AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-09-25, 03:31   Link #121
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Why isn't ANYONE reacting to the fact that we're getting a second season?

Old 2014-09-25, 04:55   Link #122
inisipis

I didn't know that. That's cool. It's a very entertaining series.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 05:32   Link #123
Sol Falling

While a second season isn't completely ruled out, unfortunately that was just a joke tweet. I was initially hopeful that that message could've represented a real announcement as well, but 1) the lack of responses to the tweet, 2) the lack of any followup announcement or information, 3) the fact that after the final episode, several staff/artists involved with the production posted followup tweets saying things to the effect of "although the anime is now over, events/product releases (CDs, etc.)/the manga will still be continuing" or "a second season would sure be nice--" is all strong evidence that the tweet was not a serious announcement.

I suppose it should also be noted that text of the image itself, "Soreike! Uogokoro-kun" ("Go! Uogokoro-kun") is a pretty unlikely title for the second season in itself.

I definitely am hoping for a second season (I guess we'll see disc sales for Vol. 1 next week) but for now a concrete basis for expecting one is very small.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 21:05   Link #124
Vaans
NEET

I'm amazed by Nanyako's singing. She sounds the same as some singer but I couldn't recall.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”

Last edited by Vaans; 2014-09-25 at 21:15.
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 04:29   Link #125
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

WHAAAAAAAA
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 19:08   Link #126
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

The soundtrack and TV album came out today. Some of the background pieces, like I started being an Idol was particularly fun to listen to, and on the latter album, the Nagarekawa Girls Song is a cheerful, upbeat piece that captures the Nagarekawa Girls' spirit sincerely
Old 2014-09-30, 21:04   Link #127
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

Yukari already mine and the sole reason why I watched this show.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 23:16   Link #128
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
OVA (or sorta ep 13 ... sorta)

So ... the OVA is subbed.

It's the end of Summer Break and Nanyako is catching up on Summer homework and spending time with Yukari, Yui and Nacchan outside of work, just as friends, and stumble across the Awa Awa Girls visiting Nagarakawa and wanting a tour.

In many ways it just gives a slightly different spin on and reinforces the particular flavor of "localness" of the MC's all the more - especially in relation to the default settings/expectations of the Awa Awa Girls. Interestingly in some ways Yukari really "gets it" - she is balanced and stable when Nanyako's heartwarming simplicity and normalcy is "weak". The two really are a good combo.

However, it also shows that the Awa Awa Girls really do know about and love their home town. It's not all black and white comparison wise. Kinda nice, actually.

I wonder if this is really the end of the series or if they will bring in another season?
Old 2014-10-01, 10:29   Link #129
HandofFate

The OVA was really fun, I liked it.
The Awa Awa Girls contrast in the last episode interested me a lot, so glad that was the focus in the OVA
Old 2014-10-01, 20:22   Link #130
Nerroth
NePoi!

There's something about Aoi's voice that makes me think she's done idol work before. I can't Imagine why...

Is there any word about how much interest there has been for this series over in Japan?
Old 2014-10-02, 12:02   Link #131
inisipis

It would be nice if they push through with a second season. Locodol surprisingly ranked 4th in the NicoNico Doga summer anime ranking.

http://sgcafe.com/2014/10/final-nico...-surprising-1/
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 18:07   Link #132
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
When it was all said and done, this was a highly pleasant, charming, and joyful anime show. It was also a well-told story, that did a good job of developing all of the key characters. It had a rock solid climax (Episode 12), and a good aftermath/closing (Episode 13/OVA episode).

The Locodol anime was nothing terribly complex, but it was executed with precision and an earnest enthusiasm that shined through. Similar to Love Live!, Locodol put a particular twist on the general "idol" concept, and made everything it possibly could out of that twist.

Locodol was also an interesting blend of the styles and sensibilities, and tones and moods, of some other anime shows. The character designs and the seiyu work made me think of Saki. The overall color palette and setting designs made me think of Sakura Trick. The strong yuri subtext made me think of both Saki and Sakura Trick.

But what effectively grounded it all was a sweet homespun sentimentality that reminded me of Tamayura. In many ways, this show was about the value of family and friends, as well as community camaraderie/identity, which is highly reflective of Tamayura.

So by seamlessly synthesizing some of the strongest elements of 4 different anime shows, each with its own strong fandom, Locodol comes out with a good and distinct taste that should resonate with a lot of viewers. In that sense, it's a bit odd to me that the show didn't seem to resonate more with viewers than it did. Perhaps the story was too straightforward? Perhaps the core cast needed more diversification?

Or perhaps it was fine the way it was. At least for me personally, that's how I feel about Locodol. I'd certainly watch a 2nd season, but if we never get one, I'll be satisfied with a story that feels very complete and comprehensively told.

Special note - I really liked how the Awa Awa Girls were handled. While the Nagarakawa Girls winning it all would have put a smile on my face, it's probably better they took the more realistic result of the defending champs winning again.

A magical "rags to riches" show can be very enticing, but I also like how Locodol shows that happiness can be gained simply by doing the best you can, and staying true to the people who have always supported you, even if you don't win it all.
Old 2014-10-05, 12:05   Link #133
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
When it was all said and done, this was a highly pleasant, charming, and joyful anime show. It was also a well-told story, that did a good job of developing all of the key characters. It had a rock solid climax (Episode 12), and a good aftermath/closing (Episode 13/OVA episode).

The Locodol anime was nothing terribly complex, but it was executed with precision and an earnest enthusiasm that shined through. Similar to Love Live!, Locodol put a particular twist on the general "idol" concept, and made everything it possibly could out of that twist.

Locodol was also an interesting blend of the styles and sensibilities, and tones and moods, of some other anime shows. The character designs and the seiyu work made me think of Saki. The overall color palette and setting designs made me think of Sakura Trick. The strong yuri subtext made me think of both Saki and Sakura Trick.

But what effectively grounded it all was a sweet homespun sentimentality that reminded me of Tamayura. In many ways, this show was about the value of family and friends, as well as community camaraderie/identity, which is highly reflective of Tamayura.

So by seamlessly synthesizing some of the strongest elements of 4 different anime shows, each with its own strong fandom, Locodol comes out with a good and distinct taste that should resonate with a lot of viewers. In that sense, it's a bit odd to me that the show didn't seem to resonate more with viewers than it did. Perhaps the story was too straightforward? Perhaps the core cast needed more diversification?

Or perhaps it was fine the way it was. At least for me personally, that's how I feel about Locodol. I'd certainly watch a 2nd season, but if we never get one, I'll be satisfied with a story that feels very complete and comprehensively told.

Special note - I really liked how the Awa Awa Girls were handled. While the Nagarakawa Girls winning it all would have put a smile on my face, it's probably better they took the more realistic result of the defending champs winning again.

A magical "rags to riches" show can be very enticing, but I also like how Locodol shows that happiness can be gained simply by doing the best you can, and staying true to the people who have always supported you, even if you don't win it all.
Agreed 100%

Very entertaining show with lovable characters, good story/plot progression, character development and a certain charm to it that makes it special.

I must admit, initially I thought the Awa Awa Girls would feel themselves to be superior compared to the Nagarekawa Girls, and while they did seem to have a bit of that 'holier than thou' aura to them, they turned out to be rather down-to-earth and likable.

What I really liked was the rock-solid support the Nagarekawa Girls got from the townsfolk. Despite the girls being late for their local performance, they waited for them and still had a good time (though Nanako's uncle pitching in with his Elvis impersonation probably helped as well). And the OVA made that even more clear when everyone flocked to see them, while their famous counterparts almost got ignored. Then again, they were in the Nagarekawa Girls' hometown, so that should probably be expected. The situation would probably have been the same if the NG were the visitors and the AAG the hosts.

Anyway, solid show. Not perfect, but good enough to leave me wanting more, even though we'll probably never get it.
Old 2015-06-13, 18:54   Link #134
MarkS00N

Oh hey, there is a new OVA...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...o-anime/.89235
MarkS00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 21:09   Link #135
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

That's great news I loved the original series, so more Locodol will be gratefully accepted.
Old 2015-06-13, 21:31   Link #136
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
That's great news I loved the original series, so more Locodol will be gratefully accepted.
Agreed ... I would like a second season if they were able to keep to the same standard as season one or do better, but another OVA is more than welcome.
Old 2015-09-16, 13:54   Link #137
LKK

Sentai announced a home video license for this show. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 14:06   Link #138
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I've heard that the second Locodol OVA will be a Christmas-themed episode. A screenshot is provided:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

According to TBS, there's going to be an event in Ikebukuro between November 6 and 8, during which they're reveal more details about the OVA.
Old 2015-11-08, 06:13   Link #139
Dop
Mmmm....

Confirmation on ANN: The staff of Locodol, the anime adaptation of Kōtarō Kosugi's Futsū no Joshikōsei ga Locodol Yattemita four-panel manga, announced at an event on Sunday that the anime's second video anime project is a Christmas special. The anime will also air on Christmas Eve before it ships on home video.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-08, 09:51   Link #140
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

That will make a fine Christmas gift, then. I'm looking forwards to seeing what this OVA is about