AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-05-28, 10:58   Link #5621
Wandering Soul

We didn't even get to see Ichigo's new power and the only real important thing was the Bach scene. So as usual not much really happened.
Old 2014-05-28, 11:09   Link #5622
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
eeehh.. new chapter and we still haven't seen Ichigo's new zanpakutou power... so boring
Patience. Patience. But we got to see Ichigo breezing through his battle with a smile for a change. That's something.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 11:50   Link #5623
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
well as you just proved with your post: you like the story, but you can't explain why

i think things should have reasons, yes
No, it's perfectly possible to like something without having a reason and there is no necessity either to justify that.

As for why I haven't dropped Bleach long ago, it's because there are some interesting characters (to me) and I'm looking forward to seeing them again. My Momo even got 2 panels this chapter (!)
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 11:57   Link #5624
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Old 2014-05-28, 12:11   Link #5625
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
With the way he's handling things right now, I wouldn't be surprised if he breezed through the fight without revealing any special abilities.
Old 2014-05-28, 13:50   Link #5626
Saravis4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
This chapter didn't seem all that bad. Still hate Ichigo saving Kenpachi, but I'm diggin' his new look.
I feel the same way, it was a pleasant chapter, but pretty much everyone is getting reduced to damsel in distress for Ichigo.
Old 2014-05-28, 14:44   Link #5627
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
With the way he's handling things right now, I wouldn't be surprised if he breezed through the fight without revealing any special abilities.
Ditto, I feel it'll be like just after he saved Rukia, when he downed three lieutenants with his bare hands. So I could see him trashing Bambietta's unit without even using his sword. Then Yhwach appears, and that's when he finally draws his sword. We'll see where it goes from there. Until then..
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 14:55   Link #5628
itachi-san314

on a side note, i'm pretty sure the aizen shitritter is actually aizen. his choice is whether to help ichigo or ywach for the time being
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 15:24   Link #5629
bakato

Quote:
on a side note, i'm pretty sure the aizen shitritter is actually aizen. his choice is whether to help ichigo or ywach for the time being
Yeah. I can see a resemblance.
Old 2014-05-28, 18:26   Link #5630
ChampDream
Alive

It doesn't seem that Ichigo will have trouble in this fight, now I wonder what Bach's next move is?
Old 2014-05-28, 22:57   Link #5631
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post

On a more serious note, I think Kubo is setting up an Ichigo/Ishida confrontation and I kind of love it.

Ishida will have to decide between his loyalty to the Quincy or his friendship with Ichigo. They've always been unlikely allies and Ishida has never been entirely on board with Soul Society. It would be a nice call back to their first match up in the first arc of the manga, kind of bringing it full circle.

I can't tell if that Sternritter in the last page is actually Aizen or if it's just lazy character design at this point. I'm leaning towards the latter, but it would be a cool twist if it were him. Maybe Kubo will go full trope on us and reveal that Aizen had an identical twin.

Anyway, this is all speculation but what else do we have at this point?
Old 2014-05-28, 23:55   Link #5632
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post

On a more serious note, I think Kubo is setting up an Ichigo/Ishida confrontation and I kind of love it.

Ishida will have to decide between his loyalty to the Quincy or his friendship with Ichigo. They've always been unlikely allies and Ishida has never been entirely on board with Soul Society. It would be a nice call back to their first match up in the first arc of the manga, kind of bringing it full circle.
Haschwalth said Uryu accepted their invitation, so it doesn't seem like he was forced to join them. If nothing else, Uryu is ready to fight Shinigami and Ichigo. Why? Because he knows more than we do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I can't tell if that Sternritter in the last page is actually Aizen or if it's just lazy character design at this point. I'm leaning towards the latter, but it would be a cool twist if it were him. Maybe Kubo will go full trope on us and reveal that Aizen had an identical twin.

Anyway, this is all speculation but what else do we have at this point?
Candice looks like a PMSing Rangiku. Guenael looked like Uryu's granddad. Meninas looks like Orihime. Yes, Kubo recycles designs. So Askin looking like an Aizen/Ginjo hybrid is a coincidence. (And most of female faces are the same.)
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 00:37   Link #5633
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altes View Post
Haschwalth said Uryu accepted their invitation, so it doesn't seem like he was forced to join them. If nothing else, Uryu is ready to fight Shinigami and Ichigo. Why? Because he knows more than we do.
He really wasn't forced, but then Yhwach made Uryu his successor which completely ruined his plans to kill Yhwach and avenge his mother. He might not have been coerced, but he got seriously trolled. What does he do now, can't wait to find out. Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 01:39   Link #5634
itachi-san314

Quote:
So Askin looking like an Aizen/Ginjo hybrid is a coincidence
then why choose to highlight that character when the main characters in this (ichigo,ishida and ywach) are on center stage? only a character on aizen's level would make sense to follow up ywach's appearance on the battlefield and end the chapter
Old 2014-05-29, 04:56   Link #5635
Eragon
Still Alive

Does anyone remember that Urahara beat(well, not really) Aizen using just Kido way back when ? Like Aizen commented that if had not been fused with the Hogyoku he would have died from that one spell that I can't seem to recall. That displays just cray-cray levels of power and proficiency (from Urahara).

I mean how is Kubo gonna reconcile him into the power structure he has created for this arc ? I mean if he can take down Aizen using just Kido then he can pretty much take down anyone by using just Kido.

*I know I'm glossing over the fact that Aizen was a bit drunken with his own power at that point. But still, he's Aizen and he still didn't see that spell coming.

The reason I'm rambling this stuff is because...you guessed it, there's NOTHING to discuss in this chapter apart from how that Aizen clone could probably, maybe, could be Aizen.

Last edited by Eragon; 2014-05-29 at 07:16.
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 07:09   Link #5636
Alchemist007
*Author

Was kinda hoping the girls would be pulp from just him punching them into buildings, but now he has to go and use his swords!
Old 2014-05-29, 08:00   Link #5637
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
He really wasn't forced, but then Yhwach made Uryu his successor which completely ruined his plans to kill Yhwach and avenge his mother. He might not have been coerced, but he got seriously trolled. What does he do now, can't wait to find out. Until then...
Uryu would be stupid if his plan was to join Wandenreich, and then just approach Yhwach and kill him. However, if Uryu's goal is to kill Yhwach, then becoming his successor doesn't ruin his plan at all. Plans like that require waiting for the right moment, then striking.
Quote:
then why choose to highlight that character when the main characters in this (ichigo,ishida and ywach) are on center stage? only a character on aizen's level would make sense to follow up ywach's appearance on the battlefield and end the chapter
Why does it only makes sense for an Aizen-level character? What is Aizen-level, anyway?
Old 2014-05-29, 08:18   Link #5638
Eragon
Still Alive

^ One step below Urahara-level.
Old 2014-05-29, 10:13   Link #5639
itachi-san314

Quote:
Why does it only makes sense for an Aizen-level character? What is Aizen-level, anyway?
importance to the story and overall strength compared to everyone we know. urahara is also at that level, but of course this shitritter isn't him. some practically nameless shitritter we know nothing about can't really compare to the likes of aizen and urahara in this story
Old 2014-05-29, 10:44   Link #5640
Altes
Banned

Quote:
importance to the story and overall strength compared to everyone we know. urahara is also at that level, but of course this shitritter isn't him. some practically nameless shitritter we know nothing about can't really compare to the likes of aizen and urahara in this story
Well it's true Askin is considered one of the strongest Ritters... so he is probably Aizen-level. Still, the only other thing he has with Aizen in common is hair.

Tags
bleach, chapter