AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-08, 16:39   Link #1
Kuroshinobu

Yakuza 3

It appears that Yakuza 3 will indeed be coming to the West March 2010.
Visit the Playstation blog for more details.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...-marches-west/

Is anyone as interested in this as I am? I know this game was not originally planned to come to the West due to poor sales for it's prequels but I personally loved the first two Yakuzas.

Yakuza 3 is set to come in original Japanese voice acting with English subtitles.
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 17:53   Link #2
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

If I am completely honest Yakuza 1 & 2 didn't interest me much. They where good games though. Yakuza 3 looks awesome, the whole feel and everything, have some 2nd thoughts about the gameplay itself, but that was never the main point of the game. Definitely checking it out, not sure if it's a buy yet.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 18:25   Link #3
Mattie

Send a message via MSN to Mattie
hmm can't say i played one or two, but after seeing those graphics it looks a bomber ill have to search for it lol
Mattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 20:15   Link #4
videoman190

Everybody wins us fans really want this game and if it sells well we also get 4 in 2011 (maybe)
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 21:21   Link #5
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bah! Same month as FF13? Probably just get it just for the helluva it, but most likely won't play it after a few months, if even at all lol. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 03:47   Link #6
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
March.....Isn't that the same month that God of War 3, and freaking Final Fantasy 13 comes out? Uh....I hope Sega Knows what they're doing...

In any case even though I played the Japanese version to death I will sure as hell get the English version and support Sega's unexpected decision to release this in the states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Bah! Same month as FF13? Probably just get it just for the helluva it, but most likely won't play it after a few months, if even at all lol. XD
Ha ha ha even if you don't play it at all as long as you buy it you'll still be supporting Sega regardless.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 05:35   Link #7
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
A trailer here:

Having seen the trailer, I think I'll check this game out. I never actually played the first 2, although I have heard a lot of great stuff about it, and now, I am convinced.

Last edited by Tsuyoshi; 2009-12-09 at 05:51.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 17:10   Link #8
Shadow Kira01

Looking good..

I will be getting this and the sequel, Ryu ga Gotoku 4 next year!
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 19:22   Link #9
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

I remember at one point being really interested in this game, but sorta blanked it out of my mind when it was supposedly never ever going to be released stateside. =\

I can't help but frown at SEGA's decision to release it in March among all the AAA blockbuster titles though...I might not have the beans or time lying around to get it on release day. But whatever, I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually. I waited this long, I can wait a little longer.

I looked up some gameplay clips on youtube, and is it just me or do the controls look sorta clunky (fastforward to around 3:40 mark to see the action)? Either that, or everybody seems to suck at it.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 21:55   Link #10
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post

I looked up some gameplay clips on youtube, and is it just me or do the controls look sorta clunky (fastforward to around 3:40 mark to see the action)? Either that, or everybody seems to suck at it.
.....Yeah the guy who's playing just sucks....He's obviously button mashing especially with that pole, and it looks like he wasn't even locking onto any enemies, just aiming with the control stick. Doesn't know how to strafe and especially doesn't know how to block. He also didn't do any special(Heat) moves at all just kept with the button mashing and running away. No surprise he got his butt kicked by the boss in that video....

Here's some fun tips for you that the guy didn't utilize at all when your enemies go down you don't have to move on to the next target, you can stand them back up and continue to beat on them if you wish. Also if your opponent has a light weapon like a sword you can block it as long as you're holding a weapon. The guy in the video just thought he could throw chairs at him but he found out the sword moves a lot quicker than you....
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 23:03   Link #11
Kuroshinobu

2010 is going to be a huge dent in my wallet that's for sure.
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 16:05   Link #12
Shadow Kira01

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7023837

This is a real good battle scene that also has high quality audio and video. The gamer appears to be very skillful as to not use any items or it also appears that all equipment had been removed prior to the battle. The good thing about having low health is that the HEAT bar fills up really quickly. With high stats, having a lot of HEAT enables more damage per hit and also the use of special techniques. Of course, after seeing the special technique performed a couple of times, it gets long and boring..
Old 2009-12-10, 17:00   Link #13
Avisch
Reality Blender

I played the first one loooooooong ago. Wasn't gonna bother with the series, but now of course Im interested.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 20:44   Link #14
Shadow Kira01

This series is simply amazing!

The first game was pretty much the story of Kiryu Kazuma. The battle aspect of the gameplay was somewhat poor. However, the sequel received serious improvements to all aspects of gameplay while the story became focused on the rivalry between the Tojo-kai and the Omi-rengo. The third game is generally about Kiryu Kazuma fighting against his own Tojo-kai over the selection of a successor to the chairman involving Dojima Daigo and this other guy. It also takes place in both Kamurocho and Okinawa which also involves the Americans. Finally, the fourth game will be released next spring. That one has major improvements in terms of both graphics and gameplay. There will also be four protagonists with four different stories. Honestly, this is one of my favorite series alongside Growlanser, Shin Megami Tensei, and Xenosaga.