Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-06-25, 20:13   Link #7481
csuree
The Most Hated™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Wasn't it mentioned near the beginning of the series that Yui dyed her hair and dressed herself up after the first year, meaning pink isn't her natural hair color?

Did they forget that tidbit after all this time?
Who said mothers cannot dye their hair also? Did you overlook this critical possibility?

Gonna wait for the subs, I hardly understood anything without them, only something about Yui leaving the club and Hachiman not accepting this.
Old 2015-06-25, 21:34   Link #7482
NicApple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Wasn't it mentioned near the beginning of the series that Yui dyed her hair and dressed herself up after the first year, meaning pink isn't her natural hair color?

Did they forget that tidbit after all this time?
I don't really see much issue with her hair colour though...
It seems to be brown to me.

Spoiler for :
NicApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 01:00   Link #7483
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
Same ending as the novel, just skimmed through the novel.

Btw, regarding Yukino's copying people, do you think she copied her snarky tongue and her 上から目線-attitude (sorry, the english word doesn't appear in my mind now) from Haruno? And regarding the penguins, after reading that info board, do you think she saw herself in those penguins? The extreme form of reliance? Is she afraid/disturbed by the fact that she may be willing to follow someone to their death?
I still think that's what she developed by herself. Besides, Haruno finds deeper buttons to push, while Yukino only stops at the surface issues.

Her copying is almost exclusively related to her family.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 01:02   Link #7484
RioFoxx

So. Are everyone's feelings really clearly in the open now? I can't understand Japanese, so...

(Yes, I know, I should wait, but I'm dying...)

Edit: Sorry, I meant I cannt understand, as in the episode. XD. Dying waiting for Commie.

Last edited by RioFoxx; 2015-06-26 at 02:08.
RioFoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 05:48   Link #7485
Tormenk

Short of saying it out loud, both Yui and Yukino understand that each other likes their resident hinedere. Hikki's feelings for them romantically however are still as vague as ever.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 06:10   Link #7486
RioFoxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Short of saying it out loud, both Yui and Yukino understand that each other likes their resident hinedere. Hikki's feelings for them romantically however are still as vague as ever.
I really appreciate the response. I was freaking out at some of the things that I was hearing, but getting some more pictures (Yukino reaching for chocolate), watching the raw, your reply, and Excor's summary has helped a ton.

I'd say, of what I understand, that's a pretty good note to end on, despite the crazy cliffhanger. Thanks again.

Last edited by RioFoxx; 2015-06-26 at 06:21.
Old 2015-06-26, 06:15   Link #7487
NeutralZero

In terms of Hachiman's feelings,
somehow it seems like its closer to Yukino than Yui
but Iroha's antics can't be ignored...

In terms of Yui/Yukino's fondness of Hachiman,
sure they know or have a feeling that the other party likes the guy but did they confront one another about their feeling for him?
or are the two playing chicken to maintain the fragile homeostasis of their group...

Is Haruno the final boss or is it Yukino's parents and her status the final hurdle of the story?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 08:50   Link #7488
Dysprosium
Banned

Something interesting to ponder upon.

Spoiler for White Album 2 comparisons:
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 10:17   Link #7489
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

^^^
Pythagorean theorem of love triangles

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 11:06   Link #7490
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY.Gangnam View Post

... Please no.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 12:23   Link #7491
csuree
The Most Hated™

Now you made me interested in WA2... maybe I'll watch it..
Old 2015-06-26, 14:28   Link #7492
RioFoxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChineseGuy View Post
... Please no.
Wataru Watari isn't the type to directly take another's ending, but he sure makes a ton of references.
Old 2015-06-26, 14:38   Link #7493
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Now you made me interested in WA2... maybe I'll watch it..
Play the VN, the anime is... painfully?
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 14:39   Link #7494
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY.Gangnam View Post

Goodness no...if Yui loses people will begin saying this is WA3. (never watched WA2, mind you)

Just pondering the thought but I think Yui really embraced her inner Haruno on this last ep.

Sure, one face of the coin says she didn't want things to change or them being hurt again, but that cold glare she was giving Yukino clearly said otherwise, "You take Hikki and you lose me" or " If I can't, you won't either" real yandere vibes there.
Old 2015-06-26, 14:40   Link #7495
csuree
The Most Hated™

Commie sure take their time with the last episodes release....maybe Horrible will come out faster.

watari showed us that he makes a very high number of hints to other works in the anime industry, why would WA be left out?

play the VN? there is a VN of it?....gotta search it then....
Old 2015-06-26, 15:15   Link #7496
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
play the VN? there is a VN of it?....gotta search it then....
White Album 2 is originally a VN, consisting of three parts. The anime is basically a 1-to-1 adaptation of the first part (the introductory chapter).

As for comparisons with this series here, I'm no friend of such shallow comparisons, just because you have a triangle constellation. The premises of each series and the characters are quite different.
Old 2015-06-26, 22:44   Link #7497
Tormenk

I reckon commie's just taking their sweet time since there was no Iroha in the final episode, plus both side's reactions are hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
Goodness no...if Yui loses people will begin saying this is WA3. (never watched WA2, mind you)

Just pondering the thought but I think Yui really embraced her inner Haruno on this last ep.

Sure, one face of the coin says she didn't want things to change or them being hurt again, but that cold glare she was giving Yukino clearly said otherwise, "You take Hikki and you lose me" or " If I can't, you won't either" real yandere vibes there.
Rather than Haruno, don't you think she might have been pulling something Hayama would do instead?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 23:27   Link #7498
RioFoxx

Honestly, about that...the part that destroyed me was just...how Yukinoshita was falling apart at the seams under Yui's pressure towards the end there.

I was crushed.

Definitely her lowest point. But hopefully the symbolism makes the wait worth it.

Quote:
I reckon commie's just taking their sweet time since there was no Iroha in the final episode, plus both side's reactions are hilarious.
It really doesn't matter anymore. Probably time to ditch Commie and wait for Horriblesubs. No big deal, lol. At this point, I took to a damn dictionary and my incredibly basic non-fluent Japanese skills and started figuring out part of it myself.

Quote:
Rather than Haruno, don't you think she might have been pulling something Hayama would do instead?
Hmmm, possibly. I don't think I thought about it that way. I almost feel like it was a mixture in some ways.

Last edited by RioFoxx; 2015-06-27 at 00:01.
Old 2015-06-27, 00:13   Link #7499
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioFoxx View Post
Honestly, about that...the part that destroyed me was just...how Yukinoshita was falling apart at the seams under Yui's pressure towards the end there.

I was crushed.

Definitely her lowest point. But hopefully the symbolism makes the wait worth it.
First time Yui actually tried to take advantage of Yukino there, or at least, that's my interpretation of it. But yes, it's painful. I won't mention how it put me in a depressed state yesterday that I couldn't translate anything. Oh wait, I just did.

Last edited by Excorsism; 2015-06-27 at 00:51.
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 00:42   Link #7500
Zoman

Commie's episode 13 translation is up now. Oh Commie you jokester you.
Zoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck