AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-06-06, 17:59   Link #141
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Well she is doing it seemingly as part of her duties, and given Ishigami's insecurities it probably would not even occur to him that means anything else.
He said he was planning to quit. Even if it wasn't romantic, the fact that he had a change of heart after reading Tsubame's text is too significant to pass off as coincidence.

The fact that Tsubame and Onodera were the only two people given names at the meeting should also have been enough merit to give her a face.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 18:36   Link #142
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was shocked at how bad Onodera looked. Then I went back and checked the chapter and that was indeed how she looked back then. The anime should have used her revamped design from the get go.

Really enjoyed what the anime did with those chapters. Miko's overly dramatized fantasy, Kaguya dancing, the fighting game battle... really good stuff.
Old 2020-06-06, 20:44   Link #143
Wandering Soul

Iino's delusions are ridiculous, but well produced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was shocked at how bad Onodera looked. Then I went back and checked the chapter and that was indeed how she looked back then. The anime should have used her revamped design from the get go.

Yeah, that style really didn't suit her.
Old 2020-06-06, 20:45   Link #144
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Iino really wants to live in a 80s movie and then there Kaguya really should of picked a better calming point but at less she dose have a nice throw
Old 2020-06-06, 21:47   Link #145
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I honestly do like how good Kaguya is around Ishigami. Was really helpful and honestly fairly restrained despite taking a slight hit at her uniform being tight around his chest. A cute little prank was pretty minor of a counter move. She did effectively terrify him so much early on that it has taken quite some time to change how she's perceived.

Lot of fun in this episode. Iino's imagination was...startling. The hilarious musical sequence attached to Kaguya seeking her routine was fun. And really the whole fighting game aspect to her versus Shirogane was keeping me laughing throughout .
Old 2020-06-09, 03:04   Link #146
Dark Wing

Someone I know had just pointed this out to me and I hate I didn't catch this sooner.

The Doctor in episode 8 was reminiscing about falling in love when he was younger while staring at Kaguya. Was the girl he was in love with Kaguya's mother? If so could it be that things didn't work out was because she was already arranged to marry into the Shinomiya?

It would explain why he dropped everything just to see her. He's looking after Nayotake's daughter!
Old 2020-06-09, 09:53   Link #147
magnuskn

That seemed to be the implication, yes.
Old 2020-06-09, 14:36   Link #148
4th Dimension

Ughhhh. No, doctor was not in love with Kaguya's mother.
Yes, he did know her and treat her since we see her in a hospital bed.

It seems a LOT of people are being confused by them adding the extra page (page from the volume extras) at the end of the chapter (at the end of the segment of the episode adapting the chapter) so they make the connection that Nayotake/Kaguya mom is the same woman we see when he mentions having an "exciting" younger years.

Those events are separated by decades since meeting the woman doctor is a high schooler while Kaguya mom he seems to have met when he was a doctor, which is decades later.

What we should take from this is that doctor knew Kaguya's mom. That she was of seemingly weak constitution and/or depressed. He as her doctor empathized and when he heard Kaguya, which we were told he has been her personal doctor since her childhood, was brought in in an ambulance he assumed she was having issues like her Mom. But instead Kaguya is MUCH more livlier and is having pretty normal teenage nonsense issues.
Which is why he musses later how Kaguya seems to be doing well, with presumably unsaid being that Kaguya's mom wasn't doing that well.

And no none of this is based on manga only content. All of this is from anime.

Yes, people can care and empathize with other peple without being in love.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server

Last edited by 4th Dimension; 2020-06-10 at 11:32. Reason: some clarification
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-09, 16:22   Link #149
magnuskn

Ah, you might want to look at the 8th volume extra content, that shot was from the manga. Not disputing the rest of your comment, but that wasn't an anime original.
Old 2020-06-10, 11:30   Link #150
4th Dimension

I literally said it's a page from extras. Yes it's cannon and everything, but it was not part of the chapter. Hence it makes people think there is much more to it since the part of the episode adapting this chapter ends with it.

Old 2020-06-10, 16:15   Link #151
magnuskn

Hmm, yeah, too bad I can't verify what you said in your last post anymore (I could well have overread that part), because you've just altered it, so there is no way to verify your claim.
Old 2020-06-10, 16:35   Link #152
4th Dimension

I only added the bits in brackets, because I realized I might be a bit unclear about that.

Spoiler for Screenshot of the version difference screen:

Old 2020-06-11, 00:26   Link #153
magnuskn

Thanks for posting the prior version. And in that version I didn't get from your phrasing that you meant the manga, not the anime (although I probably could have made the connection by you using the word "page", if I'd thought deeper about it). Again, thanks for the clarification.
Old 2020-06-13, 11:57   Link #154
Frontier

So we learn a lot more about the Shirogane family dynamic. The mom who the kids apparently got their hair color from basically abandoned the family for a younger man and they're stuck with their bumbling, jobless, and emotionally awkward dad who's still pining for a woman who left him seven years ago. Our Miyuki Shirogane has basically had to be the "mom" to Kei, leaving him to face the wrath of her teen rebellion phase .

When you're curious about your brother but have to be a tsundere about it to maintain your image .

Fujiwara has finally had enough of training Shirogane, but she's not about to let someone else come in and think they can teach Shirogane how to be a functional dancer. Shirogane painfully gets stuck in a Harem situation again but this time it actually ends up with true net benefits .

The Shujin Board Game Club seem like they live in their own little world (fittingly since Fujiwara is a member) but they also seem to have a lot of fun. Poor Saitama though .

Miko and Ishigami fight like cats and dogs but are both upright individuals to have each others backs even when the other doesn't know about it, be it Ishigami protecting Iino from her bullying or Iino defending Ishigami's right to go to high school .

Oh hey, Fujiwara's dad! Of course his appearance was kind of overshadowed by his daughter in that tight, scrunched up, shirt .

I love how Kaguya had to go out of the way so no one can see or hear her rooting for Shirogane and then she stumbles into his dad and unknowingly has to defend her crush's honor from his own father. Said father then turns her into a blushing schoolgirl .

Yeah, Kaguya seems like she's figured out that she has a really troublesome future father-in-law to have to worry about .

I'm guessing that girl at the end is the one involved in the scandal that got Ishigami suspended and turned the girls against him. Seems like it's finally time for Ishigami's story to be told .
Old 2020-06-13, 13:44   Link #155
EroKing

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-21 at 15:23.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-13, 15:04   Link #156
AntonKutovoi

Fujiwara's father is a goddamn Mihawk, of all people. Or Zhang Fei and Taishi Ci, if you prefer.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-13, 15:36   Link #157
Shadow5YA

Got to give major props to Koga Aoi's performance. The shriek she did after Papa Shirogane revealed himself was perfect.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-13, 18:26   Link #158
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Fujiwara's father is a goddamn Mihawk, of all people. Or Zhang Fei and Taishi Ci, if you prefer.
And he only had, like, two lines .
Old 2020-06-13, 18:51   Link #159
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'd say Kaguya's first meeting with her future father in law went well, all things considered. She kept singing his son's praise. If she had answered in a tsundere fashion, it would have been worse.
Old 2020-06-13, 21:06   Link #160
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Poor Chika had to do it again and just how is that a dance Miyuki looks like he was having a seizure

Needs more Kei

Tags
rom com