AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 113 Rating
Perfect 10 50 45.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 25.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.83%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-29, 04:59   Link #641
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Swordsman View Post
Speaking of the mistake Clare is making, anyone have any theories on what it may be? Rafaela seems to suggest her memories hold the answer. I'm eager to find out what this is.
logically the mistake most likely is her overwhelming desire for revenge that she should drop it as this is not what Teresa wanted
Old 2011-03-29, 06:32   Link #642
The Black Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
logically the mistake most likely is her overwhelming desire for revenge that she should drop it as this is not what Teresa wanted
hmmm maybe.. I hope its something more exciting than that though.
Old 2011-03-29, 13:51   Link #643
evil_kenshin

Quote:
hmmm maybe.. I hope its something more exciting than that though.
i wouldn't get your hopes up just yet; yagi will want clare to take the moral high ground at the end
Old 2011-03-29, 17:04   Link #644
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
That's to obvious. I think the mistake is something different. Perhaps something concerning teresa or the half-awakened state or it was simply about trying to awaken in order to defeat priscilla. This went obviously wrong because clare was unable.
But i doubt the mistake was already revealed.
Old 2011-03-29, 18:06   Link #645
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
But i doubt the mistake was already revealed.
It is obligatory that the mistake is something that has already been revealed and even approached many times in the manga. Otherwise, it's boring and meaningless.
Old 2011-03-29, 22:16   Link #646
Aimless
Insufficiently Inebriated

Quote:
Speaking of the mistake Clare is making, anyone have any theories on what it may be? Rafaela seems to suggest her memories hold the answer. I'm eager to find out what this is.
Huh? The mistake Clare made? What nonsense is this?

I would have thought it was obvious. She woke Rafaela up. How much bigger of a mistake do you need?
Old 2011-03-29, 23:08   Link #647
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Ermm.... I'ma bit lost, but does anyone know when the next chap going to be released? Think I missed that part of chap's delay or something though wasn't sure...
Old 2011-03-30, 00:11   Link #648
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

I would have thought it was obvious. She woke Rafaela up. How much bigger of a mistake do you need?
she didn't willfully wake Rafaela up.
Old 2011-03-30, 06:45   Link #649
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

I remember sometime back also contemplating about possible mistakes it could have been... Obviously one of the main arguments were that Claire's impulsive pursue of Prissy...

After some I am actually tending to think it cannot be either Claire's pursue of Prissy or her awakening Rafaela. Obviously Raf don't know Claire's intentions hence she can't think the former reason... and waking Raf happened anyways (though Claire even didn't know how she managed to get into her mind) which can't be the reason as either way she was going to awaken after that.

Therefore I am more inclined to think this could be something else... for example we all know both Raf and Claire had connections with Rubel... so this could mean some kind of a warning or advice not to be tempted by his provocations (which was the main reason Claire even knew about Raf's location in the first place). I also wonder if the conversion which she had was really implying anything at all? As we know she was already in a state of awakening and how much information she mentioned could have been true or reliable?
Old 2011-03-30, 09:30   Link #650
rafael1932
claymores pimp

The warning was the destroyer itself.
Rafaela does not know clare or what she wants, she just meet her just once
I real doubt that rafela knew any kind of thing concerning rubel. If rubel said the truth to her she would go berserk and revenge her family and sister on the mibs. She alone would destroy the org. don’t remember if Teresa was around but even her ( Teresa was young and weak at a time and there was a time that rafeala knew that Teresa was dead); so plenty good opportunities to her to attack and be able to revenge her family and after she could kill her sister
So if we pick all this, the only reasonably solution would be the destroyer
Old 2011-03-30, 16:48   Link #651
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Keep in mind, Rafaela was partially formed from Clare's own memory in the mental world, so it wouldn't be surprising for her to know some of Clare's intent/feelings.

That said, I'm pretty sure it is at least related to her obsession for revenge on Priscilla.
Old 2011-03-30, 17:18   Link #652
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Keep in mind, Rafaela was partially formed from Clare's own memory in the mental world, so it wouldn't be surprising for her to know some of Clare's intent/feelings.

That said, I'm pretty sure it is at least related to her obsession for revenge on Priscilla.
I agree 100%; if they were "linked", then it wouldn't surprise me if Rafaela knew more about Claire then Claire was aware of.

That said, what Anarchy says about the secret having to be something Rafaela is aware of, also make sense.

Haven't posted in a long while, though I disagree with alot of things going around, like Claire vs Pris being the main plot of the story, Claire is the protagonist...I do agree that the author is better off not going to the mainland (and if he does, keep that as part of a seperate sequel).

Don't really feel like getting into anything though
Old 2011-03-30, 17:19   Link #653
The Black Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

Assuming it is correct, the translation I have reads word for word

Rafaela: "And now through the power of your memories my former mind is being reconstructed as we speak.. presumably so that I might tell you that which you must know."
Clare: "that which I must know?"
Rafaela: "you are making.. one very large mistake"

Clare then questions further but Rafaela says there is little time to waste (due to the destroyer awakening) and then lastly responds with "From here on out you must come to understand through that body you bear".

So this leads me to believe that it is something about Clare herself that she has not realised (which I guess could be that revenge is not the answer).

This is all taken from chapter 92 so please correct me if my translation is off.
Old 2011-03-30, 18:04   Link #654
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Just reread. It is something new that we can’t possible know, not the destroyer itself. I don’t buy the obsession with pris, she gain the right to kill pris. If it is the only option to kill her is to awaken, then is not a big secret because clare says that after – when she is facing her and deneve and Helen are around.
Old 2011-03-30, 18:07   Link #655
Butagami

Quote:
Assuming it is correct, the translation I have reads word for word

Rafaela: "And now through the power of your memories my former mind is being reconstructed as we speak.. presumably so that I might tell you that which you must know."
Clare: "that which I must know?"
Rafaela: "you are making.. one very large mistake"

Clare then questions further but Rafaela says there is little time to waste (due to the destroyer awakening) and then lastly responds with "From here on out you must come to understand through that body you bear".

So this leads me to believe that it is something about Clare herself that she has not realised (which I guess could be that revenge is not the answer).

This is all taken from chapter 92 so please correct me if my translation is off.
This part made me come with a theorie about the "mistake" Clare's making. It IS about her exacting revenge upon priscilla, but in a different way. Clare's thought of "avenging Teresa" is wrong because Teresa isn't exactly dead. Her head wasimplanted after all (despite my earlier belief that it was unlikely -.-)and she literally lives on in Clare. What we're getting now (the old No. 1's being revived with youki) is hinting at death not being the end for claymores. Maybe Teresa is slowly awakening (not in an AB way :P). Somehow the dead flesh implanted in warriors starts producing youki again. That same process could also be what "jumpstarted" Teresa's brain again. Perhaps even the minds of Clare and Teresa are starting to fuse. Raphaela, being in a similar situation, would probably be the best at recognizing this.

This is, again, a whole lot of speculation on my side. Please tell me what you think of this idea (please tell me as well that no one has said this before -.-)
Old 2011-03-30, 23:20   Link #656
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

@Butagami

The concern with the revived warriors is how much of their former selves could actually be present? My thinking is that they are more zombies than actual former selves... In fact my understanding is that yoki can revive a body and produce actions... but it cannot revive the souls... therefore maybe Teresa is alive in Claire but that being only her yoki and memories (which Claire had with her) and nothing more... unfortunately I think Teresa's soul is gone.

Even in case of Raphaela you would realise the fusion with her sister never kept Lucy alive... only her body acted as a fusion cocoon and only Raph's soul remained which also was apparently vanquished with her awakening.

But nice speculation

It would be most interesting to see how the revived warrior act out in the battle field, like whether they could actually converse or are more or less zombified (like the AF, which is also interesting because this is a sure way which the org controls the warriors and might actually adapt the same process with the amount of time and experimentation being done)
Old 2011-03-31, 00:54   Link #657
GundamZZ
残念美人

Let's see what story will be like. The predictivity is uncertain.

It is not a good time for celebration.

The next chapter coming out later this month will be the 10th anniversary issue. It looks like the result of the logistic issue.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2011-03-31, 02:42   Link #658
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I've isolated the symbols for 8 warriors in ch 113. Of the new generation, I've isolated 8 more. Doesn't include 1 to 8 and 47.
Old 2011-03-31, 05:39   Link #659
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami
This part made me come with a theorie about the "mistake" Clare's making. It IS about her exacting revenge upon priscilla, but in a different way. Clare's thought of "avenging Teresa" is wrong because Teresa isn't exactly dead. Her head wasimplanted after all (despite my earlier belief that it was unlikely -.-)and she literally lives on in Clare. What we're getting now (the old No. 1's being revived with youki) is hinting at death not being the end for claymores. Maybe Teresa is slowly awakening (not in an AB way :P). Somehow the dead flesh implanted in warriors starts producing youki again. That same process could also be what "jumpstarted" Teresa's brain again. Perhaps even the minds of Clare and Teresa are starting to fuse. Raphaela, being in a similar situation, would probably be the best at recognizing this.
I think that will come closer to what the mistake really is. Clare and Rafaella have this one thing in common:
They both have undergone some kind of fusion with another person who was made from the same yoma material.
And we still don't know what brought clare to the merged sisters in the first place.
We should remember that clare was a ghost emitting no yoki. Raftela was unable to manipulate miria in this state.
How the hell could rafaella remote control clare?
This is imo one of the key scenes in claymore and the last word is not spoken here.
Old 2011-03-31, 06:41   Link #660
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

@irvinethearcher

I think the difference in power scale is quite obvious, which is why Raf/Lucy was able to lure in Claire. Simple analogy is the demo given about the yoki manipulation by Gala and the turtle AB in Pieta. Therefore the higher the level of the being, the more it can do in terms of yoki manipulation and such.... (I also assume Raf has some special training in soul sync and such which get ampd up in her AB state).

But the connection Raf has with Claire in terms of same yoki fusion is quite interesting... though I don't see how this could create a connection between them...

The only two links I can think of are Teresa and Rubel. However like you said imo aswell this was one of the most awesome scenes (as I saw Claire in her uber form unleashing QS )