AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-12-12, 03:02   Link #1
berserker916

GetBackers

So Kuroudo would of stabbed Ginji in the face with bloody sword if Ban didnt come in? They build up the "tightness" of the Thunder Emperor as all powerful, but Ginji's skills turned out disappointing... But then again Kuroudo is hella hardcore also...

Last edited by xris; 2003-12-12 at 05:24. Reason: GB isn't licensed, so moved thread
berserker916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 16:37   Link #2
EvoSpace

Send a message via AIM to EvoSpace Send a message via MSN to EvoSpace
It looked like Ginji would have hit Akabane first, to me. Ban stopped Ginji's fist first THEN got stabbed by the sword.
EvoSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 16:01   Link #3
Killua4Hire

Send a message via AIM to Killua4Hire Send a message via MSN to Killua4Hire Send a message via Yahoo to Killua4Hire
Getbackers

Allright, I just downloaded Getbackers, but I'm wondering if I should watch it right away now that my college finals are done with and I've lotsa free time on my hand, or should I wait on it and watch something else. I mean, I read some of the reviews for that show on the internet, but they're varied, some say it's a great anime, some say it sucks. Has anyone here watched the whole thing? How would you guys rate it? And exactly what kind of an anime is it? Fighting? Comedy? Mystery? Or a bit of everything?
Killua4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 18:48   Link #4
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua4Hire
Allright, I just downloaded Getbackers, but I'm wondering if I should watch it right away now that my college finals are done with and I've lotsa free time on my hand, or should I wait on it and watch something else. I mean, I read some of the reviews for that show on the internet, but they're varied, some say it's a great anime, some say it sucks. Has anyone here watched the whole thing? How would you guys rate it? And exactly what kind of an anime is it? Fighting? Comedy? Mystery? Or a bit of everything?
Bit of everything really. Mostly comedy and fighting though. Watch the first half now if you have time. The second half can wait though...the series goes downhill. It may pick up again though, I've only seen up to 35 so I can't say anything about the ending.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 01:58   Link #5
kamij0

get backers.. !! u will love it especially ginji turns into chibi mode !!!!! hahahahahaa
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 01:58   Link #6
7thMethuselah

It's mostly comedy and figthing, deals about a number of ppl who all have 1 or 2 special abilities. It's a very addictive show but basically you can stop halfway and watch the other half later (it's pretty obvious when to stop). After the first half (which is more or less 1 story) you get alot of shorter stories which span 1-3 episodes. The last 10 or so are 1 whole story again.

Even though it has alot of filler episodes it must say it is a very enjoyable show in which almost every character is cool (especially akabane) :-).

Whatever you do, even if you dont finish the series make sure to watch episode 38 or 39 (the one with the hospital), it's hilarious )
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 02:01   Link #7
kamij0

Quote:
Whatever you do, even if you dont finish the series make sure to watch episode 38 or 39 (the one with the hospital), it's hilarious )

Well every character was involved in that episode.. i think its the best episode in the series 2nd after natsumi helping the granny get her things back
Old 2003-12-20, 02:40   Link #8
::faze
<3 Scrapped Princess

The Natsumi cosplay ep was great, but it wasn't better than the hospital ep
::faze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 02:47   Link #9
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Well, since you downloaded it already and you have a lot of free time, I strongly suggest that you watch it right now. Dun worry, it's a great show. I'm sure you will like it.
Tomomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-27, 07:34   Link #10
berserker916

Get Backers' disappointing...

SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERSSPOILERS

Sry for the people who I didnt warn...

I feel the ending ruined the whole series. The fights were too short and stupid. Like the fight between Ginji and Cruz...wtf he punched him and won. Ban vs Jackel was weak, the fight with ban and fudou(the guy who can see the future) was much better. Then why wasnt Kazuki hurt when he got between Toshyiko and Juubei's attack...

Pretty much the last 4 episodes was a utter disappoint and felt like I wasted my time watching the series after seeing how the series concluded.

They never expand on Ban telling HImiko on why he killed her brother.

Last edited by berserker916; 2003-12-27 at 19:49.
berserker916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-27, 07:49   Link #11
Mr.Minou

then we will all pray for a second season....it's IMPOSSIBLE that there is not...too much questions without answers...
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-27, 08:06   Link #12
duncankid
~jeRvArno~

the fight between ban and jackal is really too weak... it is as if jackalbecoem well all of the sudden and ban unleash all his hidden power....
and also i haven even seen the real power of ginji's 2nd self lighting emperor....

i hope there a second season too.....
the manga also didnt end yet....
duncankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-27, 08:28   Link #13
Mr.Minou

but the manga is based on the anime, so the "real story" is the anime and I don't think that if there is a second season, it will follow the manga...
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-27, 09:35   Link #14
mikan

Send a message via MSN to mikan
the anime's based on the manga
mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-27, 10:34   Link #15
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

the infamous getbackers ending.. it had the whole rushed feeling to it
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-27, 12:03   Link #16
kamij0

Spoiler:

Last edited by kamij0; 2003-12-28 at 01:08.
Old 2003-12-27, 18:14   Link #17
LBW
I like obscure crap

Send a message via AIM to LBW

Thanks for ruining the whole show.. There's spoiler code for something.. -_-
LBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-27, 18:26   Link #18
Tritium
doaho...

well it's your own fault with a topic title like this one Get Backers' disappointing... they have to give arguments
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-27, 18:31   Link #19
festosis

yea I was on episode 33 thanks for ruining the whole series for me bra, it be apreciated if you either use the spoiler code or put spoiler on the title of the thread you freakin LOSER!
festosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-27, 19:26   Link #20
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
I would've thought reading just the opening sentence, which had stated this was about the ending would've been enough to stop you reading the rest of the posts. ¬_¬
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote