AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-16, 14:53   Link #21
LunaNeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaNeko
That's why it sucks! He looks TOO normal, how come HE got special normal looking transformation and Sound 5 looked like sh**?
If he looked like some ugly-ass monster, then I would be impressed...SS3 - no thanks!

AAAAAAHHHHHHH! Wait, stupid me...Sasuke is Oro's favourite, of course he gonna get nice transformation. *imagines Oro looking over Sasuke's lvl2 character designs*: "Awwwwwwww! My Sasuke-kun is SOOOOO CUUUUUUTEEEEEE!"
LunaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 14:59   Link #22
Dodong

maybe kakashi's seal has something to do with his not so monstrous lvl 2 curse seal change.
Dodong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:02   Link #23
Srin Tuar
無謀

Mini translation:

Narrarator: Strong emotions, the chakura is taking on the form of a fox demon.
SAsuke: wth, thats not ordinary chakura
Jiraiya: as expected the target is naruto
Itati: Bring back naruto, thats what my superiors at akatuki ordered me to do
Sasuke thinks: Well its looks like you have some special powers. Now I understand.
Sasuke: wth, chakura alone. I can completely see naruto's movements. But his chakura is moving independantly. Its almost as if the chakura is moving to a will of its own. And these eyes cant see those movements.
Sasuke: close quarters fighting is dangerous. Katon fireball jutu
Sasuke: that chakura is protecting him
Sasuke, scared, to self: Calm down. Fight from a distance and he wont catch you.
Sasuke: What?
Sasuke: Dammit. Barely dodged it.
Sasuke laughs
Sasuke: I dont have any choice.
Sasuke: I dont know how Ill turn out if i use this power but, I dont have any choice.
Sasuke: You are special. But,
Sasuke: I am more special than you!
Kakashi: Just a bit more [ to go ].

Last edited by Srin Tuar; 2004-09-16 at 15:51.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:06   Link #24
DracoBattousai
Within the Shadows

With no Internet for the mast few months, I have missed out on a lot of the Naruto Manga and recent episodes.

I've had to resort to small clips in posts for some images, and then just the summaries of each chapter for awhile and so haven't made any posts, but I just used a friends computer to read all the recent chapters. From what I understand, it is getting a bit repetitive but damn, stop comparing everything to DBZ. You don't see them making moves that will destroy the whole of the world, or even a large chunk of it, you don't see them sending people halfway around the world in a single hit (across rivers into mountains is not even close so don't try and compare the two), you don't see them flying miles into the air and dukin' it out up in the sky, they don't even fly dammit, they jump, they run, they can run up walls and on water with chakra, it's completely different.

What can possibly be related here is the powering up of the characters. But DBZ didn't start that by any means. It's what just about everything in anime/manga is based on. Not always looking or acting in the same way, but in every manga I have read or every anime I have seen, hell, even in real life at times it's the basis. You get in a fight or battle or war or whatever the hell your in, and if your enemy happens to be stronger, what do you do? You either devise a means around the overwhelming strength, numbers, weapons, etc. or you get better, stronger, bigger weapons, etc. In anime/manga it's the same, your opponent is stronger, you either find away around your opponents strength, or get stronger (strength is not always meant as strength but can be used to summarize a better fortified location in battle, a larger force, a better car, many things).

I myself find this manga to be superb and enjoy the fighting taking place currently, I also enjoy the flashbacks the occur as I enjoy getting background infformation, and everytime they do a flashback that is somewhat similar to a previous one, they always add something more, a little more information.

Now as for predictions, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict Kakashi's death upon his arrival of the battle and consequent attempt to resolve the situation. Just something new, ain't seen it predicted yet.
DracoBattousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:10   Link #25
Wolf-Sensei
5th Hokage

this chapter was 100% predictable. And ofc sasuke had to do another Katon (like he hadnt done 2 or 3 before against naruto in this fight -_- )
What i didnt expect was Sasuke to look so gay... plz now no one can deny it! SASUKE DOES LOOK GAY! LOOK AT THAT BLOND OR WHITE HAIR OR WHATEVER THAT COLOR IS... AND RED LIPS? WTF...
Wolf-Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:12   Link #26
Steffa
Ninja Guru

u are right
the power-ups are nothing compared to dbz too...i mean seriously....they are just showing their full strength but they still seem to have limits.....

i love sasuke's transformation what's the thing between his eyes? a star? i think this level 2 will make some difference in the sharigam i can't wait to see what sasuke can do....maybe we will see a new skill...
i don't know about naruto's nine tails...but i think something is gonna happen to him...maybe all this chakra use will exhaust his body
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:13   Link #27
wb_hicks

nice chapter but it seems like naruto fighting still is simialar to garaa trasnformed. but finially the battle is coming to an end. i guess we got one or two more chapters b4 they will close this one up.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:14   Link #28
Satoru

I don't care about Sasuke's cs lvl2 look but I really don't like the development of Kyubi-Naruto. It's very similar to Chouji's Butterfly-chakra-form which looked pretty stupid imo.
I don't know about you guys but this is no longer the ninja-fighting I liked so much. A powerboost is alright, but Naruto should use it for jutsus instead of swirling his chakra arms around like an idiot. From now on, Naruto will probably use this kind of power in future fights, too.
I want to see clever Jounin-fights instead of genin monsters playing the power-up game. DAMN IT!!
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:16   Link #29
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Sasuke: You are special. But,
Sasuke: I am more special than you!
Kakashi: Just a bit more.
Wow, that's really cool how Kishimoto did that. It's like he used Kakashi to confirm that Sasuke is indeed just a bit more special than Naruto.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:20   Link #30
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoBattousai
, stop comparing everything to DBZ. You don't see them making moves that will destroy the whole of the world, or even a large chunk of it, you don't see them sending people halfway around the world in a single hit (across rivers into mountains is not even close so don't try and compare the two), you don't see them flying miles into the air and dukin' it out up in the sky, they don't even fly dammit, they jump, they run, they can run up walls and on water with chakra, it's completely different.
well at least not yet...at the beggining DB nobody did none of those thing....and looks how that turn out to be...........

Old 2004-09-16, 15:20   Link #31
OMchan
オムちゃん

Heh, it looks like the pic I posted of Sasuke in lvl 2 form before was real after all.

I thought it was an okay chapter... but I still think Sasuke looks weird around the face.

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:29   Link #32
EfrainMan
Scourge of the Seven Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
Wow, that's really cool how Kishimoto did that. It's like he used Kakashi to confirm that Sasuke is indeed just a bit more special than Naruto.
...unless he meant "Just a little further"

After the transformations and power-ups are FINALLY finished, we still wait another week...*sigh*

And Sasuke looks gay
EfrainMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:35   Link #33
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
No, no, Kakashi is not there with them.

He means "I'm almost there", "Just a bit more [to go]".
Old 2004-09-16, 15:36   Link #34
Gon the Freec
1337 member ......

Dudes i just saw this chapter and i think another power up will come unless as some1 stated before that Naruto gets exhausted or something .
But was this Naruto's awakening ?
I liked how Naruto didnt say a word....
Gon the Freec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:38   Link #35
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-Sensei
this chapter was 100% predictable...

Show me the post were somone predicted this whole chapter. Or a collection of posts in the same topic were someone predicted every single panel in this chapter. You can't? I knwo, cause that statement is full of crap. Making you, the one who said it, full of it.

I liked this chapter alot, because those kyuubi arms are rad. ALSO because I get the feeling, that at the most, 2 chapters will end this arc, and give us a new one. Also I expect all this powering up, will ditract many from the thought of Kakashi, and that he will be killed off trying to stop the battle. Now that would be a plot twist.
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:39   Link #36
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
No, no, Kakashi is not there with them.

He means "I'm almost there", "Just a bit more [to go]".
Mou Sukoshi literally means "Just a little more"

I know that in Kakashi's context he can't possibly mean that Sasuke is more special than Naruto. He is nowhere near them.

HOWEVER

The placement of it directly after Sasuke's line of "I'm more special than you" Is not some accident. Have you ever read a story before? It's called allusion.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:45   Link #37
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
I'm more special than you.....wouldn't think so
I think it's more special to have one of the worlds worst demons ever with never ending chakra that almost crushed entire konoha, sealed inside my stomach then to have some useless trash on the back of the neck that some sick pedophil invented
ninja massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:49   Link #38
Satoru

There's no way in hell Kakashi will die here. lol
My prediction is that Kabuto (Sasuke's new Sensei) will show up about the same time as Kakashi (Narutos Sensei). There won't be a fight because Kakashi is tired from his mission. That would be the third encounter of those two without a fight, again implying a Kakashi/Kabuto battle in the future.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:53   Link #39
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
The placement of it directly after Sasuke's line of "I'm more special than you" Is not some accident. Have you ever read a story before? It's called allusion.
It cannot be interpreted that way, imo. Sorry if I confused you.
Old 2004-09-16, 15:55   Link #40
kwanseemun

Send a message via AIM to kwanseemun
I really rather enjoyed this chapter...the way Naruto's chakra was used was cool, although it was kinda like gaara's sand. btw, can u ppl PLEASE stop comparing naruto to dbz, seriously, i've seen about a million posts complaining about how naruto is like dbz...its not and even if it were...we get the point!
kwanseemun is offline   Reply With Quote