AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-11-13, 18:37   Link #1
Walkingcatastrophy
Deep Anime Dude

Do you feel *gasp* old?

I was wondering if anyone else felt like I feel? I remember back in the glory days when I was a young pup (17.) I had no problem pulling all night Anime -reading/watching-a-thon's. Now forget it! At the ripe old age of 25 it seems like other-worldly things (work, dating, responsibilities, blah blah) have been draining my very essence and will!

Has anyone else encountered this familiar feeling?
Or am I truly just an old goat who needs to be put out to pasture? <--- Will anyone even understand that phrase anymore?

So tell me, do you ever feel old sometimes? If you do, will you always stay a child at heart, or progress to an old meanie?
Walkingcatastrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 18:43   Link #2
stubby42

I'm at a very confusing point in my life, on the one hand I've just graduated university, I'm looking for work and trying to immigrate but on the other hand I'm back at home living with my parents doing to same job I did when I was 16.
stubby42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 18:45   Link #3
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

It's because you eat paper when you was young

More seriously, not me. It's more the contrary because now I have a better way of life than before
Old 2009-11-13, 18:46   Link #4
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

If I feel old it's because of BS situations piling up

I have hobbies -not to make me feel young- but to ignore/forget that BS that comes with aging
(and I mean situations, not physical stuff)
Old 2009-11-13, 18:47   Link #5
Walkingcatastrophy
Deep Anime Dude

Yeah, that sounds like a lot to wade through Stubby. I had a similar predicament when I had to choose furthering my career or staying at a job I knew and loved. All I can say is keep moving forward and it can't ever truly be a bad thing. I look where I was 4 years ago and it scares me senseless. Progression is the key.

What field of work are you looking into?
Old 2009-11-13, 18:48   Link #6
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This is... so funny. Get up, move faster.
Old 2009-11-13, 18:49   Link #7
Walkingcatastrophy
Deep Anime Dude

Kusa... paper doesn't make you feel older! It makes you... uh... more tree like? =p
That's a good point about having a different perspective now.

There is indeed a ton of bs that comes with aging. I think I took for granted all the things my rent's did for me when I was real young. Supporting yourself is a lot to do, especially this day and age.

Get up and move faster? ha! I'm sick, if I move any faster than I am now I might crash into something. The only good thing about that is I'll forget how old I feel. Ooo and maybe just maybe wake up brilliant! woohoo
Old 2009-11-13, 18:53   Link #8
stubby42

Well I got my degree in film and tv production so I'm kind of heading in that direction, but truth is I'm far more interested in working for the internet start ups because whilst there isnt a lot of money there at the moment, its where the big bucks will be in the future. That and the industry really excites me.

But that dream clashes with my other dream which is to imigrate to Canada, the short version is that if I try and go down the film/tv/internet route the paper work doesnt, well work.

So right now I'm back working in a super market and a book store saving money and trying to work out what the hell I'm supposed to do.

I guess in that sense I do feel old because I'm at a point where I have to make life changing decisions.
stubby42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 18:57   Link #9
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
You're supposed to reach your peak health and physical best at 25...dude.

Change your diet, and yh, move.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 18:58   Link #10
Walkingcatastrophy
Deep Anime Dude

Hmm. That is definitely rough stubby. Especially if you don't have any connections in the field/area you want to go/move into. I really do sympathize with you, I had to deal with my brother in laws immigration into the US and that in its self was a mess, and he had a base here.

But in a way, I guess this is a great turning point in your life that you will never forget. Exciting or frustrating at times I have high hopes you'll make it to where you want to be. At that point you'll really feel old

Peak physical best... In some regards I agree with you there. Purely from a physical sense you are spot on. But mentally I feel like I'm 40 hehe
Old 2009-11-13, 18:59   Link #11
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Let me tell you what makes me feel old, hair loss. Feels bad , man.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 19:00   Link #12
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Old-ness? if you have time to worry about little things like that, you are still very yung.
Old 2009-11-13, 19:02   Link #13
Walkingcatastrophy
Deep Anime Dude

I've managed to keep some hair on my head Rev, Its a miracle if you ask me. Speaking of hair loss... all the men in my family lose all there body hair around 56. That's not normal is it?

Oh I'm not worried myself, I embrace it. I was just curious if anyone else felt the same way hehe
Old 2009-11-13, 19:09   Link #14
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

I still have a lot of hair but it's really depressing when it starts falling, if there's something that makes me feel old, is that. I still feel like a kid in a lot of aspects.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 19:15   Link #15
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Knowing that Linkin Park is over a decade old makes me feel old. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
I'm at a very confusing point in my life, on the one hand I've just graduated university, I'm looking for work and trying to immigrate but on the other hand I'm back at home living with my parents doing to same job I did when I was 16.
Consider yourself lucky that you even have a job or parents that care enough about you to let you stay with them.

Some of us are facing homelessness and malnutrition in this fucked economy.
Old 2009-11-13, 19:21   Link #16
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Honestly I feel mentally old, I'm often forgetful and nowadays I prefer to stay at home rather than go out and "party". Although its probably just a change of mentality over anything else. But at the same time I still feel like I did when I was 16, just my tastes has changed.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 19:26   Link #17
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Honestly I feel mentally old, I'm often forgetful and nowadays I prefer to stay at home rather than go out and "party". Although its probably just a change of mentality over anything else. But at the same time I still feel like I did when I was 16, just my tastes has changed.
This isn't feeling old, it's just maturing a little. ^^;

I feel old in the unhealthy sense. Unfortunately I already know why and can't do a damn thing about it.

Just walking to the library is becoming harder and harder.
Old 2009-11-13, 19:29   Link #18
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Why on earth would I feel old?

I'm only 32 (and only look 26 I'm told but that's neither here nor there).

Now, when I'm a 90 yr old, yeah then I MIGHT feel old

There's still SO MUCH out there to see and do, I won't feel "old" for a good long time!
I can't wait till my 12 and 9 yr old are old enough to move out, and I'll get to experience things in an entirely different way!

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 19:30   Link #19
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
This isn't feeling old, it's just maturing a little. ^^;

I feel old in the unhealthy sense. Unfortunately I already know why and can't do a damn thing about it.

Just walking to the library is becoming harder and harder.
What makes me feel really old is that someone born in 1990 is 19yrs old now lol

Oh god I hate going to malls, seeing all the teenie boppers make me feel ancient.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 19:34   Link #20
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
I don't feel old, per say, I just feel that my thinking and my take on the world has matured compared to how it was when I was still in high school. Which I guess is technically making me "old", but that's now how I view it.