AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-10-22, 12:02   Link #641
Aldheild
Definitely Not a Stalker

What's the English translation of the title? I tried running it on MT but what I got is "ideal life of pimp", or something like that.
Aldheild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 14:17   Link #642
ungururuh

"The ideal sponger life" and by "sponger" it means to say "man that does nothing else but reproduce".

But don't be discouraged because the protagonist is as normal as a human being can be, or actually he is a bit of a hard worker as Aura, his wife, states.
ungururuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 19:35   Link #643
Aldheild
Definitely Not a Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungururuh View Post
"The ideal sponger life" and by "sponger" it means to say "man that does nothing else but reproduce".

But don't be discouraged because the protagonist is as normal as a human being can be, or actually he is a bit of a hard worker as Aura, his wife, states.
Thank you.
Aldheild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-28, 01:18   Link #644
Waxman

Oh! New chapter! Aire conditioning unit asemble!
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 02:33   Link #645
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Oh! New chapter! Aire conditioning unit asemble!
I have assemble one. And believe me. Those professionals is amazing...
Old 2015-11-04, 20:32   Link #646
S3wvc

Is it just me or something happened with the site
After site download finished, everthing except the background goes invisible
S3wvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 20:46   Link #647
cabman11

I wonder did he ever manage to connect back to the Internet?
Old 2015-11-22, 09:05   Link #648
Waxman

So we have a bath chapter with the three troublemakers, and Zenjiro's infamous soap.
I was expecting a little more about those wild dragons, i am curious about what will happen.
Old 2015-12-01, 14:52   Link #649
KnightShade

it's always the least talked about ones that end up being goldmines.
Old 2015-12-01, 15:17   Link #650
Breimn

BTw new ch out
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 00:16   Link #651
Waxman

Oh! Thank PROzess for the chaper!
It may be little but after the issue with his socks i already like Prince Francesco, either he is like that and we can expect him to bring the comedy or he's acting so others understimate him.
Old 2015-12-02, 02:20   Link #652
ungururuh

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
I wonder did he ever manage to connect back to the Internet?
In the WN Zenjirou has a thought on how he might try to connect to the internet but it is a vague idea that borders more on a wish but who knows he might one day try some things out on that front. The firebricks started out almost the same way and right now in the WN they already started "developing" them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Oh! Thank PROzess for the chaper!
It may be little but after the issue with his socks i already like Prince Francesco, either he is like that and we can expect him to bring the comedy or he's acting so others understimate him.
Prince Francesco is indeed one of the interesting characters. The way that he conducts himself is not an act but at the same time that is not the entirety of his persona. The best words to describe him would be "a genius that most would think a foul".

If you are sharp enough you can pick this up even in his first conversation.

(Princess Bona)
“No problem. I may be speaking out of turn, but I suggest you return to your carriage and change your socks.”

(Prince Francesco)
“Mh? But since I’m wearing one red and blue sock each right now, doesn’t that mean there’s one red and blue sock each left in the carriage as well? So when I go back and change them, wouldn’t I end up with a blue sock on my right foot and a red sock on my left foot?”

The replay of Francesco is a test cloaked as humorous words. If you think more about it then you realize that his answer is more accurate then you might think because Princess Bona advise was to "change your socks" which implies both socks and that would be a faulty advise if one might so choose to take it. Prince Francesco gives her a chance to correct her wording by pointing it out.
Now you would think, well isn't this just a simple conversation? What's the point in Prince Francesco doing all that just to point out something that any person with common sense wouldn't have misunderstood. Well in this case you would be right but if you factor in the fact that Princess Bona will take part in political meetings where every small misunderstanding can lead to dire consequences or any minor speech errors could be used against you for the benefit of your opponent then you might figure out why Francesco chooses that kind of replay.

But do not misunderstand, he does love to be a joker so that is not an act.
ungururuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 06:56   Link #653
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

THX PROZESS FOR DIS!

Btw i have posted in general discussion on what would you bring to another world with 2 million dollars as budget. it would be nice if you all answer it
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 08:59   Link #654
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungururuh View Post
In the WN Zenjirou has a thought on how he might try to connect to the internet but it is a vague idea that borders more on a wish but who knows he might one day try some things out on that front. The firebricks started out almost the same way and right now in the WN they already started "developing" them.

Prince Francesco is indeed one of the interesting characters. The way that he conducts himself is not an act but at the same time that is not the entirety of his persona. The best words to describe him would be "a genius that most would think a foul".

If you are sharp enough you can pick this up even in his first conversation.

(Princess Bona)
“No problem. I may be speaking out of turn, but I suggest you return to your carriage and change your socks.”

(Prince Francesco)
“Mh? But since I’m wearing one red and blue sock each right now, doesn’t that mean there’s one red and blue sock each left in the carriage as well? So when I go back and change them, wouldn’t I end up with a blue sock on my right foot and a red sock on my left foot?”

The replay of Francesco is a test cloaked as humorous words. If you think more about it then you realize that his answer is more accurate then you might think because Princess Bona advise was to "change your socks" which implies both socks and that would be a faulty advise if one might so choose to take it. Prince Francesco gives her a chance to correct her wording by pointing it out.
Now you would think, well isn't this just a simple conversation? What's the point in Prince Francesco doing all that just to point out something that any person with common sense wouldn't have misunderstood. Well in this case you would be right but if you factor in the fact that Princess Bona will take part in political meetings where every small misunderstanding can lead to dire consequences or any minor speech errors could be used against you for the benefit of your opponent then you might figure out why Francesco chooses that kind of replay.

But do not misunderstand, he does love to be a joker so that is not an act.
I don't know what the Prince is going to do later, but I wouldn't read too much into his conversation as of now.

The problem is, Japanese can be pretty vague. For example, they don't have pluralwords (except for people), so when Bona says the word "kutsushita" aka "socks", it can mean both a single sock or two socks.
That leads to the problem that the speaker can mean the singular while the hearer percieves it as plural. A critical problem for translating.

Thus, you cannot argue that Bona made a "mistake". If anything, the translation lost the nuance, as sad as that is. She might as well could have implied that he changes into a third pair of socks, yellow ones or whatever.
Old 2015-12-24, 18:47   Link #655
Waxman

Oh! Santa PROzess delivered a new chapter! And it seems there will be something for new year too!
Thanks you PROzess.
Old 2015-12-27, 17:46   Link #656
kari-no-sugata II

I just found this series over Christmas. It's been a lovely read! Ahh-hh...

Many many thanks for PROzess for translating!

My biggest regret is that this is fiction and it could never happen to me
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-29, 15:35   Link #657
Rubinsky

I got curious about this novel 3 days ago and I already read the whole thing. The translation is really good.

I found quite suspicious that a "fool prince" is taking a visit to the Carpa Kingdom just to have some fun. I bet he's anything but a fool.

PROzess, may I be a little offtopic here? Since you have a higher education as a translator, what strategy did you use to study kanji? I'm trying to use the Heisig's method from the book "Remembering the Kanji". Not sure if you know. Like you, I also did self-study in english and I really hate the slow-pace of my japanese school.
Rubinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-02, 12:37   Link #658
deathcoy

So...

Spoiler for =(:
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 11:40   Link #659
kari-no-sugata II

v4c2 translated!

The political "battle" is quite interesting. Zenjirou acquitting himself well here.

Spoiler for thoughts on v4c2:
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 19:24   Link #660
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I love this series, and it's day to day life of Zenjirou and Aura and their son also the politics and etc etc. But what bugs me sometimes is the unnecessary long text of descriptions about air conditions and other subjects that I don't know... seem irrelevant. But none the less its awesome
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, politics, riajuu, romance, transported