AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-24, 19:05   Link #981
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That might be the case... You know, if only everyone in the last two pages hadn't make it awfully clear the reason why people are upset is because it's Nakuru rather than any other girl?
Yes, Nakuru. The one who got pretty much no character development during the "main story". Character development, which for a side character, is generally done in the middle of the story. Putting it at the end, after the main story, causes people to not care about the character unless said character happens to fit into some fetish that the viewer likes.

Even if they aren't saying it, there's a direct cause-effect relationship going on. Remember how many people didn't much care for Usami when she was first introduced? Like Nakuru, she was bland and not unique. Then she gets more development in the middle of the story, and she becomes a likeable character. All they really had to do for Nakuru was put this episode into the story a few episodes back (assuming it doesn't require this recent end to the main story to fit, in which case it's just a bad story to put at the end of a season).
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 19:17   Link #982
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yes, Nakuru. The one who got pretty much no character development during the "main story". Character development, which for a side character, is generally done in the middle of the story. Putting it at the end, after the main story, causes people to not care about the character unless said character happens to fit into some fetish that the viewer likes.

Even if they aren't saying it, there's a direct cause-effect relationship going on. Remember how many people didn't much care for Usami when she was first introduced? Like Nakuru, she was bland and not unique. Then she gets more development in the middle of the story, and she becomes a likeable character. All they really had to do for Nakuru was put this episode into the story a few episodes back (assuming it doesn't require this recent end to the main story to fit, in which case it's just a bad story to put at the end of a season).
Fair enough, but that's not what the other detractors had said in a calm and reasonable manner. Had they did, well maybe our last few posts would have been about Kanade's Ohime-sama dakko or something *shrugged*

In my opinion, since we have a satisfactory ending for this episode, I don't see why see can't have something unrelated for the last episode. There are Animes before that place their finales in the second last episode, and leave the final episode as a light hearted one to end the show on a happy note.

Since we've already come this far, might as well cross the bridge- The Anime hadn't led us wrong in that department so far.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-09-24 at 20:04.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 19:47   Link #983
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Fair enough, but that's not what the other detractors had said in a calm and reasonable matter. Had they did, well maybe our last few post would have been about Kanade's Ohime-sama dakko or something *shrugged*

In my opinion, since we have a satisfactory ending for this episode, I don't see why see can't have something unrelated for the last episode. There are Animes before that place their finales in the second last episode, and leave the final episode as a light hearted one to end the show on a happy note.

Since we've already come this far, might as well cross the bridge- The Anime hadn't led us wrong in that department so far.
100% on your side on this one....and like GDB said, Usami was liked after an episode or 2, so who's to say that this episode won't be the episode that shows Nakuru in a more favorable light? People are downing it before even SEEING it, and imo that's flat out ridiculous.

Nakuru was one of the girls I liked, but you know what ticked me off? EXACTLY what GDB is stating...I wanted her to get some time with Jirou, and they NEVER gave it to her...personally because of this, I feel her character was severely SHAFTED.

That's why even though it is happening a little later, I'm glad she DOES at least get something before this is all over. It shows that at least the anime studio know she deserved an episode at some point...and I'm just grateful she gets it. People can critic it and not like it, but can we wait until we SEE it before giving the final judgement?
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 20:13   Link #984
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
100% on your side on this one....and like GDB said, Usami was liked after an episode or 2, so who's to say that this episode won't be the episode that shows Nakuru in a more favorable light? People are downing it before even SEEING it, and imo that's flat out ridiculous.

Nakuru was one of the girls I liked, but you know what ticked me off? EXACTLY what GDB is stating...I wanted her to get some time with Jirou, and they NEVER gave it to her...personally because of this, I feel her character was severely SHAFTED.

That's why even though it is happening a little later, I'm glad she DOES at least get something before this is all over. It shows that at least the anime studio know she deserved an episode at some point...and I'm just grateful she gets it. People can critic it and not like it, but can we wait until we SEE it before giving the final judgement?
My reaction to the next episode was before I learned that it was only a bonus, and not the finale. So I was seriously disappointed when I thought they were wasting the end on a character I loathe. But now that I know it's filler, it isn't as bad. Let the fans of her enjoy and hopefully there's some decent time for the characters I care about. This is done in other shows like CLANNAD.

I don't know what they're going to do to give Nakuru development in a single filler episode though. You're right she got shafted compared to the others, but unless devoting time to her substantially changed her annoying personality, I'm happy that there was little of her throughout the series. Even Usami, with her highly irritable, violent attitude, doesn't compare to the mess that's Narkuru.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 20:20   Link #985
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

If anything, I can see this episode as a lead on to a possible second season. With Nakuru, I can see Jirou being Jirou, doing something ridiculously nice, and she'll officially hop on the "Race for Jirou's Penis" bandwagon, which would be a good way to establish her as an official runner in the next season....

And who says this is filler?

According to what I've heard, this is FAR from over storyline wise...the main drama plot might have cooled down, but I STRONGLY doubt this will be "Status Quo is God" episode...This probably will be VERY similar to the Usami episode, where Konoe appears in the background while another character raises her harem XP bar to become more significant....in all honesty, I could care less if Konoe appears or not, she's done her part, nothing else for her at this point...

Last edited by Tenchi Ryu; 2011-09-24 at 20:35.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 22:51   Link #986
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
Open Mindset doesn't mean I have to suck up everything everybody say, I have a right to disagree whenever I see fit.

What it does mean is that I'm willing to give it a shot first before making any judgment, so yeah I'm willing to hear your opinions on her, I can't make you like her if you really don't want to- But I can comment on how silly all the complaints look from here.
Yes. Thats why like I said you already shared your views. People might agree or not agree with you. If don’t you just move on while continue liking the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
Btw, between using the words 'fantasy' and 'otaku' I wonder if you have a specific attack pattern going on here ?
Hmm maybe because your earlier statement I have to work on my ‘otaku street creed’ when I hardly ever consider myself as one.

On the topic itself, actually the glass girl had quite a bunch good screen times in the show, but
all of them dedicated with forcing her fetish and hobby into Jirou and Subaru.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 00:57   Link #987
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
This episode is completely original though, so you wouldn't have gotten the ending that you wanted in there

that doesn't really matter. I've heard that the novels lean the way i wanted it to, so that's fine too.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 11:48   Link #988
Dahak86
Classics never age

hmm... am I too late to post some GIFs?

Spoiler for enjoy:

Spoiler for obligatory stitched-pics:
Old 2011-09-25, 22:51   Link #989
Shimapan
Try me! <3

The first BD is really lovely, with some very nice improved scenes

For example, in episode 1 one, you can now freely view Subaru's neko pantsu
Screenshots:
http://pantsudaisuki.wordpress.com/2...01-unzensiert/

In episode two, you can see her almost naked, important spots barely covered by a thin bandage
Screenshot: (nsfw)
http://pantsudaisuki.wordpress.com/2...02-unzensiert/

More comparison images can be found on acg.178.com.
Old 2011-09-25, 23:12   Link #990
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

lol looks like Jirou is fapping here.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-09-26, 08:57   Link #991
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
lol looks like Jirou is fapping here.
Spoiler:
How so? I'm not seeing it.
Old 2011-09-26, 09:09   Link #992
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
How so? I'm not seeing it.
Ignore the location of his hands, and just focus on their shape.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 11:49   Link #993
GDB

I guess that works if you see every index-high/pinky-low (rather than to the sides) fist in a sexual way. >_>
Old 2011-09-29, 07:40   Link #994
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 12

Whew... kinda late with this, but oh well, mother nature is boss on this earth. So, I read everyone's posts since ep 12 aired (what happened to ya, Chaos? Does this mean our bet is off? I was looking forward to winning that ), and.... surely I can't be the only one that felt some things went by a little too quickly.

For example, what was with Narumi and Kureha's mood switching? At one moment boohoo Subaru is gone, the next moment "Punyuru!" and then Punyuru transfers and they're like "oh well whatever. Subaru-sama!"

Still, I think Usami asked the most important question of all, but really, THAT BIKE. I didn't know it was that big, let alone capable of seating two. Ah... I get it. Before she crashed into Jirou the first time, she had a solo bike. After being friends with him and falling in love with him, she upgraded her bike in the hopes of riding into the sunset with her beloved....... Jirou you bastard! That's my seat on that bike!

Anyways continuing what I was saying about things going by a little too quickly, that's mostly about the second half of the ep (mainly because the first half was dominated by the tastiness that was the inn scene). Eh.... let me see where my problem lies. Aside from the mood switch I mentioned above, I felt that so late in the series, Subaru managed to do what I always wanted her to do: do something on her own for once.

I guess I feel that way since next ep seems centered around Narumi, which reading everyone's comments about it, I understand how some feel it's unnecessary, but I'm going to stick by what I feel and that is, I think it would have been better if this episode 13 came right after ep 06, because not only did episode 06 end the story about Usami's plan, but it introduced Narumi, and having this ep 13 after ep 06 probably would have helped make Narumi not a sudden high appearance count, low voice line count character that she ended up being since that ep 06.

Yeah I wanted to see more of her, not so much her BL or glasses fetishes, but for like what was mentioned here earlier, what her position is regarding the protagonist. Surely she's not just a joke character in the novel, is she?

Or maybe I was hoping for a similar characterization for her that Usami had. I just love the way Usami went from anti-social brat (ep 05) and changed herself for better into the person she wanted to be (ep 12). Clearly in my opinion the girl who had the best character growth throughout the series.

Ah I know. Maybe I'm just mad Kureha's mom never showed up. Come on woman, show up in ep 13.....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 13:25   Link #995
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for MC Nakuru 13 - Nakuru('s Rondo):
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 13:56   Link #996
tsunade666

Spoiler for Nakuru 13:

the keyword for the episode is GAP MOE!!!!
Old 2011-09-29, 14:22   Link #997
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

The poster previews of the next Megami and Nyantype are out, and I foresee that mangatron is going to lose a lot of blood over the Mayo Chiki posters!
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 15:31   Link #998
Ushio the Omega

Good news first vol sold 3878 copies. I didn't watch this show myself but if a sequal is possible it will probably happen.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthrea...60#post1958960
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 15:39   Link #999
tsunade666

3878 only? it's good but it didn't even break the 5000 copy barrier and thus 2nd season is dim as impossible unless it goes pass 5000 and near 10000. 5000-10000 mostly limits the chance of 2nd season.
Old 2011-09-29, 15:43   Link #1000
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
3878 only? it's good but it didn't even break the 5000 copy barrier and thus 2nd season is dim as impossible unless it goes pass 5000 and near 10000. 5000-10000 mostly limits the chance of 2nd season.
The first season of "The world god only knows" only sold 3361 copies and it got a sequal.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, gender bender, harem, light novel adaptation, reverse trap, romance, shounen