AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2010-12-12, 14:29   Link #621
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
ah that's a misunderstanding on your part.

the only one who "CAN" awaken are

Spoiler for awaken:
And to that list:
Spoiler:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 14:37   Link #622
tsunade666

well so far all the ones who are divine in origin are
Spoiler for divines:
Old 2010-12-12, 14:49   Link #623
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
well so far all the ones who are divine in origin are
Spoiler for divines:
Spoiler for not divine:
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 16:00   Link #624
tsunade666

to further talk. let's do it in the novel thread. But those two you mention that are not divine. They are divine.
Old 2010-12-13, 07:20   Link #625
all_flying

LoL, seems like this thread getting derailed again and again

Quote:
I know

but the environment still needs to be met for it to happen.
Then, how if we consider that Mikoto are able to fulfill those condition? Her power is all about Electron movement after all

Then summoning lightning any time and any where she like is out of question

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post

If you want her to have wings she did get some i hear in an SS
That Liberal Art City is flawed. Why is she bother to form a wings to fly by those bothersome Hydrolysis or whatever its called. I mean, what is the technical purpose of doing those?

If she want to fly, there is a simpler method called Ionocraft that allow her to propel at any time, place, condition, and direction she wishes.
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 07:41   Link #626
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_flying View Post
That Liberal Art City is flawed. Why is she bother to form a wings to fly by those bothersome Hydrolysis or whatever its called. I mean, what is the technical purpose of doing those?

If she want to fly, there is a simpler method called Ionocraft that allow her to propel at any time, place, condition, and direction she wishes.

How is that a simpler process?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 07:59   Link #627
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
How is that a simpler process?
This part:

Quote:
The term "lifter" is an accurate description because it is not an anti-gravity device, but produces lift in the same sense as a rocket from the reaction force from driving the ionized air downward. Much like a rocket or a jet engine, the force that an ionocraft generates is oriented consistently along its own axis, regardless of the surrounding gravitational field.
See the principle behind it, don't be confused by technical matter (device, etc). So, Mikoto ionized the air around her and control it with her electricity and make it into Ion wind and propel her.

Of course it needs rapid calculation, but she could pull out an instant railgun that needs precise calculation. Then we can assume that she should also able to manage "Ionization - control it" process too.
Old 2010-12-13, 08:25   Link #628
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
See the principle behind it, don't be confused by technical matter (device, etc). So, Mikoto ionized the air around her and control it with her electricity and make it into Ion wind and propel her.

Of course it needs rapid calculation, but she could pull out an instant railgun that needs precise calculation. Then we can assume that she should also able to manage "Ionization - control it" process too.

In that case would it make a big different? I'm not saying your method is wrong, but how much better is it given the situation where they are at sea, surrounded by water.
Old 2010-12-13, 09:23   Link #629
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In that case would it make a big different? I'm not saying your method is wrong, but how much better is it given the situation where they are at sea, surrounded by water.
Or in the middle of a city that don't have much water around?

Ionocraft have simpler step: 1) Ionization (that could be done by "charging" alone); 2) direct the Ion wind to a wished location

What she did at Liberal Art City is 1) Hydrolysis... hey, wait a minute. Which one was she used to form that wings? (H+) or (H-)?

Okay now, I'm confused
Old 2010-12-13, 09:44   Link #630
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Or in the middle of a city that don't have much water around?

Ionocraft have simpler step: 1) Ionization (that could be done by "charging" alone); 2) direct the Ion wind to a wished location

What she did at Liberal Art City is 1) Hydrolysis... hey, wait a minute. Which one was she used to form that wings? (H+) or (H-)?

Okay now, I'm confused
It was in the middle of the sea, with tons and tons of water.

The wings were just for show it didn't really help her fly.
Old 2010-12-13, 20:10   Link #631
Flere821
Lurker

Technically, she didn't use the water on the sea, but water vapour in the air after a few barrages of magical orbital lasers tried to shoot her down, evaporating the sea surface.

And as for the wings, she used one pair for propulsion, and two smaller pairs for navigation.

More info is on Wikia here: http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com...iences_City_SS
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 20:35   Link #632
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ah, my bad then.
Old 2010-12-14, 03:00   Link #633
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Technically, she didn't use the water on the sea, but water vapour in the air after a few barrages of magical orbital lasers tried to shoot her down, evaporating the sea surface.

And as for the wings, she used one pair for propulsion, and two smaller pairs for navigation.

More info is on Wikia here: http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com...iences_City_SS
Quote:
Spoiler:
Still it doesn't explain anything. Why was she extract Hydrogen (the purpose)? And how exactly the technical principle behind her technique (how it works)?

Spoiler:
Old 2010-12-14, 06:45   Link #634
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Spoiler:
The event was planned for a whole week, but IIRC, they were only there for 3 or 4 days before leaving.
cubicjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 10:09   Link #635
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Still it doesn't explain anything. Why was she extract Hydrogen (the purpose)? And how exactly the technical principle behind her technique (how it works)?

Spoiler:
You know how rockets work? It's not the blast of fire that propels it, and it's not the force on the ground either.

Newton's Third Law of Motion says that every force has a reaction force of the same magnitude in the opposite direction. This is used together with the standard combustion reaction: C?H? (any hydrocarbon, the fuel) + oxygen -> carbon dioxide + water vapor + energy.

The gases given off from the reaction are pushed outward by the rocket engine, but at the same time the reaction force from the gas pushes back up on the rocket, propelling it upward.

In Mikoto's case, she replaces the combustion reaction with the hydrolysis reaction: water + energy (from electricity) -> hydrogen gas + oxygen. Still applying Newton's third law, the gas propels Mikoto up like a rocket.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 02:47   Link #636
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
You know how rockets work? It's not the blast of fire that propels it, and it's not the force on the ground either.

Newton's Third Law of Motion says that every force has a reaction force of the same magnitude in the opposite direction. This is used together with the standard combustion reaction: C?H? (any hydrocarbon, the fuel) + oxygen -> carbon dioxide + water vapor + energy.

The gases given off from the reaction are pushed outward by the rocket engine, but at the same time the reaction force from the gas pushes back up on the rocket, propelling it upward.

In Mikoto's case, she replaces the combustion reaction with the hydrolysis reaction: water + energy (from electricity) -> hydrogen gas + oxygen. Still applying Newton's third law, the gas propels Mikoto up like a rocket.
So...?

@ bold part

she needs "fuel" for that right? It seems she brought a lot of water behind her back and doing the extremely fast hydrolysis reaction?
Old 2010-12-15, 10:13   Link #637
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
So...?

@ bold part

she needs "fuel" for that right? It seems she brought a lot of water behind her back and doing the extremely fast hydrolysis reaction?
Well, after braking water into oxygen + hydrogen, you can then "burn" it with hydrogen as fuel, getting back water and tons of heat.

Ta da, it's effectively rocket fuel.

So it's sort of just converting electrical energy (which she seem to be able to generate a crazy amount of) into heat.
Old 2010-12-15, 11:41   Link #638
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
Well, after braking water into oxygen + hydrogen, you can then "burn" it with hydrogen as fuel, getting back water and tons of heat.

Ta da, it's effectively rocket fuel.

So it's sort of just converting electrical energy (which she seem to be able to generate a crazy amount of) into heat.
If Kazuma hinted that it is a Hydrolysis, then there is two output: (H+) and (OH-) (and energy).

(H+) is not really a Hydrogen. Because it only have 1 proton, or we might call it proton itself. And another one is (OH-).

I doubt it could be "recycled".
Old 2010-12-15, 11:54   Link #639
Miraluka
Banned

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=92229
This is the thread for the current discussion.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 23:26   Link #640
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=92229
This is the thread for the current discussion.
Oh no need to. I had enough seeing sophism theology debate

Just say, Kazuma indeed neglecting Railgun and not doing enough research on it. Even Narita doing much better at another Railgun SS