Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-06-10, 19:59   Link #1501
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazou View Post
I was in the opposite boat of everyone. Sure this was action pack. But I actually found the episode quite boring and not very interesting.

Also, its hard when you watch videos about real sword fighting. And no one gave a flying fishsticks. No one in the sword fights were keeping their guard up. Going for power blows all the time isn't a good idea since you leave yourself open to getting gutted. Which they did.
Nah, I actually wasn't huge on this episode either. I thought the giants were cool, but I really am not very interested by the wildling conflict. The ice zombies are the only intriguing thing, but they've been a bit too vague in that to really retain my interest in that regard, either.

Also, the Ygritte/Jon subplot was always painfully uninteresting to me and the Sam/Gillie subplot was also excruciatingly boring. Just wasted screen time that could be spent on more interesting characters.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 23:18   Link #1502
Hazou
Immortal Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Nah, I actually wasn't huge on this episode either. I thought the giants were cool, but I really am not very interested by the wildling conflict. The ice zombies are the only intriguing thing, but they've been a bit too vague in that to really retain my interest in that regard, either.

Also, the Ygritte/Jon subplot was always painfully uninteresting to me and the Sam/Gillie subplot was also excruciatingly boring. Just wasted screen time that could be spent on more interesting characters.
Glad we're in the same boat. I'll be honest I am one of those people who skips over the stuff I don't care about:

-Bran and three eyed raven, its such a slog and such a bore, skip, will watch some pieces if its looks important otherwise, stop talking and shut up

-Jon and the Wall, not everything, will watch some pieces, but then I skip

-The lady and the guy who is trying to claim the iron throne, and she had a demon baby, I skip

Yeah....I sound like an asshole.

Burn strongly and freely, my immortal flames.
Hazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 02:32   Link #1503
EroKing

The Watchers on The Wall.

Old 2014-06-12, 05:14   Link #1504
DMurphy

I'm hoping that the next episode will be a strong, plot-heavy finale that puts us in good stead for the next series.

I've liked this series a lot, but so far this year it's felt a lot like they've had too little plot to spread over too many episodes and too many viewpoints, and that the show's suffered for it a little.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 05:35   Link #1505
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Finale will be extra long (66 minutes) and it's the show's Emmy submission for Best Writing - so clearly Benioff and Weiss are confident it's a good one.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 20:32   Link #1506
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Hopefully it is Tyrion-plot-thread heavy.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 07:15   Link #1507
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset View Post
Yes, he did.

And Sam finally got some from Gilly!

Way To Go, kiddo!
Still grinning about his little "Yea, I'ma bad ass" nod XD

She was gonna shoot Jon anyway, she was pulling back the bow more just before he was taken out.
Old 2014-06-13, 07:34   Link #1508
DMurphy

Damn if I don't adore Sam. I didn't like him at all when he was first introduced, but he's one of the most understated characters on the show, and he has this soft exterior which hides a core of absolute iron.

Really, he was the shining star of this episode, not Jon. Not that Jon was bad, but Ygritte and Sam were much more interesting to me.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 18:11   Link #1509
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

That realization that the season finale is already right around the corner...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 21:03   Link #1510
Dark Wing

Happy Fathers Day Tywin!
Old 2014-06-15, 21:58   Link #1511
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Happy Fathers Day Tywin!
lol I was thinking the exact same thing. You beat me to it
Old 2014-06-15, 22:28   Link #1512
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Bet it was a shit of a day.
Old 2014-06-15, 22:55   Link #1513
Who

That scene could have been so much more powerful if they included the entire scene from the book. Kind of disappointed that it didn't.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 23:22   Link #1514
GDB

Really good episode. Loved the Arya and Hound scene. Tyrion was good as always. And while I've been a big fan of Daeny, this season has made her look really bad. She went from tied at number 1 down to 4th on my favorite characters list.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 23:40   Link #1515
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

freaking epic, Tyrion killing Tywin is pure poetic justice! Next season we'll see Arya's adventures in Bravos, paving her way to become a badass swordswoman. But goddamn, waiting on a whole year for the next season is going to be painful.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 23:45   Link #1516
GDB

Oh yeah, and Brienne vs the Hound was awesome. Some really cheap shots from both sides, and the Hound got flipped off a freaking cliff!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 00:22   Link #1517
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

my god, Brienne got cunt punted. i had to pause to stop laughing. but that's one way to tie up those story lines. it seems like they jammed a lot of stuff into this ep though. guess they kind of had to in order to start the store lines for next season.

Bran is finally doing something cool. good for him!

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 00:36   Link #1518
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
freaking epic, Tyrion killing Tywin is pure poetic justice!
That maybe so but lets not forget that Tywin was the only one holding Kings Landing together and with him gone that leaves Cersei in charge and she's just been a walking ball of stability lately hasn't she?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
while I've been a big fan of Daeny, this season has made her look really bad. She went from tied at number 1 down to 4th on my favorite characters list.
If you're referring to what happened to the dragons I ask what else was she suppose to do? one of them had already killed a child and as they've grown they've become harder to control. Locking them up was her only option and you can tell it really hurt her to have to do it.
Old 2014-06-16, 00:46   Link #1519
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Really good episode. Loved the Arya and Hound scene. Tyrion was good as always. And while I've been a big fan of Daeny, this season has made her look really bad. She went from tied at number 1 down to 4th on my favorite characters list.
Yea, what she did to what's his face without giving it any thought brought her down a bit on my list.
Old 2014-06-16, 01:06   Link #1520
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Yea, what she did to what's his face without giving it any thought brought her down a bit on my list.
To be fair had Jorah just been up front with her earlier he could've minimize the damage done.

Tags
game of thrones, hbo