AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-29, 15:37   Link #461
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Cool , Azuki x Mashiro relation improved via -> Mail ! At least it's a + but still their relation is meh "special"

Anyway , question , WHY they don't make an intro for the names now ?? like the first one that they made.... srly , this is boring... we don't know much about the manga... aaaaaarg..
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 02:04   Link #462
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
An interesting episode if only for hinting at how some things could backfire later. Mashiro is just getting too obsessed and is starting to crack a little. That promise is good for motivation, but too much and it can be a negative. They already saw how not interesting their previous attempts at mainstream are. Looking forward to seeing the conflict at the next meeting with the guys abandoning the cult side.

Also really get to see the difference between Hattori and the guy overlooking Eiji. On one hand Hattori is being pretty open with the guys and giving them a lot of information. With Eiji it's true that he probably isn't that interested, but it's not like there is a real effort to get the information into his head. Plus the looks he keeps giving Hattori are pretty funny with the intensity that guy has. Two very different approaches.
Old 2011-01-02, 05:45   Link #463
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Also really get to see the difference between Hattori and the guy overlooking Eiji. On one hand Hattori is being pretty open with the guys and giving them a lot of information. With Eiji it's true that he probably isn't that interested, but it's not like there is a real effort to get the information into his head. Plus the looks he keeps giving Hattori are pretty funny with the intensity that guy has. Two very different approaches.
Eiji's editor, Yujiro (whose last name is also "Hattori", by the way) is clearly looking out for his own interest whereas Hattori is looking out mainly for Mashiro's and Shujin's. Of course, I'm sure Hattori wouldn't mind beating his fellow editor. There is competition among them, too.

Now that the editors have been introduced in the anime, it's time to post this:

Spoiler for Space:

As you can see, most of the editors in Bakuman are based on real life editors.

Eiji is most likely based on Toriko's mangaka, Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi:

Old 2011-01-02, 06:35   Link #464
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The editors are only just being introduced? Man.
Old 2011-01-02, 06:49   Link #465
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The editors are only just being introduced? Man.
Nah they've been introced for a little while,I know the anime is slow but not that slow

Some might not have had a whole lot of screentime though
Old 2011-01-02, 13:21   Link #466
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Eiji's editor, Yujiro (whose last name is also "Hattori", by the way) is clearly looking out for his own interest whereas Hattori is looking out mainly for Mashiro's and Shujin's. Of course, I'm sure Hattori wouldn't mind beating his fellow editor. There is competition among them, too.

Now that the editors have been introduced in the anime, it's time to post this:

Spoiler for Space:

As you can see, most of the editors in Bakuman are based on real life editors.

Eiji is most likely based on Toriko's mangaka, Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi:

Oh man, I completely forgot about those comparisons, especially long haired Hattori.

Question, who are those people in the top right corners of the real editor pictures?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 13:27   Link #467
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

LOL, Eji's editor is Hattori too? Have they mentioned that in the anime?

Apparently Mitsutoshi has quite a history. In 2002 he was arrested and convicted for breaking child prostitution laws. Shōnen "Jack" canceled his manga Seikimatsu Leader Den Takeshi! as a result.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 13:39   Link #468
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Question, who are those people in the top right corners of the real editor pictures?
The pretty girl is the host of the show. The other dude was a guest.

Here's a link to the vid if you want to watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0jwngcUY9c

It's pretty interesting (and funny).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
LOL, Eji's editor is Hattori too? Have they mentioned that in the anime?

Apparently Mitsutoshi has quite a history. In 2002 he was arrested and convicted for breaking child prostitution laws. Shōnen "Jack" canceled his manga Seikimatsu Leader Den Takeshi! as a result.
Not sure his last has been mentioned in the anime yet. They just call him Yujiro most of the time, even in the manga. And before anyone asks, no, they're not related.

Yeah, I was surprised when I heard about that. Just to be clear, he's not a full-fledged pedo. He paid a sixteen years old girl to have sex with him, which is still very bad, but not at as horrifying as it may sound when you hear "child prostitution".

Last edited by Kanon; 2011-01-02 at 14:26.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 14:14   Link #469
totoum
Me at work

Hopefully it's ok to ask this in the anime thread,but there's two editors that might not be introduced until season 2 , I think manga readers will see who I'm talking about,are they too based on real life people?

And man,I forgot there was no bakuman this weekend,I was getting all hyped because the next episode might animate one of my favorite part of the manga,but I'll have to wait some more.
Old 2011-01-02, 14:53   Link #470
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Hopefully it's ok to ask this in the anime thread,but there's two editors that might not be introduced until season 2 , I think manga readers will see who I'm talking about,are they too based on real life people?

And man,I forgot there was no bakuman this weekend,I was getting all hyped because the next episode might animate one of my favorite part of the manga,but I'll have to wait some more.
All of them except two (hint: they're the youngest, and they suck) are based on real editors. I don't have pictures, though.
Old 2011-01-02, 15:09   Link #471
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

I'm not usually one to agree with gg (can't recall anytime I did before this), but I definitely have to side with them over this show. I'm a huge fan of the manga, but this anime is ruining it with how slow and boring they are making it. What is the purpose in stretching out like one panel of manga of "oh I hope I'm not holding him back" into an entire episode of angsty brooding? It messes up not only the pace but the character's personality as well.

But the worst of it comes from them adding random breaks of nothing (for example, in the manga they have a meeting. In the anime, they have a meeting, go home and brood over it for a minute, then go back for a second meeting in the morning. that makes no sense and just wasted 4 minutes of brooding not in the manga) and their belief that we have the memory of a fish, because they feel the need to flashback to things we just saw every time a character is thinking. We know what they said, we JUST saw it happen. We can figure out why the character is brooding on their own without you showing us scenes we JUST saw.

Seriously, I adore this series, the manga is one of my favorites. But I need to wait until the anime is done airing and just watch it all in one go so the pacing doesn't bug me as much. Because I really want to like this anime, but it just makes me frustrated right now.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 08:38   Link #472
konart

Spoiler for 14 - lol wut?:

Last edited by konart; 2011-01-08 at 09:03.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 16:00   Link #473
totoum
Me at work

Thank you JC staff,thank you!

Only seen the raw but it looks like despite having a recap at the start they're continuing to speed things up!

New OP animation was nice and I really like the ED,especialy the last part,it's the kind of thing I had in mind when I imagined a bakuman anime.

If anything I think that new ED song should be the OP and "blue bird" should be the ED
Old 2011-01-08, 20:51   Link #474
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

*Poke head in*

I heard that Hyde was going to be in one of the Bakuman episodes a few weeks back. Now my question is:
Spoiler for Manga, no...seriously, manga spoiler:
Old 2011-01-08, 22:05   Link #475
kitten320

Spoiler for 14:
Old 2011-01-08, 22:16   Link #476
Arnavion

In the last pic in the ED, there's a picture which looks like it's been signed by Mashiro... except that the ま seems to be backward? Is there a reason? (I kept reading it as Monro Moritaka before I realized it was a revered 'ma')
Arnavion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 23:03   Link #477
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Spoiler for 14:
Spoiler:
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 08:58   Link #478
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The new ED is pretty good, but it's sadly missing the best character in the series. Very disappointed they didn't get rid of the OP.
Old 2011-01-09, 09:04   Link #479
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnavion View Post
In the last pic in the ED, there's a picture which looks like it's been signed by Mashiro... except that the ま seems to be backward? Is there a reason? (I kept reading it as Monro Moritaka before I realized it was a revered 'ma')
It looks like a childhood drawing, so the 'ma' is just bad handwriting from a young Masahiro.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 11:11   Link #480
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Spoiler for Ep 14:

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen