AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-29, 11:04   Link #1521
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

It seems that Natsuru is just a toy for the girls to play around with for their own purposes. Poor guy.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 11:08   Link #1522
Nosauz

Or I don't know, mebbe shizuku likes natsuru? SHOCK!!
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 11:17   Link #1523
LaoED

Mah, Natsuru missed his chance with Akane at the bedroom!!! But this isn't going to go any higher than that, especially with his obliviousness
LaoED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 11:36   Link #1524
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

I must admit I liked those White Kämpfer girls, I actually thought they would be more evil.
To bad Rika wasn't with them. xD

But Akane and Mikoto are still my favourite girls in this show so far.
Old 2009-11-29, 14:18   Link #1525
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if this anime was a great idea after all.Or rather, was this story even a good idea to begin with.

Maburaho was better than this after all!
Seriously?!
*checks*
Uwaah, seriously! Unbelievable... Instead of this, he should just focus on that instead...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 14:19   Link #1526
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

whooo, the Shizuku ship is sailing!! Mikoto was great this ep too. meanwhile, Sakura... *shakes head* she's a lost cause. i think the show will turn out to something along the lines of the kampfers vs the moderators.

anywho, more Shizuka next week? yes please.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 14:22   Link #1527
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Seriously?!
*checks*
Uwaah, seriously! Unbelievable... Instead of this, he should just focus on that instead...
wot wot, is this sarcasm? What is Maburaho? Never heard of it :X. Should i check it out (manga or anime version)?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 14:31   Link #1528
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
wot wot, is this sarcasm? What is Maburaho? Never heard of it :X. Should i check it out (manga or anime version)?
No, not sarcasm. Personally, Maburaho >>> Void >>> Kempufer, so I definitely want him to work harder on that. (One big point is the difference in the illustration. Definitely E-ji over whoever is doing this's illustration)
Maburaho is a light novel series that got an manga and anime adaption. For more info, check Wikipedia. The art in the novel is drawn by E-ji, famous for not drawing panties on the female characters. AKA, don't mistake it for Mahoraba.
Check out the anime version. The manga... is considerably... bad. The novel is the best, of course, but there is no English translation.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 14:38   Link #1529
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
It's a comedy harem with occasional traces of drama. Modern times setting, but there's magic - and the male lead, Shikimori Kazuki, visits a magic academy there. Respect for magicians is earned by having a high number of activation times for magic spells, and the male lead is the typical grey mouse wuss with only 8 activations (means that he can cast only 8 spells before he turns into dust). However, because the probability is extremely high that his future _offspring_ might be insanely powerful, his _genes_ suddenly become very valuable. Naturally, this leads to him being aggressively pursued by the school idols and detested by his envious classmates. The usual hijinks ensue.

Show aired around 4-5 years ago, production values can't compare to modern anime. I liked the show because it had an interesting mix, good characters and occasional dramatic arcs. However, it's mostly "issue of the week" style and only few long-reaching developments.

I'd give it a 7/10. If you like this kind of genre, give it a shot, but don't force yourself if you don't.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 14:41   Link #1530
Nosauz

Well Maburaho was quite bad in the sense that when it did get serious it would then go and gainax the entire thing which pretty much destroyed anypoint to the drama, except to jerk the reader around.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 15:11   Link #1531
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
That was a very nice twist at the end of the episode. And quite unexpected, at least in my case, as I'm not familiar with the source material.

Overall, episode 9 was a really good, solid, zany episode. Seeing Sakura cheer on Natsuru (male)/Shizuku made for a bit of a change of pace... so did Shizuku really going for the kill as it pertains to winning over Natsuru.

What I also liked with this episode is that it felt to me like the Kampfer conflict plot and the romance plot have converged and intertwined nicely here.

Some veils were lifted a bit with this episode... and at this juncture in the anime, that was pretty exciting to me.

All-told this was probably my favorite Kampfer episode yet.
Old 2009-11-29, 15:16   Link #1532
Fishfood1

i hope that when natsuru wakes up from sakura's hypnotic spell, he'd realize the other 3 girls are much better option since they don't have a problem with his male self. sakura said some really mean things to him, and if he doesn't change and choose someone else, then he's obviously brain damaged beyond repair.

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 16:04   Link #1533
suiryoku
Urusai! (うるさい
*Graphic Designer

I really like Akane. She's so shy, and always thinking that everything Natsuru says has an sexual undertone -- it's pretty hilarious and cute.
suiryoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 18:38   Link #1534
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I wholeheartedly agree. Mikoto continues to show off her cute expressions, especially when she's pouting. ^^
+1

and Shizuku too, w00t w00t

the ending is a little bit creepy, duh.
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 18:42   Link #1535
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

HAHA! The Gurren Lagann reference made me laugh.
At least I THINK it was a reference. I'm not sure one way or the other. Akane did say "aniki" after all...

Anyway, this was a really funny episode. Can you say "FANSERVICE"? Rofl.
Old 2009-11-29, 19:24   Link #1536
Nemesis

Mentar, you stop trying to attack me will you.NOW.Drop it or i'll report it.I'm disabling my rep.

And Maburaho and Kampfer can be compared despite being different i say.But that's just how I think,and it matters only to myself.I am simply sharing with everyone.

..........And i cannot express how i actually think of this story?Just because it does not fit well with you?Fine then, since you apparently dont want me sharing my thoughts here, i'll gladly just take some measures to stop spoiling your fun.

I know very well what i see is the truth for myself and only for myself.
And i'm not even looking at it harshly and seriously when i come to look at it.I actually stuck with it through and i dont regret it sticking with it through untill its finished.I GAVE it a chance.But its still a fact that it isn't that great to me.

I might understand your view someday, but i still think if the story is able to give me this kind of impression, it isnt right.
I thought this place was quite accomodating different kinds of fans and opinions, but guess i was wrong.

Last edited by Nemesis; 2009-11-29 at 20:18.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 22:19   Link #1537
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Hi, I would like a bit of clarification on the White gunner Kampfer. The character page on TV Tropes says her weapon is an IWI Uzi, but as I'm watching ep9 right now, I can CLEARLY see her weapon is an Ingram MAC-10 or MAC-11. Is this a case of mis-identification or is this a discrepancy between the anime and the novel and the manga?
Old 2009-11-29, 22:53   Link #1538
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Hi, I would like a bit of clarification on the White gunner Kampfer. The character page on TV Tropes says her weapon is an IWI Uzi, but as I'm watching ep9 right now, I can CLEARLY see her weapon is an Ingram MAC-10 or MAC-11. Is this a case of mis-identification or is this a discrepancy between the anime and the novel and the manga?
I remember on wikipedia say it is MAC-10 long time ago. May be TV Tropes mis-identificated it .
Old 2009-11-29, 23:14   Link #1539
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
I remember on wikipedia say it is MAC-10 long time ago. May be TV Tropes mis-identificated it .
It is a MAC-10, not an Uzi. See 12.56 and 14.44 for details.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 23:17   Link #1540
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

I'm just wondering what prompted the troper to identify it as an Uzi at least WEEKS in advance of this episode. He must have been following the manga/novel and thus could be a disrepancy between mediums rather than mis-identification.

Tags
action, comedy, genderbender, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen