Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-01-24, 00:30   Link #61
Kazu-kun

Damn, Komichi has game. There is no girl safe with her around. lol
Old 2022-01-24, 02:21   Link #62
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

What is this show? It is well drawn. Well acted. Beautiful in its own way. But... with little hints of very minor yuri? Am I just reading a little too much into vignettes of friendship? Maybe...

Either way, this might be the low key feel good show of the season for me.
Old 2022-01-24, 06:09   Link #63
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
But... with little hints of very minor yuri? Am I just reading a little too much into vignettes of friendship? Maybe...
Spoiler for large image, safe for work:

Maybe not... ?
Old 2022-01-29, 16:14   Link #64
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 4 was nicely delightful. The focus on trying to capture what Akebi is really like paid off nicely by the end. The animations in the cooking segment were hilarious! Her photos in the photobook were perfect. As was the cover and then the detail view they did of that photo at the very end.

Really enjoying this series so far. Just hoping Akebi doesn't eventually do something stupid like forcing a friend to climb out of a frozen stream after a bike crash.
Old 2022-01-29, 19:46   Link #65
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

This is such a good anime, it is so much fun to watch.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-29, 20:58   Link #66
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-31, 13:54   Link #67
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Excellent show, up to ep3. A new kind of Marimite? Lovely images and lovely people. If you need external tension, this show is not for you, but it is for me. No boring nasty girls, just real people.

Akebi just becomes more and more charming and more and more popular. And her athleticism: that incredible, prolonged stretch and then the barefoot run. So glad she chose the drama club, too. The faces seemed odd until I got used to them. The ED and its animation are great.

Here's a pic of the director, Kuroki Miyuki 黒木美幸:

She's a key animator who has been assistant director on a couple of shows and directed Idolmaster Side M in 2017. Her earliest credit was as an animation checker on Magi: The Kingdom of Magic, in 2012. Not sure how old she is, or when this pic was taken.

Chara-des and animation direction is by Kouno Megumi 河野恵美 (Vivid Red, Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia):

The star is played by Murakami Manatsu 村上まなつ, who was the black cat in Odd Taxi and Yuzuha in Cue! Only started seiyuu work in 2019. She does a brilliant job with the ED. Idol seiyuu incoming:

Touko (who took pics of herself) is played by another rising seiyuu, Kitou Akari (Tsukasa in Tonikaku Kawaii). Erika (long yellow twintails) is played by Amamiya Sora (Kaori in Isshuukan Friends). Akebi's mother is played by Hanazawa Kana. Her sister by Kuno Misaki (Kate in Zvezda, and many children and small animals).

The matter of the sailor-fuku uniform works fine for me. Sure it's a trick, but it shows Akebi's combination of simplicity and determination. And her straightforward love of family.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2022-01-31 at 14:18.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-31, 19:14   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wouldn't have thought the director was a woman. I doubt the author of the manga is one though.
Old 2022-02-05, 15:44   Link #69
grecefar

I can imagine akebi going home humming the pokemon theme, gotta catch them all.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-05, 19:27   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As expected of Komichi, she doesn't have one but two stalkers!

I really like what the show is doing, having Komichi befriend new classmates every week, learning more about them and influencing them in the process.
Old 2022-02-05, 20:42   Link #71
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Tired of monster of the week? Here we have loli *ahem* friend of the week
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-06, 09:04   Link #72
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Tired of monster of the week? Here we have loli *ahem* friend of the week
That's the plot, basically -- hyper-genki girl (Akebi) encounters and befriends a different type of classmate or two each chapter/episode. She started with the oujo-sama (Erika) and now she's collected the class prez (Tanigawa), quiet bookworm (Kojou), extrovert (Usagihara), loli (Hiraiwa), the hick-from-the-sticks (Tougeguchi), chonky-girl (Shijou) and so on. Still more to come.
Old 2022-02-12, 18:02   Link #73
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm happy Erika was given the spotlight again, and is officially Komichi's closest friend... and maybe more in the future. That scene in the library? No yuri goggles needed there.

After seeing two fishing shows in the past year (including one this season), I could tell that Erika studied up a lot. She did a lot of the things they teach beginners to do in these shows.

I'm liking this show more and more, and Slow loop less and less. It was the opposite when they started.
Old 2022-02-12, 22:13   Link #74
Decel

In today's episode, we learn that Komichi's butt makes a great sound when you smack it...

The doujins write themselves...

Makes me want to see Kao more often ("It's not an umbrella?", lol!)
Old 2022-02-13, 07:53   Link #75
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
In today's episode, we learn that Komichi's butt makes a great sound when you smack it...
The actual sound was meh though. And her butt didn't even jiggle when it was slapped. I'm disappointed, Cloverworks.
Old 2022-02-13, 21:05   Link #76
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm liking this show more and more, and Slow loop less and less. It was the opposite when they started.
Who needs the real thing? This episode showed that this anime can just do Slow Loop in its place, but with higher quality (and derpier faces, I guess)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-14, 01:26   Link #77
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Still really enjoying this one. I like that it's just sorta honest and wholesome. It's not super contrived. It's not really even overly cute. I like Akebi's successes and failures. She feels like a real girl outgoing enough to make friends but still nervous in the moment. And the art is surprisingly good. And I kinda like the faces. They set it apart from a K-On! or something similar.

For all the big flashy things there are to watch, I'm drawn to something like this that operates on a smaller scale but still tells nice stories.
Old 2022-02-19, 17:31   Link #78
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 7
Another week, another touching short tale of friendship. This one had some interesting animation flourishes, but it was the emotion that made the episode great.

Spoiler:

I love little episodes like this. Doubt, fear, struggle, daring, joy. This was a great episode because it was so small and self contained.

Last edited by Ragashingo; 2022-02-19 at 20:04.
Ragashingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-19, 18:39   Link #79
grecefar

Guitar > Piano.

I'm glad akebi stopped her at the end, I was about to drop this immediately, that was going to be one of the most savage NTR I've ever seen, an instant drop.

That was close...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-19, 19:26   Link #80
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This really was a great episode. This show is turning out to be quite the little gem.

Tags
comedy, iyashikei