AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-08-21, 07:05   Link #5341
Bri

The ban could possibly even benefit Barcelona. Enrique might be able to promote some academy youngsters and give them playing time, now Rosell's version of 'Galactico' policy is on hold for a year.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 10:30   Link #5342
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Good thing we secured two of their young talents before that then.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 12:59   Link #5343
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Liverpool signed Mario Balotelli from Milan today. I should really laugh when one can see Liverpool trading a cannibal for a sociopath, lol.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 14:14   Link #5344
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Lets just hope Balo gets his shit together in his new home on Anfield , and if he does, maybe Conte would try to work with him...
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 16:08   Link #5345
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 21:49   Link #5346
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

holy christ we were terrible today. what was wenger thinking with that line up. no respect for an everton side who will be challenging for europe this season. wilshere is not good enough right now. there is absolutely no reason why we should play him in the middle instead of ozil. absolutely none. sanchez was starved of service and had a pretty poor game, but his defensive work rate was immense. its absolutely no surprise that we improved drastically after cazorla and giroud came on. we at least had a semblance of the team we'd ideally field.

improve or enjoy your time on the bench jack. i hope you don't start against bestikas.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 23:18   Link #5347
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I couldn't catch the game, so I will ask, how did Joel Campbell played? Did he made any difference in Arsenal's play?
Old 2014-08-24, 07:47   Link #5348
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

And Di Maria is going to Untied for 64 millions £. Assumed Falcao will come to replace him.... And just a year ago. I thought Bale going for 80 mil was ridiculous.

United really splash out their cashes this season as that is already 140m this window. Plus 40m back in last January for Mata. I don't think even Real or Chelsea ever spent this much in such a short period. How good are they shaping up?

Edit: and Spur is running riot winning 3-0 in first half. The race for top 4 in EPL is wide open

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-08-24 at 08:12.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 11:16   Link #5349
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Watching the late Sunday match now. Man Utd really have some great world class talent up front - but are badly lacking once you go behind Mata in attacking midfield.

Current team - De Gea; Jones, M Keane (replaced an injured Smalling), Blackett; Young, Fletcher, Cleverley, Valencia; Mata; Rooney, van Persie.

Badly lacking a leader at the back, and Premier League quality in midfield.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 12:07   Link #5350
LoveYouSaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
I couldn't catch the game, so I will ask, how did Joel Campbell played? Did he made any difference in Arsenal's play?
He came on as a substitute. Not bad, but nothing outstanding either. I remember there were one or two instances where he gave away the ball in midfield, leading to a potentially dangerous situation.

I hope Real will be able to rob Manchester United in selling Di Maria. MU must be really getting desperate now with only one point from two games.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 16:56   Link #5351
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
but are badly lacking once you go behind Mata in attacking midfield.
If Fergie hadn't gone soft in the last few years and retained his old ruthlessness (which pushed Hughes, Kanchelskis, Ince, Beckham, Keane and Van Nistelrooy out) instead, that piece of human trash named Tom Cleverley and the dross like Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia and Darren Fletcher would have been shipped off already.

Speaking of Fletcher, it's time we drop the sentimentality factor; ship him somewhere else or ask him to retire already. Meanwhile, Young and Cleverley () are symptoms of what's going wrong with how players are raised in Britain.

@LoveYouSaber: laugh while you can until Di Maria eventually proves that he is a lot better of an influential player than Özil ever was despite the feel good factor he brought to your team when he first arrived. Di Maria is the kind of player Van Gaal will love because he can play on the wing or even in the middle, no problemo. Paying top dollars for established quality foreigners may be the price to pay for years for underinvestment and poor scouting in the last years of Fergie's tenure, but it will at least take us a hell lot closer to our objectives.

About today, it was nice to see the Scousers getting humped despite all the stuff pundits said about their transfer business during summer. At least, the wanking over Liverpool will stop.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2014-08-26 at 01:59.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 18:11   Link #5352
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

di maria will be in for a rude awakening with the physicality of the EPL. defenders here won't care about stepovers or rabonas. it'll be a season before he adjusts fully.

no need to be snide about ozil KYF. you were calling united dumb for not signing him when he was available.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2014-08-25, 20:37   Link #5353
justavisitor

lol, it's only game 2 and fireworks already exchange..any team would want both ozil and di maria if they want to play for that team.

And I think ozil suit the gunner pretty well because they have a lot of players that can run, on the other hand, i think man u needs di maria to make more quality run, so both teams got a player they want
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 02:14   Link #5354
LoveYouSaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post

@LoveYouSaber: laugh while you can until Di Maria eventually proves that he is a lot better of an influential player than Özil ever was despite the feel good factor he brought to your team when he first arrived. Di Maria is the kind of player Van Gaal will love because he can play on the wing or even in the middle, no problemo. Paying top dollars for established quality foreigners may be the price to pay for years for underinvestment and poor scouting in the last years of Fergie's tenure, but it will at least take us a hell lot closer to our objectives.
Not disputing the fact that Di Maria is quality, but 65-70M is really a bit too much. Though of course, if only in terms of pushing for trophies, then Di Maria is really a good purchase for Manchester United. But since there's a limit to fees, that's why I was hoping that you guys have to overpay, so as to reduce the amount available to spend on other positions. Besides, that price tag alone may lead to heavy expectations and affect a player's confidence, like what happened to Torres...

As for Ozil, if Wenger persists in playing Wilshere rather than Ozil in the middle, then it might be money gone down the drain... Besides, you can always laugh at our injury problems rather. I'm amused how we have been able to rack up injuries just two games in - the latest casualty being Giroud for resting god knows how many weeks...

And I am still missing Diaby...
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 02:42   Link #5355
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Giroud out for 3 months...
Damn back to another goonercoaster season...

#nogiroudnoparty
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 15:32   Link #5356
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

oh my god, united.

60 million on di maria should have been spent on 3 defenders.

Old 2014-08-26, 16:26   Link #5357
Bri

Makes you wonder what these teams do in terms of scouting. Go to the pub and ask a guy who plays FM which players to buy?
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 17:00   Link #5358
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Makes you wonder what these teams do in terms of scouting. Go to the pub and ask a guy who plays FM which players to buy?
That would probably work out better than the current method of calling Mendes and aski him if he needs another beach house
Old 2014-08-26, 20:00   Link #5359
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

What United might did with Maria, is simply just do it under LVG request as he want to replicate his Dutch side where Maria will act in place of Robben in this case. My guess through

I don't know if it's a good thing or not. But now they are out of league club. They may have a fire sale of their entire squad/ 2nd team, as playing only the league and a cup will leave lot of unhappy players on the bench
Old 2014-08-27, 04:24   Link #5360
Mentar
Banned

What was that? United lost to third-league member MK Dons 0:4 in the League Cup?

*lollinger*
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer