AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-02, 05:45   Link #101
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

For those who are wondering when the anime is gonna air, it's gong to be airing this Winter.... of 2010! MWuha ha ha ha ha!

@Germanturkey
Last time i read from Seven Seas, the english publisher of the manga, the author is going to finish the series by Volume 10.
I think Mina came first and Rachel similar looks with the former are just a coincidence.
Old 2009-11-02, 17:07   Link #102
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, if queens blade can air, i don't see why this can't. especially since this is a more mature themed show, vs queens blade which is like like ____.

and yeah, its probably not coincidental that Rachel and Mina look alike. Mina did come first, and ASW does use a lot of references in their games.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 17:33   Link #103
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
For those who are wondering when the anime is gonna air, it's gong to be airing this Winter.... of 2010! MWuha ha ha ha ha!
Do you mean Winter 2009/Spring 2010? I saw the upcoming Winter '09 and saw it there .
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 17:49   Link #104
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Don't care if its bad or not , i want to see this anime to give my opinion .
The trailer is promising in my first sight .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 18:03   Link #105
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, winter 2010 gives the wrong impression. i believe its this winter it begins to air. and yes, anything with vampires (excluding Twilight. POS movie) instantly makes it 3x erotically charged.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2009-11-02, 18:11   Link #106
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
yeah, winter 2010 gives the wrong impression. i believe its this winter it begins to air. and yes, anything with vampires (excluding Twilight. POS movie) instantly makes it 3x erotically charged.
I think what it is is that the "fall anime season" basically lasts till the end of the year, and winter shows start airing early January... whereas technically the season of "winter" starts December 2009, the winter anime doesn't start till January 2010... so it's just a matter of how you want to refer to it, I guess. So long as the meaning is clear... :\
Old 2009-11-03, 18:01   Link #107
Kunagisa

If the fact that I'm watching this solely for the fact that the mangaka of the manga did a bunch of H doujins, does that make me a bad person?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 21:55   Link #108
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
If the fact that I'm watching this solely for the fact that the mangaka of the manga did a bunch of H doujins, does that make me a bad person?
no, it makes you a man (if you are one) or a kinky woman. double standards ftw.

off note, i did not know he did Ura Ura... you would never guess from the artwork.

Old 2009-11-03, 22:31   Link #109
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

This is a fairly raunchy manga series, I wonder how much censorship will happen
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 22:42   Link #110
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
This is a fairly raunchy manga series, I wonder how much censorship will happen
The trailer seemed pretty uncensored... we'll have to wait and see, I guess.
Old 2009-11-03, 23:36   Link #111
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
The trailer seemed pretty uncensored... we'll have to wait and see, I guess.
The gore will probably be uncensored, but all the sex and naked loli... that'll probably be cut / censored or altered.
Old 2009-11-03, 23:43   Link #112
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
The gore will probably be uncensored, but all the sex and naked loli... that'll probably be cut / censored or altered.
Then what the hell are they gonna air it for?

Seriously, I'm hoping it will be a late-night anime, I'm not saying I won't enjoy it without the sex scenes/naked people but not just as much as I would with them. I don't want anything to get cut out from the manga as some scenes are significant to the plot.

I know I'll rage if Change 123 ever gets animated and they decide to censor it.
Old 2009-11-04, 00:10   Link #113
Raiga
tl;dr

I think 90%~ of anime that otaku watch is late-night anyway. It probably depends more on which station(s) air the show. And of course, you could always wait for the DVDs to come out...
Old 2009-11-04, 02:21   Link #114
billborden

It's less "how much" and more "how" will they censor this show. Unless they plan to go for the old pixilation route, there are few good options; Mina (the loli) spends large chunks of the first (and second and third and so on) tankobon nude with nary a tub nor onsen in sight. Mysteriously appearing clouds of steam or "censer bats" are really the wrong mood for this show; my fear is something like KnJ--full scene blocking that makes the broadcast essentially unwatchable.
Old 2009-11-04, 13:12   Link #115
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Loose stoles and wraps and capes would do as censors. And so would brief bits of full nudity with no details, as in Darker than Black 2. And using Shinbou camera angles to miss certain things, or shadow, or flashes of sunlight, as in the promo. I can't picture Shinbou using cats or elephants or signs. This is not a comedy, anyway.

I agree that the manga has its slow bits. The mangaka may be an artist, but not the greatest storyteller. That just makes it perfect for Shinbou to play with. The world and the story set-up are excellent and the basic stories are good, too. And I think all the main characters have something interesting about them to work with.

The fleshiness of the illustrations on the official site is a bit excessive for me, but everything looks good in the trailer. And the brief glimpses they give us of a few top scenes from the manga look excellent to me. Except that I'm still dubious about the young voice.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 14:28   Link #116
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I want my naked loli! *gets shot!*
Old 2009-11-04, 15:30   Link #117
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Except that I'm still dubious about the young voice.
This is a main concern of mine as well. I don't care too much for exposed flesh, but the young voice was certainly something I did not expect. Especially since
Spoiler for Spoiler? Not Plot sensitive:

EDIT:@germanturkey: I would go into detail why, but it's contents are spoilerific. PM me if you're really that curious why, but I have a feeling you already know.

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-11-04 at 16:35.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 15:35   Link #118
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

age has nothing to do with loliness. its the body type. neither does voice. though i would be seriously freaked by an old sounding loli. *looks at Kuroko..*

Old 2009-11-04, 18:18   Link #119
Washi

The degree to which it need be censored is mainly dependent upon the station(s) on which it will air, so that's what I'd be looking out for. For example, if it airs on AT-X or Tokyo MX, then it would not have to be censored. I think that's pretty likely.
Old 2009-11-05, 01:00   Link #120
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

I'm hoping there won't be excessive signs and distant view scenery shots since it's being done by Shaft/Shinbo. I mean I love the shows produce by Shaft and Shinbo, but it can get tiring sometimes with their style. Also I read the manga and to me that style doesn't seem to fit with it entirely, maybe in a minor way. Oh well, I'll just wait and see how it goes.
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance, seinen, shaft, supernatural, vampire, violence