Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-17, 11:52   Link #2541
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
What if that is our fate? Perhaps the courier is indeed talos who is trying to make the dovahkiin stronger to once again prove a mortal can become a god.
a single mortal defeated the world eater on his own ground in sovngarde, thus this same mortal managed to chill the fuck down of tulius and ulfric(if the Truce is infact canon).
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 12:48   Link #2542
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
What if that is our fate? Perhaps the courier is indeed talos who is trying to make the dovahkiin stronger to once again prove a mortal can become a god.
Well, the previous hero became a Daedric prince. In an expansion no less.

What if Talos want YOU to replace him? If a player can become Daedra, why can't the player also become Aedra?
Old 2012-04-17, 13:06   Link #2543
DuoRanger
Banned

well bethesda trolled eveyone, is dishonored trailer
Old 2012-04-17, 13:06   Link #2544
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
well bethesda trolled eveyone, is dishonored trailer
Oh well, guess it is too early for Expansion talks.
Old 2012-04-17, 13:37   Link #2545
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Nexus Mod Manager appears to be working again for downloads and revision checks - problem was up at the "mother ship server".
Old 2012-04-21, 23:27   Link #2546
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And... I seem to have broken my skyrim.... its crashing-to-desktop just as soon as I hit the loading screen. Time for the fun game of "pull out all the settings, back all mods out, etc"

edit: meh, copied the folder off to the side and re-installing the whole thing. Don't have time to play incremental detective...

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-04-22 at 00:27.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 00:04   Link #2547
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Finally finished the "no stones unturned" quest. Now, I am literally swimming in Gems. And I am already rich from all the side questing to get all the stones. Maybe I will try to fill a flower pot with diamonds...
Old 2012-04-23, 01:26   Link #2548
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Re-installed skyrim and used the opportunity to minimize my mods to "best of" ... I suspect that one of my visual mods left an illegal setting and didn't clean up after itself even though I uninstalled it. I figured I was starting over ... but my save games were backed up via the manager and so far they seem to have survived just fine.
Old 2012-04-23, 09:06   Link #2549
DuoRanger
Banned

well i've stopped for a while due to fallout and Diablo 3 beta

here's the lats pic
Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-23, 10:52   Link #2550
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Re-installed skyrim and used the opportunity to minimize my mods to "best of" ... I suspect that one of my visual mods left an illegal setting and didn't clean up after itself even though I uninstalled it. I figured I was starting over ... but my save games were backed up via the manager and so far they seem to have survived just fine.
Lucky you, I return to my previous saves without crashing but the world's a little screwed up. Like flying grindstones and world holes. There is a fireplace coming out of my white-run bed as well.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 12:56   Link #2551
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Lucky you, I return to my previous saves without crashing but the world's a little screwed up. Like flying grindstones and world holes. There is a fireplace coming out of my white-run bed as well.
I have had a couple of odd problems (the Rorikstead guards attacked my 2hander girl on sight - she had to kill them all and pay the fine). The random mob from Hagraven to Dragon falling out of the sky.

When it isn't annoying the hell out of one, its kind of fascinating to watch things misbehave. Complex software, wheeee.

Oh, I do crash on clicking "GENERAL STATS" on one character.... I read that manipulating mods that affect perks *can* create that bug. The fix seems to be to figure out which mod was the culprit and re-install it whether you want it or not.
Old 2012-04-23, 13:18   Link #2552
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I've finally finished the main quest and civil war, so I'm going to stop.

Anyone else thinks the unique weapons are really underwhelming? I mean, I suppose they can be nice if you get them when you're low level, but with enough skill points in smithing and enchantment, they just can't keep up.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 14:13   Link #2553
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Anyone else thinks the unique weapons are really underwhelming? I mean, I suppose they can be nice if you get them when you're low level, but with enough skill points in smithing and enchantment, they just can't keep up.
Well the whole vanilla design was half-assed and not balanced. However, there is a mod that makes unique gears scale with your perks/level or something.

The only unique gear I liked was Ebony Plate. Blade of woe was okay. Staffs were kind of bad. Everything else is like not mention-worthy.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 14:16   Link #2554
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I liked Dawnbreaker. Exploding draugrs are fun.
Old 2012-04-23, 14:26   Link #2555
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've so modded the game it is almost hard to remember what the vanilla versions were like but yeah, the weapons required a lot of modding not to stink (and I don't mean overpowering them, just making them actually somehow unique rather than loot-crap).

I've got a couple of characters that it simply doesn't make sense for them to get into the civil war or the dragon plot -- my assassin and my thief. I might have them go through the civil war but mostly because if they support the Imperials it might be a more profitable world for them. My assassin lords it over the Dark Brotherhood and my thief runs her Guild ....life is good for them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's my current primary focus character and her follower, I'll likely have her go through the whole dragon plot as she's more the "accidental hero" type:
Zephyr is a very tall Redguard woman, a roaming sellsword. She prefers two-handed, loathes magic, and sneaks like a drunken ox. She's competent with a bow. Her shadow is Lydia (or rather Lydia 2.0 after tinkering), a tiny Breton lass of 1H+bow that the Whiterun Jarl gave to Zephyr more as a big joke. His subjects chuckle when the tall dark Zephyr and the short bright Lydia are shopping in the market.
Old 2012-04-23, 14:54   Link #2556
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oy I hope she's good at blocking with that sword, id hate to be her when archers show up.
Old 2012-04-23, 15:07   Link #2557
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

The problem is crafting being so much more important than normal. More importantly, the Enchant skill being powered up to the point when very few Uniques can match home made weapons.
Old 2012-04-23, 17:30   Link #2558
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Oy I hope she's good at blocking with that sword, id hate to be her when archers show up.
I've got the Deadly Archery mod turned on... (mobs can do almost lethal arrow damage like I can) so yeah, she does spend a fair amount of time hiding behind stuff and letting the shield pixie draw fire... she's also perked up a bit with archery herself for distance work.

I just get bored with the "mobile tank" warrior real quickly - I like having vulnerabilities that cause me to solve problems in different ways (like luring a giant into a pack of Thalmor and then finishing off the survivors).

But then you're probably remarking on the "high fantasy" gear That's about as far as I'll go in the "skin" department before it just starts looking "VictoriaSecretStupid".

==============================
There's mods that will tune down the Crafting so the unique weapons stay nifty.... and there are also mods to crank up the uniques. I've got a smithing mod to correct a lot of the wonkiness of the what-you-can-craft-when (that also permits improving uniques, etc) and I've got a weapons/armor mod that corrects a llot of the power/defense level distributions. ... or more precisely, it better reflects my understanding of ancient weapons and armor before we worry about magic-whatnot.
Old 2012-04-23, 17:31   Link #2559
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The problem is crafting being so much more important than normal. More importantly, the Enchant skill being powered up to the point when very few Uniques can match home made weapons.
Even without it, the fact that the uniques (some of them, anyway) aren't affected by smithing perks is a problem.
Old 2012-04-23, 19:12   Link #2560
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
But then you're probably remarking on the "high fantasy" gear That's about as far as I'll go in the "skin" department before it just starts looking "VictoriaSecretStupid".
More like "low fantasy" to be honest. She looks like she was pulled directly out of Robert E. Howard's The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian!

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim