Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-08-15, 01:44   Link #5321
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
And almost exactly a month later, Conte just accepted the offer to coach the italian national team... Still, the italians should be throwing a parade to celebrate the fact that they managed to avoid Mancini taking over the national team
I can tell you why he accepted:

+ huge salary
+ He's been given not only the role of the national team coach but also the job that was of Arrigo Sacchi, as coordinator of the whole youth sector
+ He'll have total freedom in managing the team and will also organize frequent stages outside of the regular schedule that team Italy will have to go through

Basically he wants the sort of control he'd have at a club (and even beyond that actually), which is why he accepted.

It's good news, though at the same time people are obviously wondering what's going to happen with Balotelli and Immobile now that Conte has taken the reins.

Conte is a coach who wants a team who works hard, trains hard and spills sweat and blood during the week and on the pitch. Balotelli doesn't exactly fit the image of that sort of player so there's a chance that, unless Conte manages to "convert" him (like he did with Vucinic at Juve), he might end up dropping him out of the team.

As for Immobile, for reasons that I am not aware of Conte never had an enthusiastic opinion of the player (despite performing extremely well), but maybe now that he's at Dortmund playing in the CL he might still consider him among the candidates.

I'm certainly expecting to see Giuseppe Rossi being called up, and even Giovinco if he gets more playing time at Juve. Roma's Destro and Florenzi could also be joining team Italy on a regular basis.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 00:41   Link #5322
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

OMG ITS KICK OFF DAY!!!!! lower case.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 08:45   Link #5323
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

So Moyes out?
Old 2014-08-16, 09:29   Link #5324
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

They want the next manager out too. 1-2 at home.

Someone clone Fergie please.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 13:20   Link #5325
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

WELSH JESUS! WELSH JESUS!

Following Arsenal is really, really bad for my heart. Come on guys, two extra time goals? Late winner!? ALL THIS IN THE FIRST GAME!!!!?!

The Emirates exploded in sound...so did I.

Edit:

Such an Arsenal game. Late winner, Aaron Ramsey hero of the hour, a supposedly imploded Crystal Palace without their manager putting in a massive defensive effort, we held something ridiculous like 75% possession, but aside from Sanchez's efforts our attack was numb until The Ox came on in the last 30. Cazorla with some really beautiful moves, but no payoff. Wilshere couldn't yet influence the game in a big way.

I think I need to talk to my doctor about heart medicine.

There are also things to take heart on. Chambo...the new one...gave an excellent showing alongside Koscielny. Monreal gave in a good effort after he came on for Kieran Gibbs. Sanchez fought his heart out -- as his positioning improves as he gets used to the new team, he will be a fearsome force. The Ox coming on gave Arsenal an immediate sharpness and speed. Giroud threatened when he came on -- should he be fit and gets the rest he needs, I think the gooner fans should revise their sometimes low opinion of him.

Can't wait for Theo and ze Germans to come back.

COYG. Make Chelsea pay. Conquer the league.

Arsenal 2 - Crystal Palace 1.

Last edited by Irenicus; 2014-08-16 at 13:31.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 13:29   Link #5326
LoveYouSaber

Arsenal wins, Manchester United loses, life goes on as usual.

Typical Arsenal to give heart attacks to fans, as Irenicus mentioned.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 17:24   Link #5327
Pablete
Banned

Real Madrid got tricked by a fake CR7
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The security must be really awful or the guy was that good.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 06:24   Link #5328
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Too many decisive goals at final minutes for EPL 1st round. Arsenal, extra time. Spur, extra time. Everton conceded at 86th minutes. I think Liverpool also scored in 82-83rd minute? All of the game is either draw or separated by only one goal too.

Swansea and Spur are winners of this round through. The former due to the fixture, unless MU gonna hand out points at home again this season. The later was due to red card to 10 men + missed penalty + score last minute.

I don't like Spur. So a real pity.
Old 2014-08-18, 20:38   Link #5329
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I don't like Spur. So a real pity.
I wasn't born Gooner, so I never really minded Spurs, honestly. I mean, even in the darkest days of the Wenger era we only have to look at Spurs and feel better.

It's Chelsea I hate. Football gets a lot less fun with Fabregas passing around making things happen for the filthy Chavskis.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 23:44   Link #5330
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Oh I missed that Chelsea match. But based on your comment, I guessed that means Fabegras did turn up?

Sigh....Even from neutral POV, left Arsenal where he develop to go to his "childhood club" then returned playing for the rival in the same city. I normally would have hoped that he flopped badly just to avoid this drama....

Anyway, last season top 4 has already shaped up nicely after the first round. And it's very possible that it will end in that exact order coming next May.
Old 2014-08-18, 23:52   Link #5331
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I'll just drop a little piece of trivia for the ManU fans (if there's any in this forum ):
Since the premier league era started, no team has won the league after losing it's first match of the season... [Last time that happened was in 198X(not sure about the year, could be either 3 or 5), when Everton did it].

Also, good for Costa, scoring on his debut.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 00:02   Link #5332
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
I'll just drop a little piece of trivia for the ManU fans (if there's any in this forum ):
Since the premier league era started, no team has won the league after losing it's first match of the season... [Last time that happened was in 198X(not sure about the year, could be either 3 or 5), when Everton did it].

I thought that is only "losing it's home first match"?

But yeah don't think MU will make it as well. Young inexperienced player in good system can do well. But they are inexperienced after all, and easily get lost in the match when pressured mounted. A lot like Arsenal in past several years to be honest. Always packed with talents, but easily to crumble, especially against top team. Not sure the new signings of Ozil (let give him benefit of the doubt for one season adapted) and Sanchez will change it
Old 2014-08-19, 02:31   Link #5333
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
They want the next manager out too. 1-2 at home.
Just a bunch of idiots taking the piss, nothing serious. The ones we want out are Ed Woodward and the Glazers.

Quote:

Don't say there are none, Bob. I'm here and I noticed a couple of others posting here from time to time as well.

United won the Premier League after losing to Everton in the 2012-13 opener. Further back to the 1995-96 season, you can recall United losing 1-3 to Aston Villa (leading to Alan Hansen's comments which got shoved down his throat 9 months later).

On Saturday, it was not the youngsters who were the problem. The problems were the players who just suck despite having a good amount of experience. If Fergie wasn't too over-loyal to his players in the last few years, the dross like Nani, Anderson, Fletcher, Young and Jones would would have been sold long ago. The good news is that Nani is now apparently sent away to Sporting Lisbon in a swap involving Marcos Rojo. Meanwhile, Fellaini looks set to be sent on loan (officially) to Napoli. Either way, it's more or less good riddance for both, and that's fine by me.

Speaking of Fletcher (our worst player by a country mile on Saturday), I couldn't care less of the fee-good story about his return after his illness; I hate sentimentality. When Barcelona didn't keep Eric Abidal, it was because he just couldn't play up to the team's standards anymore. United should stop being sentimental with the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
But yeah don't think MU will make it as well. Young inexperienced player in good system can do well. But they are inexperienced after all, and easily get lost in the match when pressured mounted. A lot like Arsenal in past several years to be honest. Always packed with talents, but easily to crumble, especially against top team. Not sure the new signings of Ozil (let give him benefit of the doubt for one season adapted) and Sanchez will change it
This is where I put some of the blame on Ferguson's management in the last few years by not being quick enough to act when it was clear some players didn't have what it takes to keep the standards high. He lost his ruthlessness after 2009. As a result, we have to get those established players so they can be the new mentors for the youngsters ASAP. And that doesn't help with that buffoon of a CEO, Ed Woodward, and that bunch of Shylock-like leeches named Glazers.

The green and gold campaign will come back strong. You can be sure the hardcore branch of M.U.S.T. will make the Glazers' life a living hell.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2014-08-19 at 12:44.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 07:48   Link #5334
Bri

Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and United are all in the same situation. They are companies that cannot spend beyond their revenue and have to turn a profit for their owners. Chelsea and City spend on average 2 to 3 times more per season on signings, this might be the season where they start to break away.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 10:00   Link #5335
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

This season City is limited on spending due to FFP through. But they still have squad deep enough to play and win two EPL games in the same time
Old 2014-08-19, 12:31   Link #5336
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah.. Cesc's assist for the second goal was amazing. i haven't seen someone make a pass like that look so easy since the time he played for us.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 05:33   Link #5337
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

FIFA reject appeal of Barcelona against transfer ban, Barcelona won't be able to sign players in the next two transfer windows.

Nice.
Old 2014-08-20, 09:35   Link #5338
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
FIFA reject appeal of Barcelona against transfer ban, Barcelona won't be able to sign players in the next two transfer windows.

Nice.
Yep, but it would have been even better if that ban was applied now.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 11:52   Link #5339
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

They already got Suarez so it wouldn't have been fruitful to implement it now. They will be forced to rush any transfers they want now and whoever they chase won't be sold for peanuts.
Old 2014-08-20, 18:49   Link #5340
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post

Nice.
Tha ban it's a joke, not only the resolution was made public with 12 full days for Barca to sign whatever else they need, but also with the recurse against the ban Barca had more than enough time to sign this year for the next two knowing that the sanction was gonna be upheld by FIFA, I mean, they already signed a new striker, two gk's, two CB's, that shouldn't have been able to sign, and they're still going for Cuadrado and Reus, I can only hope Zubizarreta keeps being an useless negociator and gets charged full price for both (50m for Cuadrado, and at least 40 for Reus)..
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer