AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st - rating
Perfect 10 61 43.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 30.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 8.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-11, 13:22   Link #1521
leodamine
Divine Akuma

I wish this movie would come to american theaters. I'd go there in a heartbeat!

Sadly, I highly doubt it'll even get a DVD release over here ;_;
Old 2010-04-11, 13:35   Link #1522
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Some part of me wonders if it will be like the Rebuild of Evangelion's release schedule.

The second episode was released in theatres June 27, 2009, but the DVDs and BRs come out in May 2010.
Old 2010-04-11, 13:55   Link #1523
mokoufanatic
the immortal fire

the likely hood of the dvd being released is small but it is possible and if it does i will buy it the day they put it on the shelves
Old 2010-04-11, 13:58   Link #1524
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

The sales figures of the current Nanoha boxsets may determine whether we will have a chance to see an R1 release of the movie or not.

Is there anyone who knows how the R1 boxsets are doing?
Old 2010-04-11, 14:02   Link #1525
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko View Post
The sales figures of the current Nanoha boxsets may determine whether we will have a chance to see an R1 release of the movie or not.

Is there anyone who knows how the R1 boxsets are doing?
In the States at least, I know the boxsets for season 1 and A's didn't sell as well as Funimation hoped they would. So far as I know, they have no plans to dub StrikerS, so if we're not getting StrikerS, I doubt we'll get the movie.
Old 2010-04-11, 14:05   Link #1526
mokoufanatic
the immortal fire

very true but there is still either waiting for a fan sub of the movie or buying it in the raw either way at least you will have the movie
Old 2010-04-11, 14:09   Link #1527
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Patience is a virtue, really. Waiting for weeks, if not months, of chapters for an arc to finish in a manga before reading will give you that. Of course, if you also happen to be the type to wait for small arcs in anime to finish before digging in, you'll know that it's just yet another day of being an otaku.

The only difference between the two kinds of wait-ers, are the ones the type who whine and moan and say "are we there yet?" every 5 seconds; and the type who just hangs around and waits for it silently, no questions asked.
Old 2010-04-11, 14:16   Link #1528
mokoufanatic
the immortal fire

but even patience can be taxed. even those that wait quietly will eventually snap and start complaining, how long it takes is what defines them, but the movie when it is finally released will most likely have been worth the wait for those of us in the states
Old 2010-04-11, 14:18   Link #1529
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Well, you can't blame them for keeping the movie running in theaters for as long as they can. They want to make as much money off of it as possible, especially if for some reason the DVD sales fail or aren't as strong as they thought they would be. And really, the only way fans in the States can even see the movie is if it's uploaded somewhere with subs or find a way to find the raw DVD and understand Japanese, since I doubt it will ever be dubbed.
Old 2010-04-11, 14:21   Link #1530
mokoufanatic
the immortal fire

but the movie will eventually just lose public interest then 7 arcs is going to have to settle for what they got and hope the dvd sells well
Old 2010-04-11, 14:28   Link #1531
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Honestly, I'm wondering if this strategy might hurt the DVD sales. If they keep the movie in theaters for so long, people might lose interest in buying it.

Of course, I doubt this considering how popular the franchise is, but it's interesting to think about.
Old 2010-04-11, 14:31   Link #1532
mokoufanatic
the immortal fire

good point but even the most popular series can have a sudden interest loss when that happens the sales on all merchandise is going to plummet then nanoha will be nothing but an underground anime
Old 2010-04-11, 14:32   Link #1533
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

You say that like it's a bad thing.
Old 2010-04-11, 14:35   Link #1534
mokoufanatic
the immortal fire

its not but then awesome merchandise wont be made any more and that is a bad thing plus it going underground will remove alot of the wannabe fans for a lack of better term then it will be even better sot of a double edge sword would i rather have awesome merchandise and no wannabe's but i doubt that will happen
Old 2010-04-11, 15:01   Link #1535
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Honestly, I'm wondering if this strategy might hurt the DVD sales. If they keep the movie in theaters for so long, people might lose interest in buying it.

Of course, I doubt this considering how popular the franchise is, but it's interesting to think about.
Well, this is a country who can sell each dvd for 100$ and get away with it. I can see people buying it for collectors sake and to perhaps to see it once more in BD quality, so I don't think dvd sales will be too much problem.
Old 2010-04-11, 16:04   Link #1536
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

I too cannot see how keeping the Nanoha movie in the theatres would hurt DVD sales. The target of the movie is, from the very start, the hardcore fans, who are more than ready to buy a couple of every single merchandise (the golden rule of three: one for use, one for "preaching", and one for collection ).

The pattern of the theatrical show confirms this: it is not like they have Nanoha in every single theatre for half a year. Many theatres show the movie only once a week, or even less. This is likely because they have a small number of core audience watching the movie repeatedly. But as hardcore as they are they still cannot afford to see it everyday. The strategy of spreading it out allows all hardcore fans to have sufficient time to rewatch it as many times they like. Hardcore fans don't mind to adjust their schedule to fit the weekly/monthly releases, but casual audience would just pop in any theatre and watch any movie that is available.

This strategy certainly would not apply to mainstream movies though...
Old 2010-04-12, 08:25   Link #1537
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Maybe they want to prevent piracy, so they're trying to make as much money out of it as possible before the dvds get leaked. Technically we'll be pirating it when it comes out, unless we import. Which would be a waste of cash if we don't understand it >_>
Old 2010-04-12, 09:10   Link #1538
hinakatbklyn

Preventing piracy of the movie is one of a number of reasons the DVD's were not released as quickly. (That didn't stop another movie from getting pirated though). Once the DVD's are out, the DVD's will eventually get leaked (and or subbed). They either don't make money or they lose money if the movie is seen online.

A direct import wouldn't hurt, except that there would be no translations and it would cost almost twice as much as a licensed DVD outside Japan.
Old 2010-04-12, 09:20   Link #1539
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokoufanatic View Post
but even patience can be taxed. even those that wait quietly will eventually snap and start complaining, how long it takes is what defines them, but the movie when it is finally released will most likely have been worth the wait for those of us in the states
You need to cultivate your patience more, some of the serie i follow got a tankobun release only once per year, waiting for DvD release is just business as usual .
Old 2010-04-12, 14:47   Link #1540
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
A direct import wouldn't hurt, except that there would be no translations and it would cost almost twice as much as a licensed DVD outside Japan.
Or you could just wait for the movie to be uploaded to one of the sites online and subbed instead of trying to buy a direct raw import. Seems like a lot of trouble for a movie, even if it's an MGLN movie.