Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-18, 07:42   Link #121
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
It's interesting to observe the many theories being thrown around as to Arnold's true endgame/motives for world war across the timelines, considering the novels still haven't explained anything yet.

(It's like Akatsuki no Yona all over again, where the mangaka kept dancing around the mystery of the past across so many volumes before finally answering it after so long.)
And there's no risk of getting spoiled by LN readers!

Sadly, this also means we'll never get an answer in the anime, since I doubt it will get multiple seasons.
Old 2024-02-18, 08:39   Link #122
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And there's no risk of getting spoiled by LN readers!

Sadly, this also means we'll never get an answer in the anime, since I doubt it will get multiple seasons.
Spoiler for Spoiler re. story structure so far:

Based on LN reader comments, it looks like the anime will only cover the 1st 2 books.

Currently there are 6 books. No timeline yet on when LN Vol 7 will release, since author hasn't even released the WN chapters yet.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-18, 10:49   Link #123
Frontier

Things are going well! Elsie and Kamil avoided getting punished, Theodore and Arnold are working together as princes for the betterment of the slums and the kingdom, and Rishe is getting very chummy with her brother-in-law! Especially in the purpose of helping Arnold !

I guess it would be too much for Rishe to just invite Arnold to their villa without any ulterior motives...but her ulterior motives are a turn-on for him, so it all works out .

Rishe doesn't take Arnold's flattery or genuine praise as honest as he intends it, but she's also a bold-faced liar when she says all she does is relax instead of doing reckless stuff...heck, she just outright tells him she wants to spar with him! And how can Arnold deny his wife ?

Rishe in pants! And with one arm bound behind her back! Arnold may not find anything beautiful in fighting to kill, but when it comes to sword training he's pretty hardcore...training to fight with only one arm, one eye, and even one leg if need be. But that's just what makes him so formidable .

Rishe vs Arnold Round 2 (Round 3 if you count their dance)! Arnold leads most of the fight and it takes all Rishe has to keep him on her toes, but she takes his pointers seriously and even improves herself mid-fight. She also remembers fighting him before and knows how to dodge him...though that also makes Arnold unknowingly jealous of his future self that ended up killing her, which is...surreal, to say the least .

I guess it would be too much to expect Rishe to beat Arnold, at least at this point, especially when her body is barely keeping up with her...but it's the perfect excuse for Arnold to princess carry his wife for all to see. The only thing more priceless than Rishe's scream is the maids watching the romance between husband and wife .

Can't wait for the date out in the town between Arnold and Rishe !

I thought Rishe was going to ask about Arnold's mom, but she wanted to know his birthday? So she could obviously get him something? She even asks about his type of woman, she's getting so flustered over this prince !

Rishe doing her wifely duty of trying to make sure her husband relaxes and doesn't overwork himself! Even applying some of her maid skills from her 4th Loop! Though bold of her to even get in bed with him, and put her hand on her stomach, though that's just what Arnold wants .

And the physical intimacy doesn't stop there! Especially when Rishe feels Arnold's neck and his scar...though without gloves Arnold doesn't feel he can return the courtesy, even if Rishe offers up her neck (and we catch a glimpse of her boob in the process). Though of course the pair end up sleeping in the same bed together .

Arnold you charmer! Watching your wife as she sleeps, hiding her Oliver, all the while giving her some headpats! Rishe can barely contain herself !

I see Rishe took wanting to learn how the Imperial Knights are trained so seriously she's going to don a wig and play a boy again like her 6th Loop just so she can join them in their training. I feel bad for her chest though .
Old 2024-02-18, 11:16   Link #124
zeross87

AHAH i loved how she tempted him without realy meaning to. that cushion to the face was the only correct answer to that

seriously what kind of magic garment make those boobs dissapear like that.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-18, 18:55   Link #125
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Given her past lives, Rishe should be what? 45 years old mentally? And yet she reacts like a young maiden every time Arnold does something sweet. I can only assume she has zero romantic experience somehow, which is a bit hard to believe.

Regardless, it's still fun to watch her face completely melt.
Old 2024-02-18, 19:28   Link #126
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Given her past lives, Rishe should be what? 45 years old mentally? And yet she reacts like a young maiden every time Arnold does something sweet. I can only assume she has zero romantic experience somehow, which is a bit hard to believe.

Regardless, it's still fun to watch her face completely melt.
It's also kind of funny in light of the fact that it seems like she's been surrounded by men for most of her loops (save the 4th Loop and maybe the 5th Loop) .

I guess you could rationalize it that she focused so much on her careers in each Loop she never had time for romance or Dietrich rejecting her turned her off romance in general for most of her initial Loops.
Old 2024-02-18, 20:20   Link #127
Thor's Hammer

Arnold said in Episode 5 that he brought Rishe here to use her. Coupled with him saying in Episode 3 to Oliver he didn't bring Rishe here to be his wife to improve the nation or benefit the imperial family shows that he has some ulterior motive for Rishe's presence in Galkhein aside from being in love with her. I wonder just what he has planned for her.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-19, 01:33   Link #128
magnuskn

I think that she resets to her original situation every four years contributes to her never developing a proper romance, especially after the first or second loop, where she already knows there's a good chance it'll go nowhere, due to her time being up after four years.
Old 2024-02-19, 14:25   Link #129
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I think that she resets to her original situation every four years contributes to her never developing a proper romance, especially after the first or second loop, where she already knows there's a good chance it'll go nowhere, due to her time being up after four years.
Especially because it happens when she hits 20 which is pretty much prime age for relationships yet she bites it before she can do anything .
Old 2024-02-25, 10:51   Link #130
Frontier

Rishe, I mean "Lucius," is really putting their all into the training! Though even by the standards she's used to from the 6th Loop, it seems like Galkhein is particularly grueling and tough training, especially when Rishe is having to battle the physical differences between her and the male soldiers. But Ikumi Hasegawa doing a boys voice is hilarious .

But at least she's made a friend in Fritz! And he's a fan of her husband, which must be kind of surreal .

Count Lawvine (Kazuhiko Inoue?)! One of Galkhein's most loyal retainers and seems like a pretty reasonable and honest man, though the fact that Arnold ends up branding him a hated criminal and executing him is pretty serious. Though he seems like someone Rishe could learn a lot from in her training .

Look at Rishe changing clothes and identities and slipping into her room so effortlessly! Of course Theodore only went along with her doing this because he knows Arnold will eventually find out and he (like the audience) just wants to see his reaction when he does .

Look at the reactions the husband and wife whispering into each others' ears. A little bit of ASMR between them .

Rishe probably would deck herself out in the plainest clothes for a visit into town, good thing Elsei is committed to dressing her up and making sure her outfit and hair looks absolutely fabulous for her "date" with Arnold! And he approves !

Nice of Arnold to take Rishe out for a marketplace date, she loves seeing a bustling market and all the sociopolitical implications of said market, and she even gets to feed her hubby with some nutritious food .

Though Arnold didn't bring her out for just the marketplace, but a jeweler in a hole in the wall. I love how they try to have Rishe judge whether jewels are imitations to test her skills and she says she can't tell....because she needs appraising tools, because of course that'd be how she'd handle it! And while they're imitations, she can tell the care and work that was put into them !

Pretty roundabout way of getting your wife to pick out her wedding ring, becasue even if it's not customary in Galkhein you want to put something on your wifes' hand that's from you, but what a lovely thought that she's picking one out because it's the color of your eyes! And they're her favorite color to boot! She even wants to wear it on her ring finger !

Though this wasn't just for Rishe, Arnold was waiting for an envoy from Coyolles, carrying their prince Kyle...whom Rishe is well-acquainted with from her 3rd Loop. He's all charm and politeness, but it seems like there's more to his visit than just to celebrate the couples' engagement, though he better clamp down on the sweet talk towards Rishe before Arnold kills him !

Seems like Kyle has weak health, which Rishe has experience with, and possibly there's another person from her 3rd Loop there to visit...but for now she has to deal with the possibility of being exposed during state dinner with Count Lawvine !
Old 2024-02-25, 18:59   Link #131
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Rishe choosing a stone matching Arnold's eyes was sweet. Then a little later in the episode we saw those same eyes light up with murderous intent when another guy complimented Rishe a bit too much.
Old 2024-02-25, 19:05   Link #132
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

I find it amusing that, even though Rishe is all about figuring out what causes the war and putting a stop to it, she's basically setting up one GIANT reason for Arnold to go to war:

Herself.

If anything happens to her in this cycle, Arnold will probably go on a rampage worse than the previous 6.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-25, 19:19   Link #133
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
I find it amusing that, even though Rishe is all about figuring out what causes the war and putting a stop to it, she's basically setting up one GIANT reason for Arnold to go to war:

Herself.

If anything happens to her in this cycle, Arnold will probably go on a rampage worse than the previous 6.
I've been speculating that might happen in this Loop ever since that scene of Rishe vanishing on him in the OP.
Old 2024-02-25, 21:19   Link #134
Thor's Hammer

My main takeaway from this episode is that Arnold probably has connections to the mafia or a criminal network, and that is how he has set the stage for a world war in all of the previous 6 lives Rishe lived before making it to this loop. That criminal network would be how he has spread his name as being one of a ruthless terror on the battlefield to foreign countries while keeping his policies that benefit commoners unnoticed.

That would be why the proprietor of the jewelry in this episode doesn't visit the palace, and the entrance to her property is in a back alley. I suspect that Arnold ensured that he and Rishe were wearing hoods to prevent people from noticing that they were looking to do business with an unbecoming establishment.
Old 2024-02-26, 10:39   Link #135
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
My main takeaway from this episode is that Arnold probably has connections to the mafia or a criminal network, and that is how he has set the stage for a world war in all of the previous 6 lives Rishe lived before making it to this loop. That criminal network would be how he has spread his name as being one of a ruthless terror on the battlefield to foreign countries while keeping his policies that benefit commoners unnoticed.

That would be why the proprietor of the jewelry in this episode doesn't visit the palace, and the entrance to her property is in a back alley. I suspect that Arnold ensured that he and Rishe were wearing hoods to prevent people from noticing that they were looking to do business with an unbecoming establishment.
Arnold doesn't strike me as the type to do business with criminals (at least this point). I got the sense they were just very selective of their clientele which is why Rishe needed to prove herself before they showed her their legitimate wares.
Old 2024-02-26, 12:16   Link #136
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Arnold doesn't strike me as the type to do business with criminals (at least this point). I got the sense they were just very selective of their clientele which is why Rishe needed to prove herself before they showed her their legitimate wares.
Even if that is the case, which I doubt given that the entrance to the property was in a back alley and that counterfeit jewelry was present, Arnold is most likely working with some underground group to spread his name as that of a monster on the battlefield to foreign countries while keeping the good he does for commoners unnoticed. If such a group exists, it might even be the reason Arnold intended to disappear after starting a world war if he has been influenced by such a group since he was young.
Old 2024-02-26, 17:27   Link #137
Frontier

Quote:
Even if that is the case, which I doubt given that the entrance to the property was in a back alley and that counterfeit jewelry was present, Arnold is most likely working with some underground group to spread his name as that of a monster on the battlefield to foreign countries while keeping the good he does for commoners unnoticed. If such a group exists, it might even be the reason Arnold intended to disappear after starting a world war if he has been influenced by such a group since he was young.
The counterfeit jewelry was there to test whether someone was worth looking at the real jewels, basically, that's why Rishe needed to prove whether they were fake or not.
Old 2024-02-26, 17:47   Link #138
Thor's Hammer

Okay, I can accept that that is the case with regards to the counterfeit jewelry. However, that doesn't explain why the entrance to the property is in a back alley and why they went to the lengths they did to hide their identities if everything really was above board as you say.
Old 2024-02-26, 18:15   Link #139
Frontier

Quote:
Okay, I can accept that that is the case with regards to the counterfeit jewelry. However, that doesn't explain why the entrance to the property is in a back alley and why they went to the lengths they did to hide their identities if everything really was above board as you say.
I mean, this was basically just an elaborate plan to get Rishe to pick out her wedding ring .
Old 2024-02-26, 18:34   Link #140
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Was the back alley the only entrance or just the one they used? Arnold might just want privacy when picking out his fiance's jewelry.

Also, the fake jewels could be a new product they don't want anything to leak about, not that there's anything underhanded. The creation of the fake jewels could be done with the poor in mind, cheap "jewels" a poor/middle class person could buy their loved one.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote