AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-21, 21:37   Link #1
Kaya

Please I need some good movies...

I would like some good movies like 5 cm per second and Voices from a distant star... I would like some romance and good music in it. Please help me Thanks...
Old 2007-06-21, 21:50   Link #2
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Air (Movie) - Tragic romance, prepare some tissue packs.
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo (The girl who leap through time) - Story about a girl who can travel through time.

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Old 2007-06-21, 21:52   Link #3
lemondude
"super lemon"

shrek the third

Knocked up
Old 2007-06-21, 21:52   Link #4
kayos
Banned

Since you like those two how about Kumo no Muko, Yakusoku no basho (aka. The Place Promised in our Early Days). Another work of Makoto Shinkai.

My own personal recommendation would Millennium Actress.
Old 2007-06-21, 22:23   Link #5
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Since Makoto Shinkai's movies have already been mentioned, I'll just throw in Pale Cocoon by Yasuhiro Yoshiura and with it, Mizu no Kotoba. The first is usually compared with Shinkai's Hoshi no Koe while the latter is somewhat similar to Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko for the length and their somewhat experimental natures.

While Shinkai's films are much more dependent on emotions, Yoshiura gives a more balanced diet by throwing in something to think about as well. The twists at the end of the stories are pretty neat too.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>

Last edited by G. Zeus; 2007-06-21 at 23:35.
Old 2007-06-21, 22:36   Link #6
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by furuno
Air (Movie) - Tragic romance, prepare some tissue packs.
I wouldn't personally suggest this simply because the film blows in comparison to the series, and watching the film first imho would completely ruin it. It's ok as a companion to the series, but that's about all you can say about it.

For much the same reasons I won't be watching the CLANNAD movie when it's released, simply because I want to see KyoAni's full length series fresh and unsullied.

And Beyond the Clouds and Pale Cocoon both definitely seconded, very good both of them.

Mononoke Hime (Princess Mononoke) is a very very good film indeed, though it's pretty thin on actual romance (there is some but mostly at the end and it's not a main theme). Still, a very good film regardless. Also by Ghibli is Howl's Moving Castle which is more of a romance fairly tale style film, and also very good.
Old 2007-06-22, 01:19   Link #7
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Kumo no Muko, Yakusoku no basho and Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo is definately good, although the second one isn't dominantly romance...well it is, but maybe not the kind of romance you're looking for if you like the movies you mentioned above. It's still a good movie. Howl's Moving Castle is probably the most "romantic" of the Gibli films if you can call it that. Otherwise Mononoke Hime is too violent for me to think that you will like it.
Old 2007-06-22, 06:25   Link #8
Kaya

Thanks but I had already watched them all. And they were great! Then what about some series like this movies? The same story...
Closed Thread