Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-04-20, 18:00   Link #8541
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
I rarely ever look at all, unless someone who passes me by really catches my eye for whatever reason. I tend to either be in a rush to get somewhere, or just not interested enough to really stop and see what people pass me by. I do look occasionally, but only if I see someone who looks very attractive to me; the rest of the time, I just don't bother looking.
Old 2011-04-20, 18:05   Link #8542
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
How often do you people check out others? Maybe a quick glance of someone passing by you...perhaps a long blank obvious stare (this is pretty rude in most cases I'd say), or do you not look at all?

I'm curious about this because I think I look too often. There are a lot of beautiful women in my city and they walk by me every day I step out the door.

I'm not judging anyone on this, I'm just curious. This question might depend where you live too.
All the time, but I do it discretely. Don't move your head much and people don't usually notice.

Whenever a woman passes by I automatically quickly glance over her and informally assess her in my head. pretty much takes less then a second. If she's very good looking my view might linger a bit...

But i'm pretty sure everyone (women and men) does this, even on a subconcious level.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 18:45   Link #8543
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
All the time, but I do it discretely. Don't move your head much and people don't usually notice.

Whenever a woman passes by I automatically quickly glance over her and informally assess her in my head. pretty much takes less then a second. If she's very good looking my view might linger a bit...

But i'm pretty sure everyone (women and men) does this, even on a subconcious level.
Have to admit to doing the same. It can't be helped: I'm a healthy young male in a campus with lots of good looking gals. I would have to be blind not to see them.
Old 2011-04-20, 22:51   Link #8544
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I always look at everything.

Not because I'm trolling for attractive women, but because I'm an observant person. I have a hard time tuning out annoying noises or conversations, bad smells or bright lights because I am constantly hyper-aware of my surroundings.

This is a symptom of living in a shoot-you-in-the-face part of town for many years.

As a side bonus, however, I notice a great many things. Like how yesterday in front of a used clothing swap, a cute Korean girl bent into her car to grab a bag of clothes and gave me a clear view of her Hello Kitty panties.
Old 2011-04-20, 23:40   Link #8545
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post

As a side bonus, however, I notice a great many things. Like how yesterday in front of a used clothing swap, a cute Korean girl bent into her car to grab a bag of clothes and gave me a clear view of her Hello Kitty panties.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 00:13   Link #8546
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Unlike a lot of guys, I can't get physical with someone unless there is a strong emotional component present. So whenever it gets to that point, I already place a huge degree of trust and feelings in my partner (which does cause me problems from time to time, heh).
You're not alone on that one, believe it or not. Back when I first broke up with my ex (read: she dumped me), I would BS about just wanting a one-night stand, and every now and then, I'll still say something about having a one-night stand. But in the end, it's all bullshit... while naturally being a guy there will always be that urge at times to getting laid whether you're single or not... when it comes down to the cold hard truth, I have to be in a committed relationship before I would get phtsical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
How often do you people check out others? Maybe a quick glance of someone passing by you...perhaps a long blank obvious stare (this is pretty rude in most cases I'd say), or do you not look at all?

I'm curious about this because I think I look too often. There are a lot of beautiful women in my city and they walk by me every day I step out the door.

I'm not judging anyone on this, I'm just curious. This question might depend where you live too.
Usually, I just keep walking by people, giving most barely a fraction of a second of thought. But, if there happens to be and extremely attractive girl walking by, my eyes follow her for about a second before going back to looking in front

Then there's also the fact that if a female happens to have quite a bit of exposed cleavage, whereas most guys would stare or look for a second too long, I give one look, decide whether I think she's attractive or not, and regardless of the answer, I keep moving. One look is all this guy needs.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 01:10   Link #8547
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
I, too, have found it very advantageous to be hyper-aware of one's surroundings; always helps in catching that one glance or helping you avoid a collision with an idiot who makes a left turn in a parking lot at 20 mph without checking if anyone will be in their way.
Old 2011-04-21, 20:35   Link #8548
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

You know, when I first went into a serious relationship, I was shocked she said yes to me, as well as finding out she liked me for a long period of time. We dated for seven months until February 2011. She acted so strange and she felt so distant. I asked her what was bothering her and what was wrong, but she never gave me a straight answer. It was always: "You just don't understand" Or "Theres nothing you can do to help" It drove me crazy watching her suffer day by day. I have not done anything to her in the past, I've been faithful and I've always been attentive. But on that day she said that we should just be friends. But I didn't understand why. Because it ended so suddenly and she never provided me closure or a good reason for leaving me. I saw her occasionally, but she still was distant. I tried acting like any other friend, just starting up a casual conversation about recent movies and such. She'd just end it quickly and try to go somewhere else. I've kept a box of memories that contains all these items of memories that we had together. It was very hard to let go, especially after all we've been through, the tough times, the happy memories, the promises we made. I was just so happy, and I never wanted anything more than to be with her. But months after we broke up, on of her friends found out why she broke up with me and told me. She said she broke up with me because she tired of me, and that she wasn't interested anymore. I was so shocked and angry by what I was hearing. But I still continued to blame myself. I did so much for her, sacrificed so much for her, tried to hard to be the person that was better than how her ex treated her. But the messed up thing is, I asked her ex how they broke up, and they broke up the exact same way we did. I felt like I was used. But why do I still blame myself? Why do I feel like I was at fault? Why is it that it's so easy for her to move on but its so damn hard for me to?? I just don't understand.
Old 2011-04-22, 10:17   Link #8549
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Roy View Post
You know, when I first went into a serious relationship, I was shocked she said yes to me, as well as finding out she liked me for a long period of time. We dated for seven months until February 2011. She acted so strange and she felt so distant. I asked her what was bothering her and what was wrong, but she never gave me a straight answer. It was always: "You just don't understand" Or "Theres nothing you can do to help" It drove me crazy watching her suffer day by day. I have not done anything to her in the past, I've been faithful and I've always been attentive. But on that day she said that we should just be friends. But I didn't understand why. Because it ended so suddenly and she never provided me closure or a good reason for leaving me. I saw her occasionally, but she still was distant. I tried acting like any other friend, just starting up a casual conversation about recent movies and such. She'd just end it quickly and try to go somewhere else. I've kept a box of memories that contains all these items of memories that we had together. It was very hard to let go, especially after all we've been through, the tough times, the happy memories, the promises we made. I was just so happy, and I never wanted anything more than to be with her. But months after we broke up, on of her friends found out why she broke up with me and told me. She said she broke up with me because she tired of me, and that she wasn't interested anymore. I was so shocked and angry by what I was hearing. But I still continued to blame myself. I did so much for her, sacrificed so much for her, tried to hard to be the person that was better than how her ex treated her. But the messed up thing is, I asked her ex how they broke up, and they broke up the exact same way we did. I felt like I was used. But why do I still blame myself? Why do I feel like I was at fault? Why is it that it's so easy for her to move on but its so damn hard for me to?? I just don't understand.
Because you're more emotionally in-tune than her, apparently. While she shouldn't stay in a relationship with you if she doesn't want to, the way she handled it was tactless and callous. While just coming out and bluntly saying she was bored of you wouldn't be good either, she could have explained her thought process gently and made attempts to be friendlier afterward.

And while the logical take on things doesn't necessarily assuage the emotional wounds, it's good to keep in mind that if that's the way she acts then you're better off without her.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 16:56   Link #8550
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Usually, I just keep walking by people, giving most barely a fraction of a second of thought. But, if there happens to be and extremely attractive girl walking by, my eyes follow her for about a second before going back to looking in front

Then there's also the fact that if a female happens to have quite a bit of exposed cleavage, whereas most guys would stare or look for a second too long, I give one look, decide whether I think she's attractive or not, and regardless of the answer, I keep moving. One look is all this guy needs.
No my friend, some girls require a double take

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 17:45   Link #8551
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Some girls require long, approving stares and a wolf-whistle.
Old 2011-04-22, 19:21   Link #8552
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

One day I hope to be walking along the opposite side of a street to an attractive woman, yell out "NICE!" at her, and walk fast enough that she doesn't know who said it.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 19:25   Link #8553
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Does anyone ever give the second glance to a girl and hope you can catch her giving you a second glance herself?

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 19:42   Link #8554
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepearl View Post
Does anyone ever give the second glance to a girl and hope you can catch her giving you a second glance herself?
About once a month, I'd say. I saw her head appear to "end" the glance motion a couple of times, but haven't gotten the timing right to actually confirm it one way or another.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 20:19   Link #8555
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Happened once. Was pretty awkward for a while. Then we just laughed.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 20:33   Link #8556
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
This happened to me once and it led to...

... no, not a romance, but a conversation. She was actually looking at my hair; I was checking out her dress.
Old 2011-04-23, 01:35   Link #8557
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
A few times while I was out with my mom, or dad, they always claimed to see a girl or two giving me some glances. I personally don't think I look good enough to warrant a glance from an attractive woman, so I never notice it. There was one instance though, when I was visiting family in New Jersey around 2006, I walked out of a mall wearing a Kentucky Fried Chicken shirt, and it said "Finger Licking Good" on the front.

When I passed this group of girls, all of em looked my age, I heard "Yes you are finger lickin good!"

Least that's how I remember it.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 09:24   Link #8558
greedyisgood
easy mode

I am turning 23 this year and never had a girlfriend and people around me teased me a lot to get a girlfriend and get married already. But right now I still enjoy being single and I always give them an answer that "I do have better plans".

Sometimes it just annoys me when my co-workers teased me a lot when I am serious doing my work. Also there are times that they invited me to social gatherings to meet new people but I usually pass for some reason. Last Christmas I received a gift from my co-workers and in the card the greeting written is "hope you will have a girlfriend next year".

Finally what I can say is its hard to be single when people around you is already married or are into a relationship.

Last edited by greedyisgood; 2011-04-23 at 09:39.
greedyisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 09:41   Link #8559
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

Let me vent this: I dislike fake people. That being said, I hope when I do date a girl, we just be ourselves. Because, one thing I value over many things is honesty. However, some girls just can't handle the truth.....so I gotta sugarcoat to someone so stuck-up? Oh well, as much as I hate to admit it, relationships will always have lies in it. No ifs, ands, or buts. We are great actors. I mean, we literally act different around many people. A charade that goes to blah blah blah blah and so on. So to wrap up this venting, I really want a honest relationship like some people desire. But, I'm currently in the "Still a single young 'un just looking for potential girlfriend" mode.
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 10:28   Link #8560
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
There was one incident where I was looking down towards the ground while waiting for the train. Then I looked to my left to see a girls bare feet...I looked up a bit bewildered and she just smiled and laughed a bit, so I smiled back.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom