 2012-03-22, 01:52   Link #20350
Chandela
Straight Chillin

Lens Cap Productions, aka "Mr. Anime", is a murderer?

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...of-3421875.php

His latest Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xYz_...1&feature=plcp

Mr Anime, or better known by his Youtube name Lens Cap Productions is a somewhat well known anime reviewer on Youtube and apparently he murdered his entire family, I ask for your thoughts on this AS people.
Old 2012-03-22, 01:54   Link #20351
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I've been following the case of the FL teen Trayvon Martin since day 1, did not expect this to blow up nation wide... but I'm glad it did.

Head over to CNN to see the racist extreme rights coming out of their sheds defending the shooter's action.... geez.
From the evidences given, there's no reason at all for the man to not be under arrest. It's 100% undefendable. HE STALKED AND SHOT AN INNOCENT BOY for god's sakes.
Convicted guilty or not is obviously the court's responsibility, but since his hand in the stalking and killing of the teen is confirmed, it's the duty of the law enforcement to detain this man.
What the hell is wrong with the Sanford PD.

I believe there's going to be a major Federal Investigation into the PD.
Whatever excuse they have, their days are numbered. (Not to mention all the OTHER problems this same PD has had in the last few years..)
Old 2012-03-22, 02:01   Link #20352
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

The PD shouldn't be protecting him. I'm just assuming they are racist and the shooter is racist. I wouldn't be surprised if those things are the case.

I don't want hear this "stand your ground" law defense, either (not a good law, either). He pursued the boy and confronted him, and people wanna say the "stand your ground" law applies to him?
Old 2012-03-22, 02:07   Link #20353
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The shooter is most likely racist, given the response he gave to the police as well as his reasoning.
I wouldn't be too quick to label the Police Dept as such since there's no evidence, just assumptions off circumstantial evidences, of profiling.
Whatever the case is, there's a major stink of corruption in their ranks though.
Old 2012-03-22, 02:27   Link #20354
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandela View Post

Mr Anime, or better known by his Youtube name Lens Cap Productions is a somewhat well known anime reviewer on Youtube and apparently he murdered his entire family, I ask for your thoughts on this AS people.
Read the article. It struck me as really sad. His poor family members. The guy is very sick, for sure. Lock him up for the rest of his life. Since that is Texas, he'll probably be put to death. I just wonder how much of him is evil and how much of him is just mentally ill. Sometimes you don't know when it is a person that has severe mental issues and when it is just "an evil person" (I try not to view people who are horrible as 'evil', I try to look at things as them being delusional and very ignorant of morally straight ways).

Things like this (as well as other things) make me very concerned about America.
Old 2012-03-22, 02:56   Link #20355
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Usually it is things like that that bring out the "traditional values" groups in numbers. Mostly saying that we have strayed off the path, or have turned our back on our own values and point to this sort of thing and say, "this is what happens when we fall off on values". The concept of morality being eroded away by modern society.

In some ways they might be correct. People seem a lot ruder than they use to be. A lot more can be gotten away with than could be done (especially in television were people see it) twenty or thirty year ago. At least in prime time, non-pay per view television.

Is society falling apart? Are out values more flawed than they were thirty or more years ago? I don't know. Maybe it is just because things get reported more often or only the bad things are reported (loudly and frequently). Maybe the Internet has changed how people act. Maybe nothing has changed....we just think it changed. And because we think it changed....it changed (locks on doors, people afraid to let their children play outside. More fences and detactors around the schools and airports, and any number of places.)

The problem is figuring what to do about it...without falling back to a probable false past that didn't exist....or at least not the fictionalized version of that past. And certainly not to rewind Civil Rights sixty years in the process.
Old 2012-03-22, 03:04   Link #20356
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Chevron, Transocean charged in Brazilian oil spill
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...82K0PL20120321
Quote:
A Brazilian federal prosecutor filed criminal charges on Wednesday against Chevron and drill-rig operator Transocean for a November oil spill, raising the stakes in a legal saga that has added to Chevron's woes in Latin America and could slow Brazil's offshore oil boom.
Old 2012-03-22, 03:40   Link #20357
Echoes

Quote:

Wow... so that's... wow. I've been watching him now and then for a long time, years. He was always sort of goofy and eccentric, but never struck me as violent or that mentally unhinged. His entire family? That's horrible beyond words, and feels almost surreal. Guess that just goes to show how much of a front and persona people can put up online. Never think you know someone just from watching their videos or blogs.

This is actually the third guy I've watched on youtube who has committed such an atrocity. (The other two being Tony48219 and the Finnish guy who shot up his school, killing 8.)
Old 2012-03-22, 03:44   Link #20358
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

1) He hasn't been convicted.
2) We don't know the details of the facts.

So.... my thoughts are to wait for a trial and other than he was interested in anime as a hobby, I'm not seeing much to say.

================================================== ================================================== ======
In other news, this alleged mass murdering soldier is starting to appear to be a real piece of work .... many people may have died simply so he could skip out on a court judgement???
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...82K1IY20120322

Quote:
The U.S. soldier accused of killing 16 civilians in Afghanistan left for war without paying a $1.5 million judgment for defrauding an elderly client in a stock scheme, and remains shielded from the obligation as long as he remains in the military, legal experts said.
He worked for a number of financial firms that were neck deep in shady, illegal, and unethical operations.
Old 2012-03-22, 04:11   Link #20359
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

^ How much time left did he had before being turned back to civil world ?
Old 2012-03-22, 04:33   Link #20360
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The man who helped 'simplify' Chinese

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international